Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  2:28:15 PM  Show Profile
So what is everyone up to today! I am trying to get the rest of home school done with Isaiah for today! I hope that child of mine will soon learn that it's much easier to just get things done instead of dragging it out all day! The funny thing is that Olivia is the easiest one to work with and she is only 4 and doesn't really have to be doing work, but she is great at it!

Other than that I just finished up some mohair yarn with light blue beads on it. I don't know why I had to decide that I liked doing yarn with beads because it really is time consuming. It's not like I have tons of time on my hands or anything!!!

Sharon, I hope that all is well at your house with the fires! My friends husband is coming back today from the fire in Payson, Az. It's really hard for them right now because that is his job and this is the first fire he has worked at all year!

Ruth, How is home schooling going for you? I am still trying to get Isaiah on the ball with it! It is quite a challenge, but I still am glad that I am doing it, especially since I heard that kids in public schools may be required to get the H1N1 vaccine and there is no way on earth I would give that to my kids. Apparently it can have some very serious side effects.

Carol Sue, I got the yarn with blue beads on it done today! I will try to post a pic sometime today!

Steph, I need to get over to your blog and see what you have been up to lately!

Autumn, I did make it over to your blog finally and you sure do have some of the cutest grand babies I have ever seen! I love the garden pictures! I think I am going to try and plant again soon!

Linda, I hope all is well with you!

I hope you all have a great day and I apologize if I missed anyone! By the way, what has Sherl-lyn been up to lately!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Sep 03 2009 2:32:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  2:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Sharon- hugs to all of you- how wonderful to leave this world with a smile!!!!
Made a batch of soap and some candles today. The humidity is real low so I could stay out nearly all day! What a relief!

We'll see how those wascly wabbits fare tonight!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  3:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gals. It will be a week before the we can have the service for my mil. There are a lot more arrangements since she needs to be flown back to California, and relatives are coming from all over the U.S. for the service.

www.countrynmore.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  9:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, wow, going with a smile on your face, makes you wonder what she was seeing......

Now Monica, I will try not to drool all over your blog, but the yarn with the beads was great, so was getting to see some of the others of yours. Yummy girl!!!!

Autumn, girl you know how to have fun....it is so right for that worm to have death by chickens...grin.

So many blogs, having so much fun, but dang I am getting tired, will have to catch up on more later.....
right now I need a cup of tea.....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  9:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I was wondering ever since I heard about it. It could be her late husband, mother, father, angels, etc. or maybe all of them. My mil was an angel collector.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  9:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, Here are some pics of the yarn I just finished! It is mohair yarn from Grace Gerber's goat Sugar!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  06:30:05 AM  Show Profile
Monica, the yarn is just beautiful!

Sharon, Would that we could all leave this world with a smile on our faces. I hope the fires are done with soon, you certainly have been inundated with stress lately. Remember to take good care of yourself...

Ruth, you sound wildly busy, and productive too.

I have been very slowly emerging from a month long respiratory bug, I haven't been this discouraged in years. Oh ewell, sun's out and I feel almost human today. I got up early to try and catch up on my laundry mountain...I am actually seeing results, amazing. Sometimes I forget how old I am but I am learning to adjust, I think.

Carol Sue, hope you are feeling well

Time for more coffee, hope all is well with all of you...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  07:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, So sorry about your MIL but it sounds like she was ready...Hope you are surviving the fires without any effect, I kept thinking about you as they were burning...was really glad when you posted about them.

Monica, that yarn is beautiful! I am entranced by spinning, I'd love to learn but right now I've got too many other things going...I will just keep admiring all the work you do!

Steph, We did get down to Gatlinburg and those mountains are beautiful! We drove over to Cherokee so got a long drive through. I was sorry I didn't get to see you but our plans were goofed up with a death in the family.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  07:28:59 AM  Show Profile
Karin, I wish that we too could all leave with a smile as well. I would have been harder if my mil was a lot younger and did not live a long and wonderful life. It would have been harder if she was killed suddenly from an accident.

