Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  4:47:52 PM  Show Profile
My family is sick with colds. I caught the cold from my youngest son and dh caught the cold from me. I am sick of getting colds. I had several layers of blankets on me last night and yesterday, but I couldn't manage to warm up.

www.countrynmore.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Oct 06 2009 4:56:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  11:02:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone,

Sharon, oh, how miserable....colds, yuck!!! Y'all get better soon....I want to thank you for leaving a comment at my blog last week when my blood pressure went haywire. You should set up a blog! They really are a lot of fun and so many nice ladies to meet.

----------

Monica,

I just left your blog...that wheel is a piece of art! I know you are thrilled....please let me know when you are moving in to the new house, ok? When is your art show?

----------

Ruth,

You too, thanks a bunch for visiting me at my blog...I hope life is treating you and your family good these days....Let's see...did you attend the craft show you were telling us about? How did it go?? There are so many different guilds and such around here...of course, everything is juried and that's a good thing....but I must admit I just about fainted when I inquired about the prices for a space to sell at them...oh my, how prices have gone up!!! Everyone says they always make money though.

----------

Lanna, that's a pile of apples....I guess you make lots of apple butter?? I love that.

----------

Linda and Carol Sue, What are they sewing these days?

----------

I feel much better on this new blood pressure med so I'm hoping it continues. I need all the energy I can muster...I've actually got my sewing machine set up and plugged in...the serger is next to it...I can see all of my thread..hehe..WOW, only 5 months later! I do believe this has been the hardest move of my life or maybe I'm just older and it seems that way.

Have a great day and do drop by for a visit,
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  12:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I know that I should do a blog, but maybe I can in the future. Everyone is asleep here except me. I is midnight, and the cold medicine that usually puts me out so that I can sleep isn't working.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  12:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Sharon ~ Come on over. We started burning last week, and it's sometimes getting up to 78* in the poor living room (the other day it got up to 83* when the sun came out and attacked the front of the house, despite it being in the 40's outside). That would probably help your cold. ;)

Stephanie ~ My goal is 200 quarts of applesauce, and I have now discovered how addicting homemade dehydrated apples are. I swear, I've eaten at least a pint of them today so far. Guess my poor dehydrators (yes, I have two, I have a problem, at least it's a useful "problem") will be in constant use until I'm sick of seeing apples in the house/garage. My kids love applesauce, too. :D I've still got apple pie filling and plain apple slices still canned up in the pantry from last year, so that's one less thing I have to do this year (same with the always time-consuming relish).

Frost got my garden last night, boo. I wasn't paying attention since we'd been so busy car shopping and all that, in addition to juggling things while only having the one car. We've now officially joined the dreaded minivan club. Ah well, there's plenty of time after the kids are grown for me to go get a groovy car like a 64 Impala Wagon or 69 Landcruiser or something... Anyway, had to dig around out there salvaging what I could of the tomatoes and peppers, and am leaving the root stuff for later and I figure the celery and carrot seeds aren't going anywhere. I forsee a very short fall (like a month, if that) and a long but not so brutal winter up here this year. We'll see how off I am in my prediction this year - last year I was about bang on with my prediction.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  08:55:51 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, I hope your gang is feeling better! Luckily we haven't had any major colds here for a while! You should start a blog!

Steph, I really love the little wheel! Hopefully we will know for sure about the house this week! The art show is the weekend before Thanksgiving! I won't really know if I can do it until it gets closer because Gary never really knows what will be going on at work! Hopefully I will be able to do it!

Lanna, I made some homemade applesauce last week and the kids just gobbled it up! I got an apple peeler/corer from my mom and Isaiah was having a blast peeling apples with it. I have flat out told my hubby that I WILL NOT drive a minivan!!!!

I found a used drum carder for doing wool online yesterday for a price I can almost afford! I am still waiting to hear back from the girl, but I am praying she still has it and that hubby will say yes!

