Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  09:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Steph, I figured I better quit complaining about the desert or the Lord might just keep me here even longer!! The house is soooo my ideal house! It even has that little pantry door under the staircase! I will keep dreaming! I got some more yarn finished last night and I am going to try to get some pics up on my blog today! By the way, if I ever did get the house, we would only be 5 hours away from each other!!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  12:58:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello! Ladies~

I have been working on our homeschool schedule. Before we know it we will be starting. The great thing about homeschooling is that you can start and take days off when you want. We will start a little early and then we will be on vaca from Sept. 7-11. It's fun.

Monica~I love that house. All the land. I have a backyard but I hope to someday own some land.

Steph~your house is coming along amazingly.

Carol Sue~so glad to hear from you.

Autumn~how great that your son was able to find a job. My daughter is still trying to get one.

I have been participating in some swaps and I just got the greatest package in the mail. I also cut my hair again. I put some pictures on my blog.

Hubby will be on vacation from Friday to next Wednesday. No money to go anywhere but we will do some local, free things. He also needs to hang some doors upstairs. Don't know if he'll do that because of his back. He is better but not great yet.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  9:35:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls- I can't believe its 70 degrees anywhere!!!
It is so hot here - unbearable at times.
My poor chickies just walk around real slow with their wings spread out and their mouths wide open!!!
The dogs just lie still and the flowers are all just wilted from the heat-even when watered!!!!:0

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  11:17:57 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, we are getting a weather reprieve. It was in the low 80's today. I can't say much on here, but I had to deal with a problem at the rehabilitation center today. The fellow room mate has been moved out of the facility. My mom and the other room mate will be able to sleep tonight with both eyes shut.

www.countrynmore.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  04:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, After being on the Gulf Coast and then near Memphis I have endured the high humidity and heat as you do....it's just unbearable at times. Thomas has been working in 115 degree heat index around equipment that is putting off heat upto 140 degrees! To say the least he's making it outside about 4 hours at a time if that.

Now....here in the mountains (and they say this isn't normal) I've not seen a temp over 90 degrees but maybe a half dozen times so far and the norm has become 82-88 degrees and I'm having lows at night in the 60's. I'll take it!!!! It's been decades since I've felt this type of cool temps in the summer time. Of course, who knows...September may turn hot as blazes!

I used to turn on one of those sprinklers with the fine mist for my chickens to walk through...LOL I know that sounds so weird...but they LOVED it!!

Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  05:37:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Steph, I'm going to get to see those wonderful mountains you live in now, we are meeting a group of friends there in a couple weeks. We have rented a chalet and will have a grand old time! I know some of them want to traipse thru Gatlinburg (any suggestions as to what to see?) but I can't wait to get into the park and enjoy the quiet and serenity of nature...
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  09:15:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!!

It is finally a bit cooler here today. The temps will hit the 80's but no humidity which is a relief. I need to do some work in my garden today because the humidity is coming back on Sunday. Just back from the grocery store and everything is put away. Wanted to say hello to everyone.

I have to work tonight. I'm not feeling like it but oh well. Such is life.

Have some crochet I want to get to today. Thinking of what I can make for Christmas, too.

Suzanne~that sounds like a wonderful trip. OOH! A chalet!! How nice. You will have to let us know all about it.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  11:58:40 AM  Show Profile
976 pages to the apron thread! Wow, chickadees, you have been hard at work. ;-) Sorry haven't been around much, my hubs has a job a couple hours away because of the economy and the juggling has been interesting. But I'm way thankful for the job.

Here's an apron picture, hopefully this will work...from my farmers market booth.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-wSk-HCDDDY/Snx5KDPoEJI/AAAAAAAAAtY/A5dY-uLF_j8/s1600-h/yee+haw.jpg

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  12:36:52 PM  Show Profile
Nash that apron is cute as can be!!!!

Steph- my hubby works for AT&T and is outdoors ALL DAY-uggggh!The truck was a nice reprieve UNTIL...the ac went out!!!
He said yesterday it worked for a bit- so Im hoping it kicks in again today. I dont know how he does it!!! It's very physical work too. I dont let him outside once he's home in the evening-its still over 95 then!
I think the humidity has been around 80 % or so-it never really cools off- we just stay inside in the evening. The mosquitoes don't mindthe heat a bit!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  12:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne,

I leave to go buy supplies, groceries and check my mail..I've been in the remodeling stage since I arrived three months ago....The main Parkway makes me dizzy trying to see EVERYTHING..LOL It's amazing what all is here to do. I'm only about 5 miles from downtown Gatlinburg and the same to Pigeon Forge.