Suzanne & Karin I am glad that the fires are no longer around here, but I feel for the others who are near the fires now.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  09:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Sharon..how close are you to the fires? I feel for everyone there too. How devastating.
Happy to hear that you are ok and safe now.
Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Sep 04 2009 09:21:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  09:19:07 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I am also happy to hear that MIL passed with a smile. That is another proof of heaven.
It is so wonderful that lots of family are joining to honor her life. That is a blessing.
hugs to you.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Sep 04 2009 09:21:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  10:49:53 AM  Show Profile
Linda it is amazing how the funeral business is such a rip-off. They charge for everything. My mil wanted a graveside service, but it looks like we are leaning in a different direction because of the outrageous charges. One of the things is that they want $300 for a floral spray and $150 just to drive the flowers from the funeral home (in same location as mortuary) to the graveside. Needless to say that they are not providing the flowers.

Having my sil see the huge smile on her mom's face brought relief and comfort. It also brought comfort to all of her family and friends.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Sep 04 2009 10:54:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  12:45:50 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I hope everything works out! That is such a rip-off to charge that much to drive flowers down the road a bit!

Hey ladies, Please keep us in your prayers! We may have the opportunity to move at the end of the month! Gary's boss has a house that is going to be available the 1st of October and he said he would trade it to Gary for work. Gary doesn't know how much he wants in exchange for rent, but I guess the lady that is renting it right now is paying $325.00. If we could bet that same price it would be a really good deal! We could not go anywhere and rent some thing fro that price! It is a 3 bedroom and Gary just recently put in new kitchen cupboards in the house. It also has a fenced in yard and 3 porches around the house and a big tree in the corner of the yard! While it's still in the desert it would be such a better set-up than the house we are in now because this house is realistically only a one bedroom. The girls have a room that is open and Isaiah has a tiny room that used to be a little bar area and it's not much bigger than his twin bed! It's doesn't have the greatest heating and cooling, but we would probably be able to put in a wood stove! I am really praying that it works out and we can move!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  1:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Monica, that isn't the only rip-off. If they want to charge as much for mil, I wonder how much Michael Jackson's family paid (located in same mortuary).

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  1:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I would tell them to go jump in a lake!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  11:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Suzan,

You made it and had a good time..that's what counts..maybe the next time we can meet.

----------

Monica,

I really like the yarn with the beads in it...I look forward to crocheting again! I soooooo hope you get that house..it sounds like a place you could really make into a home. If it's meant to be you'll be moving soon!

----------

Karin,

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better..there's nothing worse than having these bugs hang around for weeks and weeks.

----------

Sharon,

Thomas and I will be cremated...There are major bucks being made off "of dieing"...it's enough that people have lost someone they have loved but then to have the guilt trip laid on you for "they'd really like this", yada, yada....The whole mess is one big guilt trip..so unnecessary...

----------

Drop by to visit me...it's PiNk Saturday and some of you know I never miss this weekly event. It's really a lot of fun.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  08:02:18 AM  Show Profile
I hear you on that one Stephanie.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  9:18:39 PM  Show Profile
A friend of mine donated her body to science and skipped the entire funeral industry!!!!
There was a memorial service about a week after she passed at her church.
Seems like a good idea to me.

Monica- so ya'll got the house???????

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  10:15:04 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, It's looking pretty good! Should know for sure on Wednesday! It just depends on how much Gary's boss wants for rent!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  10:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Monica, how great that will be if this is the house for you....more room and a tree in the yard and porches, oh man girl.
Oh girl how I love the yarn here that you showed. drooling all over myself.

Karin I am glad you are beginning to emerge to the land of the living again. Nice to see a post from you girl.

Steph, it is Saturday already again....trying to keep up....lol

It is cooler here at night, knowing the fall is in the air. It makes me want to get life cleaned up around me so that we can snuggle in when winter comes, that means trying to kick this keester in gear....now that is a dilema all in itself. The freezer and I need to have a date to clean it up and go through stuff, I keep saying I will get to it, but this time, I have to. Who did all that....messs....not labeling....lol. It seems like life goes, hmmm, now is the time, yep now is the time.

