Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  6:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls!!
Carol Sue- sorry you have the sneezy allergies!!!
My hubby has had a bit of that lately.

Yes- we are working on the house-I stained and varnished the kitchen cabinets today while hubby installed a couple of lights.
We still have most of the bathroom to finish and some of the kitchen- but the heavy big stuff is done!!! YIPPEEE!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  8:28:46 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, I hope you remember!!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! For one very brief moment I actually had all of the dirty laundry washed!!! I washed 8 loads of laundry this weekend! I really think that it multiplies in the hamper!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  10:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone...yes, I'm at the cabin!!! Will post a few pics at my blog soon.

It has rained the majority of the time since our
arrival last Thursday but it hasn't slowed us down
a bit. And I'm pleased to say that my Verizon 3G modem
is giving me exceptional internet speed up on this
mountain ridge.

I've got the plumbing issues fixed, got names for carpenters, painters, electrician, etc. for the updating and remodeling we want to do..we'll see what kind of prices come in and decide what can be done now. There's so much we want to do but have decided on a few priorities and then work towards the rest of it down the road.

The place has been vacant for a year...the yard is nothing but WEEDS....We have got to start from scratch with everything in the yard..it's a sight to see right now..wait til you see my views now that spring has sprung..the last pictures I posted were in the wintertime and now everything has leafed out..it's like being in a treehouse when you step out on the second level porches..

We are birdwatchers and have missed feeding all the wildlife during this past year or so...so far we have sighted Pileated Woodpeckers, Indigo Buntings, Flicker, the Crows, Hawks and all your small birdies..Last night we sat on the porch and listened to two owls talk back and forth for over an hour..totally awesome for us..we are kids in a candy store with the wildlife around us again.

On the way back from the store today while driving on a nice four lane road with lots of traffic and businesses...there was an empty pasture and eight turkeys were contently eating not more than twenty feet from the road...I had my camera but could not stop to take a picture.

Anyhow, I wanted to stop by and give an update. I'll post again once I get some pics on my blog.

Hugs to everyone, Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  12:44:03 AM  Show Profile
sounds wonderful steph

monica, will send ya an email soon

jeez i cant remember what i read tonight it was only a page. i am pooped took oldest daughter to the er cause she had a fever off and on the last two days and turns out she actually had an ear infection which is what i thought. i can not wait for everyone to get well and then i can get things caught up again and tackle any of the projects i have going.
on top of it all i either have a head cold or severe allergies i havent decided which yet.

autumn you guys are doing great with putting that house back together
love ya guys and talk to you soon

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:22:05 AM  Show Profile
Steph, I bet you will have the best time bird watching, I once saw a pileated woodpecker in my backyard, I was quite dazzled. You and Thomas should really have an Audubon variety from your spot. What fun, bird watching is just such a cheap thrill! I can hardly wait to see your spring pictures.
I took some scilla over to my friend Mary's house yesterday and she gave me some mint that the monarch butterflies particularly love. Sounds good to me, I've been trying to get some of the beautiful orange butterfly weed (weed doesn't sound good, but in this case it is) because the color is just so unbelievably beautiful and of course, the butterflies love them. Lots of green sprouting in my perennial beds in front, lots of weeds in the raised beds.
I'll do some weeding after a really good rain, makes it so much easier. I have my hay bales ready to put some potatoes in soon.
Teresa, so sorry to hear your daughter has an ear infection, they are just so wicked. I never even heard of them until I became someone's mother and then it seemed like that was all I heard for years. They are so painful too...
Woke up early this morning, took two pain pills because I really need to get a lot of stuff today, and I have to feel good enough to put myself on medium speed so at least I get the basics done. My laundry has been breeding too, it never ends, just demands the sacrifice of the occasional sock or undies....I swear that machine hates me. I am going to have to rig up some sort of pathetic clothesoline outside, I believe the dryer has breathed its last gasp.
Carol Sue, i think this might be the week I make your apron. i had fabric picked out long ago, which seems to have left town, but I'll just have to dig deep in the fabric mine, I'm sure it is there somewhere...if not, well something else will appear.

