Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 JANIICE HOLT BOOK, AND THE AMISH COOK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic JANIICE HOLT BOOK, AND THE AMISH COOK Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  10:13:55 AM  Show Profile
Both of these came today, I ordered them used. This is the first in the Janice Holt series. I ordered the next two also, they just aren't here yet. But thats ok, because I'm about 2000 books behind now. The Janice Holt ones are the ones that Frannie likes so much.
I really like being able to order them used, I can get a lot more books and for the most part they are a really good price.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  10:30:59 AM  Show Profile
The cookbook came today too I guess. What do you think you will make first. Invite everybody over and make the best dinner around. YUM!! And the baked stuff is so good and fattening but I think if you make it with good intentions there are no calories. Right??? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  6:30:43 PM  Show Profile
I borrowed The Amish Cook from the library after seeing it at Patricia's house. It is a keeper and I'm going to buy it!

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  6:43:00 PM  Show Profile
oh nancy .. we'll have to have a 'reading club' .. do let me know your feelings as you get into the books! i think you got 'hannah fowler'?? be sure to order THE BELIEVERS too!! and YES!! amazon and e-bay is the way to go .. i visited janice holt giles home this past saturday .. to attend the yearly celebration of her life and books .. and OH GOOD GRIEF!!! her books (older ones) were going from $30. to $180.!!! i don't think i ever paid more than ten bucks for the OLD ones!

let me know when you start reading hannah fowler .. and i'll dig mine out and read along with you!

any other girls interested in doing a JHG book-a-thon? xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic JANIICE HOLT BOOK, AND THE AMISH COOK Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page