Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  6:47:49 PM  Show Profile
We went to a party. Our neighbor has one every year, but we were never invited, or we were not here to get an invitation.

www.countrynmore.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  12:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Lanna,

Sounds like you've had a *stressed* summer..My husband's job stays on the *liable to lose* list...quite nerve racking to say the least. So I do know how you must feel (except for the baby ;0)...Things are going to turn around soon especially with so many people standing up and saying *NO* to their local politicians as well as administration in Washington.

I hold on to *HOPE* for better days to come back to us..they will!

----------

Sharon,

Glad you got in on the party this year..hope you had a lot of fun.

----------

Monica,

Are you packing!??

----------

Autumn,

I'll pop over to your blog to see if that window is in!! Oh, that's neat that your friend avoided the whole quilt filled funeral industry! Good for her!!

----------

Caro Sue, What's you up to!!

----------

Thomas is about an hour away from being home...we are going out to eat and then to Lowe's to get the light fixture for my studio. Talk to y'all later,

Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  1:24:25 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by queenofdreamsz4u

Lanna,

Sounds like you've had a *stressed* summer..My husband's job stays on the *liable to lose* list...quite nerve racking to say the least. So I do know how you must feel (except for the baby ;0)...Things are going to turn around soon especially with so many people standing up and saying *NO* to their local politicians as well as administration in Washington.

I hold on to *HOPE* for better days to come back to us..they will!

Not as much stressed as busy, but yeah. Thing is, there was no warning at all about the job. Unless you count that they expected hubby to put in 70-hour work weeks while the bosses gallivanted off to Seattle to visit their grown children that are my age - for a solid 6 months (whereas my 5yo would have weekly meltdowns about "daddy's never coming home again!!!"). *sigh* Now I'm just waiting to see a moving van outside that office repo'ing office furniture and a for sale sign on the custom office building they finally finished building 3 years ago. Ah well, karma will take care of it. I do think evil thoughts here and there, but keep them to myself or share with hubby for a giggle.

Gov't change... I wish I could be more optimistic than I am. But I'm one of those hippy-dippy folks that likes the Bill of Rights. Frustrating to say the least.

Don't suppose anybody here has extra diaper fabric they want to go to a new home or anything? I went and sold some diapers last year, whoops. Seeing how I can do things inexpensively, what few things we need again this time around. Although four in carseats, that's going to be interesting. If we can sell our CRV, we're going to have to take the plunge I've been avoiding for a while. A minivan. Yes, we're weird, it happens.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  4:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Lanna. Are you going to make diapers? I will have to look and see what I have! Most patterns seem to call for flannel on the outside and fleece on the inside! I know I have some flannel around here some where!

Steph, Gary's boss is in town now so hopefully we will know tomorrow! I want Gary to go find him now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  5:02:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by oldfashioned girl

Lanna. Are you going to make diapers? I will have to look and see what I have! Most patterns seem to call for flannel on the outside and fleece on the inside! I know I have some flannel around here some where!

I'd just gather up the materials and butter up a friend of mine to sew them up - she's the seamstress. Plus she's been thinking about taking the cloth diaper plunge, so if I snag the materials on my dime so to speak with enough for her to go nuts for me and do some damage herself to try the dipes on her kiddo... I think basically I'd just need various colors/cuts of PUL, some good quality microfleece, a snap press (yeah, that's the challenging part - I might have another friend an hour away who'd let us use hers for a little while), poly-braid elastic and thread. But that's just pocket diapers - what I ended up on with my first bout of two in diapers. Might even have three in diapers depending on what my 3yo does here... Fitteds don't do well in my house, and prefolds don't have enough absorbency for less than 15-20 changes a day as a toddler.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  9:57:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lanna,

Here's a link to ebay..this seller has the PUL for $9 per yard which seems pretty good from what I saw at most retail websites...and it's 45-60 inches wide. I think Joanns and Hancocks run fleece sales quite frequently. I have tons of fabric but none that would be suitable for diapers..sorry..

http://desc.shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_TitleDesc=1&LH_IncludeSIF=1&Length%252FAmount=By%2520the%2520Yard&_nkw=PUL%20diaper%20fabric&_dmd=1&_dmpt=US_Fabric&_fln=1&_fsct=&_in_kw=1&_ipg=50&_oexkw=&_okw=PUL%20diaper%20fabric&_sop=12&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&_udhi=&_udlo=

There seem to be quite a few ladies sewing and selling the diapers and the fabric on Ebay...

---------------

Monica, Let me know! Oh, how I hope this will work out for you.