Hope everyone has a great day! Got to go start school!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:52:22 AM  Show Profile
I didn't get any sleep last night-maybe an hour or so this morning. O.K. Stephanie, I started a blog. I have pneumonia, my lungs feel weird, and I still can't sleep. The doctor said that if it gets worse, then it is a trip and possibly a stay at the hospital.

www.countrynmore.com

www.countrynmore.blogspot.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Oct 08 2009 09:27:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  12:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I am praying that you recover quickly! I checked out your blog! Welcome to blogland!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile
Monica, I really need to brighten it up with my own things. I haven't learned how to do it yet.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  1:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, You will get the hang of it! I am still trying to figure things out and I have been on it a while now!

If you all don't mind me venting a bit I am so mad right now I could scream or cry or both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gary's boss is in town today and I thought we could finally find out about the house and we still don't have an answer! I talked to hubby and he said they skirted all around it! As far as I am concerned his boss can shove that house you know where!!!!!!!! I am so absolutely sick and tired of being strung along by people! We have spent almost 5 years where we are at trying to get things done only to have to wait constantly and now here we go again! The lady that was living there was supposed to be moving out by the first of October and now it's the 8th and we still don't have a clue what's going on! I really hope I don't run into Gary's boss when I go to check the mail in town because I really have absolutely nothing to say to him and I do not want to have to pretend to be nice and say hi!
Please pray for us that something works out!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  3:30:33 PM  Show Profile
The good news is that I have a new cough medicine. The bad news is that it can take a couple of days before I feel the effects-like cough suppression and drowsiness. It will be a long 2 days. My oldest son is at urgent care now. My youngest son, with all of this began as a result of a sick co-worker going to work sick, found out that he has bronchitis. My oldest son had an idiot for a doctor(not just the view of my son but the view of the other doctors and staff members). The doctor was rude and obnoxious towards my son. I told my son that he should have requested another doctor, but it too late now. The doctor even laughed at my son and mocked my son. Doctors like this do not belong in this profession.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Oct 08 2009 6:38:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  02:23:12 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by oldfashioned girl
Lanna, I made some homemade applesauce last week and the kids just gobbled it up! I got an apple peeler/corer from my mom and Isaiah was having a blast peeling apples with it. I have flat out told my hubby that I WILL NOT drive a minivan!!!!

Well, with my oldest having just turned 6yo (and boosters required until at least 8-9yo depending on whether you're in our state or the state a few miles away), and four kids here this winter, there you go. Plus I'm a fan of Britax carseats for the kids which aren't exactly small... although I am intrigued by the new Radian's, but still... Good luck legally fitting 6 humans in our old CRV or a Camry or something though. The minivan will get slightly better mileage than a hulk of a Suburban that we wouldn't even be able to fit in our garage, and with gas only going to go up to $6-$7/gallon at some point in the next few years because of inflation, yeah.

Gotten 4 canner loads of pears done today and yesterday, and 4 dehydrator loads of apples. Slowly making a dent. Slowly.

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  9:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Lanna, There are just times when you have to do what you have to do! I have a Jeep Cherokee and it barely seats 5! If I had my choice I would get a Jeep Commander, but that's totally out of my price range! I want to get a dehydrator I actually found directions to make a solar dehydrator which would work well in the desert!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  10:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I wish we could pull off a solar dehydrator. It just doesn't stay warm and dry enough this time of year for it - only when it's still growing season in July. Heck, it's already 33*F outside right now, and we have a nice toasty fire going on.

I'd forgotten how odd it feels at the beginning to have someone kick from inside. That's what's getting me right now.
That and just being exhausted/paralyzed by all I need to get done - canning/preserving-wise and packing/organizing (hubby has an interview next week 9 hours away - better than nothing).

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  9:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Lanna, I think it was set up to work either by electric or solar! I will have to remember where I saved the plans at! It may have been online! I will send them to you so you can check them out!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  11:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of apples, my oldest son picked about 15 pounds of apples from a Fuji apple tree. There are plenty more to pick and it isn't a large tree. It is a lot of apples for us.
Gals, things are getting better. It was rough last night because I would get the chills and sweats. We would lower my temp., but the temp. would rise again, and went up to 102. Today is better-no fever. I have to sleep in a sitting position for the remainder of my recuperation, per doctor's orders. The chair is very uncomfortable for extended lengths of time. Dh gets to sleep in our comfy bed. I am sleeping in a lift chair that used to belong to my mil & fil.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Oct 10 2009 11:16:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  11:53:52 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, I am really praying that you get better quickly!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  12:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Monica, last night was the first night in over a week that I had more sleep. The coughing is still going strong. The concern about the pneumonia is that the combination with this and the cough medicine, that it is unsafe to sleep flat. If I have apnea, which I don't think that I do, taking the cough medicine and sleeping in a flat position could possibly result in death. Very scary. Coughing up flem and sleeping in a flat position could result in something ever far more serious.

