Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  06:21:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey girlz!!
Just sent my sweet kids and grandbabies on their way back to Lubbock.
I am exhausted but fulfilled- we had an amazing time(pics on the blog soon!!!)

We squeezed every ounce of fun out of the time we had together.

Only bad part was the events my other son was going through this week. Believe me- you never want to hear a 34 year old,big man, cry with a broken heart@!!!!!
This battle over his boy is killing him....and us.
Please pray for him ,if it comes to mind!!!!

We have warm days and a bit of rain ...but no hint of cold left down here!!!
Work on the little house was postponed but we start all over tonight!
WOO!HOO!!!!
Love to all of you!! I miss you...but things will hopefully slow down for all of us soon!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  06:58:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! The sun is out, it looks like another beautiful day here. I am in agony with fibro, got a little too carried away with hoisting rocks yesterday, I have to remember to do it in smaller bits, but I get so carried away at the beach....I think i may have learned my lesson (fat chance,ha!) and will remember to take life in tinier bits.

Tried to get some pictures of some Jacob sheep yesterday, but my camera must be on its last legs, or maybe it is just me, fumblefingers. I took one picture of my shadow and one with my finger in the picture, I think i'll just take a sketchbook next time...

Well time to make some coffee and take my fistful of meds, I'm going to sit in the sun for a while and see if that helps.Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  10:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Ronna, It was the Laughlin River Run! There are a lot of bikes that come up here over the weekend so it seems like we have our own rally here in Oatman!

Carol Sue, I hope you are staying warm up there!

Autumn, I will keep praying for your family!!!!

Karin, Easy on the rocks, girl!! I hope you are feeling better! Enjoy the sun for me, It's cloudy here today!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  2:44:47 PM  Show Profile
Monica, can I have some of your sun....my fingers are even cold today....lol. They do say sun this weekend!!!!!

Autumn, yes, will be praying, so hard for a family to go through....glad that you had a good time with your family then back to the house again. Soon and you will be done with more family close by. Yippeee

Karin girl, those rocks and you obviously had way to much fun yesterday!!!!!! Yes, tiner bits, hahahahaha. Yes I know take my own advice!!!!! LOL But you just want to get more done because it is your gardens and you can just see what they are suppose to look like nad you want to get it htere....grin.

Sewing at present, drinking some hot tea to keep the fingers warm!!!!! Off for a hot shower just to warm up!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Tina: I am sure your lovely house will go soon. It is a good time for getting a mortgage with all the incentives. People will come and someone will buy!!

Autumn: Your poor son. My heart breaks for a man who has to cry over his children. What is wrong with people? You are in my prayers.

We had a very, very warm spell here. 90s for a few days after we were freezing last week!!

I posted a clothespin apron that is for a swap on another thread. You guys will love the fabric I used for it. It was in my stash for years!!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:55:52 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, where on earth did you find that gorgeous fabric?
BTW-Great job on the apron.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  4:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Sharon: My husband and I do a lot of daytrips for hunting and fishing. We always incorporate a quilt shop in the day and this was from a cool place in Connecticut. It's about 4 years old (the fabric) and I got like 4 yards of it. I cannot remember the name of the place, but it was all messy inside (but clean!) and there was fabric all over the store! It was not like the one in Penn. but there was so much to look at.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  7:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, great job on the apron and that is fabulous fabric to say the least....your hubby did a good job on that cold frame too.

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  7:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, well it would be hopeless now to find something like it.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  8:56:14 PM  Show Profile
awesome cold frame sheryl-lyn

ok so i am putting on the waist bands to my minis and they should be in the mail by friday, could someone send me the address to mail them to i dont seem to have it.

we have had a lot of fun with the kids this last weekend and boy am i pooped out.
working on cleaning the house, so chat with you gals later.
teething baby wimpering at me yet again today

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  05:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
poor baby teething...I think it seems like they teeth for months! Boy do I remember those days.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  05:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Guess what!!
I am taking quilting class again...it's been a couple of years....I don't know how time flies.

I think you pick out a design and they teach you how to make it and you can work at your own pace. It is $15 for 5 hours of class in one day!! That is a great price...I'm going to start going as often as I can.
yippee.....I still have things to practice like the 1/4 inch seams and keeping the sandwich straight and flat. I am so excited!!
I have only quilted a small baby blanket before even smaller than crib size. That is sure different than adult bed size..

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  05:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I got box with lots of pink prints to use...for my bedroom. That is what got me going on starting a new quilt.
Thanks again Sheryl-lyn

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Edited by - yarnmamma on Apr 29 2009 05:34:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  08:31:00 AM  Show Profile
YOOOOOO!HOOOO! Anybody out there?????

Guess everyone is busy in the garden!!!!
I FINALLY got the borders on the "forever" quilt!!!
Go to my Quilt-n-stitch topic to see it!!!
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13536&whichpage=1

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  08:32:14 AM  Show Profile
Sorry- I posted the first page link- just go to page 25 ( the last page for pics) :0

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  10:13:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies!!

Autumn, The quilt is very beautiful!! As soon as I get a bit more cleaned up in the house, I think I am going to start a small quilt! It's been a while since I have done one, but I recently got a magazine that has a really pretty flower quilt that I would like to make! I may make one for both of my girls! If I start now maybe I will have something done for Christmas!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  12:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow~It's been a busy week. I can't believe it's Thursday afternoon already. I actually need to run outside to put some of my plants in the ground before the rain comes. It has been gorgeous here since last Friday. My daughter and I went to our local homeschool conference last weekend and had a great time. Sunday we had to work and then we went to the park. Monday was a busy catch up on the laundry day. Tuesday~ortho and art classes. We have been working hard trying to get all of our school work done, too.

