Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter.... Next Topic
Page: of 19

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  12:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Mommatracy......I need your e-mail address....the one on the farm does not work.

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  4:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Bev
I have no clue where to find the last newsletter for info on the journal page. Give me directions-
Tks Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  5:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I emailed it to you on Thursday....I can resend if you need it.

If anyone else has not received Thursday's or Sunday's newsletter, please let me know so I can resend it to you

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  7:40:26 PM  Show Profile
OK I am officially embarassed!
Of course you emailed me- I just didnt realize that was our first newslatter. Sorry
See why I'm a good follower?
Blessings
Autumn

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  09:23:29 AM  Show Profile
Don't feel bad Autumn. I did the exact same thing. I had to think on it and realized what dear Bev was talking about. I'm a good follower too.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting
http://auntjoscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  10:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Sorry gals!

Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  11:58:58 AM  Show Profile
No problem Bev. I just wasn't paying attention...as usual.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting
http://auntjoscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  12:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
So, now we have a name.....Bees without Borders. We also need to vote for a chapter leader, a logo, and whether or not we want to have a chapter charity and what that charity will be.

I have organized up to this point and have enjoyed pulling you all together...but am hoping that others will volunteer to be chapter leader. I am most content to just contribute to the group in a non-leadership role.

This is your chapter ladies....so let's hear your voices.....what do you want your chapter to be?????

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  12:59:27 PM  Show Profile
Seems like, unfortunately, we all have some connection to cancer...maybe that could be our charitable organization, but perhaps we could also change it up every year....we could even keep within the network of cancer charities, because I'm sure there are many deserving ones out there.

Since there are so many members of this chapter, what about everyone picking a regional or local favorite charity (that has to do with cancer, or whatever), put them in a hat, and we choose that way. There would be varying charities, that way. Some maybe for children, some for men, even, who knows? Probably stupid, but just an idea.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  6:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am fine with the spool of pink thread and a bee with a needle for a logo. And I like the idea of doing charity work for cancer research.

This is coming together really nicely.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  6:16:18 PM  Show Profile
Bev, You are doing an excellent job!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  6:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Jonni: There is no such thing as a stupid idea!! I love your idea! I was also thinking that many of our farmgirls have sons, daughters and husbands in the military. Maybe sometime we could do something for them (like letter writing, sending items they need, etc.) Between that and many cancer charities, we could cover a lot of bases and help the causes important to us as farmgirls and Americans/Canadians.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  8:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I like the pink thread and bee that Bev drew...the basic idea shows our interest in sewing...I guess an apron would be too corny?
???

read...post....sew....read...post....sew...all the day long..la la la la

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  06:19:46 AM  Show Profile
So how do we go about getting a chapter leader and record keeper? Nominations or simple votes like we did on the name?
I want to be helpful to whoever is getting things under way - since I am a much better follower than leader.
You are all full of such good ideas- it is inspiring!!!

Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  06:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I suggest that anyone who wants to nominate someone for chapter leader (with approval from that person) should go ahead and do so here....we will keep track and take another vote.....how about in another week or so???? Also, you can suggest a charity if you are interested in that and I will post both on the first page of this thread. Also....suggestions for logo (for our chapter patch) can be posted there too.....Let me know!

Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  07:27:38 AM  Show Profile
I haven't had time to read thru all the info, but I'm so glad we're all here! I checked out the fabric, and I like the pink, but I love the yellow! So I may do a yellow apron with a pink pocket--it'll be a few weeks before I'm ready to order the fabric, so I may change my mind, but that's what I'm thinking of now. See ya all around the neighborhood!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  12:09:42 PM  Show Profile
This is going to be a bit rambling, but here goes>
Due to the fact that I periodically end up in the hospital for a few days, I don't think I'd make a good chapter leader, But if there is a list of positions I could look through for our chapter... I am not too good at running the whole show, but I am good at keeping lists and updating them or facilitating in some ways. Let me know, and I'll honestly tell you if I could do it or not

Besides the Cancer charities, there are troop support and war victim support groups that we could add to our chapter either as a whole or as individual regional things.
I have a fondness for helping others to help themselves, Heifer International is one of my favorite charities to give to http://www.heifer.org/ you can choose how much you are able to help or go in as a group and help a whole community

Since the emphasis of our chapter is sewing, instead of a fund raising cook book, we might want to do a fund raising farm girl sewing and crafts project book. We could do one yearly or something if it were a sucess. Just poppin' out ideas here. I am always full of wild idea

I'm clueless about a logo though

Annika
http://people.tribe.net/58d06a60-1cdd-4357-b4e3-bc523ed51ff5
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  2:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Annika,...great suggestions I will add them to the list. I love the Heifer project.....ties in so nicely with farmgirls for sure!

