Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Farmgirl Blessings Chapter (Spokane)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirl Blessings Chapter (Spokane) Next Topic
Page: of 2

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  10:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick post to let everyone know that the Farmgirl Blessings Chapter for Spokane and the Spokane Valley (and outlying areas) is up and running. This will be a bit of an "unorthodox" chapter, as we are all farmgirls with busy lives and chaotic schedules. Rather than monthly meetings that are always at a set time, we will be much more laid back and random. We will be a bit of a "fly by the seat of our pants" type of group.

I hope we can use this forum to post for get togethers as the spirit moves us. If one of us gets a wild hare to all meet at Twigs for lunch and hop over to Mels to check out their Christmas decor, this would be the place to voice that. Hmmm . . . I just wrote that as an example, but it sounds kind of fun . . . might need to make that a reality! Anyone game?

Looking forward to hearing from other organizationally challenged, overextended Spokane area farmgirls that would like to still connect from time to time with each other.

With hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  05:08:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning Brenda!! I'm drinking coffee with Miss
Wilma and I AM the happiest woman on earth! We're having homegrown watermelon for breakfast and the food last night was extraordinary
and the music after--amazing. Everyone got out their instruments; their voices were from heaven...here in Knob Lick, Kentucky!!!!!

Sign me up for your virtual chapter, Brenda. I'll be in touch when I get home. I have many, many stories to tell. This trip has been the best yet. I've met sooooo MANY wonderful sisters this time.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  07:38:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Brenda, this is an answer to my wish! My work schedule is so chaotic that I just hesitate to plan on evening meetings, since sometimes I'm still at my desk at 7 PM...and I never have an idea of when that might happen. It's good to know that there are others like me out there and we'll get together when we can. Thanks for keeping this dream alive! FarmGirl Hugs! Judy
P.S. When will your shop be open next?

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:05:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks MaryJane and Judy,
I am looking forward to getting to know each of better through this chapter and having some fun farmgirl times. What a wonderful world of farmgirls we have here!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:07:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,
So way Kool!
My so called retirement has kept me busier more then ever & I am loving it!
I pretty much have my calender full between the Nursery, daughter, hubby etc.. by the time dinner rolls around I am pretty much spent...I keep asking DH if ceral is ok for dinner, & I get the same answer"NO" bummer.
Anyhow, I have been to MELS & LOVE IT! I could be talked into going there again to see all their Christmas goodies again as well as their "Brighton Handbags" (yes- I am addicted to Brighton)...
Silly me, I went over to your "Shop" last Sunday,,,only to get there & remember that you are closed on Sunday! oh Duh!
ok, now I am off to the Nursery, got some last minute painting to do.
tata-4-now
>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 12 2007 09:09:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brenda- I would love to be a part of your chapter too!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
Yes, Alee, we'd love to have you join us. Moscow is a short drive! I know the Washington Quilters Quilt Show is coming up in the next week or so. I think it is the 19th - 21st. Maybe some of us can meet up for that on Saturday the 20th? Then afterwards we can get a late lunch or early dinner or whatever we want to call it. I think it opens at 11 am, but I will confirm and let you all know. For those of you newbies to Spokane (Grace!) this quilt show is one of the biggest in the country. Besides a ton of amazing quilts there are so many neat vendors with great fabrics, patterns, etc. It is farmgirl heaven for a quilter!

My Past Blessings Junk Warehouse will be open for one last "hurrah" of 2007 on Nov. 2 & 3. Grace, post it on your forehead that it is Friday and Saturday, not Sunday! LOL!

I'll get back to you all on Mel's and the Quilt show after I do my homework!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I would love to meet up with you guys at the quilt show. If thats okay, Since you have another Spokane chapter does that mean you wont be meeting up with us when you can? That would be a bummer. I would love to meet all the Farmgirls!!; )

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  10:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Amanda,
We would love to have you join us. And my guess is there will be some activities of both chapters that will overlap. I actually started this one in October, but it was just slow getting it up and going. Once we decided on the "less is more" thinking for the group, I realized it is actually quite simple. Just farmgirls having playdates!

Hugs & Blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  10:13:56 AM  Show Profile
I just checked and it opens at 10 a.m on Saturday. Let's all meet at 10 and then it will still be early enough for lunch. Let's meet just inside the glass doors by where they sell the tickets, so that if it is cold, we aren't freezing in the weather. By 10:10 we will go in and so farmgirl-come-latelys will have to find us inside. One of my biggest shortcomings is impatience, so for me to stand still for more than 10 minutes just doesn't work! LOL!

Let me know if this works for anyone. Here is a link for the info. for the quilt show. http://www.geocities.com/wsqspokanechapter/

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  11:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great! Let's all wear something of the same color or an apron or something so we can recognize each other right away! :D

Alee
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  11:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
When I am not using a Farmgirl bag/purse I tie a red checker ribbon onto the strap. Wait til we have our jackets and patches, won't that be a great way to spot each other.

