levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9380 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9380 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  5:40:34 PM  Show Profile
I have "What your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" by the same man. Very good book so I'm sure the other is too. There is a lot of changes that go on that I had no idea about when I started menopause. Fortunately for me I had a friend who assured me everything that was going on was normal.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  09:49:48 AM  Show Profile
You should definately consider having your doctor run general blood tests as well as one that measures the amount of estrogen your body is producing. Hypoglycemia can defeninately cause anxiety and depression. I'm hypothyroid, struggle with my blood sugars and I also have fibromyalgia that includes a lot of food and chemical allergies. Keeping a food log is a really good idea. Over time (through process of elimination) I have found founds that will trigger an intense depression or anxiety. Avoid sugar and caffeine as much as possible. Another key is doing things to make sure you body is balanced on the inside such as taking suplements, balancing the yeast in your body and detoxifying. I see a naturopath that helps me with all of this and I'm like a completely different person compared to what I was like several years ago. I think as women, there are a lot of us that can sympathize with what you are going through. Hang in there!!

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
www.LaMargueriteFarm.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl1
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Robin
Douglasville GA
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  10:13:30 AM  Show Profile
Read up on PMDD, alot of your symptoms sound like that as well. It does alot of strange things to your body, and you are at just the right age for it. There is a doctor at UVA, I can't remember her name, but if you google UVA and PMDD her page comes up and there is a very detailed list of symptoms and how they can treat, plus ways that you can change that could help you all together. Meds are pretty much the last resort. But the main thing is keeping a journal of your moods, food, activity, things like that. Good luck.
Robin

#1 prissy farmgirl.
Oh, I want a pink John Deere Tractor.
http://fonvillefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic hormonal imbalance...... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page