Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  09:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Gals, it is toooooooo quiet here.

www.countrynmore.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com

www.countrynmore.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  09:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lanna- just had to pop in and mention that you might want to talk to the USDA Rural Development people. They might be able to help you buy a house where you husband is getting his job so that you wouldn't have to try to squeeze into a little apartment. They are there to help people who can't qualify for a bank loan on their own (too low of income or bad credit etc). You fill out an application and talk to them and they tell you if you are qualified or not and if say your credit isn't the greatest they tell you how to fix it to qualify for the program. Then they inspect the house and everything to make sure it is sound, and you can get up to 5 acres. You can even get houses in towns if the the towns aren't too big and you can get them right on the edge of towns that are bigger. Hope that helps!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  3:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, It's been non-stop around here! I am still trying to sort through stuff and list stuff online and on craigslist. On top of that I am trying to get yarn done for an art show I am doing next month plus there is home schooling, laundry, cleaning etc. etc.!!!! I listed some new pics of yarn on the marketplace and I would love it if you all would please let me know what you think! I can't seem to get anyone to leave a comment! I have a new one that is red, white and green for Christmas and I would really love some feedback!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  5:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Monica, your yarn is gorgeous.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  6:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, Thank you! It seems hard sometimes or rather most of the times to get any comments on stuff on the Marketplace!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  7:32:28 PM  Show Profile
I can understand that. I think that it is with anything else as well.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  11:42:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the thought Alee, but I've got one word for ya.
Portland. I grew up around WSU/UI in the era where apartments and such weren't exactly expensive, nor was the apartment in Spokane that we had for a short while.
Our credit is fabulous, and we live within our means.
It's just that without a ginormous bump in pay, attempting to afford a house twice the price of our current one just to end up in something comparable but with only .12 acre of a house lot freaks me the *bleep* out (our current house is a little over 2000sf on a .28 acre lot). I don't want to end up where I've seen several friends end up being house-poor or with a house that's halved in value since they bought it and so on - we still need to save a ton more for either retirement or the end of the world. I'd rather end up with a slightly smaller house that we can afford, but not 900sf if we can help it if that makes sense.
We'll figure something out, even if it's getting a large storage unit for a while and borrowing a Winnebago from a friend or relative for a while. Good thing I won't be harvesting/canning anything this winter I suppose.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  11:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ah Yes! Portland would mean you would have to live a bit of a ways out to qualify for Rural Development. Darn! Maybe something else will come up just as you need it too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:24:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone,

I'm around....just staying busy working in the house. I've made great progress on the lower level. I can now see my 4 x 8 foot cutting table..only books and magazines on one edge.

And you can always find me at my blog...drop by anytime!

Have a great day,
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  8:06:45 PM  Show Profile
Steph, I am so happy for you! I can't see my cutting table at all right now! I checked out your blog! I love the dress form pictures you put up! I couldn't believe that the one was a cake!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  08:37:34 AM  Show Profile
ok so i didnt fall off the face of the earth but it sure may look like it

we have had a rough time in the last month
my dd was in the hospital for a week and everyone caught the respitory cold she had. we all seem to be over it now. so all is looking up in the health department.

and i really have no clue what i have been up to lately.
oh man lana on having to move its never easy, i dont think i can leave the the east side of the state cause its so much sunnier. i do love the other side of the mountains though. hope all goes well.

and monica your yarn is beautiful as always

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  08:52:10 AM  Show Profile
Glad that you haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We have had the illness in our family. My youngest son had bronchitis, and I had pneumonia. My oldest son and my dh are fairing well.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  11:54:56 AM  Show Profile
Teresa, Glad to hear from you!! Thank you about the yarn! I may actually be getting a drum carder soon so I will be able to get more yarns done! Sorry to hear about the colds going on at your house! Glad to hear everyone is feeling better! What's your mom up to?

Steph, I miss your comment about the wheel! I have spun on it a bit, but I need to tighten up the wheel and it's different than new wheels because you have to get the timing down on the treadle! Hopefully by next month when I do the Art Show I will have it down good!

Ladies, do you all realize that we are only 10 pages away from 1000!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  5:11:35 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, your aprons looked great!!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  12:32:02 PM  Show Profile
Well...if those of us that really like to talk A LOT will get with it...1000 pages will be simple..hehe

I see Carol Sue showed up...one blabber mouth up to bat....ok, I'm running!!! heheehe

Ok, so maybe we should talk about Christmas!!!! Anyone sewing ornaments for their tree??

Guess what I found the other day?? My 32 wintertime themed mini aprons...LOL They were in a box with books of all things....I'll be taking pictures of them and putting on my blog....I'm going to use them on my tree this year..so I have a good start on ornaments.

Ok, what's everyone else going to do??

Hugs,
Steph

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  7:41:38 PM  Show Profile
Steph, It has been absolutely crazy around here! Gary is working on the new house and the kids and I stopped over to see him, and even though we have told the kids 100 times not to step on the boards that Gary is pulling up from the old deck because they have nails in them, sure enough Hannah stepped on a board with a nail! She is okay, just hobbling around a bit! Then to top it off, Gary had brought home a small gas can and Isaiah decided to "help" and pour it in my gas tank. The problem is that it was WATER!!!!! So now Gary is trying to fix my Jeep!

I have to say I kind of wish I hadn't sent my aprons in because they would have been pretty to put on the tree! Don't think we are ever going to get them! My drum carder is coming Monday and I can't wait! I dyed some wool last night and it came out really pretty! I am going to post pics on my blog!

Hope everyone is having a great evening! I am off to dye some wool!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  10:46:00 AM  Show Profile
Monica~How terrible with little Hannah and your jeep. I hope that everything is ok, now.

