Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 UPDATE - VERY SAD - Pray for me please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic UPDATE - VERY SAD - Pray for me please Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  6:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julie, This is such sad news. If you know the boy involved, let him know he has a friend in you.

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  6:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Julie- That poor child! I hope that he knows that there are still adults that he can trust. I feel so sorry for that man's family. I cannot even imagine what they are having to endure.
What a horrific story.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  7:03:24 PM  Show Profile
I feel deeply sorry for all involved. I hope that the young boy has a good psychologist to help him through this and the support of everyone around him. His church seemed to be there to help aid and comfort. This is a terrible thing to go through, and it is becoming a sickeningly all too common news story.

It is just so awful.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  7:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Julie, I am thinking of you honey, hang in there and know WE are ALL here for you.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  7:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
Ohhhh.....sad....praying for you and for the town for all the pain and hurt that is involved with these situtuations. It doesn't just effect one person it effects the entire community. Praying....
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  05:50:40 AM  Show Profile
Obviously, you are close to this situation, Julie. I know how absolutely heartwrenching it is to be involved with a child who has gone throught this. Often, the family of the perpetrator are in total denial and sometimes even the victim's family is in denial. All of which makes it that much harder on the victim.

Prayers for you and all involved in this devastating situation.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  05:59:53 AM  Show Profile
Julie, What a terrible situation...very sorry! I'll be sending good thoughts your way, hang in there.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  06:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Awful, awful. For everyone. I'm so sorry that this child has experienced this.

My thoughts are with everyone involved.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:25:47 PM  Show Profile
I pray for this boy. I hope he can overcome this terrible act of violence that was forced on him. What a shame that at his age he has to feel so betrayed by someone he trusted. Frankly I have no sympathy or prayers for the man who did this.In my opinion he should be locked up and never let out.Sexual predators are never "Cured". If that sounds harsh so be it. It is how I feel.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:38:07 PM  Show Profile
MJ I feel the same. I was married to one at a young age and am of the opinion that they should all be put away for life. They don't "get better" by and large. Julie, what ever part you have in this, I am wishing you strength and comfort to get through it.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:39:19 PM  Show Profile
So sorry for all you are going through both personally and with this other horrid thing that affects your entire community. It is so hard to understand when things like this happen. I know we all have different though processes and belief systems, but this???!!!!! How can a married man with three kids do such a thing?! I just never get these sick cases. Unfortunately, for as sweet of a town as Spokane is, we have had a high rape rate. We are the town that "Son" came out of . . . The Kevin Coe story of the guy who raped over 30 women in Spokane and is believed (though never proven) to have murdered up to 3. This was a best selling book and a movie years ago, but it made me sick to read when I actually new some of the names in the story. Then there was the Yates case a few years ago also in Spokane. He raped and murdered at least 6 prostitutes and even buried some of them in his front yard! He was married and had several children and seemed like the perfect neighbor and family man . . . so sad. Makes you want to hug your children extra tight.

Hugs & blessings . . . and wishes for peace in your life,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:43:27 PM  Show Profile
so terrible.:0(

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  5:40:06 PM  Show Profile
Reading the newspapers really can make us aware of the tragedies and injustices and other terrible sadness-causing things in the world, can't it. I know that it does it to me, and, from reading these posts, I can tell that it can make lots of you feel similar ways, too. This forum is a respite from the craziness in the world - a place where we can turn to to find things that give us pleasure and reassurance that there is goodness in the world, instead of a place to dwell on what is painful.

My thoughts and prayers go out to that child, and to you, Julie, since you obviously are so affected by the situation.

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  11:24:18 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, Are you saying that we should keep things light and not discuss things that are awful in this world? Please let us know, I would like to know so I don't ever say anything to upset anybody. But,if that is what you mean, I am a bit surprised, and disappointed. I thought this is where women come to share their thoughts and feelings. Not to be censored.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  12:18:06 PM  Show Profile
I've been thinking about this all night, and I'm not saying at all that it's not a place to discuss things that are awful going on in the world, and it's not a case of censoring ourselves in ways that we feel overly stifled. I am simply stating that MaryJane's intention in giving us this forum is to provide a place for each us to lift each other up -- to share ideas that will help us to be a force of and for good in the world, and sometimes dwelling on pain doesn't open the space for positivity to reign. Don't worry - I know we can never please EVERYONE!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Edited by - Libbie on Oct 22 2007 3:33:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  2:58:36 PM  Show Profile
I did not intend to dwell on pain or cause people to think about things that they did not want to think about. I have lived a pretty open life and don't consider myself to be sheltered. I have heard about stories like this but NEVER imagined this would come so close to home. This has been an extreamly difficult and emotional time for me. This forum was my respit where I could go and find peace with this and get the support from a community who wouldn't ask questions and wouldn't judge but would only support. I am certainly NOT getting that from my REAL community. Personally I think it is great to have a POSITIVE place and I definatly think that is what MJF is but we can not shelter ourselves from the real world. Many people on this forum have dealt with issues such as cancer, divorce, death in the family, etc. and have been welcome to post and discuss what is going on with them. Rape and molestation are "taboo" topics and I know that they are not pleasant ones to think about but this issue is at the FOREFRONT of my life right now. I didn't ask to go through this, that little boy didn't ask to go through this but it has happened. We cant sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen just because it makes us a little uneasy. We can not be a force of and for good if we do not know what we are up against!

