Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter.... Next Topic
Page: of 19

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  7:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's a great idea Sheryl-lyn!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  10:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Tina Michelle,

Oh, I'm so glad you are joining..I've come to know your daughter Naomi over the past few months and she is a very nice young lady and has such chic styles! I love to see what she comes out with next And yes, she's need to step aside and releash the machine to MOM..LOL Look forward to knowing you better

Have a great weekend!

queenofdreamsz & Miss Morgan

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  02:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, Alee....I like the tree idea. Great project for our chapter for the holidays... and to then donate the tree to a nursing home, etc......even better. You girls are wonderfully thoughtful.....I think we are going to have a very active chapter....with each of us doing a very small part....but then the sum of all those small parts will be huge and we can reach out all over the place in so many ways.......Thank you!!!

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  04:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Bev! It think it would be tons of fun to do something spectacular for the contest! I am sure we can think of something!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

feedsack4ever
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

linda
opdyke illinois
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  09:15:04 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bee Haven Maven

Hello all. I have started this thread for our chapter discussions. Below are our members:

Naomi Michelle (Naomi Michelle)
Tina Michelle (Tina Michelle)
Carol Sue (Carol Sue)
Georgann (Aunt George)
Denise (Levisgrammy)
Linda (Yarnmamma)
Nash (Nashbabe)
Stephanie (Queenofdreams4U)
Katie(Katie-Ell)...
(Leezard)....
Sheryl-lyn (Sewgirlie)
Sarah (Mustang Suzie)
Debi (Mima)
Bev (Bee Haven Maven)
Jo (Aunt Jo)
Autumn (Deep South Mamma)
Sharon (Countrynmore)
Wendy (Sunshine)
Grace (Katmom)
Alee (Alee)
Julia (BlueApple)
Cheryl (Cheryl)
(Sarah J)
Kathy (ktknits)
Heather (PlumCreekMamma)
Cheryl (cw246)
Jessie(CRshelpmeet)
Kay (TheRusticCottage)
Vicki (Pearlsnjeans)
Jonni (KYgurlsrbest) I need your and address.
Annika (Annika)
Merle (mkmomus) I need your name and address.

There are lots of ideas for names.....we will be voting on a name by next Saturday (Sept. 29,2007) It seems that several of us like the idea of the second half of our name being "without borders"

Bee Stitching
Bees without Borders
Sewing Bees...Without Borders
Treadle Bees...Without Borders
Queen Bees....I think we decided not to steal MaryJane's forum name, tho....
Heart of the Bee
Busy Bees
Haven Nation
Apronettes
Bee Without Borders
Bee Clan
Simply Bee
Clan of the Treadle
iBees
iBees.....Sew the Planet
iBees......Stitch Global
Apron Apiary
Apron Bees
Bees Apron Hive
Apronbeelicious
Bee Sisters Apron Apiary
Aproniary
"Bee"-yond Borders
Treadle Hive Haven
Bee Sisters Without Borders

www.feedsack4ever.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

feedsack4ever
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

linda
opdyke illinois
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  09:18:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi, my name is Linda. This sounds like fun. Is it too late to join in. I am just a learn as I go sewer. So I'm not sure if I will fit in. But I would love to give it a try. Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  10:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Hey, everybody, and especially you, Linda! Ya'll could sew seams around me (but please don't, ha), and don't believe Linda! Take a look at her charming Etsy store. Hugs to all, and to all a good night! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  10:47:10 AM  Show Profile
Linda, Your items on etsy are amazing! Yes, you can join. Just email Bev from the first post.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  11:42:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for the warm welcome.
(Now..to wrestle that sewing machine away from Naomi once in a while...ha.)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  1:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Tina -- I'm glad that you're joining! I can totally relate to not having many friends around. I have my dear Patricia but since we're 45 minutes apart, and I work, it's hard to see each other as often as we'd like. Seems like we're all so busy with life in general that we aren't able to nuture those relationships as we'd like to. That is what is so wonderful about this online forum! And it just gets better all the time!

http://therusticcottage.wordpress.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  2:37:06 PM  Show Profile
I think I like Sewing Bees without borders the best. Hope you are all having a happy weekend planned!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  8:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda (feedsack4ever),

Hey there Linda, welcome to the forum The Miniature Heart Quilt at your Etsy shop is just adorable! So much tiny detail..(a woman after my heart)...LOL I'm just still amazed...quarter inch hearts.WOW...

