lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  11:32:49 AM  Show Profile
I know that all of you gals are completely too health-conscious to even consider eating Oreo's, but...
The other day I went to Big Lot's for the first time b/c my cousin told me she got organic baby food there for a quarter, so I had to check into it...
Anyway, while there I came across the cookie aisle and saw several types of oreos that I had never encountered before, such as dulce de leche and some golden/chocolate combos. So I wanted to know if anyone knew if these are more of a regional thing that maybe didn't work out, or does everywhere but Indiana have so many more options in cookies?
I also need to add that today I saw the Halloween oreos in the store and had to smile b/c they are my favorite. What are yours?

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  12:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Ok, Toni. It's all your fault. I want Oreos NOW! And a glass of milk to dunk them in. No, wait. What I really, really want is a mint oreo Blizzard from Dairy Queen! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  12:25:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Toni--
I've always found weird and wonderful things at Odd Lots and Big Lots, foodwise. I think it's test market stuff--you know, like how Pop Tarts used to make this really great chocolate and graham poptart, and I ate the heck out of them (but apparently noone else did in our area), and they removed them. They sell them in Rockford, so folks there apparently have more taste

Oftentimes, too, I find items there that are for South American markets, like Mexico and Honduras. Products that we use here, but have totally different labels. Cool.

Unless I die from food weirdness, I'll eat whatever I find there.

I don't really like Oreo's, because I got sick on them as a kid and I've never been able to go back, but you girls GO!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  3:07:32 PM  Show Profile
I have found the Dulce de Leche oreos in discount stores, too, and LOVE them! I don't get them too often, as they are really not on my diet, but they ARE good! And I do think it's a test market thing...

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  3:15:13 PM  Show Profile
We have mint flavor, strawberry and coffee falvor in our stores.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  3:30:01 PM  Show Profile
We have the mint ones too, and I've also seen Peanut Butter ones in Canada, but I've never bought them.

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  06:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
We have all the oreo flavors here too. I can't eat chocolate, so I like the vanilla ones. I haven't had them in a whilesince I amtrying to lose weight, but they are soooo good! Oh, and I have a Big Lots near me too. I love that place!!!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  08:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Odd Lots? Never heard of Odd Lots, I thought Big Lots was odd enough. Small town America must not appreciate the full Oreo spectrum. I know that I would appreciate the chance at some coffee Oreos and my husband would love the peanut butter ones.

I just read through some of the posts in the "Monday Morning Weigh-In" in the Health topic and feel bad about my cookie obsession and resolve to do better. Sorry for bringing up such sinful goodness, Ladies!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic O-R-E-O's Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page