Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  9:36:47 PM  Show Profile
Carol, Very glad to have you back with us chatting again!! Lunch will be my treat when you get back here!!

Oh my gosh, MAJOR attack of pre-mentalpause!! This is too funny because I know I told you about making something for Christmas, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was! Could you please help me out and remind me!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 06 2009 9:38:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  03:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi all....I have only a short minute to stop by and say hi.

Stephie...congrats on the move...so happy for you. Want to see pictures!!

Sheryl...thanks for the call....great to talk to you as always.

Hope all are well here on the apron thread. I have not sewed for what seems like eons! Depressing!!! But the end is in sight. Another 2 to 3 months, and I should be able to occupy my new sewing room.

Sorry I have been absent....life is crazy busy right now on the farm....don't forget me!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons for sale at: www.apronmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  05:10:48 AM  Show Profile
We wont forget you Bev!!! This small renovation is gobbling my time up- I can only omagine a huge one like yours!!!

It's sunny and warm here- summer has arrived-see I told ya we only get 2 weeks of spring! Its sleeveless shirts and shorts weather here.
My brocolli is finished-I will plant lots more next time-it was fantastic!!!
Only a few small sewing projects going on here- and really they are just sitting on the couch staring at me asking,"when??/When are you going to get to us!!!?"

Finishing up on the little house this weekend- its a good thing cause i'm pooped!!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  3:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello! everyone,

It has been so busy here that I feel like I lost a week somewhere. I have been working on some sewing and crocheting projects. I sent out my clothespin apron to Carrie! I was so happy with how it came out but was in such a rush to get it in the mail that I forgot to take a picture. I am working on a bag for my mom for mother's day and an apron. I have finished crocheting some more mesh bags. I also have another started. I need to put the finishing touches on the mother's day gifts.
I started my clothespins for the swap but haven't had a chance to finish those yet.

Steph~YEAH!! You are moved in! Hurray!!

Carol~glad that you made it back to Washington~safe and sound.

Monica~too funny~you forgot what you were thinking of making. I am forever forgetting things and find myself writing more and more lists.

Autumn~I can't believe it's that warm. We've had mostly rain. We need some sun. How great that the house is almost done.

Bev~we can't ever forget you.

Sheryl-lyn~How is school going? Are you looking forward to summer break?

Carol Sue~How are you feeling?

Karin~How are things going?

Missed all of you.

I did get my beans, spinach, lettuce and kale plants in the ground. My husband finished the garden enclosure to keep out pests. I still have tomatoes, peppers, squash, melons, and gourds in the green house. The strawberries from last year are growing so well. They look beautiful. I can't wait to have the strawberries.

Nice chatting with all of you!!
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  4:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, it sounds like you have been busy, and productive as well. I'm sure your mom will love what you made for her.

I just posted a picture of a string quilt I've been working on this week. It is finally starting to come together. The strips are only an inch and a quarter so it is taking longer than I thought. I snuck in a few fatter ones when i thought my brain might blow from too many string strips. The next one is going to have fatter strips.

I want to plant something, but it is still a little early to safely put in some things, and I didn't feel like planting in the rain.

I'm off to watch the Red Sox, my idea of a good time...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  10:45:26 PM  Show Profile
hey guys havent fallen off the earth.
i will catch up later.
caleb has a nasty ear infection the poor guy. took him in at two in the morning yesterday and we are doing better today but i have to stay on top of the motrin and ear drops for the pain and fever.
love ya guys hope to talk soon

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  11:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters!
I can't find the Quilting thread so I am putting this little poem here. I got it email from my sewing school.

MY WIFE, THE QUILTER

She learned to quilt on Monday.

Her stitches were very fine.

She forgot to thaw out dinner,

So we went out to dine.

She quilted miniatures Tuesday.

She says they are a must.

They really were quite lovely,

But she forgot to dust.

On Wednesday, it was a sampler.

She says the stipplin's fun.

What highlights! Oh what shadows!

But the laundry wasn't done.