Now the ridiculous thing is the charging that they do for what they call "services" What happened to caring and compassion and reseasonable.....not sure too much of that exists like it should. They still exist, but not as much. Now Autumn, your friend fixed it all did't she....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2009 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, I am so praying that everything works out to move! There is even a kitchen window over the sink!!!!! I am glad you like the yarn! I ordered the rest of the mohair from Grace yesterday! I couldn't bear the thought of it selling before I got more! I need to have a date with my freezer also! I try to label stuff, but half the time I seem to be in a rush to get stuff put away and I forget! Then later I get stuff out and I think "Mmmm is this steak or pork chops"Oh well! I am trying to get stuff sorted through so we don't have as much to move and I am actually getting rid of some fabric!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  8:50:04 PM  Show Profile
What has everyone been up to? It has been quiet around here this weekend!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  8:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Hubbys puttin a window in my sewing room!!
I blog pictures tomorrow or the next day!
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day celebration!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  02:39:07 AM  Show Profile
Just popping in to see what's what in here...

Yay that you're sorta moved, Stephanie! It's got to be beautiful there right now.

Sharon ~ Those matching aprons (a few pages back) are so darned cute! I think I've given up on trying to make some myself and am roping a friend into doing some sewing for me. She's done it professionally for years though, so she's definitely better than I ever could be. I'm so sorry about your MIL. But I do find it neat she had a smile on her face. Right before a few of my grandparents died, the people that were around them said they kept talking about (deceased) relatives/spouse right before they passed. I still wonder sometimes if Grandpa really was waiting there at the foot of Grandma's bed asking her about breakfast... Specifially pancakes, or so the story goes.

Carol Sue ~ Did you guys hit Silverwood on one of the hot days? Been a while since we've been - little kids can't do much besides wobble around in the wave or kiddie pools or ride the train. And hubby went and promised out 5yo we'd go this month if hubby got this job we're hoping pans out. We'll see.

Monica ~ Oooh, pretty yarn!

Lots of things have gone down in my poor house this summer, it's exhausting.
So, if you wanted excitement...
We got pregnant in May. Not planned, not even in semi-planned way #1 and #2 were - and they were just more of a general 'hey, we'd like to have kids at some point' kind of way. All our kids are surprises, basically.
Hubby got laid off in June - no income, no health insurance, nothing right now.
My baby girl started walking in July - she's now 14.5mo.
Heard the surprise babe's heartbeat in August.
Hopeful for good job-related news this week, but not getting my hopes up too high.
Sorta starting homeschooling, although I'm more in the unschooling/eclectic type. My 5yo's been trying to sound out and read words on his own, spelling out words (trying to explain the whole "ea" thing with dead and that kind of word is challenging), drawing "books" for us, and now working on understanding the clock. In between helping me harvest beans and tomatoes from the garden while the 3yo sneaks strawberries and the 14mo toddles over to whatever catches her fancy in the yard. :D
And in the midst of all that, it's been a gardening/canning/dehydrating frenzy. Trying to put up enough for this year and possibly next year because I have no idea how much a newborn is going to monkey with my canning next year, and we count on my loaded pantry with our budget. I guess the good news is that we've trimmed our expenses down so low and have so many reusable products (cloth diapers for one!) that we weren't hurting near as much as other folks who've gotten laid off lately. Even some of hubby's former coworkers that have a good 15-20 years on us life-wise... no savings, no bare-bones budget options, etc. Kind of odd to see/think of, really. Needless to say, we're not the "weird, crazy" ones anymore - people keep asking me how to do this or that. Kind of trippy, really. And just realized we have the 6yo-next-month's Christmas present in the basement hiding away - a giant tub of wooden Tinkertoys we got years ago in our new-parent haze only to realize he was still too young at the time for 'em. Now to decide what else to wrap up from the basement for the other kiddos, or whether the bunkbed will about do it for the boys's presents this year...

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  07:55:31 AM  Show Profile
Lanna, Sounds like you have been quite busy over the summer! Sorry to hear about hubby's job! I will be praying he finds work. It's good to hear that you are making it by though! Congrats on the new one on the way!! Our youngest was not planned at all! In fact we were not planning on having anymore! Hannah was 4 months old when I found out I was pregnant with Olivia! I am so glad to have her though. She is such a character and I wouldn't trade her for the world!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page