Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Rasberry Leaf Next Topic  

TElliott
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Terisa
Lebanon Oregon
USA
14 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  12:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see TElliott's MSN Messenger address  Send TElliott a Yahoo! Message
I was only thumbing through this section (because I'm a bit pressed for time today but I'll be back to glean it soon!) but I didn't see anything about rasberry leaf!

I was very fortunate while living in Vermont, to be able to attend several months of herbal "green woman wisecraft" courses, and one of my favorite things is the rasberry leaf.

Today I need this tea so of course it's on my mind, and I just thought I'd share in case anyone else may be wishing they had something. It's a wonderful tea, made from the leaves of wild rasberries (the darker varieties seem to work the best for me) and you hang them up somewhere dry and dark then store them (at least I do) in a breathable paperbag that you just fold really well. My favorite use for rasberry leave is cramps of course! :) It's also wonderful for if you're late starting and feeling bloated or achey. I believe it's also good for women who are coming close to their time for childbirth, as it helps tone and strengthen and give you a boost for contraction and ease of birthing - but I have not used it for that one and would be cautious if you're not really ready for that kiddo to come!!

Hope that helps anyone else who may need it. I know you can get it at most health-food stores, but in all honesty it's one of the easiest herbs to collect and dry for yourself. Rasberry bushes are wonderful to have, easy to maintain, and not only do you get fruit but tea leaves as well. As a side note, it's a very mild flavored tea, nothing bitter at all.

Terisa~

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  3:57:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and I just liked the color... I hadn't heard all that information about it. Very interesting...have to give it a try when in need. Thanks!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  7:50:17 PM  Show Profile
I used to drink raspberry leaf tea..it is very good for the female system.
And not only that..it just tastes good:0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

ChicChick
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Joy

64 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  06:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing about this...I have been looking for something to help with "that time of the month" and raspberry leaf should be fairly easy for me to find (I'm in Vermont also).

Vist my shop at: http://chicchickbiz.etsy.com and my blog at www.chicchickbiz.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  10:36:30 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE raspberry leaf! I also use it for cramps.

You don't have to wait til the end of your pgcy to use it for labor- you can use it the whole time through, and it will tone your uterus (it won't cause ctx, though some people feel it does, so you might want to avoid it if you're not near your time and starting to feel some), and relieve your labor pain- it won't take it away, but from what I've heard, women who use it have shorter less painful labors.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  08:57:03 AM  Show Profile
Raspberry leaf tea is awesome for during pregnancy, and it does not cause labor to start so can be used all through pregnancy. It is good for morning sickness, and does strengthen and tone the uterus. I drank iced raspberry leaf tea all through my second pregnancy and my labor was much quicker than the first (of course, most first labors are longer). I had my son two hours after arriving at the hospital. It also seems to help lessen the bleeding after childbirth. My midwife recommends it throughout the whole pregnancy.
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  08:02:51 AM  Show Profile
I have heard that you must use raspberry leaves either fresh or completely dry or you can get sick from them - any truth to that? I have tons of wild raspberry plants and tons of wineberries and love to eat them fresh off the vine.
Where did you apprentice? I am a student of Clayton College but would love to study under Susun Weed or Rosemary Gladstar or Gail Faith Edwards.

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  09:34:51 AM  Show Profile
I drank raspberry leaf tea throughout my pregnancies, had a cup when my labour progressed and brought raspberry tea icecubes to the delivery room, labour went smoothly and recovery went well.

Also as a teenager I drank raspberry leaf tea to lessen monthly cramps. It's a good herb for women during all stages of life.

Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  4:17:21 PM  Show Profile
Just saw this post....I love raspberry tea too....I have not really started drinking it till about a couple of years ago. I find that it and yarrow help out with my nasty cramps and eases some of my bleeding each month. Glad to hear that others are having good results with it.

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Rasberry Leaf Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page