Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  5:11:14 PM  Show Profile
Lanna: You will be done with all those diapers before you know it. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but one day you will be like, "Hey, I don't wash 100 diapers a day anymore!"

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  5:50:22 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!!!!!I hope it was a good one!!!
Still playin' catch up around here.
Yes Ruth- the kids are moved in- Ill do pictures when the boxes all get unpacked!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  6:00:12 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!! Hugs Carrie

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  6:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Monica, PINK and Berry Purple..you're killin me here!!!! yes, I've gotta see it..you know that!

Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Monica! Hope you are having a wonderful day. I can hardly wait to see the pictures of your new yarn combinations, they sound like they will be dazzlers.

Sun was out all day here, but I woke up early with the pain patrol set on high so it has been a long day. Things just don't get done when I feel like this and I find that so frustrating. Had to go get a few groceries, and I spent a few minutes oohing and aahhing over the little packs of flowers, I really want to get some impatiens for the shady corner of my front yard. They always have such sweet colors and just keep pumping out the blossoms...

I got a phone call today from an old friend of mine. Her thirty year old son died in his sleep on a visit home last october and it took six months before they discovered the cause, it was an undiagnosed heart condition. We must have talked for an hour. Her brother is one of my dearest firends and she called to talk about him. Their mom died several years ago from Huntington's, a truly horrible disease. David has been exhibiting symptoms for a few years now, but no one had really broached the subject with him, and when my friend and her son finally spoke to him about it, he didn't believe them. Oh, my heart hurts. I had been thinking of calling my friend so many times to ask if she thought David was starting his journey with Huntington's, but so many things have gone on for Brenda this last year i just couldn't manage the courage to do it. Brenda has four children, and no one knew what the Huntington's was until their mom was diagnosed six years ago, so of course I'm sure she worries about it happening to her as well. We managed to end up laughing, a sense of humor being the one life skill I still have. I'm very tired tonight.

Well, enough of that. Sheryl-lyn, your hen is obviously quite the genius, it made me think of the time I came downstairs in the middle of the night in my old house to find a raccoon trying to lug an eighteen pound bag of cat food out through the cat door. I would much rather have a hen visit for just a little snack....I looked at your quilt again for a bit today, it is just so beautiful, the reds are just glowing...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

Edited by - electricdunce on May 20 2009 05:50:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:25:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! It has been a quiet day, but a good one!

Steph, I am really not trying to come up with combos you can't resist!! After I dyed the purple, the water was blue and I thought instead of dumping it I would try to dye some Romney and it came out a nice blue! I know I should not even say this, but I also dyed some with what was left from the pink so of course I had to dye some purple! What colors don't you like? I will do some of those next!

Karin, So sorry to hear about friend's son and brother! I will keep them in my prayers!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 19 2009 7:26:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  9:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Karin, my stepmom told me some time back that Huntingtons runs in her family and she was concerned about getting it. I think she wanted someone in this end of the family to know "just in case".
If her grandson doesn't make her a basket case, nothing will! The short hair, goody two shoes liar who has her fooled into believing he's "the perfect teenager".
Keeping busy here, son was her for 3 days and grandson still here. I'll take him to his new apt with his best buddy in a day or two. And then hope he finds a job-not easy these days.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  06:03:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls- I hope this is as beautiful a morning where you are as it is here!!!
I need a little help- I'm trying to come up with a baby quilt idea for my next grand-boy ,due in August. DD doesn't like light colored baby-ish themes so Im thinking of a classic western theme- I have an idea for a sillhouette of a horse appliqued over a piecework western theme- here's what I need from you!!!
Anybody have a pattern or site that I might be able to fine tune in this direction?
My creativity is kinda low and so is my energy right now- so if you have alink to similar themes it sure would save me having to search it out.
Thanks girls- youre the best!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  06:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, you may want to check out equilter.com for a fantastic selection of theme fabrics. Cowboys are always "in".
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  07:10:41 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, I wished that I knew where my appliqued horse pattern. I did a search for a silhouette image of a horse.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=horse+silhouette&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  3:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

I put this pic on the Fashion topic....but I wanted to share it here too!
I love this dress! I don't know what it would look like on me...but if it's cool and comfy for summer..I'll sew it and wear it!
Anyone else like it?? I would have to buy the pattern..it is so different that I couldn't design it without a pattern.
Linda
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  6:33:51 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I like the pattern a lot!

Karin, I'm so sorry you are having a painful day..such a downer when you have other *better* things to do!! I hate to hear about these dreadful diseases that attack us to where we live a miserable existance and create such a burden for those that care for us..I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend. I agree wholeheartedly that the one life skill that I continue to hang on to is a sense of humor!!

Autumn, I do have a pattern that may work for you...I'll email you.

Monica, sadly, other than bright yellow I don't think there is a color that I'll pass up so just keep on dyeing......I'm a color junkie!!

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  7:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Linda- I have a pattern very similar to that in one of my Japanese sewing books. It's on my list to make as soon as I lose a few lbs. :) It's cute as a button!!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  9:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I like that pattern! It does look very comfortable! I am in the midst of sorting fabric so I should have some on it's way to you soon!

