Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  07:12:22 AM  Show Profile
Carol~this is scary and getting out of control. I can not believe the things they are trying to pass into law. It is very frustrating to see our most simple freedoms being stripped away~one by one.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  09:07:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Ruth...

I'm totally not a political person and do not belong to a specific party nor advocate for one
(although, now I think the time is good for an independent to win!) but when I found out about this bill
(on MJ's Across the Fence) a while back I just had to check it out further. It seemed like no one was
interested in finding out more about this bill since there seemed to be no new posts or more comments or
information......which surprised me since it seems to affect FARMS (and Farmgirls) the most!
I just don't get it...this is not a political debate this is about the possibility of
having a basic right taken away that THE ADMINISTRATION (left or right) has no right to do.
What happened to FREEDOM AND FREE WILL? I don't know how others feel but I do not want
anyone to decide what's good for me! I feel that the voters should be asked to vote on issues
like this bill since our hired officials just seem to go along with whatever. I wonder how many
of them will even read this bill and understand what it means before they sign.

Sorry to go on like this but.............

Please, if anyone cares or has comments you can contact me in private via e-mail. I'd love to hear
what you really think...I realize that it's difficult to get too detailed here.

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  12:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I've stayed out of the loop for several weeks with this move of mine. I'll be reading about it more..If it's not our legislators doing what's best for THEM, it's the media driving the current hype for the day...one of the latest was the Swine Flu...you would have thought another plague was on the horizon.....if anyone watched the news on this flu..it wasn't 3 or 4 days later that the doomsday hype subsided...the media is at the top of my list for disciplinary action...I guess that's the daughter of a military man coming out in me..LOL But they really are out of control.

Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  1:28:16 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I had read about this a while back and when I read the actual bill, I could not make heads or tails of it! I did read an article that said it does not apply to farmers markets and home growers, but I also read some other stuff that said it does and whether it's true or not, I am not sure but I have heard that the bill is being pushed by DuPont which is doing the genetic seed stuff! I am so fed up with the dishonesty! I don't care what political party someone is with , but whatever happened to the fact that these people in Washington are supposed to be representing us!

Steph, On average 30,000 people die every year from the flu! Why don't we ever hear about that? You don't even hear about swine flu anymore! On a happier note I just finished the Corriedale/pink silk blend!!!! I have to wash it and then I will put up a pic!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  1:50:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Steph...totally agree with your take on the media.........constant manipulation.......but even that has to come from somewhere else that pushes for them to write the garbage they do.................guess I'll have to e-mail you so I can call them dirty words..LOL

Monica...my winter lunch buddy! It is a hard bill to read and I believe they purposely write the bills that way so we have a hard time with their gibberish contradictions so we just give up instead of become more informed. Otherwise how would they get away with their dishonesty. Unfortunately it's like the stimulus package which was promised to have no earmarks.......well, that didn't happen...same with these bills, something's always written in them so it can be expanded on............usually to take another slice of our already dwindling freedom.
Hey, can you hear me growling?? LOL

Can't wait to see your thread..sometimes I just click on the pictures that we took and look at the colors!

AAAhhh, sunshine (it rained this morning) so I'm off to the yard to get down and dirty! LOL

Chicken and dove pictures are up on this weeks blog.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  3:34:51 PM  Show Profile
To further pick the scab....oh, that sounds awful doesn't it? Well not as bad as what is predicted..this is such BS...another case of us paying in all of our working careers, employers along with the employees and this is the result we get....

here's an excerpt from an article..

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Social Security and Medicare are fading even faster under the weight of the recession, heading for insolvency years sooner than previously expected, the government warned Tuesday.

Social Security will start paying out more in benefits than it collects in taxes in 2016, a year sooner than projected last year, and the giant trust fund will be depleted by 2037, four years sooner, trustees reported.

Medicare is in even worse shape. The trustees said the program for hospital expenses will pay out more in benefits than it collects this year, just as it did for the first time in 2008. The trustees project that the Medicare fund will be depleted by 2017, two years earlier than the date projected in last year's report.