So I'm really not the right person to ask "What to do" since I haven't ventured out much...if you spin, weave or knit or crochet there is a marvelous yarn shop in Gatlinburg..Smokey Mountain Spinnery, I believe..very nice shop!

You must email me when you get ready to head this way and we will can at least meet for a quickie visit! That would be too cool.

----------

Hello Nashbabe,

Long time, no hear!!! I'm finally moved to the Smokies! I like the apron..very cute..so how's the Farmer's Market holding up with the economy the way it is?? Just curious how different areas are prospering (or not ). I can so relate to your hubby's job situation...My Thomas is still working in Memphis...so he has a 7.5 hour commute every 10 days or so for a short visit...it's the pits and we will be so glad when this crap subsides in Washington!!!!!!!!!!
So glad you checked in!

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  9:20:57 PM  Show Profile
Steph, I have actually managed to get some new pics of yarn up on my blog! Let me know what you think!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  12:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, lets see....I haven't told y'all that my windows arrived on Friday...and they were the WRONG style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boohoo....2 1/2 weeks of waiting and now I'm back to square one. I'm still waiting on the contractor to let me know how long of a wait I'm looking at this second time around.

The window opening is all framed in and covered with plywood where the windows will go..so I sit and look out of those imaginary windows for now. LOL

On the brightside, my kitchen is finished, all the electrical is finished and I have an arrangement in the room for the first time. It's really the first time that I've reached the point of thinking of decorating the room..so this is a good thing! I've come a long way in 3 months.

----------

Autumn, I know exactly what you mean about those mosquitoes not minding the heat at all...they are not near as bad up hear but they ARE out there and they love to bite me.

Thomas is staying in the office today after walking out to find a Mule to drive to the unit he needed to go to...NO mule in sight..the heat index is 105 and he needs to go a half mile....so it's a no brainer, "Do I kill myself with a heatstroke or sit in the office and find something to do!?" Maybe tomorrow will be a better day...Wednesday will be a great day because he leaves that miserable place and comes home for a visit!!

Have a great day,
Steph

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  12:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Monica, I just left your blog.....YUM YUM...it looks delicious!! Can't wait to see the one with the beads added!

Steph

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  6:27:05 PM  Show Profile
Nash, great apron, glad to see!!!!

Computer at my house is sick, down at Teresa's. My dumb cursor will not move when you turn the computer on.....it is frozen in place period....my fan has gone out in it too and it is gettikng tooooooo hot. So will play down here every once in a while to check in.....

Steph, what a big fat bummer girl!!!!!!! You could draw pretty pictures on the plywood!!!!!

later girls, gotta go home and do some more....love ya girls

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  9:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Yipee, Teresa loaned me her mouse that she found and I can use my computer.....oh happy day.......

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  07:37:10 AM  Show Profile
Nash, love the apron. It is so cute and unique.

www.countrynmore.com

http:// www.qualityfabricsandsupplies.ecrater.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  09:49:57 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, What beautiful grandbabies, the brand new and the older ones are all gorgeous. Sounds like you have been very busy, and have accomplished all kinds of things.

We have been in the grip of some horrible flu bug for over a week here. My son, Martin, who is 22 wwas the first victim and because he has asthma that complicated things a bit, then Zan and I tipped over a few days later. I haven't had a bug like this before, it is just relentless. I did sleep 18 out of the last 24 hours, but I don't feel rested at all. I guess this is what happens when you get old and get one of these bad bugs. Ho hum.

Today I'm hoping I have enough energy and concentration to get a little sewing cone, if nothing else. Setting the standards pretty low. Only way to go is up.

Ruth, I love what you did with your daughter's room. There is something so satisfying in completing a project like that. I'm sure she loves it.

Monica, your new yarns are gorgeous, the colors are just too sweet!

I was planning a trip to the post office today, but I think I'll just leave that until tomorrow, not to sure if I'm going to get dressed today. hope all of you are flourishing....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  11:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello Karin,

I hate it when you sleep so much and you still feel like #$$%^%! LOL I do hope you are starting to feel better..too much sewing to enjoy to be sick for long!

