Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:38:26 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Suzan...we are so excited. Danny boy is 8 yrs old and loves our neighbor's little dog but has never had one of his own.
I saw a "purse" very fancy, for carrying a little dog..and it's reversible..fuzzy. I thought about making one just for fun but the store bought one is only $25 dollars... I couldn't make it fuzzy fabric for that cheap!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  07:29:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey girlies!!!
I'm still running like crazy here- couldn't even read to catch up!!
I have a house guest right now and she needs a little TLC so looks like I WONT catch up on the nnews here.
Sooner or later Ill update the blog-I HOPE!!!!

In short- the house is 99% done
cucumbers are ready
cabbage is coming in
chickens are laying
hubby is back to work
boy is done with school
Wendy is growing
DD and I are heading out for a truckload of stuff at her old place

Sewing is a distant memory!!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  4:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Where is everyone today??

Autumn, Sure sounds like you have been busy!

I have been washing laundry and wool most of the day! I can't wait to get it dried and spin some! It's very pretty, soft Romney wool!!! I am having way to much fun with fiber!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  4:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Seems like everyone is running around outside!! Me too. I got to come right home from work today and looked around the garden for a few minutes before the rain came. Then I actually made two blocks for the BOM clubs that I am in this Saturday. Plus, I am almost done with my BOM for the embroidery class I take once a month. Made dinner early and ate at 4:30!! That is way early for us. So,the night seems longer tonight!!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  4:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Linda: How fun to get a new dog!! Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  4:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Linda,

I'm so happy you found a tiny doggie...the chi chi's are so adorable and look even more so dressed up!!!!!hahahaha I'm telling you they like it! They think they are babies. (Or is it that we turn them into babies?) Miss Morgan lived in a cage for the first three years of her life so was far from feeling special when I bought her...she was a sad girl til she discovered her new FREE life..

Miss Morgan can walk up to me and when I look down at her she'll do her little shake and I'll go get a sweater to put on her and then she's ready to snuggle in her tuffet again.

Well on another note.....the biggest raccoon I've ever seen walked onto my porch last night and came up to the french doors..he didn't see me and I didn't do anything to get his attention either..yep, he was quite large! He's doing some good eating in these woods.

I've run the roads all afternoon and now am totally tired but I did finally make a good haul from the grocery store. I went into a diner to eat lunch today since I was headed to Lowe's first and needed my energy. I had something that I have not had in ages..no..none of you could guess either..LOL

Fried Green Tomatoes with a side dish of cheese grits!!! woohoo...good southern soul food!!!! It was great...

Hope everyone has had a nice day!
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  5:03:41 PM  Show Profile
LOL, yep you are getting your southern back girl!!!!! Ok, I still haven't tried fried green tomatoes. One of these days. Sounds like your are doing well getting life settled a bit more in home Steph.

Linda, a fun doggie is always good for adults and kids.

Monica, hey I exist, really I do, slow as molasses but here!!!!

Autumn, you not only fix the house you get to help them move....lol. That would delay any kind of sewing for now!!!! But how fun that you are getting almost done.

Sherly-lyn, you are sewing....a bit anyway, good for you!!!!! I am realizing I cannot deal with my mess of the sewing room. I get a bit done and then other things come up and it gets back to the same mess, I never seem to get further. That is going to have to happen soon cause I really do want to sew!!!!!!!

Seems you start moving items around and then it snowballs on you.....lol. Now isn't that just the way.

Steph, if that racoon had been at my french doors and all I would have seen was eyes, I am afraid I would have done the screaming first, checking out second....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  8:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Linda...I'm totally envious! We used to have dogs (German Shepherds) but once they passed we decided not to get more since we live in a development 6 months out of the year in Arizona.......but I sure do miss them here on the ranch in the summer! Lucky girl, you!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  9:10:22 PM  Show Profile
You girls have been busy!

And I......well, I've been a bad, bad girl (and am loving it!! LOL!) Today I printed up a bunch of mailing lables (1 x 2 1/2 inches) with "IN GOD WE TRUST" printed on them.....and I'm going to stick them on the back of each and every bill or other correspondence that I mail out! (I got this idea from someone else.......wish I would have thought of it myself) "THEY" may make this phrase "illegal" in public places but so far it's still none of "THEIR" business what I put on my personal envelopes!!!!
Should I change my name to Little Rebel?...it would suit me so well in these times LOL!

Yes...I feel so empowered!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm having a hard time keeping my thumb off the tip of my nose! LOL

Got lots more done in the garden and will have more pictures on Monday!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  9:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I think it's awesome! I have started to write it on the back of stuff I mail out! You go girl!!!!

Linda, Yipee on the doggie! My kids keep asking to get a dog and hopefully someday their dad will let them get one!It would have to be a puppy or a small dog though because Olivia is terrified of dogs that are bigger than her!