That being said I will remove the links I posted associated with this and well cease from discussing it on this forum any further. I apologize for causeing anyone any problems.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  3:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I know these subjects have been talked about on this form from a few differnt people as I was one of those kids that had issues like this and I know there are others on the forum from past discussions I also know there on people on this forum that have children with these issues before adopting them. I never felt bad about discussing it hear nor did the other women we where helping a person through a hard time stating we had been there and under stood. I never saw what willow tree posted when this was originally posted she didn't state what was happening just a real bad day at school and that legal issues where involved. So I don't know what caused the deletion of topics. i just hope and pray for you and the child in question to have peaceful as close to normal lives again.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  7:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I agree with you 100%. This was something that was was happening in your life and you needed to talk about. Honey, I believe this is what this site is for. Good and Bad things happen in all our lives. We need to be able to express both and not feel judged. Over and over I see support for farmgirls that are going through sad and bad times in their lives. It is repeated, we are here for you. Farmgirls aren't fair weather friends or women who want to bury their head in the sand and pretend all the world is a perfect happy place. You can pretend all you want, but the world is what it is, full of joy and wonder and full of hurt and pain. I don't feel you should delete anything. I for one am here to listen and be here for you and all the other wonderful women on this site.

Mary Jane

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  12:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Wow.

Libbie, is this a policy now? Could you please explain further so we don't have to delete posts after they've been discussed?

I can see wanting to limit discussion of news items that are unpleasant and not in keeping with the "farm girl" theme...but if people want to talk about things going on in their lives, how do you decide what's off limits? Are some issues ok to talk about and others not ok? Does this mean no more prayer/other spiritual support requests for sick family and friends, no asking for advice about family problems, etc? No admitting to feeling sadness or frustration in general?
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  1:10:43 PM  Show Profile
First off I want to say to Julie how sorry I am for this horrible tragedy. It is always hard to hear of something like this happening to a child. But it's especially hard when you know the child and when it is something that has happened in your own church. I have been praying ever since I read the first post.

Secondly, in my opinion, I think that this topic is going somewhere it shouldn't. It is a very sensitive topic to begin with. It is becoming personal toward other forum members and maybe we just need to step back, take a deep breath, and regroup. Otherwise there are going to be hard feelings and things may be said that will be regretted later.

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  4:59:02 PM  Show Profile
I haven't read this entire thread, but when I read Julie's posts, it wasn't at all offensive to me, it was discreet, but you knew what was going on. I thought this forum was for women to share and discuss their lives, good or bad, like you were sitting with a good friend and talking. I've read all types of troubles about a few members on this site, and I think it's great that everyone seems comfortable enough to vent and open up and get the feedback or help they need! Everyone seems respectful and responds in a nice way, which is what attracts a lot of people to this site. Don't get me wrong, I can understand when someone really gets nasty and insults someone, or uses offensive language, or is threatening in any way, but I didn't see this thread that way at all. It was just someone going through a really tough time and needing help. I'm surprised that you felt that is had to be deleted, and wasn't up to "niceties" standards, but this is, unfortunately, real life, and it can be pretty horrible! All I can say is that I'm surprised. Just MHO. Judy

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  11:01:36 AM  Show Profile
It is beginning to look to me like all the outrage, sadness and rage that we feel when something like this happens is causing us to be super-sensitive with each other. Let's get some perspective back and realize that bad things happen to good people every day. If we dwell on the negatives we stay stuck there and attract more of the same. If we are to truly help, we must replace the fear and anger with love and I think that's what this forum attempts to do. I'm not saying it's easy. I'm saying it's necessary.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  11:35:26 AM  Show Profile
Ok.....I don't think we were dwelling on the negative....but were offering support and prayers or thoughts. I didn't see this as a ranting at all, and there are all kinds of negatives and pain in life that people go through and are discussed. Again, I think it's wonderful that we can use the forum for support, whatever you are going through, and it's never a problem (for me)and I'm sure others, that we can vent. We should be able to share our experiences and feel that we are not alone. I know from reading other past posts that I felt comforted in knowing that I can relate to what someone else is going through, and maybe you can give advice or not, but basically you sort of feel like we're all in it together, regardless of where we live or what we do. I don't want to stir up any pots, and I'm not trying to make trouble...just stating my opinion. I won't say anything more about it.

Edited by - junkjunkie on Oct 23 2007 11:46:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  11:49:18 AM  Show Profile
Amen Patricia.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  12:01:05 PM  Show Profile
I am here to support ALL of you in spirit and in prayer regardless of the situation as you all have done for me more than once. The fact that I or anyone of us can come on this forum and ask advice, tell a joke or cry on other's shoulders is what makes this forum a safe haven for us.

Julie, I've been where you are (though not as a teacher) and I've been where that boy is. If you feel the need to talk or just have a shoulder to cry on, you can email me directly.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic UPDATE - VERY SAD - Pray for me please Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page