Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  06:39:14 AM  Show Profile
good morning, ladies!!

we are working on school and it's a dreary rainy day out. YUCK!!

this afternoon we have our art class and that's all we have planned. quiet day.

Steph~I hope you can find some relief first. My mom did have the shots for her feet and they helped at first but not in the long run. It became worse. I hope you find an alternative that brings relief.

Carol Sue~yeah~now you can take pictures and post them.

Ronna~too funny about the pocket watch.

Teresa~that happened here with my son's art picture. I couldn' t find it and was so upset and it had slid between the desk and the couch.

Linda~how was your date? I don't have a gps but my friend does and it's not a good one. It tells you about the turns when it's too late already.

Have a good day! Send me some sunshine ladies!

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  06:54:38 AM  Show Profile
I found this on a blog I visit yesterday. I wanted to give you a head's up about it. I put the followers box on my blog and also added myself to blogs I like to follow and in a couple of days my internet security started going crazy and blocking all kinds of things and not letting me visit any blogs. Once I took off the followers and stopped following blogs it stopped. I don't know where the problem came from but someone else had this problem too~this is a quote from her blog:

A few days ago I had a strange follower added to my friends list. I noticed my computer started acting crazy. That one "friend" did a ton of damage. What I didnt know was that our friends link their blogs to ours. If they have problems or bugs they can pass them on to us.

Just wanted to let you know so you can protect your computer from damage.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  06:56:38 AM  Show Profile
mid 80's being sent Ruth's direction. I'm ready for spring!
Looks like my 10 bags of irises won't get planted this time, he didn't roto till an area for them yet. He'll get tired of seeing them bagged and do it.
Hope everyone has a lovely day.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  08:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I need some warmer days!!
My date was ok....
I don't want to go into detail on this public forum but I may see him again.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  09:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Ronna, I''m glad to hear you made it to the car show. It is always good to cross a few county lines once in a while. And I wish you'd send some of that heat up this way, it is really cold and dank here today/

Steph, well my dear I hope you get some relief with the orthodontist, it sure makes sense to check everything out before you leap in to try something.Hard to be patient though, i'll be sending heaing thoughts your way.

Carol Sue, Yay, you found the camera cable! They do sneak into the most unliikeoly places. I still have a missing library book somewhere..it is driving me nuts.

Today I got an e mail from someone in my quilt group with a slide show from some Quilt Show with pictures of my Red Owls quilt at the Chicago Show, That was a nice surprise. I feel liike I need about four quilts piled on to me and then that extra layer of fur, some nice cat heating pads.
My pain level is pretty bad a t the moment, but I suppose I'd better get dressed and get moving, there is that ever looming pile of laundry to do
I know what you mean about the laundry breeding behind your back, Carol Sue ,and then it eats the occasional sock or pair of undies just to keep you on your toes....

The rain is really pelting down today, I'm sure my cellar is filling up with water, but I'm deciding I'm just not going to look down there. It isn't like I can do anything about it.

Time to start gagging down my meds, the start of another day...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  11:54:07 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, I suspect that Blogger itself has been part of the problem..I've had messages from blogger show up in my dashboard beside particular blogs that I have....then in a day or so they disappear. My virus software has killed a few trojans lately too. Haven't had anything strange with my followers list (yet).

It's beautiful here today but the wind is howling at 30mph.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  1:33:45 PM  Show Profile
Karin, shortly I will have kitty pictures for you on my blog, if it lets me on. Yesterday it wouldn't let me do a thing!!!!
To say I was excited about finding the camera cord is an understandment. Yes, will be beleiving for major sunshine soon to Ruth and Karin and anybody else that needs it.

Steph I am glad you didn't go for the shoots and were paying attention especially with your blood pressure. Braces sound like a good idea and even better if they give you releif.
Is the the last of this month that you head out to your cabin? That is not that far away girl!!!!

Ok, back outside to soak up more sun, it must be done while I can do it....grin.....

We are having usually warm weather for two days, will almost be 80 here today, planting down my peas, cause rain for the next couple of days and back to upper 50's. Yes, spring here in the northwest!!!!!!

