Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  8:31:57 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I am glad that my dh discovered the problem He has uncovered other problems while trying to put this hot water heater in. There is always something. We are roughing it with not having any hot water or working water in the house. My son came home from camping this weekend, from a place with no running water to a home with no running water. He really wants to take a shower after being out in the hot sun all weekend. Maybe, my dh will have something done so that we have the running water in the house. After all he likes his showers and needs to go to work tomorrow.

Stephanie, I am glad that I finally started the blog. It has been a long time coming. Everyone kept urging me to start one, and being up all hours of the night, so I needed to do something. I thought that I lost this writing because my computer popped up a windows error message. Whew! I wouldn'r remember what I wrote if I had to do it again.

www.countrynmore.com
www.countrynmore2.etsy.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com

www.countrynmore.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  9:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Yep, running hot and cold water are a good thing to have indoors..hehe..he'll surely have this done SOON!!

You can add an Etsy widget to put in your sidebar so that your aprons you sell will show up and be linked.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9382 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9382 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  08:22:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Stephanie~ thanks for posting the link to that apron pattern!
Wow it is getting close to 1000 pages here. Way to go gals.
hi Carol Sue, glad to see you back.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 26 2009 08:22:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  10:07:43 AM  Show Profile
Yep, I've been sewing aprons too for Christmas presents - I tried a new pattern that came out real cute. I need to keep moving though because I still have quite a few to go...
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  9:51:15 PM  Show Profile
Steph, Somehow I missed the bottom half of the last page and didn't see your post! Things have been quite hectic around here and I don't seem to know whether I am coming or going! Thank you so very much for sending me leaves!!!! :) I will post pics of all of my finds from this weekend! I also got a little round waffle iron for free and I used it tonight and it works great! We had eggs, potato latkes and waffles and it was so yummy especially on a cold windy evening!

Sharon, I hope you have hot water now!

Well I am off to clean up a bit and then go to bed!!

Good Night, Ladies

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  10:03:47 PM  Show Profile
Blogging is fun. I learned how to add a small slide show of the newest products that were added to my website. Now, I am on a roll. I added more things to my blog. Check it out.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Oct 28 2009 7:35:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  9:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, You are now ahead of me in blogland! I haven't a clue how to add a slide show!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  10:44:25 PM  Show Profile
Well, I went to the layout tab, then add gadget,and scrolled down to slide show. Since I have a google account, I went to Picasa Web Albums. Once I logged in, I created an album, uploaded pictures from my computer. Then back on the block, I checked off album, but that is all I can remember.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  10:10:48 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! We have running water. I don't think that the water heater is hooked up yet, but at least I don't have to fill up any more buckets.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  3:36:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear friends!!

It's been another busy week. Each day we have had an appt. On Monday we went on a field trip to John Adams Historical Park. It was wonderful. Last week the kids and I watched the HBO series on John Adams. It was so well done. We really enjoyed it.

Steph~I can't believe she is driving. It sure does make me nervous. She wants to be an RN and work in the OR. She is going to go to school locally unless she gets a scholarship to somewhere else. It's all we can afford. College costs are sky high. My husband just interviewed for another position with the bank. This dept. is not expecting any cuts and he would feel more secure there. Your vintage aprons will look great!!

Monica~Wow~those are great finds!!! I have wanted a grain mill for a while, too, but they are so expensive. Can't wait to see pictures of your goodies. Do you know when you're moving. I have some books~homeschool books for the kids. I was wondering if you were at all interested? If you are let me know. I can take a picture of them and send you the titles.

