Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  9:13:31 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I can so relate to men and fabric right now! My hubby didn't dump any of mine, but he wants me to get rid of a bunch, which on one hand is not that bad because I have been trying to sort through it and clear some out! The problem is that he wants it done last week and he also generously offered to let me use my money from selling my fabric to buy the wool I have been looking at and that will be my birthday present along with going to see star trek this week, which I am totally not into, but he wanted to see it! I sat and spun yarn in the movie theater! Grrrrrrr!!! Don't get me wrong, I adore my hubby, but sometimes he just makes me want to scream!

Steph, Send me an application too!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  9:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Karin, You can get turmeric already in tablets or if you go to a health food store you can get empty capsules and they have these nifty little trays that you put the capsules in and fill them! It probably would be much cheaper to fill them on your own! I have found that if you buy spices at the health food store they are way less expensive than at the market!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  01:21:33 AM  Show Profile
I hear you Monica. My goal this year was to go through things, and get rid of things that I don't need anymore. I have been doing that and have donated plenty of items to the San Fernando Rescue Mission and the Disabled Vets. My husband asked me a week ago to go through the fabric, which I began doing that day. I was planning on sewing since my oldest son was away on a trip, and the other son was busy. When my husband wants us up in the morning, when we have the right to sleep in for once, is to run the vacuum cleaner. My husband wanted me and both of our sons up this morning, so he ran the vacuum cleaner in two of the rooms, and made as much noise as he possibly could. When we don't respond, then he tries something else.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on May 17 2009 01:23:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  07:30:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Second Anniversary to us and the Apron topic!!!!![/

Hope everyone's day has started out good!

Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  10:04:11 AM  Show Profile
Steph, Hope you are having a wonderful day also! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  3:56:24 PM  Show Profile
YAY!! Happy anniversary to us all!!

I finally posted that quilt I told you all might be my best. I am wondering if I should hand or machine quilt it. I would not want to over-do it, so what do you think?

Tonight I made chicken soup since it was so awfully cold and dreary here. The weather is supposed to get much warmer within a few days. Hey, I got radishes from the garden today.

Sharon: Ignore men when they are grumpy and they will go away. Sorry about the fabric pile though!! Yikes!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  7:06:52 PM  Show Profile
I try to ignore. It isn't always easy to do.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  12:17:34 PM  Show Profile
What is everyone up to today? It's very quiet around here lately! Hope you are all having a great day!

It is HOT HOT HOT here today! I am about ready to go sit in the kid's pool!

Isaiah only has 3 more days of school left and then he's out for the summer!! I can't wait! Please pray I can get things set up by July-August to home school! I really want to do it! I just think it would be so much of a learning atmosphere to have him and his sister than to have him in a classroom with 24 other kids!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  12:34:40 PM  Show Profile
Monica it is hot here today, but I know that it isn't as hot as it is where you live.

I did shopping, but I am going to do some sewing. I need to go through the fabric again and re-do everything before my husband got his hands on it.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  1:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, Mine is still bugging me to "get rid of all of it"! I try to be respectful of my hubby's wishes, but that goes overboard! I do need to sort it out though because it has gotten so stacked up in containers that I can't find anything anyway!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  2:37:54 PM  Show Profile
I just walked into the house to find out that one of my hens was walking around the pantry helping herself to dogfood!! She was not even nervous when I came inside! There is a picture of her on my blog. What a riot.

It is nice here this afternoon after a dreary day all day again.

Sharon: I know it is very hard to ignore someone who is being a pain in the neck. My dad used to tell me to ignore my brother so he would stop, but that was impossible!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  4:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Silly chicken. No, make that a smart chicken, to come in and help herself. Good thing all of them didn't follow her. I'm glad your labs don't bother them. My yellow did and I know the chocolate will too..she stalks the doves and quail here.
Quilt is beautiful Sheryl-lyn. As are all you make, and you're so good at getting them done.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  4:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Monica, I did have the fabric organized by theme. The thing is that when the fabric is mixed up, then I don't have any idea what is in there. I labeled the containers that are organized by theme.

This is what I was doing with the fabric in the bedroom. I had a lot of the fabric sorted by theme, or fabrics that I would use together. That is all but gone now. Dh didn't think that I had it organized.

Sheryl-lyn, I know what you mean about ignoring someone. It is hard to ignore my husband when he goes through these phases. He is loud, loud, loud.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on May 18 2009 4:38:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  7:27:12 PM  Show Profile
Well, Sharon, I hope you can get it organized again soon. How frustrating it must have been to see it all jumbled up.

Ronna: Glad you like my quilt. I love the colors so much, even if it is a little bright.

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  7:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl- that hen was too cute!!!! ANd the quilt??/ I have no words!!!! It's is so wonderful !So much detail.

