Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:57:29 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, what a horrible situation. I just don't understand people who use their children as weapons. How sad, and yes I have noticed with friends in similar situations, the courts prove to be very ineffective. So sorry to hear of this. Poor kid.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  1:49:16 PM  Show Profile
Autumn,

I remember the last time you posted about this situation..it hit close to home for me..My oldest stepson has one child..he is now almost 20..my how time marches by!

But we had the same wicked bad DIL..she only kept the child to bleed my son for the child support..and sadly, we knew that the money went to her and not him..she was a party girl and would leave the child by himself while she'd go out and then she'd bring the men home to spend the night..to say the least the child had an awful example of everyday life imprinted oh him.

The tides changed one summer though....the DIL made the irreversible mistake of sending the child to his dad for the summer (she had plans and didn't need him around)..the child was 13 years old...he told his dad that he would not go back to his mom and that he wanted to tell a judge where he wanted to live...(yes, the kid grew up very fast through those years of abuse and misguidance).

So anyhow...that was the end of the path..the child stayed with his dad and when the mother raised 10 kinds of hell and threatened lives and all that she was so good at..she LOST!!!

So I stand by the conviction that a parent can brainwash a child *for a season* but the day will arrive when YOUR grandchild will realize they have their own opinions to forge and that's when the tide will turn for all of you...meanwhile, the wait is pure agony..but I do know in my heart that this situation will change in the future..sadly, not when WE want it too but never the less it will change.

My prayers are with you and your family that something will shift in a positive way for the child and your family.

Hugs, Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  4:33:39 PM  Show Profile
Zan and I took a little trip to the beach this afternoon to collect rocks for the garden path. Coldish, windy, but at least the sun was out. A man was there with his two little boys, we said hi and talked about what a treat the beach is and how we have to enjoy it the few months we get to. It made me think of all the times I took the kids to the beach when they were small and what fun we always had. I always enjoy a walk on the beach,

Well, I guess I didn't really fix the dryer, but i have a couple more things to try before I admit defeat.

Tomorrow is Zan's birthday so i guess I will bake her a cake tonight. She said i didn't have to, but I think it is a brilliant idea. I have a few little things to wrap up for her and of course, a handmade card. I always enjoy that...

Steph, I'm glad you got your foot braces, yes it is so horrible to see what is charged by the doctors' offices because they know the insurance company wil cough it up. I hope they work for you...
Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  9:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, I am so sorry to hear about the situation that your son is going through! I will be praying for him! Maybe you could write letters and date them for the day when you do get to see your grandchild! It would be overwhelming evidence that you did not abandon him!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  10:17:44 PM  Show Profile
oh autumn you are on my thoughts and i will be praying for you.

well i wont be on for several days again girls tommorrow i have the party and then its the weekend and i will be spending time with my family.

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  4:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Dont want anyone falling over in shock, but I actually unearthed the Bernina today. Now my hallway is lined with books, magazines, fabric, etc. but will deal with that AFTER I make the mini aprons. Yipppeeee.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  4:37:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh Ronna you beat me to the punch, I was planning to announce the long anticipated appearance of the sewing machine at your house, but my computer is very slow today. I think once you get sewing on that Bernina there is no telling what you'll be creating.

My old one is driving me nuts because the light keeps turning off, I guess it is a loose something or other. I guess I['m going to have to break down and investigate. The other day my cat Dimsdale was doing sprints on my table and she knocked the machine to the floor. I did that last week and it broke off half the foot pedal. I seem to have the knack of sabotaging all things electrical.

I hope everyone had a nice sunny day today, I certainly enjoyed it, but I am feeling tired, too much rock toting and arranging I suppose.

Every time I see that post about green recipes i start laughing, thinking of the time my brother and I ( OH it could have just been me) got hold of some food coloring, The potatoes were blue, green eggs, etc. My parents were not impressed...Well I'm obviously starting to babble incoherently so I better go check on supper, and of course I have to keep an eye on the Red Sox, playing the Yankees today, that always provides lots of entertainment...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  5:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Autumn: How horrible to use a child like that and deprive him of all the love and support he deserves from his ENTIRE family. Well, manipulating people do get their just desserts in the end, that is for certain. I am praying for the child and for you all. One day, you will come together again when he is old enough to see what his mother truly is.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  9:31:14 PM  Show Profile
Goodness you girls have been busy fixing dryers, doing tons of laundry, adventuring on a beach, oh how I would love a walk on the beach, unearthing Bernina's!!!!! clapping in applause for that one,
most of all, my heart goes out to you Autumn, for your son and for your entire family. Hugs and hugs. Had sil who caused our family great grief.....can somewhat understand, will be praying.

