Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  9:02:24 PM  Show Profile
I am officially and finally caught up reading. Yipppeee, have missed you gals but busy around here.....doing what you ask? Nothing, absolutely nothing, for right this moment. LOL

Happy Belated 2 year Anniverary to us apronistas!!!!! Wow, quite an accomplishment huh Steph!!!!

Carol I had to laugh about you being a rebel when putting on those stickers that say "In God we trust" but like you say, enough is enough.

Linda so sorry about Danny, glad that you have the puppy to keep you company. Jack Russells are quite the energitic ones at that.

Monica, laughing at the getting ahead with any kind of clean up, seems I clean out one little part and other things multiply when I am not looking. Especially right now with trying to do clean up outside and still get a wee bit done inside!!!! Also Happy Belated Birthday girl.

Karin, hope the pain is better, sure do understand. I have to say I would be doing more than gagging with that tumeric!!!! Your string quilt was beautiful, I loved all the colors!!!! I can just see you out there working in the yard smelling like grape stinky cigars...lmbo.

Autumn, You are getting your produce from you garden and I am just planting a few things....
You sure have been going like crazy girl, one of these days you are going to have to steal a few moments to breath!!!!!
I wish I could help you with horse siloutte but no luck here girl....

Steph, it sounds like you are having quite the time in your "tree house". Having your honey suprize you last weekend must have been grand girl, and then you get him this weekend too in your new home. I bet you are just loving it.

Ruth you have been busy as well. YOu can certainly tell spring is here on here, as we all hustle to and fro to get things done.

Hey Lanna, those years do go by fast but when you are doing all those diapers it certainly doesn't seem like it.

Ronna will certainly be thinking of your grandson looking for the job. Does this mean he is closer to you now? So how is your weekend going?

My weekend consists of pet sitting for daugher and niece. Aren't I just so exciting, that and removing damaged plants that this winter damaged. It split plants down to their roots, like my butterfly bush, a honesuckle and more. We had snow and so much so fast and so heavy. Didn't realize how much it did until the last couple of weeks. Ahhh, good thing I like to play in the dirt!!!!

I think we went from winter to summer with a tiny touch of spring. It is 80's here which is really early. We even turned on the ac for a bit today. Shockers!!!!!!

I wish I could say I have been doing marvelous things, nope, just the everyday ordinary which makes up my life. It is a good life. I did learn how to crochet a rug, have a tiny start on it. Pretty good for me, because I have never crocheted in my life. It will be the project I take with me in 3 days when I go over to visit family and help. Have family going into surgery, so will be there for that, and by accident my dad's 75th birthday. Now that was pretty cool. So running around here like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get the bit of yard work that has to be done before I go.

I think the most challenging event this summer is the fact that they are redong the main runaway at the airport, which means for the next 4 months we have the jets flying over us at tree level. They are incredibly loud. Gonna be a long summer.
So planning on some get aways at my nieces, she wants to learn how to sew so shall be interesting....grin.

Hope all you gals are having a grand weekend....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  9:09:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I've been so busy revamping most of the yard and garden that I haven't been doing much else! Also, Husband had to have another surgery on his eye so he still can't see very well for now...it's been almost 4 years! But the doctors are positive that once this surgery heals he can wear glasses and finally see well again.

I did design a new header and background for my blog page and turned it into a 3 column........(thanks, Steph for giving me the tutorial link). I also organized my photos on my photography page and made a new header for that, too. Stop by when you have time and let me know what you think of the new look......

Hope you all have a great weekend! (I'll finally be planting my garden tomorrow...better late than never, right? LOL)

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  4:48:48 PM  Show Profile
So, what is everyone up to today? I finally got some yarn listed under Marketplace! If you get a chance to check it out, please let me know what you think!

Carol Sue, I know exactly what you mean about cleaning one spot and other places multiply! Glad you got caught up an reading!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  08:13:50 AM  Show Profile
Linda: I am so sorry about Danny, but it was the best thing for both of you, I am sure. You did a great job with him, and now it is time for you to be healthy and whole.

It is a great weekend here. Lots of sun and warm air. My plants are growing nicely (did lose a few to bacterial wilt though!) and we have eaten all the radishes already. Time to plant new ones today.

Only a month to go, and no more school for a few months. Happy day!! Love the job, but this year was very difficult (not really the kids, even!!LOL).

We will have the Military Channel on all day to see the stories about the vets and the soldiers whenever we come inside. Just saw a show called Wounded Warriors a few minutes ago. What a sacrifice these soldiers make for us all. I try to remember that every day.

Have a great day!!! XXOO

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  08:44:25 AM  Show Profile
Karin: Just read all of your news about your friend's son and the other issues they are having. My heart breaks for them all. What sadness. Hope you are feeling good today though.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  8:44:51 PM  Show Profile
HELLO! Where is everyone today? It has been awfully quiet around here lately! I have been up to the same old thing of cleaning and spinning! FUN, FUN, FUN!! At least the spinning is!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  11:11:46 PM  Show Profile
hi gals i know i have fallen off of the earth
its just been one thing after another.
i will read and try to catch up later for now i am going to bed
and monica i have not forgotten about my lovely fibers i owe you for, will email you hopefully tommorrow

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  2:47:17 PM  Show Profile
Gals, you should check out the chicken coop that Jess and her family built. It is the coolest that I have seen. Those chicks are so lucky.

Now, I know why she has not been on much.

http://funsizefarm.blogspot.com/

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  08:25:40 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!!

It's been quiet here. I'm guessing we're all busy. We have had crappy weather again this week. Cold and raining. Not fun. I need sun.

I do love Jess's coop. I would love that in my yard as my hideaway.

I have been busy reorganizing and cleaning out school stuff. Hubby bought me a new bookcase that I love from IKEA. I just love that place. I put pictures on my blog.