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  10:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, we had a lot of fun. Well, the youngest son didn't care for it. There were a lot of people and the music was too loud for him.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2009 :  10:57:24 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, that's too funny that the music was too loud for your youngest son! LOL

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  08:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35512

In memory of Sept 11th

Linda in Scranton, PA

Don't take "baby steps" for the distance they cover but to go within reach of life's magic.
Just like you don't hoist your sails to move the boat, but to put yourself within
reach of the wind.
Hoist, baby, hoist, baby, 1, 2, 3, 4 -
The Universe

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  8:23:26 PM  Show Profile
We had mil's service today. It was a tear jerker, but a good service.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  9:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Sharon,
I know she will be missed and I'm glad it was a good service.

----------

Lanna,
I've got a topic over in the Gathered Up forum that you may be interested in reading if you are not happy with the current administration.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31341

----------

Monica,

My crochet hooks are starting to call my name with the first signs of Autumn showing around here. My gosh..it'll be so nice to sit down and not be thinking of 50 things I want to get done in the house! It's so hard getting this done with Thomas only being home 6 days a month.

My parents are driving over next week and I'm not ready for them at all...Momma is used to walking into my home and everything be in it's place so this should be a real shocker for her..LOL

Thomas and I had a talk this visit and he may stop working at the end of this year in Memphis..the stress is really getting to him..the people there are such &*(&*(^*&^!! Let your imagination fill in that blank..LOL There's just more to life that doesn't include Memphis, Tennessee!! He has another connection for short term jobs that we pray will evolve sometime next year...We do believe that what needs to present itself WILL at the right time.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  9:13:45 PM  Show Profile
Here's a link to the *March on Washington*...that ends up with the march to the capital steps tomorrow, the 12th. Let me know if you know anyone that will be attending...we both wish we could be there.

There is a lot of information on this website so take a look around.

http://912dc.org/2009/09/great-press-for-the-march-on-washington/

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Sep 11 2009 9:14:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey all....well, it has been a very long time since my last visit. I just thought I would drop in to let you know that I am finally sewing again....just small projects for now. But......am having a blog giveaway on my sewing blog.

Have a great weekend!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons for sale at: www.apronmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:40:18 AM  Show Profile
It is nice that you could come and visit with us again. Your life is so busy with the farm, and I am always amazed at all the things that you do, that you even had time just to write us a note. It wears me out just reading your blogs, because you get so much done in just one day. I am always getting interrupted these days and I have so many aprons that are cut out, so I just need to find some time to sew.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Sep 12 2009 6:31:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  5:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bev!!! long time no see....missed ya!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Don't take "baby steps" for the distance they cover but to go within reach of life's magic.
Just like you don't hoist your sails to move the boat, but to put yourself within
reach of the wind.
Hoist, baby, hoist, baby, 1, 2, 3, 4 -
The Universe

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  7:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh Linda and Sharon...so glad to visit for a little bit. Yes, it's funny, life has been stepped up a notch. The farm keeps me so busy with all the critters. I had months now with no time to sew...no time to even sit for a spell. But now Autumn is upon us and things are slowing down a bit. The house is finished except for a little deck work, the moving is behind us...and life is finally feeling normal again... Yay!!!! I will pop in from time to time to say hi. I wish I could keep up with the thread....but it always seems to get way ahead of me. So.....feel free to email me anytime to say hi!!

Hugs to you all,
me

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons for sale at: www.apronmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  8:00:52 PM  Show Profile
I will definitely keep in touch for sure.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  8:41:34 PM  Show Profile
Bev, Glad to hear from you! Glad to hear you are getting time to sew again!

Steph, I have new yarns on my etsy page! It looks pretty good that we are going to be moving! Gary's boss hasn't given him a specific price on rent yet, but the lady that was there before was paying $350.00 so hopefully it will be the same! I would love to move out of here and the sooner the better!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  4:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear friends!!

I have missed coming here and chatting. Things have been busy. So many things going on and happening. I find it's the end of the day and it feels like I only blinked.

Last week was a bit of a crazy and sad week. My sil (brother's wife) lost her 8 year old nephew. He was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy when he was only months old. His dad has done 3 tours in Iraq, came home the last time to find out his wife cheated on him, they got a divorce, she has been horrible to him and he's hardly had time to see his kids. Thankfully he saw them the previous weekend. But it's just so sad to lose a child. They also have a daughter with the same disease. So incredibly difficult. He buried his son on 9/11. I can't imagine the pain. It was difficult on everyone.

The kids and I were so busy studying for a homeschool scholarship competition and spent all day Saturday with them in testing. It was difficult and this was the first year they have had this competition. If the kids win the local competition they can go to Washington, D.C. to compete nationally. We will find out their results in a couple of weeks. It took a lot of preparation and work and we are relieved to have a little break for now.

