Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Yard Help? Next Topic  

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  4:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Ok so we have movedin with myBIL and well his yard is pretty um yuck. What can I plant now, in Washington,that will be okay with at least some thing green in the winter? Anything,Please!! I wasnt going to do anything,cause I dont think he will keep it up when we move out,BUT I cant stand the way it looks, and I want it to look like someone has pride in this house.. Any suggestions?

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  4:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda-

You could buy some evergreen bushes...

Hmm... This give me an idea! How about we do some "Get 'er done" teamwork at your place! We could clean up and dress up the yard! What about Christmas lights and decorations? This is the type of stuff I love love love doing!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  4:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Well CarolSue tried to geterdone, and well I really didn twant to.But the more I look at it the moreI know it has to be done, I just hope it isnt too late.Evergreen bushes,might work,the house is up on ahill though,so It might take some work, ifyou come into town,gimme a call and you can come see, if its possible. Anything low maintenance?sp?Cause like I said I doubtit will be takencare of since K is goneso much.

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  5:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda-

Let me know a good day and Nora and I will zip up! We can have lots of fun :D

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  5:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Anyday really,Well I guess that isnt true, Tuesday and Wednesday are out,I work at the school those days.,whichever is good for you,just let me know.

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  7:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Just let me know! Any day is great for me except Sunday. I could come up on Monday if you want.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  6:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there Amanda, after todays rain and cold temps, it may snow soon and you won't have to worry about the (soon to be white)yard...lol!
Don't forget to check you tires....do you have 4-wheel drive? if not you might want to get (snow) studded tires.
Also, Costco is providing Flu & pneumonia (sp) shots for a limited fee. As is the Yokes Market in Airway Heights. We got ours today. ouch! but in a good way.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 18 2007 6:55:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  7:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Grace, I have been loading the kids up on vitamins, and got some Airborn and giving them orange juice like crazy, I am praying we dont get sick, DH insurance doesnt start for 5 more months,lol. For now the yard is atleast green,I am so affraid of the snow!! :)

Mommy to 2

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  01:17:52 AM  Show Profile
Amanda,
Breath, and we will get you through it, planting, yep, you just didn't know what you wanted to do yet, no biggie.
Good for you Grace, have to go get my shot, ouch or not it helps!!!!
Grace, soon it will snow and you won't see it!!!!LOL

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  03:34:37 AM  Show Profile
You know everyone I know who has gotten the flu shot still gets the flu every single year. My parents get one every year and every year they get the flu. I'm wondering what is the point?

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  09:22:43 AM  Show Profile
hmmmmm.... well amanda we could put some fake plants out there to make it green for you but no maintance for him. Oh yeah and those nasty flu shots gotta get the kids in and gotta get mine too YUCK!!

and no being scared of the snow, its your pretty friend. Besides i will drive you where ever you need to go to help you out. I dont mind driving in it. Just take it slow and you'll be fine, to many go to fast cause they have all wheel drive and think that they can do anything in the snow. that is what gets you in trouble with the snow.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  5:51:25 PM  Show Profile
Denise,
Because of my (former) line of work, I would get a flu shot every year for the last 17 years. I have only gotten the flu 3-4 times and not as severe as those who do not get the shot. But, everyones system is different. I do know they are really encouraging families w/small children & the very elderly to have the shot.
Costco is providing them for $20 ea.
My hubby who use to balk at getting at the shots finally starting getting the shots 3 years ago, & has not had the flu since. It's worth it to us.
I so encourage drinking oj and adding more zinc to the diet. A better & healthy way of life & diet.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Yard Help? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page