It has been a while since I have had a chance to come and post. I do miss everyone and am glad to have a few minutes to come and say hello.

Homeschooling is keeping us busy. Dd is a junior this year and there is a lot of college prep we need to do. She took her PSAT's last weekend. She is also learning to drive. Wow~that's scary. It's so hard to think of her out there and driving. It's hard to let go. This economy is terrible and she is having such a hard time finding a job. She is so grown up~Boohoo!! I keep thinking that soon she will be flying the nest.

I have been busy with some crocheting and sewing. I sewed a costume for my son. There are pictures of it on my blog. I also sewed some new curtains for the bathroom. Finished crocheting a blanket for my daughter, too. I have done a couple of other projects, too.

It's getting cold up here. We have been using the wood stove to keep us warm.

Lanna~so sorry to hear about your husband's job and the possible move. I am hoping things can work out better for your family. I hope you are feeling good through your pregnancy. How far along are you now?

Elizabeth~I visited your blog. Nice aprons!!

Teresa~How are you doing? Good to hear from you?

Sharon~Are you all better now? Has your family recovered? What a difficult time.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  2:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, Hannah's foot is still sore and a bit swollen, but she is doing good and Gary got the Jeep running! I will have to go check out your blog!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  3:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh Monica, I am sorry that those things happened to you and your family. I am wiped today, because I have been helping my son type up his paper. He is not supposed to type a lot because of carpel tunnel. The problem is that my son is such a perfectionist, and never gets his papers turned in on time. He is such a perfectionist, and never gets the science papers turned in on time. There is a lot of detail involved, and the professor never gives the students enough time to work on the project, and in the meantime, gives the students other projects. My son has been gone just about every weekend this month and is gone on another mandatory trip for his class this weekend. Last week, he had about 3 projects due all at the same time, so for the one class last weekend, he stayed up all night to finish the project that was due at the end of the trip. He got back late Monday night, and on Tuesday he spent the whole day sleeping. On Wednesday, he was in school until 5 pm, and fell asleep when he got home. It is hard on this students today. I don't think that I could ever do what they have to do.

www.countrynmore.com
www.countrynmore2.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  8:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I hope your son gets some rest!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  10:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Monica, me too. He hasn't had much rest since working on the scientific paper, and neither have I. Well, actually, I went back to sleep this morning after he left for his trip.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  10:20:59 AM  Show Profile
What's everyone up to today?

I just finished making pancakes for breakfast! Now I am off to start laundry! Fun, fun, fun!!!! I went to a yard sale and found a wonderful old water pitcher and bowl! It is going to go in my bathroom at the new place! I am so excited! I also found an old hand crank grain mill! I have been wanting one forever, but the new ones are either cheap junk or really expensive! I also got an espresso machine at the thrift store! It was a fun day shopping yesterday!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  10:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Well, I came home from visiting my mom yesterday to a home with no running water in the house. A long time ago, my dh redid the plumbing so that we could still have water outside if the water was shut off to the house. At least we can fill buckets, etc. Dh is redoing the plumbing to the house, because of the new water heater. Yes, we still don't have hot water. I told others it was like camping. I have to heat water up on the stove for dishes. We took cold showers in the summer, but I didn't mind it all that much because it was so hot. Now, that the weather is changing, I want the water heater installed. Dh is doing other things at the same time, so that when the water heater is installed, it is installed, and then there is no reason to disconnect it. Dh also discovered that the outside wall on the kitchen side was not fastened to the roof, so he is taking care of that. He is discovering things by working on this project.

Sorry to bore you all.

I might do some sewing today. I can't cut out any aprons because there is no water to pre-shrink the fabric. I came up with a unique way to pre-shrink the fabric with hot water, since we have no hot water for laundry, but for now laundry, etc. is piling up.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  8:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Monica,

I had missed the mishap with the children! I'm so glad your jeep is alright....kids, they haven't a clue what they are doing at times.

You hit the jackpot with all those treasures....the grain mill will be so useful and well what I can I say...everyone should have a expresso machine....and I don't!! I know you are getting so exciting about the move...I want to know more about your Art Show that is coming up...email me and tell me more.

Oh, and please email your mailing address again..I have a box of beautiful fall leaves for you! hehe and I need to pay you for the sheet music..check to see what shipping is and let me know. I'll paypal you the money.
----------

Sharon, it seems when one thing happens that it usually reveals something else too....I'm glad your husband found the wall that wasn't fastened to the roof....Hey, been meaning to tell you that I'm glad you started a blog! YAY!

----------

Ruth, I know you are nervous over the driving!! The years just go by too fast don't they? Where would your daughter like to go to college? and what is she thinking about for a degree? Any more news on your husband's job? Thomas is thinking he may have work until April...but who knows...every business decision defies logic these days.

----------

Ok, where's Carol Sue and Teresa...I hope y'all are well!! Good grief it's too early in the season to be getting that sick......y'all need to start talking so we move these pages towards 1000!

----------

Thanks to y'all that commented at my blog for the "It's all about me party"...I'm organizing my yarn..the cool weather has given me the boost to start crocheting again.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  8:26:49 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm back! Since this IS the Apron Sew-a-long...here's a link to a PDF of a free apron pattern...all kinds of possibilities for it.

http://csi.fabric.com/bubbies_apron?cm_re=SL7-_-AP-_-Bubbies%20Apron

I'm still digging out my vintage aprons to hang in the stairwell to my studio...I'm still waiting for a volunteer traveler to come live with me to get this blasted room finished!!! hehe I still have to paint the stairwell then the apron hanging can begin.

I'll get my mini aprons photographed this week for you to see.

So is anyone other than Sharon sewing any aprons??

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page