You need to cliok on "BeeHavenMaven" screen name if you haven't already and send Bev an email saying you want to join the Chapter..Look forward to seeing more of your miniature sewing creations!

quote:
Originally posted by feedsack4ever

Hi, my name is Linda. This sounds like fun. Is it too late to join in. I am just a learn as I go sewer. So I'm not sure if I will fit in. But I would love to give it a try. Thanks

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  8:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone emailed their votes to Bev.
Can't wait to see what we shall be called.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  8:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Isn't this fun! I will be happy with whatever we are called. They were all fun and creative suggestions.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2007 :  9:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Just emailed my vote to Bev! Remember, we have til Midnight, Saturday to get those votes cast

How fun! tick, tick, ticking away the minutes til we know what to call oursevles....LOL

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  04:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi girls....just checking in from my son's place. Visiting my newly graduated engineer for the weekend.....long drive, but he is just such a great, sweet kid and I miss him so.....

Well, I have been getting lots of votes....so exciting.....I will post our final name on Sunday. I have been thinking about our logo. Although originally we had thought of a treadle, I am wondering if something simpler would fit a patch better......I think a pink spool of thread (pink for breast cancer research) with a bee in front of that spool.....or perhaps the bee could be hovering off to the upper side of the spool carrying a needle with the pink thread attached to the spool in it's little bee feet????? Just brainstorming here......what do YOU think.....come on ladies....get your thinking caps on!

Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  06:44:15 AM  Show Profile
I entered my vote. This is going to be so much fun.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting
http://auntjoscorner.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile
Bev,

Love the idea of the spool of pink thread, bee combination....dual purpose...

Since the fabric of choice for our Chapter Apron is fabric that was designed in an effort to contribute to breast cancer research...seems like the obvious may be staring at us...don't know..just my thoughts this morning

We could possibly consider our Chapter Charity efforts to be focused towards the needs of women who are in every phase of this disease.

We could come up with a "comfort cap" pattern of our own to be made from the softest of fabrics and they can be embellished with everything from Yo-Yo's to Fabric Flowers to add a Chic style to them and make really large sized scarves..the kind you can wrap around your head a few times and tie...they can also be embellished with "pretty do-dahs"

The scarves edges can be finished in so many different ways that will make it a simple project for every sewing level..Cut it on the bias and you won't have to finish the edges at..it will wash like a dream..

There are lots of other things that can be sewn up too that would bring a smile to thier faces...But with Winter season upon us the Caps and Scarves are especially needed.

I saw a commercial towards the research lastnight and the girl was smiling a saying "Bald is beautiful"..she was just beautiful..so at least (in my mind) ladies have moved forward through the disease to truly realize their beauty.

We could also make "Farmgirl ArtBras" and auction them off and contribute the cash to research...this really gets me going! So many things we can do to support the mind, body and spirit of women dealing with breast cancer.

We can be the chapter that starts the "Farmgirls for Cancer Research" efforts! Of course, I may be speaking out of turn here..don't know if another chapter already uses this emphasis or not..yay! Anyway..just thoughts!

My thought is that since our Chapter isn't 100's of members that having a "main" charity emphasis for the Chapter will provide us a way to make larger contributions..otherwise, with many different charity efforts going on it will all get spread very thin..

I believe donations could be handled several ways...most of us not far from a Cancer center..I know in the larger and smaller areas there are Support groups that meet regularly..this is a great place to make the donations also...so many ways to handle it and be effective. I do however believe that the person making them and taking them personally creates a dual blessing!

