Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  1:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Okay girls I will take the lead here. Let's start with charm squares exchange.
The group I quilt with uses a 6" square,so let's go with that.

Anyone who wants to participate, email me with your name, address and what color preference if any, and I will form a list and mail it out.

We could also include a button with the 6" square, that might make a cute keepsake quilt of just 6 inch squares with buttons sewn in the middle.

How does that sound? We will start talking 12 block exchange later on...Diane

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Aug 27 2005 11:54:19 PM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  1:25:51 PM  Show Profile
sounds good to me. So let me get this straight...a 6" block made of 2" squares, right? and the button being added it a fun idea.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  1:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
NOPE! Just a plain old 6 inch square cut piece of fabric..the point is to maybe get fabrics you don't already have.As well as a keepsake from a friend too. Anything you do with them after you get yours is up to you.
I think the 2" thing was just so they would fit in the "Charmalade" jar for that one project.Unless you are really good at miniature quilts, a 2 inch square isn't very big!
Sorry if I am not being very precise with my explainations...when you have quilted almost all your life, you forget that others haven't and don't know all the terminology! Sorry
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile
cool...that is alot quicker for sure. I wasn't sure.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  6:04:14 PM  Show Profile
So, just a 6-in square piece of fabric with a button or charm sewn in the middle?

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  9:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Yes ma'am..this will be something simple and quick to play with for hot sunny days in the shade...don't forget to email me your addresses so we can start a list..

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Aug 27 2005 11:54:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2005 :  12:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I emailed you with my info. from another topic and didnt know I was to add my color perference, blue for me please! lol Thanks!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  4:32:56 PM  Show Profile
Diane,

Awesome fabrics! Great buttons, too. And the chicken card is SO cute! Thank you, thank you!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  5:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Charm square exchange has begun? I haven't received a list yet and are we doing any theme for the fabrics, or color tones? It is a six inch square, correct? And how many to a person? What have I obviously missed here girls?!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  6:51:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bramble!
I had actually been searching through the posts to try to find guidelines for the charm square swap. I haven't received a swap list by e-mail, but I did receive a cute chicken card today from the organizer of the swap...FabFarmFemmes (Diane). She had enclosed 7 six-inch square pieces of fabric (beautiful variety of colors...gorgeous) and had sewn 5 vintage buttons across the bottom of the card. On the card it said "Here's your charm square list." There are 8 people listed, and you are the first person on the list! There are no guidelines given, so I'm guessing that I should send a similar amount of fabric squares and buttons to the 8 people on the list. She has included a MJF user name and a color preference for those who gave them to her. I loved the surprise factor, and the wonderful contents of the envelope were such fun...right up there with mailart! Ooooh, the anticipation...waiting for the mail delivery...I love it! Hope this helps.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  04:48:32 AM  Show Profile
I too got my chicken card with fabric samples yesteday and I agree with Quilting Queen, I think we are to send 6 inch fabric samples in the color prefernece of each name on the list. I love the button idea too. I was looking for the list in my email, so Diane, I'm sorry I bugged you, I wasn't expecting it in the mail with the fabric already, but your on top of it and I can't wait to get mine out and check the mail! LOL This is going to be so much fun and will make a wonderful keepsake. I"m going with Dianes idea of sending at least 6 squares like I got, makes it more fun! Thanks Diane!!!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  08:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Diane,

Thank you so much for the lovely fabric squares and the pretty buttons. It was a very nice surprise in my mailbox. It made my day!!! Love the chicken card, too.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  2:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Diane--You are alright in my book! Yesterday I asked, today I too received from you a fabulous chicken card filled with treasure! Beautiful fabric and I love the buttons too! Thanks so much! Now I'm on a mission to surprise another button loving farm girl !

I may seem dippy, but exactly how are we doing this? I send to the
person at the top of my list and then work my way down?

Jane -thanks for the info, I would still be wondering if I missed something ( and I frequently do!)

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  3:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Oh Diane!!
I was so thrilled yesterday at receiving such a cute little chicken filled with so much beauty! Beautiful fabrics and wonderful buttons!

Thanks so much!

I'll get busy sending out some fabrics of my own and some buttons too!!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  5:34:37 PM  Show Profile
I got my chicken card (cute cute cute) and wonderful fabric squares and buttons today! I loved them all!! Wow! All fabrics I would have picked out for sure!! Thanks so much..can't wait to send mine out..will get going on that this week for sure. What fun!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  9:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey Diane, I want to play too! what a wonderful keepsake from wonderful farmgirls!

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  11:15:22 PM  Show Profile
I also got my chicken card with squares and buttons. What a fun suprise. I will be getting mine out as soon as possible. Thanks Diane

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  3:20:53 PM  Show Profile
Diane, Did you get my address?

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  10:46:53 AM  Show Profile
I haven't received anything, either. Did it turn out I was too late, after all, to make the list?
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  11:01:03 AM  Show Profile
Have not recieved a snail mail list or email list...this is my 4th attempt to find out anything.

Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  11:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Should I give YOU my mailing address or do you mean that somebody else is supposed to send you a list with all that on it? I honestly don't remember who I gave that info to in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  11:07:16 AM  Show Profile
CarolC and Meadowlark, your names aren't on the list, could be the new ones she got and said she would send when she got back from vacation, so hang in there!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art...

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  11:10:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sue!

Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  11:16:03 AM  Show Profile
Sounds good. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  2:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Has everybody signed up for the MJ's Farm quilt list? The gals will help us organize future quilt block/charm square swaps, to help keep names/addresses private.
Here's the link, so you can read about it:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/mail-lists.asp
Annie
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  04:38:35 AM  Show Profile
Isn't that the list were already on, just taken over by MJF to better keep us organized?? We don't have to sign up again do we?

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page