Chiller here today, dd had party and it went great. I did the easy task, I watched Mr Caleb. Smart aren't I!!!!!!
Did a few tasks around the house and slowing down. Head feels like it is going to explode!!!!! Meds taken, will take more shortly if this doesn't work!!!!! But head or no head, lol, I had to come check on you girls....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  06:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, your ex-dil is a mirror image of my ex-sil. Wicked and evil to the core. When my brother was married to her, she started the manipulation. My brother has long been divorced from her and remarried a wonderful young woman, but the ex still has her claws out like a cat ready to attack. Too much to tell here, but if you think of your ex dil, then you know what my ex sil is like.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  06:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh Autumn I will pray for your situation also...how sad that must be.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  08:56:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all of you!
I'm ok now- better anyway.

See why I sew so franticly??? It keeps me from thinking too much.
I'm really enjoying having my son & his family here-I'll share the fun on my blog once they are gone- we are far too busy having fun to do it now!!!
Love to all of you!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  10:55:43 AM  Show Profile
Went to the beach AGAIN! What fun. i try not to get too carried away picking up rocks but there are such nice granite ones, and ones loaded with mica, and i am on a mission...

Finally managed to make a clothespin apron that looks ok. The first one looked great to me, until I finished it and realized the pockets were totally askew. It was fun to do this one, and jess is going to put it on here when she gets a nanosecond to do so...Thank you, Jess.

I hope the sun is out everywhere and that you are all hooting it up!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  12:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Sun is out in NV, but woke up to a couple inches of wet snow on the ground. It's about half melted.
Mini's are all cut out, two done and will go work on them now. Out of bread so I have a loaf rising. Easier than going to the store and will taste better anyway.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  12:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Wow Ronna....snow! Its time for Spring...tell your weather man!

It is in the 80s here today...hottest of the year so far.
I'm almost ready for the air conditioner!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  2:17:19 PM  Show Profile
We had close to record heat last week, but another cold system blew in.
Carol Sue got it first. We need the moisture and more snow in the Sierras for water this summer, so for that it's good. Nevada is known for extreme temp changes. Truckers have had to chain up over the summit on the 4th of July.
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  4:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Well, after all this time, the Bernina got back at me. Got two mini's sewn, only one I'd share with anyone. Screen (it's powered by Microsoft, called a sewing computer) said to check the hook. I did, cleaned it out, though there was no lint or threads and gave it one drop of oil per instructions. It
still made a buzzing noise which is not right, so it's shut down and going to the dealer. For what the damn thing cost, it should be A#1 perfect.
I'm taking my anger out on the mess I made down the hall to get into the sewing room and sit at it.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  4:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

Oh Ronna, bad sewing machine!
sorry to hear that.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  4:44:16 PM  Show Profile
ohhhhh i hate when that kind of thing happens.

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  11:21:01 PM  Show Profile
hey gals..we finally have the house on the market..yay..please send good vibes that we can sell it soon. ~Tina
if you'd like to see it here are some pics/and if you know of anyone wanting to move to Florida send them our way:
www.gardengoose.blogspot.com

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  04:14:38 AM  Show Profile
Tina, you and your family did a nice job on the house, and it appears to be priced right. Something like that there would run a lot more here in California, and I have a feeling that it will be sold quickly.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  5:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
good luck Tina...and good vibes and prayers your way now..

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  8:51:41 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is having a good evening!

It was a very busy weekend here! We had a motorcycle rally in town and I was set up to sew patches on! I was hoping to make more than I did, but it wasn't too bad! Yesterday and today I have been fighting with my computer trying to get back on Firefox with no luck what-so-ever! It has been very frustrating considering all of my bookmarks were on there and now I can't find anything and I am having to figure out what my passwords were! My computer seems to have a mind of it's own right now and unfortunately my neighbor who usually helps me is out of town!!! Aagggggg!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  10:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Monica, was the bike rally in Oatman? I'm trying to remember when Laughlin is, we only went once, the year after the big shooting fiasco. I think that's still in the courts for some of them.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  10:42:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh how we need our computer buddies to help us out.
Obviously everyone is quite busy. Cold here again, and they saw...yep maybe a wee bit of snow. Sorry Ronna if that means it is headed your way. I told the weatherman no, I didn't want anymore but he wasn't listening!!!!! They do say some sun by this weekend. There is hope yet!!!!

So Karin since you played on the beach and moved rocks, how are you doing?

Autumn, you have a great time with your family. You deserve to have some fun, don't we all when it comes to that.

Tina, yep sending it your way girl, for your house to sell quickly and for you to get what you need. I bet you are glad you are ready to rock and roll with this.

So Linda, what are you doing lately?

You gals have a great morning....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page