Steph, The raccoon would have freaked me out! We had them at my mom's, but they always gave me the creeps especially when one hissed at me when I went to chase him away!

Carol Sue,I go through the same thing in my house. I really never seem to get ahead no matter how much I get rid of!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  07:45:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies~

It has been busy here again. Can't wait until school is done. We have been working so hard to get through our goal of finishing by the end of the month.

I have been trying to catch up on housework and finishing up some projects. I really need to get somethings finished and post them on my blog.

Steph~sounds yummy.

Carol Sue~that's how feel about the room I have in the basement. I try to clean it out to be a sewing room but it always get bombarded with more stuff. I just can't seem to keep it neat and organized.

Linda~congrats on the puppy. My son wants a chihuahua so bad but we already have one dog to take care of.

Carol~good for you. I think I'll start adding to everything I send out, too. It's crazy all the things that are being made "illegal".

I hope to post some pics of the fishing field trip we went on with our homeschool group on my blog today. I have to get some things in shape here before the weekend. Tonight I have to work. I have laundry going and need to get that finished and folded. Have a great day.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  05:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters,
I went to Humane Society to check on how my application is going (checking references, etc.) and I was informed there are a couple of people ahead of me on the list for the Chiuhauh! There wasn't another name in front of mine when I put my card on the cage so I was planning on being the first. I was so sad!...but instead of just staying sad and seeing Danny boy sad I started looking for another dog. I found one affordable in the pet store....she is a Jack Russell and stronger and bigger and safer for Danny boy after all. She was at the pet store for months so they kept marking her price down. Starting at $600...I got her for $250. She is wild and energetic like puppies are but strong and good for Danny boy with all his energy. The tiny dog is probably too fragile but I will get a little one just for me to baby someday.
We are sure having a wild and busy day with a puppy running all over and chewing everything...lol Thank God for the carrier cage to quiet her down sometimes. Best news is we both slept fine all night. whew

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  08:24:18 AM  Show Profile
Linda, Congrats on the puppy!!! Sorry the other one didn't work out!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  08:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
thanks Monica

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  11:20:07 AM  Show Profile
Linda, glad to hear you got your doggie, I had a friend years ago who had a little Jack Russell named Germ. He was kind of a wild customer, but very sweet. Puppy stage can be trying I'm sure, but what a wonderful addition to your household.

I finally finished my string top, it turned out to be gigantic, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. My sewing room is a total disaster, maybe tonight I'll feel like tidying up a bit. I'm watching a little bit of the Red "Sox, just to soothe my frazzled soul. I am never making another string quilt like that one, took too long, weighs too much, but I guess it looks ok. I hope so, I'm no judge at the moment. My brain hurts.

The sun has sqeezed out from the clouds for a moment. I
'm hoping to get Zan to help me transplant some daylilies todayl I love them because you can move them even when they are blooming, nice and sturdy plants.

I was so happy to see Jess got her chickens moved into their fabulous house. I'm sure they are thrilled to be there.

Someone told me to try turmeric for arthritis and fibromyalgia pain. I have been trying to gag down a heaping teaspoonful every day, but it isn't the pleasantest thing I've ever eaten. I bought a weird little ice cube tray at the dollar store, it makes little sticks of ice, so I'm freezing turmeric sticks, I figure I can break off a frozen bit and swallow it, avoiding the automartic gag reflex. When you are desperate, you (I) will try anything...

Ok, definitely time for another cup of joe....hope all is well with all of you, Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

Edited by - electricdunce on May 16 2009 11:21:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  1:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Linda, A Jack Russell is just what Danny needs! It'll be a toss up on day who wore out who..LOL They are the cutest things and are very smart.

Karin, those ice cube trays are for making ice sticks to put into a bottle of something..quite clever I thought.

I'll check your blog to see if you have the updated finished string quilt...I pulled out a piece of muslim the other night thinking I'd make a Miss Morgan sized quiltlet..LOL She loves her blankies to dig in and rearrange just so! And figured it was a size I'd actually finish!

So now you have this heavy quilt..do you back it and then bind it? I wonder..could you get away with using a print for the foundation and then not have to back it?..I know you'd see all the seams but it might look alright?? or NO..

Hope everyone is having good weather and a good time....Thomas called me yesterday afternoon to see what I was doing..I told him and then he said I should put on a pot of coffee...I'm wondering why because I didn't really want any...he then says if you'll look out the window you'll know why..I turned and there was his truck pulling in!!! Man, what a surprise..I thought he wasn't coming back til next weekend..I can't remember the last great surprise like this..What fun..LOL He'll leave tomorrow but he says it was worth coming home for a day and half.

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  2:05:55 PM  Show Profile
AWWW! How sweet,Steph!!!Im so glad you are getting to enjoy your place a bit!

Linda- I have always heard that Jack Russels are full of energy- thats a good thing for Danny but can sure be a pain for us that are more....ahhhem...mature???