Time to make some coffee...Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  07:56:34 AM  Show Profile
Steph, Glad to hear the plumbing is fixed!! I bet it is just beautiful up there now and I bet it will be even prettier come fall! I can't wait to see pics! I checked out your blog and I love the stories and the hats, but I can't leave a comment!! You will laugh, but I ordered 15 pounds of wool that should be here today! It's Romney wool and it's very, very soft wool!!My fiber stash is getting to be as bad as my fabric stash! I also ordered some more stuff from Grace!!!!

Teresa, I hope your daughter is feeling better! All of my kids have gone through ear infections and they are no fun! At least I have a really good herbal medicine for them considering my gang is allergic to penicillin! I hope everyone gets better and you get a break!!

Karin, I looked up orange butterfly weed and it's very pretty! What a wonderful color! I hope you get a lot of butterflies!!

Autumn, Things look like they are coming along at the house and I love the pics of your little helpers on your blog!! Hannah kept bugging me the other day to scrub the kitchen floor so next thing I know she has a bit of water in her doll bathtub and a scrub brush and is scrubbing the floor! Too bad she probably won't want to do it when she's older!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 04 2009 08:07:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  09:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Karin,

I can't wait to get to the point of thinking of flowers and such..I love the idea of the butterfly "weed". I know you and the other gardeners are going to be so helpful to me.

We have a lawn service coming tomorrow...that will tell you how MAJOR this is..LOL I mean there's not a spot that doesn't have weeds.

---------

Monica,

The wool sounds yummy! You can never have too much, right!?

---------

Teresa, hope everyone is feeling better..

--------

Sharon, sorry for your mishap..that's always a drag!

---------

Ok, we are off to find this salvage place someone has told us about!
Talk to ya later,
Steph

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  10:23:40 AM  Show Profile
Monica, I smiled when I saw your post where you mentioned your daughter scrubbing the floor. When Susannah was tiny she liked to get a little bowl of water and a rag and scrub the kitchen floor ,"I'm Cinderella!" she would say, working away. I believe that stopped when she was about four...ah well Cinderella isn't a very good role model anyway.

I just got back from the beach, today i was getting smaller stones to fill in, but of course I got big ones as well. The beach was just dazzling, sunshine on all the mica laden rocks and quartz with garnet crystals and just regular old beach stone, my idea of heaven. After I emptied my rocks on the path here, I decided I could indulge myself for a minute and sit still...

Steph, when the lawn guys (we call them the yardapes around here) remember to ask about lots of nice ground covers, you don't want to spend too much time mowing, I just can't imagine all the wonderful things you will be able to grow there, it is so much more temperate than it is here. You are going to have so much fun...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Edited by - electricdunce on May 06 2009 11:32:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  10:31:13 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Steph, your yard and grounds will be so much fun for you to decorate! pictures before and after please!!!

Speak
abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
excess of what we could ever spend will come!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  11:48:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey Linda, when is your class? I can't wait to hear about your quilting class!!!!

Monica, if I am lucky, I will remmeber what in the world it was in about a month or two.....lol. Mental pause indeed.

Steph, oh how delightful to hear all that is going on for you. I can just see you and Thomas sitting up there and listening and watching all the birds. You will have so much fun with your yard, after you get rid of some of those weeks.....now the salvage yard sounds like so much fun.

Karin, I can just see you out there enjoying the beach, checking out all the rocks, lifting yourself to the bit of sunshine and planning what you are going to do for your yard more.

Monica, laundry multiplies all by itself, just like those crazy wire hangers use too!!!!!!!!

Autumn, yes I have the crazy sneezies and sore throat. Thus the drink of the day, any fizzy soda to get some it gone. What a life I lead.