We had a meeting for our coop~planning for next year and our regular classes. Went grocery shopping and to Joanns for some yarn. Just got in a few minutes ago.

Now you know why I haven't been here in over a week. The time is just flying by. Tomorrow we are going fishing with our homeschool group and on Saturday we are going to a special trip with hubby's job. I don't know when I'll catch my breath.
I just wanted to stop by and say hello!!!

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  1:40:57 PM  Show Profile
I got most of the rocks out of my car. Now I just have to start figuring out how to get them around the corner of the porch. I am trying to behave myself and not do too much at once....I have really enjoyed the sunshine this week. Saturday is supposed to be rainy, I may just go to the state quilt meeting, the guild always has an interesting speaker and a trunk show.

Ruth, you are a busy woman! It sounds like thingws are going well at your house. I've got to peek at your blog and see what is going on...

Steph, are you going to be moved in to the fabulous cabin soon? I seem to have some short term memory loss this week, I get loopy from the insomnia stuff. I can't wait to see what you and
Thomas do with it.

I am preparing myself to go "DOWN CELLAR" I hope I don't encounter too many slimy critters, we always seem to get a small herd of salamanders after a few days of intense rain. I have dropped and broken a lot of dishes and glasses lately and I know I've got some spares down there somewhere...Well i'm going to go soak up a little sunshine first.

Sharon, if you send a picture of the fabric that Sheryl-lyn used to Keepsake Quilting, they have a massive amount of fabric and are always glad to see if they have what you want. I suspect their address is just KeepsakeQuilting.com I have gotten things from them in the past, and they are nice to deal with...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Edited by - electricdunce on Apr 30 2009 6:16:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  1:58:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey Karin, thanks for mentioning that shop. I went to keepsakequilting.com they have some really nice stuff there. and not too badly priced either.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  9:45:40 PM  Show Profile
hey gals i dont know what happened to the week but its been busy, and its not slowing down either

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  9:51:16 PM  Show Profile
autumn that quilt is georgious and that doesnt even do it justice

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  07:05:59 AM  Show Profile
Karin, same here. I did get some aprons sewed up this week (one special order), and I am now working on some machine embroidered hens and roosters for a customer. I was freaking out because I couldn't find the designs. Whew! I found them.

I am going to visit the craft show that I did for about 10 or 11 years, maybe more today I like the show because things are handmade. Now, of course I can not leave without the famous ginger cookies and huge chocolate chip cookies. I will get to hopefully visit with the promoters who are dear friends, and fellow crafters, and maybe some long time customers as well. My oldest son is going with me, only because he wants to stop by this huge garden nursery along the way.

The promoters are in their 80's and they do so much for the community. Last September, the elderly woman Karlene came down with West Nile Virus, but it took a week for the doctors to discover it. They almost lost her, but she is on the road to recovery. It is said that it will take a year to recover. I spoke with her yesterday, and she sounded so good.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  1:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Well for some unknown reason i decided to go to the state quilt guild meeting this morning. First aI had to meet up with people at 8 a.m., and not having slept much, I was really wonky by the time I got to the car pool area. I had taken my meds but i had no breakfast so i was pretty tired when i got there. After the business meeting, there was show and tell, always a lot of fun. My favorite was this huge hand quilted raffle quilt one of the chapters ahd made, it had elements of antique quilts in it, but the colors were bright and lively , not too much, not screaming neon, and it was just a dazzler.

I think I'm going to crawl upstairs and take a nap, not a good idea, but I don't think I can function when I'm so slug like.

Rain this morning, but clearing away this afternoon. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and that the sun is shining in your neighborhood.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  8:21:30 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, it has been an interesting day.

On the way to the craft show, we stopped at
the Botanical Gardens in Claremont. Wonderful place. Anyways, before
reaching the Botanical Gardens, Jason and I heard a noise. After
visiting the Gardens, we drove off, but now there was a different
noise. The rear left tire was flat. Jason changed the tire, which I
am extremely grateful. It was a royal pain, as I am sure he will tell
you. We had to drive no faster than to mph on the narrow tire, until
we reached a Costco. We dropped off the tire, as we were told it
would be a 2 hour wait. If I waited there for 2 hours, I would miss
the show and my friends. We now have a fixed tire. It was so nice to
drive 65 mph again. I think that others thought that I was nuts, as I
had to drive about 4 to 7 miles on the freeway at 50 mph. I would
have taken the side streets, but there is no clear way to get to and
from Costco on surface streets.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  3:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Ny goodness this week flew by, yes I think Steph is on the road and taking care of her new digs with hubby.

Linda, we are pround of you for taking quilt classes and doing something fun for yourself. Yipppeee for you.

Ruth, glad that you had a good conference and sounds like you weekend will be just as busy.

Monica, shoot just totally forgot what I was going to ask you....hmmmm maybe in a couple of days I will remember.

Karin, you be careful with those rocks girl!!!!! I know you want to see how they will look, but your body will tell on you.
Yikes, you are doing water exploration in your basement. Don't lose yourself down there girl.

Sharon, those donut tires are just so very strange to drive on. Glad you both were safe though.

Hmmm, now Jess must still be working on the never ending coop.
I am sure Autumn, is still working on the house as well.

Will have to check on Carol and see if she has settled at home in Washington yet.

We had a couple sunny days but the rain is back again. I was going to get my little garden ready but will wait for a couple more days. I seem to be enjoying the spring more than I anticipated, I have a head cold and allergies. Not conducive to bending over and playing in the dirt!!!! Bend over and fall over. Yep can't you just see it now.

Autumn, beautiful quilt girl.

So gonna go find the tea and kleenexes again.......

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page