I have been tending the garden. Made lots of fresh salsa from my tomatoes and peppers. Was able to freeze some of that. My mom gave us some peaches so I cleaned those up and froze some. Made a yummy peach cobbler, too. I wish she had more so I could make some jam. The weather was too cool up here this year.

I am working on some projects because I will be having a booth at a craft show on Sept. 27. I hope to do well there and maybe find some more shows I can participate in. I have made some scarves and bags. I need to do some more bags, hats and dishcloths.

Sharon~so sorry to hear about your mil.

Lanna~so nice to hear from you. Congrats on the new little one. Sorry to hear about your husband's job. We are the same way here right now. Unsure of what will happen. Hubby's company does not like to let you know what their future plans are.

Monica~Homeschooling is plugging along. We are getting used to all of our new curriculum. My son is like yours. He dilly dallies and doesn't just stick to it to accomplish things. Can't wait to check out your new yarns.

Bev~I went over to your blog and joined the contest. YEAH!!

Autumn~Can't wait to have some time to go look at your blog. I haven't been able to visit blogs for a while now. I miss it.

Karin~How are you doing? Miss you!!

I hope to be able to come and check in more regularly.

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  9:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I am so sorry to hear about your sil's nephew! I can't imagine losing a child! Sounds like you have been very busy! I hope the homeschool competition goes well! I wonder if it's a boy thing! I spent most of the day trying to get Isaiah to do 2 math pages! I am trying to figure out how to come up with lessons that will interest him more because he says math is boring! He loves to do wood working so I may try to come up with small projects that would use math to figure them out! It is definitely a challenge! I have some pics of new yarn on the marketplace forum!

I hope everyone had a great day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  05:50:24 AM  Show Profile
Steph, I too have been thinking more about crocheting since fall is here...been checking out some afghan patterns on crochetpatterncentral.com, need to make one this winter for my granddaughter. Of course, Christmas presents take precedence right now...

Bev, Great to hear from you - think of you often!

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  08:26:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Monica. My son hated math, too and always said it was so boring. I started using Math U See and he loves it. He gets it finished so much quicker. I am so happy. I love your new yarn. It's just gorgeous!! I put some pictures up on my blog of some scarves I've made these last couple of weeks.

We are pretty much finished with school for the morning. I have plans to color my hair today and then clean the bathroom. I bought the new hair color that only takes 10 minutes. We'll see how well it works. I have been busy crocheting too and having fun making things for the upcoming fair.

Have a great day.

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  11:01:46 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, I will have to check out the math program! I am glad you like the yarns! I hope the hair coloring works! You will have to let us see pics!!

If any of you want to see what I have been working on, I posted some pics of yarn on the Marketplace Forum. The title is New Handspun Yarns and new etsy!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  11:36:07 AM  Show Profile
Monica, my oldest son didn't like math in elementary school. We would get so frustrated with him all the time. From junior high on, he became a whiz in math.

www.countrynmore.com

www.[censored]rygl.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  6:49:09 PM  Show Profile
HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, I do exist and selfish as this sounds I am so glad there were not pages and pages. I assume as fall comes we will get to chat more. Summer is so full of getting out in the sunshine, planting, harvesting, sitting, takeing a deep breath....
now me, I haven't done all those things, but reading all your gals hard work makes one tired.....lol.

Autumn, thanks for the comment on the face book, and I need to go check out blogs again.

Bev, this means you get to catch a breath every once in a while, glad that life is good being on the farm.

Lanna, girl I wondered where you were and what was happening, didn't even get to connect and go huckleberry picking, maybe next year.

Sharon, their are always projects we want to do.

Monica, do we know for sure about the house.

Ruth, you are doing well, and have been busy too.

Miss Stephanie, oh my girl do I owe you a long email!!!!!!

Karin, thinking of you girlfriend.

Hi Suzan, crocheting sounds great....

It is still warm here, ususally it starts to get cooler in September, but we haven't really done that yet. I am still watering. LOL. Got to see my brother as he has been over on some weekends helping his son do remodeling to open up his resturant and bar in a teeny tiny town of less than 100. But the big plant old boards, wasincoating and other fun surprizes as they have pulled apart the ugly stuff. I can't wait to see what it ends up looking like.
Grandkiddos are growing like crazy and settling into school, we are trying to get the yard in a bit better shape before that dreaded white stuff starts again, hey a really late fall sounds like a very good thing.
You gals have a great morning or evening, which ever way it goes.....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page