Her charm quilt was on Thursday,

Green patches, blue and red.

I guess she really was engrossed;

She never made the bed.

It was wall hangings on Friday,

In colors she adores,

But she never seemed to notice

The crumbs on all the floors.

I found a maid on Saturday!

My week is now complete.

My wife can quilt the hours away;

The house will still be neat.

Well, it's already Sunday.

I think I'm about to wilt.

I cursed, I raved, I ranted--

The MAID has learned to Quilt!!

(Author: unknown)

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
excess of what we could ever spend will come!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  4:43:18 PM  Show Profile
Linda, You have me laughing so hard. That was so true. I have a honey who loves when I get the energy to do it and he knows how it brightens my days.

There is real live sunshine out my window, shhhh, don't tell it it is shining....grin. Maybe this means tomorrow I will finally plant my petunias....grin. I checked today and my snap peas are showing a tiny bit of green bursting through the ground. Yipeeee, I haven't done anything else for the garden but I did do that. This may be an interesting garden season for this girl.

Karin, I agree, I want to be out playing in the dirt a bit for the garden but it is not quite there yet, but close, or last frost date is supposely the 15th but it can be later than that. So you always keep an eye on the weather report for the mornings....I need to go check out your string quilt.

Ruth I am hanging in there girl. And you have been going to town with your garden, good for you girl.

Autumn, you had your spring, gosh it is summer now there girl....we are hoping for a warmer spring here!!!!! Won't you be glad when your little house is done, but girl you are almost there!!!!!

Monica, pre mental pause huh girl!!!!! LOL, we are in great company now aren't we!! LOL

Bev, so glad you could stop in girl, with all that you have going on, I am impressed. Sure do think about you, take care of yourself girl!!!!!

Sheryl-lyn, what cha been up to girl, been thinking of you.

Now we know where Jess is, doing her crazy chicken coop still....I swear building a chicken coop is never ending, ours certainly seemed to be and it wasn't as big as her's is gonna be.

Ronna, didn't she find some of her sewing room, does this mean we have lost here in there somewhere......lol

Ok, gotta check the spaget sauce that is cooking away and smelling pretty darn good. My mouth is started to water....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  4:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue,
I thought you'd like the poem.
LOl

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  5:00:35 PM  Show Profile
I think the chicken house Jess and John have been building is really hideaway for them :) When the building dept asks for the plans for the guest house, they'll know it's the best built chicken house in Indiana.
I'm still mucking out the sewing room. Have a stack of duplicate quilt books and will likely find more. I looked in a small rubbermaid tote that I thought had buttons or magazines and it was full of jewelry, from wonderful vintage rhinestones to junk. Have it sorted out now, not what I should have spent an hour doing but it's done. No telling what else I might find in the corner between the big desk and the wall. I'd like to get all the buttons in jars so they can be seen, may or may not happen now. Bernina is plugged back in and waiting for me.
Someone in the next town is giving away a 4x10 ft bed of cactus, so I'm going to go get them tomorrow. Also not what I should be doing. Nor was the trip to another small town nearby to get a free little motorcycle. Wasn't what I thought it would be, but didn't have the heart to tell the people it was junk. Dropped it off at the bike shop in this town, since I couldn't get it out of the truck-and my son used to work with the owner.
This guy seems to think it was a military bike,quite old and worth fixing a bit for some kid who can't afford much...more power to him, I know my son won't want to bother with it. Not a good use of my time or gas, but I did it anyway.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  5:51:30 PM  Show Profile
Karin, that takes a lot of patience to make that quilt. It has been in the upper 90's again. It has been about 100 or so lately. Too, too hot for me. It is funny. Today, my oldest son left for a geology trip and will not be back until Sunday evening (not the funny part). I woke up this morning with plans to sew, sew, and sew. My dh had other plans like having me clear a pile of fabric. There goes my dreams of getting more sewing done. Well, I did get some aprons cut out using the fabric, so I guess that is a good thing.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on May 08 2009 5:56:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  7:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Linda, Oh how funny!!!I absolutely love the poem!