I got petunias on Friday and am going to plant some of them in my yellow wheelbarrow and a couple of planters. It is nice out today, so today is the day, the rest of the week is rain. So best get er done now!!!!!! Besides basking in sunshine is always good for me!!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  3:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue,

We found the salvage store..they sell brand new windows, doors, flooring, etc. at a fraction of the normal cost...we found 3x6 foot windows today for $128 and 2x6 foot size for $108. These same windows from a regular retail store would cost $300 each or more...now if I can manifest a carpenter that doesn't charge a fortune then I'm in business.. I also found a beautiful wood with beveled glass front door that is a third of what it would cost at regular retail pricing.

Karin,

Yes, my plan is to do away with alot of grass all together. The part of the yard that you pull up to is quite small. We went into the co-op today to get some corn for the deer and I realized they also sell the nice river rock by the load as well the most beautiful black soil I've ever seen....so I want to cover a lot of area that way to eliminate all that mowing! The ground covers would be great in combination with the river rock.

Now, I'm gonna start arranging me a spot for my computer and sewing machines in the greatroom while waiting for the painting to be done upstairs. It's truly an organized mess in this great room but it'll be fine. I'm saving my back and feet by not moving all this stuff too many times.

Hugs, Steph

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  5:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you are in good shape, Steph. How is the weather?

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  6:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I went to quilt class last Wed...4 hours..
I felt so clumsy that the hardest part was measuring and cutting.
I did finish 15 blocks and had several more cut and halfway sewn. A new measure and cutting technique I hadn't seen...so that was good.
Teacher says it is a beginners quilt but the first one I did wasn't.
I paid $20 for the 4 hours but I think it's worth it.
I'll take some pics when I can...it is pinks!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  10:12:59 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn,

It's been in the 60's - low 70's and has rained since we got here last Thursday. Tomorrow I think it's only a 20% chance and then back to 70% on Wednesday. People are saying they haven't had much rain so we need it.

The lawn keeper showed up today to look at the place..she will get back to us tomorrow with a price..the first time will be the major clean up and then they will come every other week. She pointed out that the weeds on the slope side of the property are a very good thing since they are good for erosion control...good point that neither of us had thought about.

We put out corn in one area and we started watching it tonight with our super bright light...so far tonight we've had a red fox and a raccoon chowing down on corn...

-------

Linda, I'm glad you enjoyed your quilting class....it's good to treat yourself to simple pleasures.

-------

I came across a "Super Scrapbooking" store today..it's huge with lots of clearance stuff...didn't go in but made note of it in my mind. ...this area is a mecca for discount name brand stuff..you name it, I think it's here somewhere.

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  8:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Okay, so where is everyone today?!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  07:44:23 AM  Show Profile
Probably partying. I just took it easy after a long day, and decided to watch some of my favorite shows. I had a hard time staying awake.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  08:20:16 AM  Show Profile
It's still raining here....good grief, gonna need to build an ark soon..the stream that runs along the road on down the hill is about to come out into the road.

I finally got some pictures edited..will blog this evening.

Sharon, so funny..when I saw your reply I remembered the chicken pattern..LOL My mind has been so scattered with the move and other things..It will be a few weeks still but it's coming!! I've got a list of all of you that had wanted it. I'll be sure to let you know when it finally gets mailed.

Waiting for the AC guy to come service this unit of ours and to get an estimate on the new unit. Already got one estimate from another dealer and just about fainted...

Steph

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  08:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, oh yeah. I have been busy that I forgot about it too. Just mail it when you can.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:57:09 PM  Show Profile
I just went out to the raised beds in back of my house to get some oregano, and I couldn't find any! I couldn't believe it, but then I looked around and it had jumped the bed and is now growing between the raised beds, I guess I should transplant some. I picked a handful to throw in the eggplant stuff i am making for supper. It smells great!

Now i'm drinking a bit of leftover strawberry margarita, we got some really nice strawberries the other day....I guess I won;t be getting much done tonight...but I do feel better!