I also planted all the rest of the plants in my garden. They seem to be doing well. I can't wait until they grow. I made more yummy bread yesterday. We are hooked on this stuff. The starter just gets better and better.

Miss chatting with everyone. I hope you are all well. Jess, Autumn, Bev, Steph, Karen, Carrie, Lanna, Monica, Sharon, Teresa, Carol Sue, Ronna, Linda, Carol~miss you all~hope I didn't miss any names. I think of you all the time.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - homemom on May 28 2009 08:26:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  10:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Second day of rain and cold and I am feeling really cranky, besides my usual complaints. I know we needed the rain, but I was SO enjoying the bits of sunshine we'd had lately.

The trees are almost all out now and the canopies on the roads near my house are just so beautiful. My idea of a good time is just a ramble on my favorite back roads and any new ones I spot. When the summer traffic arrives and the roads get really busy, i always go the back way everywhere...you see the most interesting things.Zan and I spotted a couple of really sweet old graveyards we're going to visit some sunny day.

I have made such a colossal mess of my sewing area, I need to organize the mounds of strips, blocks, bits and pieces I've been pulling out for weeks.Last night I couldn't sleep so I stayed up until about three thirty putting together the leftover big nine patch blocks I had into the most yaha top . I love it, just a simple pattern, beautiful colors, of course , once again, I've only finished the top....I did manage to finish a tiny crazy quilt thingy last night. I'll take a picture when i see my camera again....

I keep thinking I'm going to be baking bread too, Ruth, but so far I just get inspired reading of others' exploits in the baking arena. There is nothing better than fresh bread, the smell is so delicious. I should make a car scent thing, a slice of bread you could angle from your rear view mirror
But then I don't believe in dangling things from my mirror anyway. I am always amazed at the sometimes human head size collection of crap people have dangling in front of them when they are driving....

Hope everyone uis doing well today

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  12:39:55 PM  Show Profile
It isn't too bad here today temperature wise. What a change from the weather we had earlier. I have been sewing for a customer, and still going through things to donate. We have one organization picking up things today and another one will pick up tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be bring some peace in this household. I can not donate too much to one place as there is a cap on donation value for taxes.

I have been donating all of the denim shirts, etc. that I used to applique on and anything that I don't need for my business. Dh finally went through his side of the closet and pulled out shirts for donation. I wasn't going to touch his clothing. I have gone through my closet and did the same as my husband. There are some things that I am holding on to, but may donate them in the future as well.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  2:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies! It's good to see someone around! It's been very quiet around here the past few days! At least it's not much to catch up on!

Karin the oversized collection of stuff hanging is dangerous and ridiculous looking too! No fuzzy dice in my car! Although I like the bread scented air freshener idea!

Well I am off to the post office! I actually had another sale on etsy! If any of you get a chance, I listed some yarn under Marketplace so let me know what you think! I don't mean to sound grouchy but out of all of the ladies that have looked at it, only one person left a comment! It would be nice even a few people would say it was pretty or something! Oh well don't mean to complain!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  3:18:17 PM  Show Profile
Monica, I just ran my eyes over your etsy site again. That berry yarn is just gorgeous, the color is so pretty. Your silk thread is lovely as well, what does it mean when you say soy silk? I've never encountered that before...Just wondering,

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  3:32:47 PM  Show Profile
Karin, It's from what is left when they make Tofu! Here is a better explanation on Grace's etsy site! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=17966583 Thank you very much for letting me know what you think! I am trying to get more yarn done so that I can buy some more wool!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 28 2009 3:33:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  12:49:40 AM  Show Profile
ok
so things are really interesting around here gals
the neighbor has had cps called on them and scraps(pound) and they show up at our house looking for them and now they are blaming it all on us. uggh if its not one thing its another i tell you
so i am trying to focus on better things
like gardening, i went to dig up some grass to plant some new little flowers and the ground was soooo hard, i had to soak it and am waiting to retry tommorrow. woohoo for the weekend. gonna have some time with the family can you believe as of tommorrow it will only be two weeks until summer vacation. boy does time fly

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  08:38:36 AM  Show Profile
Our ex-neighbor had his house foreclosed on and for some reason the detectives were looking for him. Well, one morning at a little past 5 am, the detectives came knocking at the neighbor next to the foreclosed house. They do make mistakes, and I can see why the neighbor thought that you had called on them. It just makes it so much more tense when the officials go to the wrong house.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  11:34:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon,
Sounds like a bit more than foreclosure took place for detectives to be showing up.

Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  1:19:18 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I know Stephanie. The neighbor also had a travel agency business. He was nice, but checks bounced on a regular basis. All I knew at the time was the foreclosure, and that he and his children broke in to the house to get things out, even things that belonged in the house. The house was a total disaster. The woman who bought the house fits so well in our neighborhood. She really made the house look nice inside, and is working on the outside. Our neighbor is a costume designer and has designed for movies and theater. She had a breakfast tea for all the women on the block. Most of our neighbors have been neighbors for a long time, but everyone is so busy, that no on really has a chance to talk to each other in a while.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  06:08:43 AM  Show Profile
Wow, where has everyone been???
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  09:01:40 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am stuck to my sewing machine, trying to get special apron orders done. I know, I know, I can't be sewing if I am replying here. I am just taking a little break.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  11:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I was wondering too where everyone was...but this is farming time I guess!
Anyone want to see a new pic of my Danny boy and me??

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  10:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I was just wondering how Danny and you were making out!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  1:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

this was taken about a week ago...in his hospital room...this time he will be transferred to a longer term Residential...for a few months.
We are happy to see each other.

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  2:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Cute and it shows you were happy to see each other. Lovely pic

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  9:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Cute picture Linda.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page