I am glad to know I am in good company with my pre-mentalpause condition!!!! I really at the time could not remember what it was I was going to make! I think what it was, is that I was going to make quilts for the girls!

Sharon, It has finally been warming up here! I think it was about 100 today. It's still been nice and not too hot for the desert! I am really hoping we have a mild summer.

Teresa, I hope Caleb is feeling better!

I have reached a new milestone as a parent this week! Isaiah came home with a note from his teacher saying that he was kissing girls on the playground and that he thought it was funny! Personally, I thought it was funny too!! His school obviously doesn't think so because the note said that it was unacceptable and harassment! Oh well! He only has 2 weeks of school left and I am trying to get setup to home school next year!

My mom has some craft books that I offered to list on MJF for her, so if anyone is interested I will list them here before I list them on marketplace! There are some that are needlepoint, country craft, quilting and sewing and I know that they are all in really good shape!!

Well I recently got 15 pounds of wool so I am off to wash some!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  7:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Ronna I posted a pic on the Bread thread. I have just loved the sour dough. It is so easy to work with and the dough is just plane fun to play with.

Thanks Again

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  7:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Diana, I'll go read it. I've not posted to that thread in a long time, cause I don't agree with a lot of what's there.
I'm very happy you're enjoying it. I have to send some to Karin. Know there's someone else who wants some, but no clue who it is right now.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  10:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Goodness, Ronna, you have been busy! Does this mean the Bernina is back in working order?
I spent a great deal of the evening watching Red Sox on the tv. They managed to beat Tampa which was a surprise since Tampa pretty much murdered them a week or so ago. I just like watching baseball on tv. I mean, I was doing a little handsewing so that I didn't feel like a total bum. The funny thing was , the regular announcer for the Red Sox, well one of the two regular guys, is out sick, so they have replaced him for a bit with Dennis Eckersly, a relief pitcher who was with the Red Sox shortly before he retired. My god, that man never shuts up and he keeps saying how the pitcher really tossed the batter the cheese that time, or wow that was the hairy cheese, just endlessly going on and on and he is very fond of his own voice aI guess. Of course if I mute the game then I have to really keep my eye on the television. I'll just hope the other guy comes back soon.

Having trouble sleeping again so i thought i'd just roll my eyes across the forum before I went back upstairs....

Teresa, i hope Caleb is better soon, poor little tyke, I know how miserable they are when they are tiny and hurting, it is enough to break your heart.

Carol Sue, Your snap peas are up! Very exciting. It is a point of honor here among the old Mainers to get their peas in really early. Years ago I took my car to a tiny local garage, he didn't even sell gas, but he cdid inspect cars, to get my car inspected. I asked him if he could do it and he said ok. Then he said, in a sly voice "Peas are up"...this being mid
April he knew full well I didn't have a frigging thing planted in my garden! Such silliness, but I always like talking to the older (oh no, that would be me NOW) people about their gardens. Once when a neighbor's cows got out and stomped my garden and pulled down the clothesline, the cow owner
s dad came over to bring me some beet greens from his garden. I love beet greens. I had however, never seen them the size of car seat covers before. And having pretty much the same texture as well. You want any more, you just come and get some I was told.I guess it was kind of along the same lines as when you go fishing and you want to get the biggest fish.

Oh jeez I'm starting in on one of those too much meds babbling, incoherent line of thinking, so I better stop now.