Well as usual I am on a "purging" binge- my house has been out of order for so long that now I want to get rid of EVERYTHING- except of course sewing stuff!!!!

I got the entire downstairs clean today and the laundry is caught up- tomorrow the upstairs and sewing room!!!!
We have eaten some cucumbers,tomatoes and peppers fron the garden- mmmmmm!!! So good!!!
Hope you are all having a great day!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  09:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone!! I hope you are all having a wonderful day! I am washing laundry and dyeing yarn! Steph, the next yarn I am doing is white Romney blended with lavender/ pink and green silk! I think it would be really pretty like the variegated that you suggested!

Hubby wants to take me to see Terminator tonight for my birthday! I love him, but how come all my "presents" are things he wants to do! I have a plan though! I am buying him fleece for his birthday! Sounds good to me!

Sheryl-lyn, I love the pics on your blog! How funny it must have been to come home to! The quilt is really pretty!

Autumn, My house is the same way and I am "purging" too! I took 6 bags of stuff to the thrift store and I only came home with one thing!I found one of those mesh domed food covers and I have been looking for one forever and it also happened to be older and green!!!I am actually getting rid of fabric! Can you believe that!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  10:03:07 AM  Show Profile
Monica, NO NO NO, I can't believe you are actually getting rid of fabric!!! Although I love to find it at the thrift...

I'm trying to get caught up as I was out of commission for a medical procedure, you know that lovely one you gotta drink alot of stuff the night before - thank goodness all was well. Now I'm good for 10 yrs!

Making aprons, made a cute one over the weekend for my daughter as one of her gifts for the shower. She wants me to make 4 for gifts for girls helping her with the wedding ceremony...I don't mind, I love making aprons!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  10:07:11 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Monica!!! May all of your wishes be granted!!

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  10:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Monica, forgot to say...I want first dibs on the romney yarn blend!

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  10:45:31 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Monica!!!! I love your plan for hubby's birthday. Can't wait to see your new thread.

Hubby doesn't bother me with my craft stuff as long as it's downstairs and not in his way. So I can keep whatever if it meets that criteria. The only problem is I'm running out of room. I have done some purging but I think more needs to be done.

Happy Anniversary to all the sewing thread ladies.

It's been quiet here. We are all so busy.

Sheryl-lyn~your quilt is so absolutely beautiful. Funny story with your chicken.

Autumn~is the guest house all done? Is your daughter all moved in?

Steph~share Monica's thread. LOL~she does make beautiful thread. I love it.

I have to go get ready to take my son to his art class.

Miss you all.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  11:14:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all the Birthday wishes! I am 41 today and very happy about it because I know I don't look it!

Suzanne, I actually am believe it or not! Unfortunately I have to say that my hubby is right on this one! I have 15 storage containers of fabric on my porch and he said it will just rot away if they sit there and I have to agree! I have some pieces that I know I will never use that I am going to list on etsy! The last time I got into the fabric it was such a pain to try and move all the boxes around so a lot of the time I just stay out of it! I am going to move some of it back into the utility room where it will be so much easier to find stuff! I am going to give some to a lady that was looking for a sewing machine on freecycle! She just had a baby and lost her job and she also has a boy and wants to sew for them! I have no problem sharing, but I am not very good at selling it unless I don't like it! I know exactly what medical procedure you are talking about! Fun isn't it!

Steph, you should see what I am dyeing right now! It's longwool Leicester and one of the singles is pink and one is a berry purple! When they are dry I am going to ply them together! Do I dare tell you??? I will try to post pics later!

Ruth, I actually have a bit more of the Corriedale/ pink silk blend that I finished up the other day!! I will just start doing 2 skeins of something Steph may like so that there will be a chance for someone else to get some!hehehe

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 19 2009 11:21:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  3:46:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry gals, I'm a sewing/apron drop out. So many other things are taking precedence over sewing right now, so it's totally on the back burner. What I wouldn't give for a few weeks of 36 hour days (where the kids sleep for 20-some hours straight). Hope things are calmer elsewhere out there!

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  3:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Lanna, Hang in there!! Some day it will calm down at your place!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  4:05:52 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I'm thinking in, what, 10 years? *sigh*
My life just basically revolves around the garden, kitchen and laundry room right now... with the seed-starting and pantry thrown in for good measure. The other areas of the house are a bit ignored or minimally maintained. I'm *so* looking forward to being done with diapers - that's what's killing me laundry-wise (I'm on year 3.5 of double-diapering with no real end in sight).

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  4:24:57 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MONICA!! Hope it is a great one.

Glad you guys all liked my little chicken!! She is a funny girl, I tell ya.

Are gas prices going up by you again? They are going up every day here. About $2.57 a gallon!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page