I keep thinking about your cabin Steph, I know it is just going to be a perfect place, but the journey to get there is often sidetracked. Don't lose hope, I don';t know anyone in Maine with a finished house...it is the journey that is a big part of the adventure. Are you moved in for real now? If so , please email me your address.

Autumn, thank you so much for Gwen's book . I looked at it for a while and got re-inspired to whip out a few more quilts. I'm working on a string one at the moment....

karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
My 2nd quilting class was canceled today.
I decided to do what I could at home.
I did start cutting more out and I am going to finish up at least what I do know how to make. It is 60 quilt squares..keep me busy. It is so hard and confusing for me to cut out simple squares. Even that is confusing but I'm not giving up!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:36:53 PM  Show Profile
Karin, yes, I'm really moved for real! Hard to believe it's finally happened..YAHOOO!!!! LOL I'll email my mailing address to ya.

The price for cleaning up the yard the first time just about made me faint as well....with most of it on a good slope and we don't have the equipment needed we are kind of at a loss....so tomorrow I will call another person and get a second estimate..there's gotta be someone out there with a price we can afford. The carpenter comes tomorrow to give some estimates..we are hoping we can at least get a portion of one of the porches screened in and then as $$$ permits get other stuff done....yes, it's the adventure I guess...but I've had 45 years of moving around and too many adventures at this point..I just want to be settled and move on to normal everyday things like SEWING, CROCHETING, grocery shopping, gardening..ya know what I mean..

On a brighter note I did find some furniture to put in the great room. It will be delivered on Friday. I've been saving money for all of this for months and months but it seems we really need to hit the lottery to make this easier...hahahaha LOL Such is life...I can say we are totally blessed to have found this home for the price we got it for..it is amazing to us and probably always will be.

The other day you mentioned planting ground covers and in the new Country Living magazine there is a whole page of different ground covers listed..I'll post the names so you can give some feedback on them.

Talk to ya later,
Steph

* * * * * * www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com * * * * * *

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Albert Einstein ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  5:39:28 PM  Show Profile
Steph, it is so fun to listen to and invision all that you have going on. Yes, yards with slopes can be intimadating, getting it done by a professional at first to make sure you don't have major erosion, and do what is best is a smart move. Sucks that it tends to cost so much. But yippeee, pictures soon and you got to see a red fox and a racoon. I bet you are just revealing in it all.

Monica and Sharon, no partying here, just trying to get a few chores done. Didn't get my petunias planted but will try again this weekend. It is raining like crazy off and on here and it seems everytime I attempt to go out and attempt maybe a bit of planting it starts pouring.....lol. So me thinks it is suppose to have a wee bit of sun by Friday. Me thinks I shall wait.

Karin, what oregano going where ever it wants....lol. I have some in my lawn, in places I sure as heck didn't plant it. I do so like the smell of it. I put it by my grapevines at present. We shall see how that one goes. I can see my one little tulip that is blooming from my front door window. It is a pretty pink and white. I dug the bulbs up from a house that was being demolished so I have no idea what any of the colors of the few I got will be. Rather fun.

Linda, I am glad that you are going for it, you will get the hang of the new methods and good for you for cutting more out and doing what you know how to right now. Bummer that the class got canceled when you are on a roll. Just keep going, and good for you for doing it.

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  7:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Monica....You'll get both done way before Christmas!!!!! You are the busy bee!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  7:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmmmm...I'm a little behind the times since I missed lots of pages of posts!!!!

Great to get back to Washington State to my critters and in the garden. My blog this
week introduces my animals and tomorrow I'll have pictures of the yard, which really took
a beating due to the unusual weather. But every day I see new LIFE sprouting up all over!
YES! I'm happy!

Miss you Monica......but lunch as usual when I get back to AZ!!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  7:43:54 PM  Show Profile
Carol, Glad you are back in Wasington safe and sound. Off to check out your blog.....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page