The trust funds -- which exist in paper form in a filing cabinet in Parkersburg, W.Va. -- are bonds that are backed by the government's "full faith and credit" but not by any actual assets. That money has been spent over the years to fund other parts of government. To redeem the trust fund bonds, the government would have to borrow in public debt markets or raise taxes.

the link:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Social-Security-and-Medicare-apf-15219531.html

Of course, they've been telling us for years that this scenario was setting itself in motion..to make matters worse there are many *boomers* that hold all of the knowledge at the SSA and most of them are retired or will do so soon..and SSA doesn't plan to fill these positions again..WHY? you ask....because there's no one out there that possesses the longterm knowledge of how it's supposed to work. You have got to have the wisdom along with the knowledge to run a department like this..of course, we all know that at best has turned a laugh into tears if thought of long enough.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  3:36:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh, on a much sunnier note....I've updated my blog with pictures of the mountain paradise that I live in. Please drop by for a visit!

www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com

Steph

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  3:38:42 PM  Show Profile
Okay, Here is a sneak peek of my yarn I have been working on! It is 75% Corriedale wool/%25 pink silk! I am really happy with it! I still have to wash it and get it listed on etsy.

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  3:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Steph, I love your pictures on your blog, but it won't let me leave a comment! How I miss grass and all of that! Can I come visit??!! I bring some yarn!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 12 2009 3:43:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  4:54:31 PM  Show Profile
Wouldn't let me post a comment either, Steph. What beautiful pictures! You and Thomas have really found an enchanting spot.

Monica, the yarn looks beautiful,,,

I went to the beach again today for a few more bags of rocks, took Zan with me, but the cold wet breeze was making her head hurt, so she waited patiently for me in the car. I got some lavender at my local little nursery to put in the front bed. I have to do some serious weeding in my raised beds before I dare plant anything. I did plant my potatoes in hay today. Hope it works, time will tell.

I sewed for about an hour today, and then my back told me it was time to stop. Ah well, just a message from my body to tell me to stand down once in a while. I guess i'll save up my strength for watching the Red Sox later tonight...that's a brilliant plan. I can do a little hand sewing then so i won't feel so wicked.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  5:28:35 PM  Show Profile
Monica and Karin, it's funny how blogger let's y'all leave a reply sometimes and then won't let you do out of the blue..so strange!

I do love hearing from y'all....Monica, the yarn is so pretty..what the WPI on it? and how many yards will it be? And yes, if you have yarn *in tow* you can come visit...hahahahaha Email me..

Karin, One day when I no longer have a yard of weeds I'll try the Lavender in containers to see if it will thrive with the humidity. I don't know about growing potatoes in hay..tell me about that..

The second yard keeper was supposed to come this afternoon to give a price for whipping this place into shape...but since it's rained for the last 10 out of 12 days he is way behind with regular customers. I talked to him this afternoon and told him I thought it had grown another 6 inches in the past few days..he's gonna try to come tomorrow. There is some wicked poison ivy growing off one corner of the porch..I'm staying way away from it!..LOL

Talk to ya later, Steph

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on May 12 2009 5:33:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  5:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Steph, I e-mailed you!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  6:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Yipppeee, I caught up. I did enjoy the reading, especially your commnent on sewing certain things back on....lmbo.

Welcome Edie, so glad you are here.

Karin I really liked the peas on the sly story. Hoping mine don't freeze out tonight. Got to take a sheet out there.

Shery-lyn, vindication after all that hassle is a very good thing!!!!

You girls have been having fun and it sounds like you all had good Mother's Day. It was nice this weekend, really nice!!!!
So like Karin, I bit off more than I could chew thinking I am feeling okay, I can do this.....LOL Transplanted some plants that needed to be before it gets hot here. My two big lavenders looked like they did not make it. Dang buckets!!!!!
So moved around hostas, astribelles, bee balm a lavender and a couple other things. Wow, was I on a roll but realized half way through that it might be getting a bit much. So took my little self in the house around 5:30pm. Took shower and pain killers and went and laid down. Laying there reading a book wondering why in the world my arm hurt so bad, look down and the color was red....ooooppppsss, a sunburn. Hey, haven't seen the sun in a while, forgot about putting on more sunscreen. I had to laugh at myself. Sunday the grand girls made us a Mother's day picnic under our maple tree. We had baloney sandwiches, yogurt, carrots, and apples. There were magazines and flowers on top of a blanket. It was very sweet of them.
Yesterday and today have been spent recouperating....ehhhh gads. Good think it won't be sunny again until the weekend again.