Steph, I don't know how much bright yellow I can do and sell! I am going to be getting 5 more fleeces soon so I will be very busy dyeing and spinning away! Your package will go out first thing tomorrow morning and I will give you the tracking #! I am so sorry I didn't get it out today! Our mail goes out at 11:00am and I spaced the time and the next thing I knew it was after 11:00! I was having just too much fun cleaning! Not!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  12:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello! Ladies~

It is gorgeous and warm here today. In the 80's. I think I should be able to put all my plants out this weekend.

Does anyone have any big plans for this holiday weekend? We really don't.

Today we had a meeting to plan our homeschool coop for next year and the kids had a class this afternoon. I just got home a few minutes ago and wanted to say hello to everyone.

There are dishes in the sink and I need to run the dishwasher. I guess I should get busy doing those things. It's just much more fun to sit here chatting with all of you.

Monica~Wow~big clean out over your way. You are a busy girl.

Karin~I hope you are feeling better today.

Linda~that's a great pattern.

Autumn~can't wait to see pics of the house. Hope everyone is well there. Your granddaughter must be getting so big. Sorry~I can't help with any quilt ideas. I am yet to try one.

Ronna~made some awesome loaves of bread yesterday with my starter. I sent one to my mom's house and now she wants some. She loves it. Hope your grandson can find a job soon.

Sharon~sorry to hear about the fabric fiasco. Men just don't understand that.

Joanne's flyer came in today. I still have some money on my mother's day gift card. I will have to take a look and see what goodies I must get.

I guess I should go clean up the kitchen and marinate the chicken for supper. I bought a sesame garlic sauce to marinate them and grill them. YUM!

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  1:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Monica,

It's ok..it'll get here..I've never been a fan of yellow unless it's a very soft *on the eyes* color or the deeper golden shades.

I'm still in mass disorganization around here...I guess I've got to call the carpenter..he said he'd call by end of last week. NOT..LOL The painter that did come and give me a price has a month's waiting list..so I figured that would give me the time to figure out what really will get painted. I keep coming back to decoupaging my kitchen (very little sheetrock) and my bedroom...not so small but it would look so neat I think and I would save alot of money on paint and labor.

Don't know if I told y'all the heat and air guy resurrected the air conditioner..replaced a few parts and I'm good to go..A new system is gonna have to be put in but I'm wanting to get through this summer before biting that bullet!

Thomas is on his way home...he was held up in interstate traffic for over an hour due to an 18 wheeler having a bad wreck..he said LARGE trees were broken in half and dirt was all over the interstate..I always wonder if the driver fell asleep..that happens so often.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Steph

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  8:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ruth, glad you're enjoying the starter. Share it freely, the more the merrier :)
Grandson put in applications everywhere he can walk or skateboard to from where he'll be living. Only one, a pizza place, said they needed someone. Hopefully, something will happen. Hard time for being out of work. He's shy and not assertive, which is just his nature. Better than being an obnoxious jerk :)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  1:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Howdy everyone...Danny boy is in the hospital again...
He won't come home to live with me again :-( he is just too dangerous. I finally asked my Dr. to write a letter for me stating my illnesses and that I cannot take care of a disabled child any longer.

I really think it's our society...everyone can be sick or need help EXCEPT a mother....a mother is supposed to take care of others and not acknowlege SHE doesnt' feel good...
grrrr
My doctor put it in her words about the vertigo, gait problem and disk disease that require me to use a walking cane. She states that I am at risk of getting injured. Wow to read that sounds like it's a miracle that I was able to take care of him for 8 years! I don't have to use the walking cane all of the time but I am not sure if Dr. knows that. I'll be missing Danny but yesterday and today I am relaxed and relieved that he is there where they can chase him and also restrain him.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Edited by - yarnmamma on May 22 2009 1:07:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  3:39:27 PM  Show Profile
((((((Linda)))))) Big Hugs I am sure that was difficult but likely best for all concerned.

http://cinnamongirlsthreads.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  4:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
thanks so much Carrie....

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  5:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Linda, What a tough thing to do, but it really sounds like it's for the best! I will keep both of you in my prayers!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  06:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
This puppy is too strong and my back is hurt again..surprised at how strong she is. I can easily sell her and get my money back to get the tiny puppy that I can handle. I am very happy to see there are some affordable in the paper.
It will be so nice to have a "baby" doggie for me to take care of. A young puppy is the best because they can be taught. I just know that things are going to work out good after all.

I'm going to turn the Sat cartoons on now... :-D... I'll go shopping for cute puppy toys today too and we will play as much as we can.

Ok..now tell us what ya'll are doing! What is everyone else here up to today???

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  06:49:34 AM  Show Profile
Linda, My heart goes out to you, and to Danny as well. You know your limits and I know you have made the right decision. The hardest thing to do is often the absolutely necessary one. You be good to yourself, and enjoy your puppy.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  10:42:19 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies! I am cleaning this morning and then I am going to spin some yarn! I have a few done that I am going to try and list on Marketplace today!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  10:53:00 AM  Show Profile
I am going great guns today - made 4 mos worth of laundry soap, cleaning, getting the tablecloths all washed up for the wedding and running the old canning jars we are using for flowers thru the dishwasher, scrubbed the patio furniture. Last night I made a new canopy for my swing using the old one for a pattern, got it almost done and ran out of velcro. Next I'm off to make bath salts and sachet envelopes for the bridal shower....and it's only SAT - I still have two more days off work and to myself!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page