Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  5:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Steph, I took the box to the mail today and it will go out tomorrow morning at 11:00am! I had just the right amount to mail it! I am so glad that you got everything moved! YIPEE!!!!!

Ruth, Cleaning never ends! It seems like no matter how much I get rid of I seem to have twice what I started with!!

Sharon, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your mom and family!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  6:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Monica. I have the neatest brothers. We were talking about children and fighting, but I told them that I don't remember us ever fighting as children.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  08:16:12 AM  Show Profile
Steph, you are brilliant to just keep the kitchen you have. With your decorating talent, I'm sure you will make it beautiful, and kitchens , unless they are really tiny , though I know people who manage fine with a tiny one, are usually pretty usable. Maybe I'm saying this because all my kitchen appliances are hand me downs or things given to me by my friend Michael who is a contractor. And you and Thomas have that beautiful place to live in, I picture eating out on your porches and enjoying that lovely location.

We had five days of no rain, at first I thought I might go blind, wincing in the blazing sun, but I got used to it. The slug population has retreated a bit. Yesterday I went to y quilt group's annual picnic. One of our members has a beautiful summer cottage on the shore of a nearby lake. it is such a treat to go ther, great big porch, and lots of good food and company. We had to move inside when it started to sprinkle, show and tell can't get wet...

Yesterday morning I got my daughter into town early to get her off on her trip to Baltimore. I plan to enjoy my time alone, but I woke up this morning at 4"30 feeling pretty wretched, it is cold and rainy here, but I'm just going to make a pot of tea, and hope for the best. I was really hoping for a giant burst of energy, but I guess that was aiming pretty high.

I did finish hand quilting my big baby quilt and posted a picture on my blog. It looks nice to me and feels so sweet and soft, cotton batting and hand stitching always produce a good result for me.

Just got a call from my son, he's moving back home for a bit while hunting for a new job. I have to go help him get things out of his apartment and crammed into this house. Oh the fun never ends....

Hope you are all having a great day.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  08:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Karin~so nice to hear from you. You are one busy lady. It's always nice to hear your day to day. It's terrible how the job market is. Good luck to your son. My daughter is 16 and really wants a job but hasn't had any luck at all. I saw the quilt on your blog. It looks beautiful!! I hope you feel better and have a good day.

Monica~Ditto~no matter what I do there is always too much stuff.

I just came back from the farmers market and the thrift store. I need to go unpack things and do some garden work before it gets too hot. It will be 90 here today with humidity. YUCK.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - homemom on Jul 17 2009 08:25:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Daisyheart
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Linda
Macon Ga
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  09:40:20 AM  Show Profile
On that pattern 3068, what is the yardage required for the apron? I bought one off ebay today too and can't wait to get it. So, I thought I might go ahead and get the fabric if only I knew how many yards. Can anyone help?
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  03:31:01 AM  Show Profile
hi all just dropped in to say hi
i have been busy, with summer stuff and cleaning and painting and all that

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  08:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Linda who makes the apron pattern that you bought off of Ebay?

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  1:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Linda, If it's the McCalls I have it - I will check for you...
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  3:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
hey farmgirl sisters...
in case ya didn't see this I want to share...
truth is stranger than fiction and funnier!!!

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33837

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  10:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Linda, How funny! I would be mortified and change doctors if that happened to me!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  10:34:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi y'all,
It was nice to see the apron up again and running. I haven't been industrous like you gals have this summer.....The doc and I have been working on fibro pain levels. Come to discover, she told me that I didn't have to handle all the pain. Shockers, so now it is adjusting to the upped levels. It is doing better, now if I could only stop sleeping...lmbo.

It has been hotter than a pistol here. But it is normal for this time of year. Our hottest times are the last two weeks in July and the first couple of August. We have had lots of 90's already. My little garden is doing well, didn't do much this year, but having a wee one is making me smile.

Now sewing, gosh, haven't done any of it for so long, I am in major withdrawal. Now are we not suprized with that one.