Sewing, now what is that....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  09:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. I've been layed low this last week with a ferocious cold. didn't realize how bad I felt until I started feeling better...

Karin, I saw over in the reading forum that you are reading Mary Daheim - I love her - she actually has 2 series, the alpine one and also a bed and breakfast one. I have alot of her books I'd be glad to send them to you if I have ones you haven't read.

I can't for the life of me get caught up - everytime I think I'm making some headway on one front I realize how far behind I am on something else...thought I'd catch up my sewing this weekend but just found out about an auction on Sat where they are going to have 2 treadles...
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  09:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! Where is everyone??? I hope you are all having a great morning!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  10:23:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm cleaning up my messes I made in the sewing room. plus everything I took out to get to the Bernina. All down the hallway, plus more in the living and dining rooms. I'm giving myself 5 min per hour to stop. If it weren't for deadlines, I'd never get anything done. Well, sometimes not even then.
My son and grandson will be here tomorrow night, so I won't be on much for a few days.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  12:44:57 PM  Show Profile
I am sewing today. I got tired of just cutting and cutting. I don't know if you remember me saying that I have this pile of fabric in our bedroom (used to be in my sewing room) that dh wants gone.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  12:56:40 PM  Show Profile
I found the little quilt from Japan that was given to my mother. She'd gone there to visit friends and the lady is a well known Japanese quilter. It's not elaborate like some they do, just a simple little scenic piece made with 100 yr old men's Kimonos. Lots of blues, very coarse homespun type fabric. I'll take a pic when I can. It was one of the things mother told me to take home so there wouldn't be any argument about who would get it. When I go through more of her papers, I'll write to the lady.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  2:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Your Japanese quilt sounds lovely, Ronna. I can hardly wait to see it...
Nice day here today, I've been a real slug, only slept for a couple hours last night. I'll have to have a nap if I plan to stay up to watch the Red Sox. I don't know why i find baseball so entertaining, I guess it is memories of watching it with my father when I was a kid.

Hope all are having a lovely day...

karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  3:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Karin, it's very simple landscape, but for the lady to present it to mother was very nice. I have a kimono they gave her and a picture of her wearing it while she was there. Mother didn't know quilt from kilt, but she knew I did.
Okay, water, potty and back to work here...........damn I hate myself sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  3:57:32 PM  Show Profile
Cloudy here and doing much needed laundry. How in the world can two people make this mess? Beats me, but we do. Hmmm, could it be those grands visiting, good excuse, but not true....lol.

Ronna a picture of your Japense quilt would be amazing.

Why is it I think I am doing not to bad and then look around at my house and have a cornonary!!!!!!!! How did this happen, where was I when this slob fest happened. Oh crap, I am the slob!!!!!! Time to hit it again for a bit, then do the other million things there are to do.....ok, that was an exagerration, but gosh it seems that way today....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  10:54:36 PM  Show Profile
Karin...we live in the Pacific NW and there's water EVERYWHERE around us! The beautiful San Juan Islands and beaches are a haven for all kinds of finds.
So what kinds of rocks do you look for?

One of my friends lives by the beach and told me everyone looks for polished glass (around here) ..which seems to be a real find! She took me out one day and sure enough we found all these colorful stones, polished smooth, that were actually fragments of broken glass bottles or jars! The sea had polished them into smooth stones!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Monica...lovely!
Steph...I'm going to go look at your pics now...
thanks!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I'm getting a new doggie!! she's not a puppy but one year old.
We have an adorable Chihuahua girl waiting at the Humane Society now for us. I am first on waiting list for her.
She is black, white and brown and so sweet. She is shy and quiet, that's what I wanted.
She kissed Danny boy thru her cage and he fell in love...
:-) I think about Steph and her adorable girl clothes for Miss Morgan..!
I may try the diaper first.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  06:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda, my sister has the cutest little chihuahua named Tia that is colored the same as you describe. She is the sweetest little dog, so tiny and dainty. Mind you, she has her moments when she gets mad at my sister, usually going into her purse looking for candy...Good luck, I know you will enjoy her!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page