Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  08:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Great Picture.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  09:10:55 AM  Show Profile
LInda, what a great picture - you can see how happy both you and Danny are to be together!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  3:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I'm glad ya like the pic. I enjoy seeing how happy we are to see each other. When he runs to greet me he almost knocks me down with a big hug! We will be able to see him often as he earns more priviledges at the new place. The paperwork and process is slow and can be frustrating...but it will all work out fine.

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  12:58:31 PM  Show Profile
What a great picture Linda!! You look radiant together.

I got my tea cozy from Jessica!! You have to see it. What a great job she did too. It's on my blog.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  07:09:07 AM  Show Profile
Our old water heater had leaked back in February, but the leaking stopped until last week. This time the leaking was more steady, as we had buckets collecting all of the water. We bought a new water heater, which is like a tankless. Yesterday, the old water heater was removed and the task began with putting in the new water heater. Dh and sons will hopefully get it all finished. There are new regulations for the new water heater, so it requires a lot more. We may be without hot water until next weekend, so when I need hot water for doing dishes, I will have to heat up the water on the stove. For right now we have water-cold water.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  07:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
That might be the cutest tea cozy I have ever seen! Love it!

quote:
Originally posted by sewgirlie

What a great picture Linda!! You look radiant together.

I got my tea cozy from Jessica!! You have to see it. What a great job she did too. It's on my blog.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  11:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh...Sharon are ya taking cold showers??

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  2:29:55 PM  Show Profile
That is the only thing that will be cold. Brrrr.....

Dh was trying to re-route the water pipe to the house. As he was taking apart the old pipe, he didn't notice that the pipe broke elsewhere. So....dh had the water turned back on, and we had a geyser in the garage. Problem is now solved. I am glad that this didn't happen after the new water heater was put in.

BTW...Our water pipes were put underground when they built this home. The water cools off so quickly. I have had my fair share of cold showers, so this wouldn't be anything new. I just prefer HOT showers. Sometime, we plan on putting a tankless in the attic, and re-routing the water pipe, so that we the water doesn't take so long to warm up.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  2:30:58 PM  Show Profile
I am still waiting for my apron from Jess. She has so many things on her plate.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  2:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Speaking of aprons!
check this out!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollylovesart/3587949890/

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  05:38:37 AM  Show Profile
Where is everyone? I couldn't figure out why I haven't received any e-mails, and now I know why. It is too quiet here.

We have skunk problems. The skunks are getting in our backyard, and our dog met his first skunk last Sunday. I have given our dog two baths, and he is fine, then he isn't. I thought that I could sleep in this morning, but the skunk odor is too strong (coming from our side yard-which is close to our bedroom).

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  06:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Sharon, I'm sorry to hear you folks have been skunked. My friend, who lives in a busy suburb, wound up having her dog meet her first skunk last week too. Strangely, for our rural area, we have neither seen or smelled any locally yet this year. Very unusual for us.

~April
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  09:52:00 AM  Show Profile
This morning the skunk smell was so bad, that I wound up sleeping on the sofa in our living room. We get them every year. They dig up our front yard looking for bugs.

I like animals but not skunks.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  10:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
Well it's pretty bad when they drive you out of your own bed! Yikes! (On the other hand, that Pepe Le Pew was the cutest little cartoon...)

~April
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  10:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Skunk smell wakes me up several times in a year...never get used to it but I pray to get back to sleep..sometimes not so easy...phewwwww
can a person ever get used to it???

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  11:01:33 AM  Show Profile
Pepe was cute. I especially liked the cartoons where the cat has a painted stripe on her back.

I need to put something to prevent them from coming under the fence.
Yeah, the smell was horrible and STRONG!

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  1:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I just saw the Russian stack doll tea cozy...adorable!! Where did she get the idea?? Sooooo cute!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  08:57:48 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! No skunk smell outside last night. I put large rocks in front of the wood fence, where I think they were coming in. We still have a metal gate on the other end of the house. Hopefully, they don't come in that way. I was going to check to see if there were new holes out front. I filled in all of the holes that they dug.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  08:27:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh, being "skunked" is awful! Jess got it last year late at night. I remember her husband going to buy Hydrogen Peroxide to bathe the dog.

I just wanted to drop by to say I'm still alive. I've been consumed with remodeling work in progress since I got moved into our new home. I'll be posting pictures at my blog soon. I'll let y'all know when so you can take a peek. :0)

I've also improved my studio with a lot of new windows to bring in the views. Now that they are in I can start cleaning and get serious about an arrangement.

Hope you have a great day,
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:09:49 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, glad to hear from you. It is so quiet here. We haven't heard from Naomi and her mom. I wonder if they sold the house and are busy with a new one. I check on Jesse's site, but she doesn't post on her blog much either. Same with Bev.

Where is everyone else? I have been busy. We still do not have any hot water. Dh was told that he may have to change out our gas meter and the gas pipe from the meter. The gas company will let us know, but they can not come out until July 13th. YIKES!

Our house smells better, but I can still smell a little of the skunk smell on our dog.

I have been busy with my sewing business making special custom aprons for customers and recording all of the donations (sweatshirts, denim shirts, etc.) since the apron part of the business has taken over. Dh keeps finding more sweatshirts and denim shirts. It has become a joke around here. When I think that all of the sweatshirts and denim shirts have been documented for tax purposes and donated, then dh finds more.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  06:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Where is everyone??? Playing in the dirt for the summer???
I miss ya'll!!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  08:02:49 AM  Show Profile
Well, I know that a lot of the gals are busy. I am going to visit my mother today.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  5:56:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone, I'm here!! Not playing in the dirt this year though...lots of remodeling going on in the new house. Now we are entertaining the idea of moving the kitchen to another wall! LOL

It happens to be on the wall that has the big mountain view...I've added 7 feet of new windows to that wall so far..if the kitchen is moved to the wall that backs up to the staircases then I could add another 10 feet of windows....I'm talking to my carpenter about it in the morning.

I would be reusing or recycling everything so the expense will be mostly labor...I'm not a woman that wants one of those $50,000 kitchens..give me my microwave, steamer and convection oven and I'm in business!

So what's everyone been up to??

Steph

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Jul 12 2009 5:57:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  6:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I would love to have a view of the mountains. We have mountains, but no windows that we can see them through. Most of our windows are facing east and west.

I wouldn't want a $50,000 kitchen either. Some day, we want to remodel. I think that I would be old and gray when that happens.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  6:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon,

Well I have my days that I feel *old and gray*...since I have these gray streaks now! The cabinets and appliances are fine so why spend the money on all that again when I can reuse it? Most women I talk to want to gut it and start over with everything.

I don't won't the debt connected to doing that, ya know....I'm all for using what I've got.

Hope you had a good visit with your mom.

Steph

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Jul 12 2009 6:27:04 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page