We can have an enclosure card with our Chapter Name plus maryjanesfarm.org...We can keep the farm informed whenever we make donations....when, where, how many, what it was, etc....so they can keep a main log at the farm or everyone can email me whenever they make a donation and I'll keep the log and then forward to the farm..whichever way that works..

okie doke, that's the beginning of way more than a brainstorm...I think it's gone to an F2 tornado in my mind at this point....I've been sewing and donating towards Preemie Baby needs for over 10 years so I've kind of got this type of thing down pat so to speak..

So I'd love to be the Chapter record keeper for this effort if it does come to be.. oh, and excuse any "typos"...my thoughts getting going faster than I can type!

Can't wait to see "what we will call ourselves"

quote:

Hi girls....just checking in from my son's place. Visiting my newly graduated engineer for the weekend.....long drive, but he is just such a great, sweet kid and I miss him so.....

Well, I have been getting lots of votes....so exciting.....I will post our final name on Sunday. I have been thinking about our logo. Although originally we had thought of a treadle, I am wondering if something simpler would fit a patch better......I think a pink spool of thread (pink for breast cancer research) with a bee in front of that spool.....or perhaps the bee could be hovering off to the upper side of the spool carrying a needle with the pink thread attached to the spool in it's little bee feet????? Just brainstorming here......what do YOU think.....come on ladies....get your thinking caps on!

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Sep 29 2007 10:15:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  11:25:00 AM  Show Profile
quote:
......I think a pink spool of thread (pink for breast cancer research) with a bee in front of that spool.....or perhaps the bee could be hovering off to the upper side of the spool carrying a needle with the pink thread attached to the spool in it's little bee feet????? Just brainstorming here......what do YOU think.....come on ladies....get your thinking caps on!

I love the second image image. I'm popping off to the craft store to pick up some embroidery floss to start seeing what I might be able to come up with.
And Steph, You've really got me going too! there is a lot of cancer in my family and it is something always in my mind. I picked up some dish towels the other day and found some made of bamboo fibre which is softer than an angels breath, mayhaps I will try to look some yarn up and crochet some pretty caps from it.

Have a happy day Bee sisters =)
Annika

Edited by - Annika on Sep 29 2007 11:33:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  11:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Bev-I also love the idea of a pink spool of thread and a bee. I think it is very fitting, and not too complicated.

Stephanie-I love your ideas about donations for breast cancer patients, especially the comfort cap. As my grandma is a 2 time breast cancer survivor, this is something very close to my heart, so I'm definitely in!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  2:36:37 PM  Show Profile
Bev, I really like the idea of a spool of pink thread with a bee and
Stephanie, Your idea for a Chapter Charity is a good one.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  3:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Just checking in....yu gals have some of the best ideas!!! Stephanie.....I like your thoughts......Woo hooo we are on a roll.....and a great one, too! I love this farmgirl spirit!

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  4:08:42 PM  Show Profile
Annika,
I crochet too! There are lots of free crochet patterns at the Lion Brand yarn website plus lots of websites list patterns for charity use. I know there are alot of crochet and knitting hats and caps patterns out there. I've got several of them in my stash.

Hey Heather, sadly it seems that so many families are stricken with some form of cancer. I have an Aunt that had breast cancer back in the 1960's and recovered and has been free ever since. The good news is that the early detection really is saving lives.

Bev, hope you are resting...still wishing for some fresh tomato juice.

Thanks, Cheryl

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  5:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
pink thread idea is good for me as for a name for the group I will go with what ever is most popular. The name isn't important to me the ladies are. Take care sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  5:56:26 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie- cancer seems to have stricken my family a lot. I don't have a big family, but my grandma had breast cancer twice, my cousin has brain cancer (had a tumor removed and was in remission, but another one grew), my aunt died at 59 from cancer in her lymph nodes, stomach, and other internal organs. Not to mention my dog that just passed away from cancer. Sewing things for cancer patients would definitely be a nice way to make it hopefully easier for those going through it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter.... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page