STeph, you will figure it out and have the most amazing views ever up in your tree house.

Karin, you actually had sunshine, you know girl I would send you plenty if I could.

Ok, off to move water again. Yep, watering is my exercise and activity.....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  11:20:09 PM  Show Profile
Our temps. have been just under 100. Too hot for my body. The heat just wears me out.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  8:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Karin,

I'll hop over to look at your quilt. :0)

I'm so glad you had some sunshine and I know what you mean about being blinded by the sun after so many cloudy days. I know your daughter has had a fun time! I'd gasp if I had to find a spot to move MORE stuff right now..I know it will be a challenge finding a place for your son's stuff but I know you will enjoy him being there for a bit.

----------

Thomas was home for the weekend and arrived driving the LAST 16 foot truck of our stuff!! woohoo!!!!! This move has taken us 7 months..LOL Y'all remember during the winter each time we'd try to bring a truck it would start snowing or ice over.....what a relief to have all my junk in one spot again...I'm like a child in a candy store ripping boxes open to find stuff I have forgotten about or thought I didn't have any longer.

I heard from the carpenter this afternoon and it's a go on relocating the kitchen. :0) It's supposed to begin on Monday..Yeah Karin, it's kind of wasteful to not reuse my cabinets and appliances when there is nothing wrong with them.

I think the cabinets that will not be used in the new kitchen may fit in my laundry room downstairs. Considering all that has happened this year I could have found many reasons to NOT follow through with spending more $$$ but Thomas told me to do it..it's really not gonna cost very much to do it(compared to a new kitchen) and we gain a fabulous view that we will enjoy the rest of our lives.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  8:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue,

So glad to see you and I really hope the new meds and stuff will bring some much needed relieve. I'm still battling with my wretched feet!

----------

Hey Teresa, When do the kids go back to school??

----------

Ruth,

How's your hubby's job holding out..I know the bank was doing some outsourcing...And yes..the job market is very strained in certain areas. Remarkably, it seems that Thomas may have work til the end of this year or longer...how wonky can people get?!! We have just about had a nervous breakdown over them saying he's gonna lose his job and now they come back and say differently...we don't put too much stock into what we hear these days..we just proceed forward and enjoy life even in the face of the bizarre happening.

----------

Well on a note of an unbelievable deal!!! Everything being so expensive these days we have been pleasantly surprised by the community centers around here...we had been told we could join certain parts of the center and just pay for what we participate in. So I went into the Pigeon Forge community center..it was built in 2000 so is new and very well maintained.

Since we live in Sevier county we got the basic membership which includes the olympic sized indoor pool, the fitness center and walking track, racquetball and basketball courts....are you ready for this!....for $180.00 per year!!! I think that works out to less than $8.00 per person per month. They have many classes and you pay for them seperate but they are no more than $2 or 3 dollars each...they offer water aerobics so I'm thinking that would be good for me and my FEET!..also beginning Yoga, Pilates, fit for life and more that I don't think I could do.

There is also a bowling center attached...you can bowl for $2.50 per person.

So how about that? I've never lived anywhere that offered such nice community centers at such low prices....we have been told that Dolly Parton really puts her money back into her community..you know we live about 3 miles from the tiny house she grew up in..pretty cool....but I guess I've always thought she was a good hearted and generous lady. We are only 5 miles from Dollywood..haven't been yet..too many things to do here at home first.

So I guess that's my updates...more to come though..hahhahaa...hope everyone's week has started out to be a good one...

----------

Monica, I'll let you know when I get my package from you..I'll go check the mail tomorrow.

Hugs, Steph

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  10:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, if I had to pay only $2.50 to bowl, you would not see me on here much. The membership for all those perks is fantastic.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  04:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
wow Steph..you are so blessed!

I just lost half my income because I had Danny's money until he needed to go live somewhere else.
His money paid for my car and now it is gone.
I am in waiting list for downtown high rise because I need the services they have for shopping, activites and transportation.
I miss Danny boy and also lose money and a car. This is so hard for me as you can imagine.

