Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello, ladies~

Things are finally winding down here a bit. We are getting ready to start school soon. Right now I have been working on some crochet bags.

I have been a bit wiped out. We had a heat wave and our ac died out. Had to have the guy come take a look. Thankfully it was only the fuse. Yeah!! It's working again.

I am working on some potholders for a swap, too.

Karin~thank you~so sorry to hear you are all sick.

Monica~yeah~I wish I had some buddies to craft with. No one likes what I like around here.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  4:07:07 PM  Show Profile
Gals, my mil is sick and in the hospital with a serious infection. They are checking to see if her kidneys are involved.

www.countrynmore.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  8:52:33 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I will be keeping your mil in my prayers!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  10:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, yes, will keep her in prayers. So I finally have faster internet. And I cna't find my stupid camera cord to upload pictures for my blog....lol. I have to say you click and there it is, shocking, truly shocking. I don't have to walk into the other room and do a few chores and then come back and hope it uploaded....lol. Hey I was just thankful to have a hook up.

Yes, my computer adventures, lol, are never dull.

We know where that ole Steph is, off smoochin with her hubby!!!!! LOL More power to you girl.

It was only 65 today, I was honestly cold and in long pants, but I have enjoyed the cooler reprieve.

I wish I could tell you exciting things are happening around here, to me they are, I am living one day at a time and rememebering to enjoy it. That is good indeed

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  07:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Monica and Carol, I hoping to hear about mil today. Dh and youngest son drove last night to AZ, while our oldest son and I are still here. I called her friends here to let them know.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  5:14:27 PM  Show Profile
You gals must be having a busy weekend, I am being a lazy girl here.....lol. It is cooler and I am going to make some zuchinni bread while the gettin is good as they say.

My sewing machine I am sure feels horrible neglected. I will sew with a couple of friends this week, so it will feel at least that it is a considered instrument in this house. It is a dear and sweet machine that I sure do love using when life cooperates....heee heee heee......

Laundry and bread is calling my name, I suppose I better answer before that laundry pile buries me!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
the bread sounds so good!
Howdy Carol Sue...how ya feeling lately?

Linda in Scranton, PA

"I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."

Rob Brezsny from http://freewillastrology.com/home.shtml
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:23:58 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, How is your MIL?

---------

Ruth, I love those crocheted market bags you have been making..do you have an Etsy or other shop for selling them?

---------

Nashbabe, Good to hear you are *floating* The economy has got to turn soon! Thomas is hoping for a job to open up not far from Nashville..that would so great for us if it would. He could come home every weekend.

---------

Well...today is Tuesday and NO windows have arrived. The contractor is confident since he's scheduled to show up here with the windows on Thursday...They made it clear that they were making no special push even though they sent the wrong windows the first time and it turned out that it was at the manufacturer's end where the error occurred. Today is the 7th day since the reorder.....we shall see.

On a brighter note I have made progress in my studio as far as shelving being situated for storing fabric. I kind of created a shadow box effect across one wall with bookcases..I picked up an old one that is shorter but has all these different shaped openings..it's really unique...so I put it up on a table between two taller bookcases.

----------

Monica, I've decided to put all of my furniture in place in the studio and then start the decoupage process. That way I've saved a lot of time on NOT decoupaging where there will always be the same furniture in place. That really took a bunch of labor out of the job for me.

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask how the homeschooling is working out??

-----------

Autumn, Karin, Carol Sue, Teresa, Linda...everyone else....have a great day!

-----------

Okie doke, I'm off to get some more stuff done! Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post by the weekend.
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Aug 18 2009 1:25:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I would LOVE to have a 65 degree day!! We are in upper 80s and extra humid....I'm melting, melting, melting.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  9:13:35 PM  Show Profile
ok, where is everyone! I know you're there..hehehe

Have a great evening!
Steph

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  11:31:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey we got lost in the great beyond.....doing, dreaming, cooling off, reading....lol

Linda, I am hanging in there, what else can a girl do.

I did go to the pool with the grand girls and LFD, it made a hot 96 a wee bit cooler, but then you have to go home, darn it!!!!! Tomorrow is our big adventure....I am going to the Water Park, we shall see how brave I am. LOL. I did do the one slide at the pool today and didn't kill myself, I did forget to take off the sunglasses and had to go searching for a few for them....lol. But it was fun having fun with the grands. So will be cooling off and goofing off again tomorrow. Let's see if I can move on Saturday....lol

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Go girl, Carol Sue!!! Be a big girl and slide!!! Dollywood has 35 acres of water slides...I can't imagine..haha

---------

On a very bright note.....my windows have arrived and are installed....YIPEE YAHOO...you can see the update at my blog.

