Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Good News!!!! Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Just have to share my accomplishment with y'all.

Last November I had my cholesterol checked and it was "dangerously high". I let the Dr. talk me into trying the drug Lipitor. Well, I only used that for one week because I got leg cramps and back pain. After doing some research I found that this is typical. So, I ditched the drugs, went with some vitamin supplements, switched to mainly a vegetarin meal plan, kept exercising. What I've done differently is since May I've taken two herbal supplements that are supposed to clean things out, help your body process cholestrol, relieve your liver of stress , and return you to good health. I have dropped 9 lbs in the process.

Here's my good news!!! My levels are almost normal right now!!! I have dropped 53 points!!! I figure one more round of the herbals and continuing on with my own "health plan", and I'll be where I want to be... including dropping some more pounds, which should help that pesky BP reading too. 130/92.... that 92 is high for me. Should be 80, but I figure with some more intense exercise and more weight loss and that will come down too.

My new doctor was very pleased with my "can do" results.... and I am elated!!!!!! Whew!!!!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Clare -- good for you!! I too have high cholesterol and have to go back for my check. She said that if it is still high then she wants to put me on Lipitor. I really don't want to do that! So please share which herbals you used.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Clare!!!! I know what a lot of dedication that takes.

I don't know if pecans are part of your plan but my father and a number of his friends have lowered their levels by makeing only one change: they eat 1 ounce (roughly 18 halves) of pecans per day. They only needed to lower theirs about 30 points but hey, anything that helps!

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  12:29:30 PM  Show Profile
Eating well really can help..........increasing your Omega 3's and good fats such as Avacado's, Butter, etc can help as well!

Good job.

¸...¸ __/ /\____ ____
,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
```)¨(´´´ | | | | | | | || |l±±±± |
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  1:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Kay,
The products I used were called Transportox:
http://www.infinity2.info/product/pdf/2901.pdf

and Orthocol:
http://www.infinity2.info/product/pdf/2903.pdf

These are both propriotory blends of different herbs. Transportox aides in releasing toxins from the body and Orthocol aides in balancing the liver.

As far as availability of the products, there's a toll free number listed on these info sheets, and I know they are "distributed" by (alternative) health providers. Maybe check the toll free number to see if they can refer you to someone local. They are not cheap, but compared to the cost of drugs and the various side affects they represent, it is a very good investment, in my opinion.

As I mentioned, I consider my results to be fantastic!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  2:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Clare - after a recent visit to my doctor, I found that my cholestoral was 246. 161 was the bad kind. How high do you consider dangerously high? He seemed unconcerned but that seems a little high to me. I also do not want to take any drugs.

By the way, I am proud of you for the discipline it is taking to change your diet and find the regimen that works for you!!!

jpbluesky
Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 01 2005 2:55:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  3:06:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jeannie! My high mark was overall at 292... don't have the breakdown here with me now. About 6 years ago it was tested at 250.

Today my total was 239 and in the "normal" column is listed 100-200. (This rate keeps going down as drug companies want to pump sales of their products, as so many drs are on the boards at the drug commission - my opinion and fact too.) HDL was 44 (normal >40), LDL 153 (normal >130), and Triglyceride at 144 (normal >150).

You just might want to try some meal plan modification and more exercise and see what that does for you Jeannie.

You're right, it's a very personal thing and I'm by no means saying to rush out and do one thing or the other, but listen to your body, do the research, and find what's best and what works for you...you meaning anyone/everyone. There, that's my disclaimer!

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  5:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Clare - I have begun to eat lots of raw foods - salads and fruit, but I still keep my yogurt and breads and I am too tempted by chips. But overall, I eat sensibly and a lot of it is organic. I weigh 118. The doctor said my triglycerides were normal and my good cholesteral was high, too, so he was not concerned. He said to get more exercise, which is where I do not meet the norm. I garden, and run up and down my stairs all day, and run after my granddaughter, but I do not go out and walk briskly to get cardiovascular exercise. That would help, I am sure. What kind of exercise do you plan to do?

Also, congrats on the nine pounds. Doesn't it feel good? Two years ago, I lost twenty-five and I felt so much more limber and at ease.

By the way, I have heard that weight loss can also elevate (temporarily) your cholestoral, as your body burns the fat and releases it into your system.

Thanks for your info!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

atwell
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

susan
Laporte IN
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  5:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Send atwell a Yahoo! Message
Way to go Clare!!!Very impressive!! keep up the great work!!
susan

FatQuarterQuiltFarm
Long Arm Machine
Quilting ~and~
Fabric Flea Market
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  6:31:14 PM  Show Profile
Kudos Clare!!!! You have inspired me! I am checking out the sites you posted. Have high cholestral too. So glad you are making progress to your health goals without the use of pharmecuticals! That is very encouraging...

The flowers flee from Autumn, but not you-
You are the fearless rose that grows amidst the freezing wind. Rumi
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  7:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Clare-- Way to go! No small feat! DH takes lovastatin as a preventative(due to family history) when his started to creep up. I try to feed us all a heart healthy menu but I know when he is eating outside my "scope" he doesn't follow the guidelines. Luckily, he has experienced none of the side effects and his numbers are really great these days. Glad to hear you have achieved your objective, stay well.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  3:26:16 PM  Show Profile
You go Girl!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy you went natural and it worked. No wierdo side effects.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Well Done You!!!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive. James Stewart in the movie HARVEY
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  08:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Clare that is great. Good for you. I have high levels and took myself off my meds also. I will look into what you posted. Im interested in the one that balances the liver for my husband. My levels were over 300, it runs in my family. I eat well but it gets very high. Thanks Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  3:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Great news Clare!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  4:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
You, Clare, are an amazing woman!
Thank you for the sites on the herbs you are taking- I will check it out.
Also, thanks for the tips on the exercise and diet.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  03:03:21 AM  Show Profile
Excellent Clare! You're an inspiration to those of us who have high cholesterol and need to take better care of ourselves! Congratulations for sticking with it and achieving such awesome results! Ü

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Good News!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page