I knew that eventually this would happen these last couple years...but when he would come back from a hospital visit I had to have a bedroom for him here. His dad has done what he can but he has his own family and job. To lose so much at once makes me sad..but not watch him sleep or play or cook for him everyday is the hardest.
It is time for me to get out when I can to find something to do with my skills and my mind.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:06:06 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I am so sorry to hear that you are going to such a rough time! I will keep you in my prayers. My heart just breaks for you with Danny! (((((((HUGS)))))))

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  11:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Steph~hubby's job is still hanging in there but he thinks it's only a matter of time before they let him go. They keep saying they will know more by 2010. It's scary but what can you do?

Linda~I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult time. Hoping things get better soon.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  11:44:07 PM  Show Profile
(((((linda)))))
and hugs to the rest of you
i will catch up with all of you later
i am going to bed to marathon pack tommorrow the girls go to camp on thurs morning
and school doesnt start till after labor day weekend(i hope i got that right cause memorial weekend was in may i think always mixing the two up)
love ya all

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  05:58:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey, you got it right. Labor Day weekend is in September. I remember when my sons were young, that school would start a week after Labor Day. The district then changed it, so that school would start right after Labor Day.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  06:36:28 AM  Show Profile
hey i dont mind as long as it doesnt start before labor day weekend

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  09:47:08 AM  Show Profile
I used to do a craft show on Labor Day weekend. The show was two hours away from home, up in the mountains. The traffic was so bad coming home, that we would drive to a nearby campground (had a pool and slides), and we would drive home sometime the following day. When the boys had to start school the day after Labor Day, it put a damper on things. We had to stop doing the show.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  6:23:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm melting, I'm melting, I'm melting........lol. I am not good in lots of heat and it is beginning to show. I think that I should just go set up a sprinkler and sit under it all day long.....the problem being, I would be burnt, and have very puckery skin by the time the day was done....lol.

Steph, yeah, you get to move the kitchen and good girl for recycling what you have. I have got to get over to your blog, I haven't done mine in a month of Sundays....lol. Yes, meds are slowly working, may have to have them take the amount down on the one, a bit too much I am thinking when I can't function all day. Will call in and see where we are at or if I just need to keep riding it out.

Linda, hugs, change is always a challenge in whatever form it comes.

Sharon, I think I would have avoided the traffic and had the kiddos go to school a little late that next day....nope, don't like lots of traffic. I am spoiled living where we are.

Ok, that sprinkler must be moved again. One of these days we might get to put a system in, then what would I do.....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  8:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I haven't bowled since I was a teenager but if I ever have the desire it is now affordable.

----------

Linda, it seems that the struggle continues..I'm just so sorry it has hit all areas of your life..please hang on..another door will open to take care of you. And yes please pursue the high rise..it sounds like you would have convenience there...I take that moving there would eliminate the great need for a car?? I will keep you in my prayers...there is a plan for you although I know it seems as if there isn't one right now.

----------

Ruth, Thomas is the same way right now...one week it seems he will have months of work and then other weeks what he hears is just the opposite...it's really become hard to stomach at times. I read very little of the news these days since I went into a complete meltdown months ago with what happened to us. I feel numb every time I read what the lastest *expenditures* of our government are!! 2010 seems to be a magic number with lots of people these days..Thomas was supposed to have work through December of 2010...time will tell that story. My magic number is 2012!!! Election time..LOL

----------

Monica, The patterns are great!

----------

Carol Sue, Well....let's see, you could come visit... then I could get something done one day and then the next day you can get something done... at the end of the week we will feel so accomplished!!! hehehehe

----------

I cannot believe how fast this year is going by...when y'all mentioned Labor Day I had to do a double take at my calender! Oh my gosh..I've got a lot to accomplish to have this place together before Christmas.

Talk to y'all later,
Steph

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  10:33:44 PM  Show Profile
It has been blazing hot here. Last Sunday it was 105, and this week the heat will be about the same.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page