Karin- I laugh every time you post- I get your sense of humor and it tickles me every time!
I didnt know you could move day lilies even when they are in bloom- I have a few that I have managed to keep alive so I may move them.

Things here are beginning to slow down- the house is done except for dirt/rock work. Now I have to catch up on MOUNT LAUNDRY!!!
And the garden is really growing.I picked 5 huge cucumbers today.
Im also cooking some cabbage we picked yesterday.
My young friend is staying in our guest room while she gets her thoughts together during a tough family time for her.
She is a joy to have around- I'm so glad she feels comfortable enough to stay here.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  4:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi my friends!! Hope you are all enjoying the weekend and taking it slow. I am always tired on Saturdays, so I do a little of this and a little of that, but nothing serious.

Steph: Glad you are having a good time.

Autumn: Make sure you enjoy some "me" time this weekend! You have been so busy.

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  4:55:09 PM  Show Profile
Karin: Did you quilt that top too!!?? It must weigh a million pounds. Just checked your blog to see if you put the finished quilt on there. What a beauty it is, huh? Hope you were able to sneak that tumeric down with ice!!LOL

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  5:09:59 PM  Show Profile
Steph, what a sweet guy Thomas must be, and what a nice surprise. I haven't taken a new picture of my quilt because I think I'LL TAKE ONE OUTSIDE.oops, that frigging caps button gets me every time. I think the colors might be better. I am going to put a batting in and a backing. I was planning to get it machine quilted but can't swing that just now. How nice to makie a quilt for Miss Morgan, I have made each of my kitties a quilt. It is a project that can be completed, and that always feel good. My kitty Dimsdaloe likes to burrow into the mound of fabric strips on the floor next to my machine, and gets annoyed when i move her to yank out some bits and pieces. She quacks like a duck when she is annoyed....

It got cold and clammy this afternoon so I didn't do any transplanting today. Maybe tomorrow. I wish it would warm up a little, although the weeds are certainly flourishing. My yard is such a funny combination of plants. My tiny mother dug up some purple asters years ago in a hardware parking lot and now in the fall I have this mass of asters over tenh feet tall. I never knew they could get so big, but I live at the end of a really good watershed and the soil here is very good, so things do well.

Autumn, getting veggies already, how wonderful, I have use
ed chives and oregano from my garden, but have nothing substantial yet....I think maybe I'll plant a few things tomorrow, it is still a bit early, but with the weather getting weirder every summer it is probably worth taking a chance.
I can always cover things if i have to. I have used up the old stinky cigars from last year, and the bugs are definitely out in full force so I will go to the corner store tomorrow. Zan told me she spotted some grape flavored ones that look particularly nasty, I would think they would help.

I too have Mount laundry here, not making much progress with that today.

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

Edited by - electricdunce on May 16 2009 5:11:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  6:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Karin, that quilt will be one like granny used to cover me with..so heavy that you could barely move but so good at the same time.

Hey Autumn, Glad to see you are coming up for air! So when do the kids move in?

Sherylyn, I know the weekends are good for you..take it easy!

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  6:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone,

Funny how things will just pop into your mind for no reason whatsoever.. This afternoon I realized that TOMORROW, May 17th is the Apron Topics Second Anniversary.

So to each of you and to Bev, the topic author....that have stayed on this path over the past two years or have entered it along the way....

I wish you a HAPPY Anniversary!!!!!

Here's to many more years of talking right HERE! as well as on our blogs!!

Steph

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  6:43:18 PM  Show Profile
Why do husbands have to be such jerks? Remember that pile of fabric sitting on a cedar chest in our bedroom (used to be in my sewing room, until husband let our youngest son take over the room)? You know the fabric that my husband asked me to work on, and I have been doing that. The pile was down, things were grouped together. Not anymore. Dh dumped all of the fabric on our bed. I am furious and I let him know. Now, it will take me longer now to go through it. Now, if I went through his messy garage and dumped everything that is haphazardly strewn about out, he would be furious.

Husband told our son that he was going to put the new toilet back in our bathroom (he told me that 2 years ago). I didn't know that he had to dump my fabric on the bed in order to install a toilet.

Can you tell that I am mad?

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon,

So sorry for your bad day...

There is a national club for jerks...LOL

My X is a lifetime member! I'll get your husband an application.

I know I'm being a smarty pants but I hoped it may make you smile.

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  8:21:49 PM  Show Profile
My husband could be president of the club. lol
The pile was down-waaaaaay down, and the fabrics were grouped with like fabrics that I would use together. Now, they are in a heap, and I have to go through it again. Husband says, "You want me to go through it?" No way. The toilet is still not installed. Probably will be another 6 months.

He has been driving everyone in the household crazy today. I told the youngest son that his dad took a grumpy pill today. Must have taken a few of them.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page