Ronna, glad that you are having great weather, and those little irises still have to wait....bummer. Maybe good too as you have not been feeling good and are in recoup. That way you won't overdo. Hope you are out enjoying your great weather.

Ruth thank you for the information. I know that something is going on with blogger cause it is being a pain for me lately.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  2:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Linda, you can have some of our hot weather. It is in the high 90's for the 3rd day straight.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  5:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
90 is too hot....just send me enough to make it 70 here...you can keep some of that heat...LOL

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  6:25:28 PM  Show Profile
90, whoa, isn't that a little early for you to have Sharon?

Finally planted my peas and went and figured out where I want my garden bed to go, but it may have to be in pots for this year as we are adding on 10 ft to the mobile, prayerfully and my garden would be right in the center of things....for moving and storing materials in our small yard, may have to be satistied to get it ready for a garden in the fall for next year, my compost pile should be awesome by then....drat buckets, so to the pots I will go....lol

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  8:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, It has been hot here too! Last week it was 40 and trying to snow. This week it's in the 90's! Go figure!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  9:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Monica, it is such a drastic change. I remember when we to Las Vegas one time in August. It was 90+ degrees at 10 pm.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  10:00:16 PM  Show Profile
well i have been busy getting ready for kaitrens cupcake party and i think i am set party wise now just to get the house the rest of the way clean, ikes things just explode when you arent looking

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  08:00:09 AM  Show Profile
good morning girls
i have the kiddos off to the school and now i am gonna start some laundry after i eat breakfast.
the weather is sunny here at the moment but it looks like it may change.
so how is everyone and what are you up to?

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  10:27:11 AM  Show Profile
I BELIEVE I JUST KILLED THE CLOTHES DRYER, A REAL TRAGEDY FOR ME. Ah well, such is life. The sun is coming out and Zan and I are going to go take a walk on the beach...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  10:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Karin~sorry to hear about the clothes dryer.

Monica~I can't believe it's 90 there. Glad to hear that things are better with the house situation.

It started off sunny here but now it's turning cloudy and going to rain again. This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous here. I am going to our homeschool convention and will be inside most of the day. My daughter is coming with me. Hubby will take the day off to be with our son. They will have a great day, I'm sure. Lots of great weather to enjoy.

I really need to get some laundry and cleaning done. I got a couple of baskets put away yesterday. I have a load to fold, a load in the wash and two more waiting. I am feeling a bit drab much like the weather.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  1:09:34 PM  Show Profile
Zan and I decided to go to the beach, when we got there it was totally socked in with fog. Zan refused to get out of the car, but I did get some rocks for my path and a couple pictures that I posted on my blog. Now it is totally foggy here...

I think I have fixed the dryer, it is starting to work again. If I weren't such an old wimp I'd have a real clothesline again. I don't even have one anymore, it is just too much for me to drag the baskets of wet clothes outside.

Ruth, sounds like you have a nice weekend coming up. I hope the weather does well by you. Sunshine is always a great addition. I am so tired of being soggy and cold!!

Okay, back to the laundry adventure...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  1:24:21 PM  Show Profile
Karin,

A clothes dryer is a must have!! Hope you fixed it...from following your weather conditions I don't think you'd have but a fews months that the clothesline would even be worth it..LOL Not to mention the spiders and other insects that get in the clothes...I lived out in the woods the last time I had one so that probably accounted for the bugs getting in my clothes...I'd bring them in and spiders would crawl out! So that ended that!! LOL

Hope everyone is having a grand day....we still have sunshine and it's almost 80 degrees.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  1:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Karin~it is cloudy here again. The sun came out for about an hour and then more clouds. YUCK!! Glad to hear that your dryer is working. I love the clothesline but it is tough to haul it out to the line~wet and heavy.

I finally got off my butt and stopped playing on the computer. I cleaned the bathroom, washed the floor, vacuumed, folded a couple loads of laundry, now there's one in the dryer and another in the washer. Supper is my next task. Wanted to check in with everyone first.