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  2:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Allie, so glad you can come! My aprons are still packed away . . . sigh (though we are making headway on our kitchen!) I like the ribbon idea Beth had. Why don't we all tie a ribbon onto our purse? Not sure yet what color mine will be . . . have to color coordinate my outfit you know! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  2:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay- ribbons on purses and uhm...diaper bags? LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  2:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I think I'll put my ribbon in my hair........

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  3:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh,yes hair could be cute! Maybe I'll think about that. So I guess it is ribbons on purses, diaper bags, hair, belt loops or anything that you can stick a ribbon to! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  4:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmm! I can just see me dodging around the crowd looking at women saying "Excuse me, do you have a ribbon on somewhere?" hehehe

Alee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  5:33:14 PM  Show Profile
OUCH!!!!! OK, Brenda, I stuck the Post-It to my forhead, 'course, hopefully I will remember to look in the mirror to see it!!! hahaha! I am totally BLOND!!!!
Don't forget to stop by Michele's "Flowerbox Quilts" booth. She is a Quilter extrodinair and also a member of MJF.... Let's visit her booth in a show of Farmgirl Sisterhood.
Now for the bummer, I am committed to the Royal Gardens Pumpkin Patch on Saturday from 9-4, oh bummer! I am hoping to make it to the Quilt show either Friday evening or sometime Sunday, may have to drag the hubby with me, but I will bribe him with dinner out.... it's either that or stay home & eat a baked tater w/ chili & cheese, oh wait, that was last nights supper!!!!

Any how, have fun & "tie one on", with a ribbon you silly gooses, what did you think I ment? LOL!>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 12 2007 5:35:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  9:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Grace, Good News!!!! I have an all day workshop on Saturday, so was planning to go on Sunday :-) So maybe we can meet up and cruise the quilts...tell me what time is good for you.
Anyone else want to go on Sunday?
Okay, Grace, I could go Friday evening after work, too, if that works better for you...that way your hubby has you all to his-self on Sunday! Let me know!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!

Edited by - JudyBlueEyes on Oct 12 2007 9:35:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  10:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Between the posts for the Farmgirl Blessings Chapter and the Near and Far/Kooky Cluckers chapter, I'm really sorry I didn't move to Spokane last year as planned (I postponed the move to this summer). Everyone sounds like they're having a wonderful time putting names to faces and getting together for farmgirl fun-I have to admit I'm a bit jealous! Maybe until next summer I can be a long distance member of your chapter- I certainly have the "organizationally challenged, overextended" part down pat!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  10:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Audrina!

Oh it will be so nice to meet you when you do move up here! We will have to have a good old-fashioned farmgirl welcome for you!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  06:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Audrina,
We'd love to have you join us and will be anxious to meet you! Let us know when the move comes and we can come help "farmgirl style."

Grace and Judy, I am sorry Saturday won't work for you. Unfortunately, I can't do Sunday . . . if you remember I have a lunch date I am very excited about!! So I guess we will have to bombard the quilt show on two different days with all of our farmgirl charm!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  08:00:33 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, oh sure, you'd rather go to your "lunch", then shop till ya drop over @ the Quilt show with us, well at least give us your word that you won't buy everything on Saturday, save some stuff for us..

Hey Judy, my DH is thrilled that he won't have to take me to the Q. show,,,I'll email ya later today, oh heck, I'll just call ya tonight, will figure out which date is better for us to get into quilt mischief!.

Audrina,
hurry on up here, my DH & I moved up here in July & we love it. so come on up here & play with us...we have all kinds of mischief to get into. I kid you not, it seems like every weekend there is some type of fest going on,,,, & you will love the "Pig Out In The Park" a real junk food junkies delight! There are troves of antique shops, quilt shops & several malls to spend ourselves into the poor house!
tata-4-now
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 13 2007 08:02:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  4:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like so much fun for all you gals! It would be nice to be out northwest with you all!

MaryJane - I could hear the relaxation in your post as you sat with Miss Wilma. From what you told me, I know she is a woman I would love right off the bat.

Glad you got to relax and have good music and good watermelon! Welcome home, and get some sleep! :)

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlwannabe
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

audrina
Antelope Ca
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  7:54:13 PM  Show Profile
Boy, what a response! Thanks for the warm (future) welcome-it's nice to know that we'll already have some friendly faces in Spokane when we move. Until then I'll be following along with all the chapter "exploits" (my mother informs me that she will be on the lookout for MJfarmgirls wearing ribbons at the quilt show next weekend...), and if any of you are up for a visit around the holidays, we'll be visiting Spokane (Dec 21-Jan 3). Let me know!
Audrina
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  8:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Audrina,
Hope we get to run into your mom at the quilt show. Tell her to wear a ribbon, & if we spot her we can give her a big Farmgirl hug for both you & her.
I will be heading over there on Sunday w/Judy.
Oh and let us know for sure when you will be here in Dec., maybe we can meet up with you for lunch or tea or java or a Martini, giggle giggle...
oh & p.s., the Medical Lake/Reardon/Cheney areas are really wonderful areas to live in. Even Airway Heights is booming!
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Farmgirl Blessings Chapter (Spokane) Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page