Sharon~Glad to hear that you have running water now. That is a pain.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  4:23:31 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I would be very interested to know what books you have! As soon as I have a minute to breath I am going to get pics up on my blog! Gotta run!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Gals, the joy of having running water was short and sweet. Turns out that the pressure gauge is defective, so when dh ran the water, he found a leak. This pipe is in a hard place and runs horizontal. This makes it hard to solder the copper pipe. So....it is back to filling up buckets again. When everything is up and running, it will be nice. Our water pipes run underground(not sure why), so the water gets cold quick, and it takes a long time for the water to warm up for the showers. Dh is installing a pump, which will recirculate the water, so that the water will be hot when we need it. He is eventually going to bypass the underground pipe.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  7:56:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm curious about your homeschool books as well.... The ones I've really been drooling over lately are some of the Usborne books since we're pretty darn sure FIL threw out the Usborne books hubby had back in the day. *sigh*

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  1:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Gals, my son found a great book called, "The Backyard Homestead" by Carleen Madigan.

How to grow things on one-tenth to half an acre. More information on my blog. This is a great book.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Oct 30 2009 1:57:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  3:16:19 PM  Show Profile
What some people won't do when stealing an animal. This is from our local newspaper about a man in Florida.

Police: Florida man stole ferret by shoving in pants

Associated Press
Posted: 10/29/2009 09:33:49 AM PDT

JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. — It's one thing for shoplifters to hide plunder in their pants. But a live ferret?

Police say a homeless man in north Florida did just that. And he made it out the door before being challenged.

Thirty-eight-year-old Rodney Bolton is charged with theft over the $129 animal that police say he took from a pet store in Jacksonville Beach.

A 17-year-old witness confronted Bolton in the parking lot and was bitten by the animal after the man allegedly shoved it in the teen's face.

That confrontation makes the ferret a "special weapon" under Florida law. So Bolton also faces battery charges for dangerously wielding the animal.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  8:44:52 PM  Show Profile
Sharon,

LOL... This guy is definitely on the list of stupid thieves....the other thing that blew me away is that they are selling ferrets for $129.00!! Good grief....I think the last time I saw one for sale it was $10.00

Hope you have hot water!!

----------

Ruth,

I hope your husband gets the position in the other department....Your daughter should never lack for a good job with the choice she has made. Plus so many of these health related positions can be obtained in as little as 2 years at a technical college....College is so very expensive.

----------

Monica,

You've really found some good deals lately! I used to have a round waffle maker...used it til it went up in smoke! I've haven't forgotten the leaves or the silk thread..I'll get back to you next week about your yardage.

----------

I have my PiNk Saturday Halloween post up today...stop by to look!! Halloween has gone PINK..hehe

See ya,
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  10:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Yep, that was one dumb move.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2009 :  10:15:14 PM  Show Profile
Gals, we do have running water again. Yesterday, we were without gas while dh was working on the gas line for the new water heater (it is back on). Today, after coming home from the farmer's market, I thought to myself, "at least we have electricity." Well, dh and our oldest son were working on the electricity for the new water heater. Dh wants a separate circuit breaker for the hot water heater, so the electricity was going on and off, while dh and our son were figuring out what circuit breaker turned off what.

It will be soon when we have hot water (it has been at least 5 months). Sigh.....Not having hot water has really put me to the challenge when doing a lot of things around the house.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  10:04:09 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, I hope you get hot water soon!! You truly are a farmgirl!!

Steph, I have to say that one of the best things I found was a gravy separator cup! I made chicken noodle soup and needed it to strain off some of the oil from the chicken! I have looked for one at the market and they never seem to have one. I got one for .50! I need to get pics up on my blog of all of my finds!! Oh, I can't wait to get pretty leaves!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2009 :  6:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Monica, over 30 years ago, I said after the honeymoon, "If I can make it through this, I can make it through anything." We chose to go camping. Dh thought that this log was a part of a trail-not, so we had to either go down the slipper log (above a ravine), or go down the steep incline. We went down the steep incline. It was also thought that dh broke his arm after changing a flat tire on a heavy truck with camper shell, when something heavy slammed down on his arm, casing his elbow to ram against the pavement. We also had a tire blow out in the middle of no where on a freeway up in northern California. Fortunately, we had a cb radio (remember those things?) and the police officer in the sky caught our message. We also stayed at a hotel up north. Now one wouldn't think too much of that, but they had an infestation of grasshoppers or crickets (can't remember which), but when we ate, they were everywhere. Needless to say, I lost my appetite. They even came in the room.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  4:14:23 PM  Show Profile
Well, lookey who finally found her way out from under her messes!!!!! Yes, that would be me. Where have I been, getting well, getting hubby well, looking around my house and nearly having a cornary. Where did all this mess come from? I did it, but dang it is bad. So have been puttering a little bit at a time while trying to get us ready for winter here. I swear I am running behind that crazy 8 ball. I have missed you gals and will try and find my way back to this computer much more often.