Take care,
Steph

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  3:08:27 PM  Show Profile
AWWW Karin- I hate when a bug goes through the household like that!!!!
Steph- grrrr- I hate waiting and then being disappointed only to be waiting again..

Monica- the yarns are wonderful!!!! You really know your stuff!!!!Makes me want to touch all of it---IN THE WINTERTIME!
Carol Sue- so good to hear from you- Ive been a horrid friend to all of you- life has just been so busy.
I'm working on my blog right now- Ive been maintaining 3(stupid,huh?) and my son is getting them all condensed and streamlined to just one!!! Yippee!!!!!
Ill let ya know when its back up and running!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  7:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Today the contractor says....*maybe* the windows will arrive next Tuesday...so I will hope it's true.

I go full speed ahead in the house for a while and then I just stop and become overwhelmed..I'm overwhelmed this week. I keep telling myself that I've waited a lifetime for this so to not be hard on myself. I'm having a week where my body really needs to be at least 20 years younger!

The good news is that my Thomas will be home tomorrow evening and that makes all other concerns go away! LOL

----------

Karin, hope you and family are better this evening.

----------

Autumn, glad to have you consolidating in blogland..it does make it easier to keep things in one spot although I have a few others too that are developing..it's kind of addicting...LOL....it's free, it's there, it's easy, why not! hehehehe Let's hope Blogger never pulls the plug on us!!

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  9:17:46 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I hope you and your gang get better soon! I will keep you in my prayers!

Thank you for the compliments on the yarn! I actually met a girl today that just moved here about 3 weeks ago and she wants to learn to spin! Her name is Dana and she said her grandmother used to spin and weave! I also met another lady named Glory that has lived here a few months and she quilts! Besides those 2 ladies my sister-in-law that lives here crochets and so does my friend Cheryl and there is another new girl in town named Laura that I haven't met yet! I am going to see if I can't possibly start a craft get-together maybe once a month at the little church in town here! There is also my friend Jennifer that wants to learn how to spin! I can't believe that all of the sudden there are all these ladies to craft with!

Steph, I will be praying for you that the windows get here very soon!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:23:44 PM  Show Profile
Karin, you feel better soon girl.....hate getting those creepy bugs....they need to creep right back out the door!!!!! Sewing or the thought of it always makes one day seem better.....

Steph, now lets hope those windows show up like they are suppose to, ya gots to see that view!!! plywood just will not do for a view....lol

Monica, how wonderful you have those ladeis moving in around you, a craft night would be grand for you and them. We women need our get togethers!!!!

Autumn, you are a good friend, just a very busy one, grin.

Y'all want a funny. Here I have my 10 inch little notebook, that is my computer.....the cursor bellies up yesterday, Teresa has a mouse I can use, it works, yippee back in the saddle again. So this morning, I go to write and email and my keyboard doesn't work.....oh come on, so on our way to swim lesson with the grands, dd goes, hey mom I think I have a keyboard, go for it and see if it will work....as you can see it does. Now this is very sad when the keyboard is almost bigger than my notebook. LOL, but hey praying no more challenges, just have to sit here and laugh, go figure. Computer adventures....lol

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  08:18:00 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, I hope you don't have any more trouble with your notebook! I had to laugh though picturing you sitting there with little notebook and a big old keyboard! Hope the speakers don't go out!:)
It is so nice to finally have some other ladies around here who do crafts, especially some who want to learn to spin! It's also just so wonderful to have some people who can relate to what I do and don't just say why don't you just buy it at Walmart!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  11:19:53 PM  Show Profile
woohoo for monica she has crafting buddies on the rise

and dang it flu bug that sucks get better soon karin

well i have no clue what happened to the summer but it flew by
and i just cant think of anything to say cause i am pooped

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  08:37:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks chickadees!

Steph, farmers market sales for those of us who don't sell food have been off quite a bit. I try to make as many low dollar items as possible, and face the fact that I have to sell more items to make similar money...if I'm fortunate. The market is pretty well attended though...people are getting the idea about local and organic food, and it's a cheap day out if you don't have a lot to rub together. He's in Chattanooga area.

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page