Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Charm square exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic
Page: of 17

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  10:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Oh JuNe BuGG...i.. am singingg the happy mailboxxxx song..tra *la *la...thank you for the lovely charm swap (gee, you don't like green do you? Me too!!) and the darling little needle case. I love Mary Engelbreit anything I will admit, that was very sew-weet of you!Merci,Muchas gracias,spank you very much.

Also, how far do you live from Mansfield? We are planning a trip to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder home in the not to distant future...
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  03:59:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh, sqrl, oh my oh my! Thanks so much for the charm squares and, oh my, the artful button! Danced my way through the snow back from the mailbox. Such a treasure!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  04:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sqrl, I will cherish the handmade button, thanks SO much, loved the squares too, I've gotten bills and bull all week so this was a treat! And Miss Diane, your so welcome, I'd had to send you a special thank you for starting this wonderful swap, and if you come to Mansfield, let me know, I'm only 40 min. away, we can meet up somewhere! What fun to meet a farmgirl at last! LOL Happy Thanksgiving to all!

" Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont' matter"

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  08:30:31 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Kelly. I received your charm squares the other day. The fabrics were great, loved the dogs, and I really liked the card with the buttons. I love everything and anything Mary Engelbreit. Jan
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  1:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Calling Janet Pinter, your charm squares came back to me, is your addy still the same as on the list? It said insufficient address??

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  7:45:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to BlueEggBabe -- fab charm squares! I've always loved red, and love love love all the red prints you sent to me. To sum: thanks, fab, loved!
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  8:41:53 PM  Show Profile
Sqrl,
Ooh, ooh, ooh...love the awesome button you made and sent! What a treasure! And the fabrics are wonderful! Thanks so much! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2005 :  1:54:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sqrl, your lovely prints and adorable button arrived today. Many thanks. I am going to sew the button on my sunhat!!Love it. :)
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2005 :  9:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Yahooo Blue Egg Sue, your prints arrived today, made my Monday!!. Love the prints!!
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  3:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Sue, sorry about that. I asked Kate to fix my address, but I guess it didn't go through yet. The address is missing the street name. The correct address is N99 W16181 Northway Germantown, WI 53022 Jan Pinter
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  3:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, Thanks so much for the charm squares. Pretty fabrics and I liked the variety. Thanks again...Jan
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  6:07:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kelly, charms squares and buttons arrived safe and sound in New Zealand. They are all so pretty, many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  04:39:17 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, got your charm squares yesterday, thanks so much, such fun prints, all new to me, I"m getting anxious to put them all together!

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  1:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Helen, I got your charm squares today. Cute, fun fabrics. I loved the chicken one. Thanks so much....Jan
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  3:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark Jenny ~ what wonderful squares you sent! I think we must be clones. We have so much in common. I love them! Thanks so much!

P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  11:03:52 AM  Show Profile
I finally decided what to do with the buttons that I have received. I am going to make a charm button bracelet. That way when I can't be snuggied under my quilt, I can think of you all while you are around my wrist. I will be doing a Christmas baazar this weekend, so that will give me time to work on it!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  11:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Helen, got your squares yesterday, thanks so much, such cool prints! Now I can show off my friendship quilt once down and say those squares came all the way from New Zealand, how cool is that!

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2005 :  3:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Utahfarmgirl --Received your charms over the weekend -- how fun! I especially like the doggie print (black on white). That pup looks like my sister's dog, Chloe. I may have to make a dream pillow for her (my sis) out of that square. Thanks bunches! KL
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2005 :  10:16:43 AM  Show Profile
Jenny (meadowlark), I got your charm squares the other day. Thanks so much, really pretty fabrics. Jan
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  08:52:39 AM  Show Profile
Helen, I got you squares on Friday, hadn't gotten any for awhile so I was dancing the jig! What great fabrics! I especially love the fat,colorful, very cute hens. Thanks you so much! Merry Christmas to you way down yonder! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2005 :  12:03:20 PM  Show Profile
My sister works in a nursing facility in Springfield, IL and she was talking with me today about one of the residents that lives there. Frannie is a sweet 86 year old lady who has quickly become one of my sister's favorite patients. Frannie was born with some challenges -- she is a dwarf and also has the mind of a 6 year old child. After her parents died Frannie's sister didn't want to care for her so she put her in the facility where she is now. Frannie's sister does not come to visit and so my sister takes care of her and tries to make things special for her. I have made walker bags for Frannie because she loves to carry around her teddy bear and her purse. She quickly wears them out because she stuffs the bag so full so about every 3 months I have to send Frannie a new bag. Today my sister was saying that the only blanket that Frannie has for her bed is a ratty afghan that has seen better days. Frannie gets cold easily and when she lays down for a nap in the afternoon she likes to snuggle under something warm. Diana (my sister) asked if I could make a quilt for Frannie's bed. I told her I would be happy to and started thinking about what fabrics I would use. Then it came to me that I could use the beautiful charm squares that my Farmgirl sisters have sent to me. So I wanted to let you know that the love you sent with those squares to my house will now be sent to Frannie -- I hope that she can feel that love everytime she covers up with her quilt!

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2005 :  9:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Kay, do you have enough squares? If not, I will send more. Can we send Christmas goodies to Frannie? If so, where do we send them? Thanks for telling us. Please tell Diana she is an angel - guess it runs in the family.

Love,
P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2005 :  9:56:39 PM  Show Profile
Kay, what a wonderful thing! How sweet to know that we will have a part in keeping Frannie warm. Kudos to you!!! Julia V.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  04:39:17 AM  Show Profile
I can't think of a better friendship quilt than that, what a special way to use your squares, I too can send more if you need them Kay. Blessings!!

Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2005 :  10:16:42 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I won a very nice machine quilted lap-sized quilt today at a gift exchange and I would like to send to you to give to Frannie. I can't think of a better way for the quilt to be used. Please email me with a shipping address. Thanks!
Kelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Charm square exchange Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page