Steph~I'm lucky and don't get any spiders and bugs in my clothes or they wouldn't go out. We need sunshine here.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  4:13:01 PM  Show Profile
well the sunshine went away about nineish and it has been cloudy ever since.
i need to get off my tucas and do some laundry and dishes. so far today i have played with the baby and taken a heavenly nap with him. then blown up two hundred little balloons, my fingers hurt from tying them. oh yeah and i took a nice walk for excersise(sp)
now to finally get a shower and then put a load of laundry in and then do a load of dishes and start dinner.

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  5:34:53 PM  Show Profile
I believe I'm going to have to do a little ore tinkering with my dryer..ho hum. Yes I did get spiders when I hung things outside years ago, but they never bothered me that much. I am always amazed at the people I see here putting their clothes out in the winter, frozen solid. I grew up right on the ocean and we always had a lot of laundry on racks and the radiators inside our house. Somehow I don't think putting them on the heating units o y floor would work out very well. I do have some drying racks and they are nice to use in the winter, put a little moisture in the air as well...
I'm being wicked and watching the red Sox for a bit, I really should be doing something a bit more constructive, well, I am making dinner, I suppose that counts for something.

Yes we have had enough of this rain, the roads are starting to crumble on the edges, and we do have huge potholes on y road, par for this neck of the woods..lots of signs up aying no heavy loads on the back roads.

My daffodils are blooming though, and that is a bit of a treat, I wish we'd get some leaves, I do see a hint of green in the back field, that is nice. A little sunshine will transform the brownness. I am always impressed when after a few days of rain the sun comes out and suddenly the lawn is a hayfield in two days. I am turning my lawn into ground cover, much easier to deal with.

supper is ready, i'm off, K.

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  6:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Steph: Hope the braces help out. Always good to try that first anyway.

Karin: It is green here on Long Island now. A few more weeks, and the trees will be in full leafy wonder!!

Hi everyone!!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  11:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I've had a good visual of frozen clothes on the line. The spiders became an issue when I'd put something on and they'd be there and then BITE me....too many brown recluse spiders where I was living..anyhow...wound up with a few bites that stayed for months on end and then they'd disappear and then reappear with the itching all over again. A real pain! or I should say a real ITCH..LOL

So how's the dryer tonight??

Thanks, Sheryl-lyn.....I'm ordering the foot braces on my own (like Bev told me to do to begin with..LOL)...I had the appointment for tomorrow to get them at the Orthopedic doc...called them today to ask what they were going to charge me for them...so after I got beyond the common answer of "your insurance will take care of it" and me telling them what my deductible is and I haven't met it this year and just totally put them on the spot for a price I told them to cancel the appointment. It was going to wind up to be many $100's out of my pocket..totally insane when I can order them for under $100...I just thought it would be convenient to go get them from a local doc...LOL The price of the convenience was a bit too expensive for me.

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Apr 22 2009 11:05:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:07:24 AM  Show Profile
hey girls~ sad news here today.
My oldest son ,who has been to hell and back with his ex-wife, has gotten word that he is being sued for their son to be adopted by his step-father.
Yes- I know he Can fight it and yes I know it isn't right but just imagine the most devious wicked mother you can- appearing to be a saint ,complete with all the skills of manipulation and deception in her hands- dealing out pain and misery for 10 years on a daily basis to my son, who simply put, is a gentle-spirited man. He is exhausted and has an otherwise happy marriage with 3 beautiful children-(1 which is autistic)that she threaten to ruin if this keeps up and you have a glimpse of the situation.

My grandson ,who is 10, has been kept from us for over 3 years now-the courts are useless in enforcing the visitation or any other provision in his behalf.
Suffice it to say that he(grandson) is brainwashed to believe we have abandoned him.
I am so very sad.
The courts have abandoned us for the past 10 years and there is no reason to think this will be different- there are no more resources financially or emotionally to fight.

In 15 days we will know the outcome.
Just venting- as far as I know she doesn't lurk me here- kinda safe I hope.
Just pray for me and my son.
Thank you my friends-

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Autumn~I am so sorry to hear about this. It is so sad and truly a trying and difficult situation. I will be praying that God will be working on your son's behalf and there will be peace in his heart and yours. It is terrible when parents act like spoiled children and hurt their children and others.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page