Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of gray hair. I had my hair colored. Now, the woman told me that the colors that you see the samples are samples taken from light color hair (blonde). My hair is a medium brown by nature, but I had a lot of gray hair. I wanted my hair to look nice. Well, the woman told me that she would use a medium brown color on my hair. This is the first time that I had someone else color my hair. I got home and my family said, "Your hair is black!." Black is right. I called and talked to the woman who did my hair. She told me that I should just wash my hair with regular shampoo. Dark colors fade faster than the lighter colors. I told her, "If this medium brown, then I would hate to see what dark brown was." Next time, it will be a few shades lighter. I realized that when I colored my hair that I had the same problem. The color was always darker than the sample. I hate my hair color. It is still black, and I had it colored two weeks ago.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:34:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone what's up? It has been busy as usual around here! I have been working on yarn and getting ready to home school my 2 oldest ones this school year. On top of all of that I am trying to sort out all of my craft supplies and get rid of some stuff!

Linda, The picture of you and Danny is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it!

Sharon, Sorry to hear about the hair coloring!! I hope it will lighten up for you!

Steph, Can't wait to see pics of all of your projects! I still can't leave a message on your blog! I am thinking about signing up for Pink Saturday, but I am not sure I would be able to keep up with it! I have a new idea for art yarn now! Check out the topic about Brazilian Embroidery under this forum. One of the ladies put up a link to a site and they sell very fine boucle yarn for the embroidery so I was thinking of trying to spin some very fine threads and do them into boucle yarn! Do you see what you and Grace have started?????!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 12 2009 8:50:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:38:17 PM  Show Profile
Monica, how are things where you live? Yep, I am hoping that this hair lightens up. It is not as bad as when I got some hair color from a local store. My hair was a bright copper color. The hair sample showed a medium brown. I frantically washed and washed my hair. I wanted my hair to look nice for my mil's 90 birthday celebration. The hair was still bad, but not as bad as when I just colored it.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:45:06 PM  Show Profile
Sharon,

Buy a color stripping shampoo. I've seen them in Sally's Beauty Supply. That should get it to the shade you wanted to begin with! I've had that happen when I used to have mine foiled with blonde streaks...how they got brown out of the request for blonde I'll never know.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:47:33 PM  Show Profile
That is a good idea. It is such a big waste to pay to have it colored, and then it isn't right.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:55:23 PM  Show Profile
Yep, diddo on that! It pains me to no end to pay for something and have it WRONG..It's hard to find people that are really paying attention these days..LOL ...or it seems that way to me...

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:56:39 PM  Show Profile
Ok Monica, I'm headed over to find that link to see what you are getting into! hahaha

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  8:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Changing the subject. It was hot here today (almost 100). How hot is it there where you live?

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  9:02:33 PM  Show Profile
Well.....it was a blissful 84 degrees here today! I know I can't believe it either..it's the middle of JULY! It's over a 100 degrees in Memphis where Thomas is working..I keep waiting for it to get HOT.... May August is the month here for the extreme heat.

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  9:06:41 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Who would have known that. I thought that it at least it would be over 100 there.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  9:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Today, it was about 111 here! It hasn't been that bad here though! We usually have a lot more hotter days than we have had so far!

Steph, I have a million ideas now for mini boucle yarn!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  10:44:54 PM  Show Profile
On the topic of Birthdays!!! My brain is such a fog..I remember writing down everyone's birthday and then who know's what box it's still packed in.

I had my birthday on July 2...I'm now 51 and Linda, I will not be growing up! hahaha...I know there are other Cancers..

Sharon
Karin (electricdunce) and she's bad to hide the fact. :0)
Ronna (I'll email her to see when her's is..

Who else??

So maybe Karin will pop in and Sharon, tell us when yours is, again!

Are there any other birthday girls in July??

Steph

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Jul 12 2009 10:45:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  11:03:33 PM  Show Profile
I know that there are a few of us with birthdays this month. My birthday is Tuesday, and my oldest son's birthday is this Friday. Another year older, and hopefully another year wiser.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  1:41:55 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! How is everyone? I've been a bit busy with things. My dd is taking drivers ed. I've had to take her back and forth. My son has art class and he's loving that. I posted pictures of a vintage satchel I crocheted on my blog.

Monica~did you know that Carol had some Brazilian Embroidery on her blog? It was amazing. I just love it. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sharon~how are you? Happy Birthday!!! I color my own hair. I have too many grays. Starting getting really gray in my mid 20's-UGH!!