Christmas, ehhh gads I havne't even gotten that far, right now I just want to find the house!!!!!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  4:30:10 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I am glad that you stopped by. I will have more in my living room in a couple of weeks. I am not sure where it is going. It is my mil's things, that I have to sort through. She still had a lot of things in her small apartment, but right now everything is my sil's garage. She would like her garage back. I can't believe that it has been 2 months already since my mil passed away.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  5:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone!

It's quiet here again. Not much happening. I haven't made anything since I finished my daughter's blanket. I need to get busy and start making something. I am always happier when I am keeping my hands busy. I love to create. I have a pattern I may try for a cute top. I will maybe make it for my daughter for Christmas. I just need to get to the store and buy yarn.

Lanna and Monica~ Here is a list of the books I have. I can post pictures if you need them. I think if you Google the titles you'll see what they are or you may recognize them. Let me know if you're interested in any of them. I will have more soon, too. I have some more shelves to go through and clear out. My kids are too old for these and I would like to pass them onto someone who will use them and enjoy them.

The Year Round Holiday Book~It's a God thing~nancy Rue~Young Women of Faith-not really homeschool but great-it's brand new

Marvel Spider-Man and the Menace of Mysterio-Scholastic~ Super Heroes Collector's Club-not homeschool just for fun reading

Dorling Kindersley Readers-Level 4-Spider-Man's Amazing Powers

Dorling Kindersley Readers-Level 4- The Story of Spider-Man

Fiddlesticks-Cul De Sac Kids- Beverly Lewis

Now onto homeschool for real books (lol)

Dorling Kindersley Readers-Level 1- Born to be a Butterfly-Karen Wallace

Bugs-Level 3 Read and Write-Lisa Lerner

Usborne First Nature-Creepy Crawlies-Cathy Kilpatrick

Bible Fun for Everyone~Craft foam projects

AC Moore~Summer Activity Booklet-craft projects to do with kids

Scholastic-All Aboard Reading-George Washington's Mother-Jean Fritz

Buffalo Bill and the Pony Express-Eleanor Coerr-An I Can Read Book-Level 3 (grades 2-4)

The Drinking Gourd-A story of the Underground Railroad-F.N. Monjo-An I Can Read Book Level 3

The Bravest Dog Ever-The True Story of Balto-Natalie Standiford-Step into Reading-Step 3

Escape North-The Story of Harriet Tubman-Step into Reading-Step 3

Christopher Columbus-Stephen Krensky-Step into REading-Step 2

The One Bad Thing About Father-An I Can Read Book-F.N. Monjo

The Long Way to a New Land-Joan Sandin-An I Can Read Book-Level 3

A Young Person's Guide to the United States Capitol

A Picture Book of Thomas Jefferson-David A. Adler

The Thanksgiving Activity Book-Deborah Schecter-Scholastic

Great American Patriots-McGraw Hill Children's Publishing- Greade 1-Frank Schaffer Publications

Johnny Appleseed-Steven Kellogg-Scholastic

The Children's Book of Home and Family-William J. Bennett-Hardcover

That's it for now. Let me know if there is anything you would like.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  5:03:43 PM  Show Profile
It wouldn't look so quiet here if I had gone to the right page. Dumby!!

Nice to hear from everyone~Hope everyone is doing well.

Carol Sue~great to hear from you!!

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  9:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Gals, have you heard this story. I heard about it on the radio. Man Bites Into Cake Finds His Mother's Jewels

http://thebsreport.wordpress.com/2009/11/02/man-bites-into-cake-and-finds-his-mothers-jewelry-instead/

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page