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  2:41:35 PM  Show Profile
I will gladly volunteer to help out where ever needed. I think once the new Chapter stuff that MaryJane mentioned gets up and running things will move much smoother.

I am for the Cancer research and I am also a big supporter of Heifer. They are based here in Arkansas. They just built a new headquarters in Little Rock. The building and grounds are all "green" and are beautiful. I hope to visit soon. We also have heifer project which is a "camp" that simulates what happens in many of these countries. It is VERY intersting.

Beverly - I did not get the newsletters you mentioned.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  4:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I got the newsletters and am going to read them tonight. I would be glad to help out where ever it is needed. Love the name and the patch you designed Bev!

Blessings....
Sarah

www.mustangsuzie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  8:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey there to all the "Bees" I think it'll be a really neat place that Mary Jane is pulling together where the Chapter's can live.

Wow! We have alot of members, don't we? I just know that everything will fall into place with time. I love reading about everyone's ideas and how they want to help the chapter thrive.

These things take time and after the whirlwind of it coming together now everyone has the chance to think of the areas where they can help and just what the chapter represents for each of us personally. It will be fun to watch it "take flight".

Bev, you've done and are doing a wonderful job of keeping us informed of what's now and what's next and encouraging everyone to jump out there with suggestions for organizing, charities, etc...

I'm in and out right now with catching up "on the homefront".

Talk to ya soon, Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey girls.....I have only gotten one nomination for chapter leader.....me (no I did not nominate myself).... Is there anyone else who would love this job???? Ok, well, think about it. Now on to other fun things.....Hopefully you are thinking about your journal page......Remember, use an 8/12 by 11 in piece of paper and make it your very own page....tell us what you would like us to know about YOU. This will be your chance to introduce yourself to your chapter and other farmgirls....you can use pictures, clip art, anything to embellish your page....plain or fancy does not matter....just make it about YOU!!! You should have gotten my address for mailing purposes.....I cannot wait to put them all together into a wonderful journey through our amazing bee sister's lives!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  2:28:40 PM  Show Profile
Bev, what does a chapter leader do ? I have never done anything like this and I'm even sketchy on what my job as a member entails? But I can't in good conscious leave you to be little red hen all by your lonesome. Is there anything I can do to help?

Maybe if the girls knew more about what the job description was, you'd get more people jumping in...just a thought. I think we are all excited about this project, and being the first, we are all a bit unsure how it is all going to work, and perhaps a bit daunted by not knowing what is needed.

Just my ramblings

Annika
http://people.tribe.net/58d06a60-1cdd-4357-b4e3-bc523ed51ff5
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  2:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Golly Annika....this is uncharted water so I really wish I knew. I guess my vision of a chapter leader is to act as the cohesive glue that keeps a chapter going.....in charge of enthusiasm and information and organization.....I guess we will write the job description as we go.

I don't feel like a lonesome little red hen at this point because you all have been so amazingly supportive and enthusiastic! So if this is how it will be, I don't mind doing the job.....but if any of you have a vision of how you might like to do it......I would gladly pass the job to you....truly. I am a very easy person to get along with....So, if you would like to do this, speak up.....and if not, well then ok.....ahead we forge this trail together!!

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  3:40:45 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if I would want to be a chapter "leader" because I am just not sure what this means. But I would be more than happy to do anything web/internet related. I'd be happy to set up a blog or a website or something. I enjoy doing computer stuff. I know the farm has some plans for the website here that will deal with chapters but in the mean time I could start us an outside blog if everyone would like. As mentioned before I don't mind helping out where I am needed.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter.... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page