Drop by to see!

Steph

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  9:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, I'm here! Things have been very busy at my house! do you all realize that we are getting close to 1000 pages!

Steph I am so deliriously happy for you!!!

Carol sue, Have fun on the water slides!!!

Linda, I hope your weather cools down! It has been hot and sticky here too! It is starting to cool down though!

God Bless You all and sweet dreams! Good Night!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9382 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9382 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  04:16:35 AM  Show Profile
Steph,
those windows and that room are gorgeous! Enjoy that view.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  09:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Steph, my mil is back in her apartment. She is using a hospital bed and as nurses checking on her often. My mil is also on oxygen and she only wants water-no food. Tomorrow, she turns 93. My sil bought a lemon meringue pie, hoping that her mom will eat some, as it is her all time favorite pie. If she doesn't eat any, then I don't know what to say. My mil's kidneys are also working at only 25 percent. My dh was told that normally in elderly people, the function will drop down to 50 percent. If her kidney function goes down to 15 percent, then she will have to undergo kidney dialysis. My mom is on dialysis 3 times per week.

P.S. Steph, love your new windows. I am so jealous of your gorgeous view.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Aug 22 2009 10:07:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  09:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Gals, I want to show you the mother and matching daughter apron that I made recently:

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  3:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sharon, love the aprons! That print is sooooo nice.
Who are they for?

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  8:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Linda, the aprons are not for anyone in particular. I made them for my website.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  9:10:29 PM  Show Profile
Cute aprons,Sharon!
Steph-Im heading over to your blog to see those long-awaited window.

It's hot here ALL THE TIME- upper 90's to 3 digit ts at times- and the humidity- ugh- we're swimming in the air around here! Hard to get motivated to go outdoors.

Fall garden is planted.funeral last week and another in a day or so- they are coming like bananas- in bunches!!!
Im busy with soap and stitching-and of course school!
Love and blessings to all of you farmgirls!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  9:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Autumn. I have others that I want to make.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  12:39:00 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon,
I'm sorry to hear the news..doesn't sound good at all. Keep us updated.
Oh, and thanks...the windows do look especially good after looking at plywood nailed over the opening for a month! I love the aprons and I love that fabric!

--------

Thanks, Monica

Thanks, Denise...I think that was you that left me a comment??

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  7:52:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi lovely ladies of the apron realm.....nope didn't make it too the water slides, will on Tuesday. We did go play at the pool on Thursday, our pools here have gone under major makeovers. They aren't just pools, they have a couple of slides, diving boards, you walk into the pool like you walk on a beach and gradually go into the deeper, it is great for little kids like Mr. Caleb, their is a ship with handles and pull ropes to have water spray, and little slides for little kids. It was great. So we get into the pool and ten minutes later all the whisles are blowing like crazy. Two six year olds boys have contaminated the pool. Our girls were in tears because the other pool had been contaminated as well. You can guess what this nana was thinking. So Friday arrives, we are psyched to go to water park, dd walks out, she looks like a mac truck has hit her. Not good. Nana talkes to the girls, we head for the pool, this time with much much much better luck. We had a blast, went back in the evening too. Good thing we are waiting till monday or tuesday, this girl is pooped!!!!!! Gosh I had fun playing in the pool and sure did cool this girl off. Yep, there are my adventures for the last few days.

Sharon, your aprons look good girl.

Hi Denise, nice to see you.

Steph, those views look grand grand grand. How exciting to have them done. Kudos girl!!

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  8:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Gals,
My mil had a great birthday today and even had a few small bites of her lemon meringue pie (her favorite), but tonight she looks worn out and she is not doing well. I don't want to go into detail here, but I guess that you can figure out what I plan on saying without me saying it.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  03:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sharon, so glad to hear that she had a few bites of pie and a nice birthday. You are so loving to her...I think that's good for her spirit and yours!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  06:03:33 AM  Show Profile
Linda, my mil did have a very nice birthday. Dh spent part of the night with his mom, and came back to get some sleep. I don't think that any of us really slept well during the night.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page