Linda~how are things going for you? I hope all is well. I loved your picture. Thanks for sharing it.

Steph~how's the house coming along. Some big projects are getting done there. How wonderful. I hope things are going well with you.

Hugs,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  5:49:18 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, Happy Birthday!

Ruth, I saw the Brazilian Embroidery on Carol's blog! It's really pretty. The A-Z Book of Thread painting is a good book. I am so glad that I have at least 9 years before any of mine will be taking drivers ed!!!!!

Steph, I got the sheet music today!!!! I will e-mail you about it!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  6:30:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank Ruth and Monica. We just got back from eating at a local Mexican restaurant. The restaurant sends me a $15.00 discount coupon every year for my birthday and another one for our anniversary.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:30:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon,
I hope you had a nice birthday!

Ruth, glad to hear from you..thanks for visiting my blog..I love comments! I really like the crocheted market bag.

Hope everyone is having a good week,
Steph

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:31:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh Monica...I'm so excited over the sheet music! Such a wonderful find...it's so nice to have personal shoppers..hehehehe

Steph

Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  12:48:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi y'all. Our weather is real nice. The sun is out and the temps are climbing again. Had a lot of rain last week but now it is great. Am waiting for a church friend, she is coming over for coffee and a chat, YAY!! And then off to do the mail and home again. Will be writing some letters to my mjf pen pals and then?? Who knows, lol.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  09:05:08 AM  Show Profile
Steph~I'm so glad I had a chance to stop in. I miss chatting with everyone. Good luck with your kitchen project.

Monica~what will you use the sheet music for? I can't wait to hear about it.

Marian~sounds like fun.

Not much happening here. I am doing some cleaning. I found some great things at the consignment shop and will post pics on my blog later.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  09:51:13 AM  Show Profile
Gals, my brother, sil, niece, and nephew are in town from Washington state. We had a nice visit at my older brother's house yesterday, going over old childhood memories. My brother and his wife took pictures of the houses that we used to live in. The one house where I lived with my dad, stepmother, and family until I got married, is now an ugly old house, and the old Victorian home next to our old house has gone downhill, and so has the neighborhood. The house next door used to be so beautiful inside and out.

On Saturday, my brother and his family will get to visit our mom in the rehabilitation center. My mom can't wait to see her son, dil, and the grandchildren that she has never met before.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  11:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, The sheet music is for Steph!! As she said I am becoming her personal shopper. She is going to decoupage her bedroom with them!

Dutchy, Hi!! It's nice to hear from you! I am glad you are having good weather! Today it's only 102 which isn't bad for the desert, but it's humid so it's kind of yucky and sticky the minute you step outside!!

Steph, Only for you!!!

Sharon, I hope you have a wonderful time visiting!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 16 2009 11:21:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  1:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Thomas left at 11pm last night with the last 16 foot truck full of our stuff. He arrived around 8am this morning and slept for several hours and now he's starting to unload the truck...the downer this time is everything has to go into the lower level and there's just no easy way to do it..he's using the handcart as much as possible to roll it down the slope onto the lower porch.

All we can say right now is "It's finally over!!!!" everything has been moved now except his recliner and a table that's in the apartment we rent while he's still working in Memphis...if or when the job ends he will be able to leave without a burden of hauling too much stuff home. It has taken us 7 months since the closing on the house to get it all moved!!

Yep, Monica, is now added to my "personal shopper" list..hehehe..it's so nice to know ladies in other areas of the US...now I know I can always find anything I'm looking for.

Ronna is my other personal shopper..that lady has at least one of everything I do believe!

Let me go see what I can do to help around here..I feel so bad when it's stuff that I can't handle and Thomas has to do so much. I think if we had to do this over again it would kill us off for sure!

Y'all have a great day..I'll check in later,
Steph

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  1:43:35 PM  Show Profile
Steph~moving is never fun. I dread the day we have to do it again. The only good thing is I tend to purge like crazy. I have been purging here forever it seems. I have sent so many things to the local Savers.

Got some good cleaning done and I'm happy about that. It's cloudy here and rained a little bit ago. It's been sunny here for almost a week and that has been nice.

Sharon~glad you had a good time. How nice for your mom to see the grandkids.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2009 :  2:58:55 PM  Show Profile
My mom can't wait to see everyone. She will be surprised at how much her youngest son has changed since she saw a lonnnnnng time ago.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page