I hope we all have some sunshine and a nice weekend.
Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Edited by - electricdunce on May 09 2009 07:19:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  11:12:44 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I plugged the Bernina in, but didn't turn it on, suppose I should do that before I block the path of the cord to the surge protector. At least if I accidently hit the bobbin winder button again, I'll know what the noise is.
Been going through buttons, kinda separating the really old ones from the rest. Not what needs done, with boxes and totes full down both halls and stacks of quilting and sewing books/magazines all over the living room floor.
Was watching the Dateline report on the arrest of Drew Peterson for the murder of his 3rd wife. He's always just looked sneaky/slimy to me. He was offered a job as head of security for the Moonlight Bunny Ranch (brothel) here in NV, guess he won't be able to take the job now. Though HBO said if he was hired, they would cancel the "cathouse" program altogether. That place hired John Wayne Bobbitt (whose then wife Lorena cut off his manhood and tossed it out the car window some years back). I don't recall how long he was there or what his job might have been. He got into some trouble with the law and kinda disappeared off the radar. Dennis Hof, owner of the brothel, is always doing something to attract attention.
If I've offended anyone, not intentional. I guess it's slightly "on topic" in the sewing room, since the severed part was sewn back on :)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  06:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
LOL Ronna! your last sentence gave me a laugh!!!!
you are one of the funniest people I know!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  09:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Ronna, I saw the Dateline report also and I think Drew Peterson is totally creepy! I am with Linda, the last sentence was too funny!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  10:45:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad I didn't offend you two, though not everyone has posted about my silly sentence. It's just what popped into my head and went straight to the typing fingers.
When my stepbrother and I get together, the smart a** remarks go back and forth all the time. He sent me a Mothers Day card and wrote inside "You're still the best sister a guy could have. I've looked up to you since I was a teenager. I've always thought you were so cool. You should write a book."
It brought tears to my eyes. Considering the adopted sister is scum that shouldn't be allowed to walk the face of the earth and my sister is a wacko , I guess I'm the best of the three :)
Yes, there is a book waiting to be written. I've said for years that some of the people I've had experiences with will have to die first, so I don't get sued for defamation of character. Lots of it I've posted to another list that's closed to those not members, so can go back in the archives and jog my memory.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  11:54:30 AM  Show Profile
Ronna, I loved your post. The last sentence is just perfect.

It has warmed up a bit, but the air is wet and heavy. I have decided to clean my pantry today and attempt to organize the pots and pans and canned goods, etc. I figure if I actually accomplish something I can justify sewing and maybe watching the Red Sox later!
I got my MaryJane's magazine today, once again, chock full of treasure. The middle of my magazine was torn up, pages completely separated from the spine, but at least they weren't missing! I'll keep my eye peeled for the scotch table.

Ronna, isn't sorting buttons an adventure. i got mine jarred up by color and placed them going up the stairs so i grab a jar or two and put them in my sewing room. The cats sent one jar flying, but they are out of harm's way now. The buttons, not the kitties. They like to assiat me when I'm machine sewing. Dimsdale likes to settle in on whatever I'm working on. Sometimes I put all the block parts in an old enameled bowl, and before I can get anything done, there's Dimmy, being the crust for my fabric dish. She quacks like a duck, but is very friendly and I like that she thinks I need to have her close to hand whenever I am sewing. Tubby would rather be as close to the machine as possible so I usually end up moving him off the table....

Well I better stop running off at the mouth and head to the pantry. I trust everyone is having a good day.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  12:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Ronna Staying with subject is important, and I would say you did that. Sewing is sewing.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  12:29:42 PM  Show Profile
For the most part,the buttons are only sorted by vintage or new. I do have some with all reds and all whites and try to keep the metal ones together. I counted up what I could see in "the room" and have 20 gallons. That does not include those in little plastic boxes from the button collectors estate I bought a few years back. Have three copies of the same button book, so two will go in the duplicate stack which is about two feet tall already.
My sorting this morning has been quilt magazines, a job in itself. The Quilters Newsletters going back to the mid 70's and Sew Beautiful will stay, but likely not all the others unless one has something I "need" to keep. If I made one quilt from each book (not counting the magazines) I'd have to live to about a crazillion years old.
Makes me tired just thinking about everything :)
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  7:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ronna,

I think I read you ran across more rhinestone jewelry.
Have you come across anymore hats for me? Email me when you
get a chance.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  04:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
wow, Ronna, you should have a contest with buttons as the prize!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  04:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Has anyone heard from Jess and the kids? What is the name of her blog? I have a new computer without all my old info.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page