I just posted a couple more posts on my blog. One is about our dog Max, who is almost 3 years old now.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Oct 11 2009 12:21:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  10:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Gals, here is something that is good to read.
Top 272 Fast Food Items Highest In Calories:
http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food-calories.php

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  05:58:23 AM  Show Profile
http://www.theaprondiaries.blogspot.com/

Check out my apron blog! I'm gearing up for a craft show later this month and am trying out some of my own patterns for the first time.

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  06:34:08 AM  Show Profile
Dear Elizabeth,
From one apron maker to the other, your aprons are gorgeous.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  8:28:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you very much, Sharon! I have had a lot of fun picking out fabrics, I could spend hours in a fabric shop, and then coming up with some of my own patterns has been a new and rewarding experience!

www.theaprondiaries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  8:32:07 PM  Show Profile
Lanna,

Good luck to your husband on the interview....my husband works 8 hours away right now. It's been a blessing in the long run..it made all of our plans work out...now we just have to figure out getting him home..he will probably be laid off by next Spring if not before.

I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must feel right now..I can't even go there mentally..LOL

----------

Monica,

I'm so excited for you..I'd much rather come visit you and PACK you up to move then unpack and organize what I have left to do..that's awful, isn't it...I think it just confirms I'm much better at helping others than doing the same for myself. Have you spun on that new OLD wheel..it is so cool looking.

----------

Sharon,

I do hope you are feeling better!

----------

Elizabeth,

I visited and left a comment at your blog...very nice!

----------

Well....in addition to my changed blood pressure med I am now on cholesterol meds too....I think I've become a guinea pig for Science. I'd be pushing up daisies without modern medicine...I'm sure of that. So far so good on the cholesterol meds..I'm praying for no bad side effects..I really need to get this under control and months of exercise and diet is not doing a thing..it's definitely hereditary.

Have a great evening,
Steph

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Oct 13 2009 8:40:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  9:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I am doing somewhat better. Still coughing up a storm, but at least there is no more fever.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  01:38:30 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by queenofdreamsz4u

Lanna,

Good luck to your husband on the interview....my husband works 8 hours away right now. It's been a blessing in the long run..it made all of our plans work out...now we just have to figure out getting him home..he will probably be laid off by next Spring if not before.

I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must feel right now..I can't even go there mentally..LOL

Um, yeah. I had a 45 minute sob session the other day about the prospect of only being able to afford a 2bed/1ba apartment/townhome for all 6 of us (homeschooling to boot!) because the housing prices there are practically double what they are here, plus the whole prospect of having to pack everything up, by myself while hopefully not giving birth in the living room alone, because he's a state away. It's just not pretty. Ah well, he's gotta get to the interview first before I *really* start flipping out.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  8:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Lanna,

Subtract the children and pregnancy out of the equation and I can totally relate..hehe

We closed up one home and went to the job that is in Memphis..5 hours from the house we owned at the time...moved 4 times in 5 months...hotel to hotel because of the lack of nice apartments...you really have to watch the area you live in around there...bad news otherwise. Housing was triple the price!

We finally got settled and started working on selling the house...9 months later it was sold...right in the midst of the economy falling apart! Then found our mountain home last November, closed on it in December..I finally got here with a car load of stuff May 1st...then we made 3 more trips in big trucks getting everything else moved in.

So all of this encompasses the past 2 years as of Halloween this year! I think I've had a series of mini breakdowns along the way. But I've made it and survived..LOL

And I'm not moving again since this is our retirement home....I would need to be heavily medicated if another move was on the horizon.

Life's a journey!
Keep us updated...
Steph

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page