Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi gals,
I am planning on getting a GPS...I really need one! I get lost too easily and drive around in 2 cities that are so confusing to me.
I'm going to put the topic in Across the Fence but wanted to ask here also if anyone has one that they love.
I hear that some are not easy to use.
what do you think??

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:44:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday,Jess! I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Jess!! I just noticed that it was your birthday.
Love ya!!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  10:52:40 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!
May all of your wishes be granted this day.

Hugs to you, Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Jess.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:04:09 AM  Show Profile
Jess, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a great day!

Steph, I hope all goes well with the shots!!

Ronna, Congrats on the award!!!

Well Carol headed back up to Washington today!! We were hoping to get together one last time, but some things came up and they needed to be home by the end of the week! Please say a prayer that they have good weather and a nice trip back home!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Apr 20 2009 11:08:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Ronna~I thought of you this weekend when you were off to the car show. Did you keep warm on the way there? Congratulations on the award. Sounds like a fun time.

Monica~How is the house situation? I have been thinking about it~do you find out anything else? Will you be getting the land?

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:44:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I've been busy finally painting that bedroom, so now the rest of the house is a mess, but wanted to check in and see what everyone has been up to - the weather here was absolutely gorgeous over the weekend! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS! - I bet the little ones will have a great birthday for Mommy!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  12:08:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone.

I have fallen off the planet, I am trying to get back on. I know most of you have emailed me about various things. I will get back to all of you, might take a few days.

Sounds like u all r busy.

good luck steph..ugh.

linda we have a magellan and garmin

i like the cheap magellan better, very simple to use, my hubs has very complex garmin he loves, i cant use his..too many features

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Jess!!!
Hope its a fun day and ya get treated special by the munchkins!!!!
Still working like crazy here- non-stop all the way.
Tonight we put insulation and paneling up. Tomorrow some minor wiring in damaged part of the house and then the cabinets on Wednesday.
I'm thinking the appliances will go in by Friday-IF we get the floor done.
We may make that 3 week deadline after all!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, Just one more question on the Sourdough starter I put it away in the fridge and it now has black hootch on top. What to do what to do.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:46:49 PM  Show Profile
thanks autumn, can i borrow your crew. I have an unfinished coop here!! hahaha!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:49:13 PM  Show Profile
stir it in diana

-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  3:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Good thats what I did. Then I got to thinking serves me right for thinking huh.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  3:17:51 PM  Show Profile
Wow~Autumn~your crew works quick. I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

It's raining here now and dreary. I have a couple of baskets of laundry to put away and another load in the dryer to fold.

I've spent some time blog hopping and seeing what everyone is up to. I love to look and find new ideas.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  3:47:16 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESS!!!! Hope it is a great one!! XXOO

Steph: Hope you are well today! It's ok to be a chicken about needles (unless they are for sewing, knitting, etc.)

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile
thanks my friend

-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  5:47:46 PM  Show Profile
oh my i forgot to mention that we have a birthday at our house this week too. my oldest is turning nine, we are gonna have a cupcake making party for her and eat ice cream.

hey i made it past a thousand posts woohoo
www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com

Edited by - Lavendar fields dreamer on Apr 20 2009 5:49:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  5:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday to the little nine year old! I used to have make your own cupcake parties for my kids.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  5:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, Things have calmed down at the house a lot! Gary and John had a confrontation a few weeks ago and that seemed to take care of a lot of the problems! Gary pretty much told him what we were able to do and if that wasn't going to work for John we would move! Since then things have been 100% better here! We were also able to get everything taken care of with the check! Gary's boss did offer to let us stay in a mobile home up here rent free for 6 months if push comes to shove, so it's nice to know we have a back-up just in case! I am not sure what is going on right now with the property! The cool thing is Gary has been talking lately about wanting to get enough space to start a farm! Yipee!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  6:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Jess!!!!! Hope you had an enjoyable day and someone cooked dinner for you!!!!!!

Oh Monica, cool, enough room to have a farm. That is great thinking....

Steph been thinking about you today!!!!

Autumn, wow is your crew going to town.

Ronna, sure glad that you had a good time.

Yep, warm temps here too, 73 today, close to 70 tomorrow and then 70 again. Then we get the normal 50's and rain off and on. Such is spring. Just a tease for May. The funny part is we haven't had a 70 degree since October 2nd. Gosh that is a long time....no wonder I want to soak up the sun!!!

Ya want a shock!!!!! I finally finally found my crazy camera cord and not in a place I would have even looked. I can't beleive I found it in my carrying case I was decoupaging. What the heck!!!!! But yipppe I finally found it. That was great!!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  7:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Diana, Jess is my "back up person" for sourdough questions. Some people pour the hootch off, I stir it back in. Can't say for sure if it makes a huge difference, so do what makes you feel comfortable. If it's in something like a tupperware, it will sit quietly until you want to use it again. I'd suggest marking the container so it doesn't get mistaken for a science experiment.
Ruth, I wore my down Lands End jacket and took a down blanket to cover my legs. The grouch said there wasn't enough room, but I just ignored him. It was cold heading up there but nice on the way home.
Mid 80's here today, almost record breaking. Larry had the lawn de-thatched and bagged 5 huge garbage bags of dead lawn today. I asked if he about had sunstroke in the heat, did notice he drank lots of water.
Tomorrow will be hot too, then cool off again. He goes back to Alaska tomorrow afternoon.
Hope the foot procedure will help, Steph. As I've told you, when your feet hurt, you hurt all over. Not something you can ignore.
Carol Sue, the camera cord was hiding from you, isn't that silly. I "lost" an antique pocket watch once, looked for it for a couple of years. It was in the coin section of my wallet/checkbook all that time, with me wherever I went. Now it's in the safe.
Surely I missed some comments, will catch up again later.
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  8:21:32 PM  Show Profile
ok that was funny ronna that it was with you everywhere you went. i found our lost school library book, it was slid between the wall and my cutting mat some place i never would have looked found it by accident while looking for something baby had right there and was basically flat so i thought i would check and wowzie one library book.

www.lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  9:35:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey there,

No shots today..I was referred to the Orthopedic doc and got an appointment for this Thursday afternoon...After discussion of what's in the shots and that they can affect your blood pressure too *for a short period of time*... I said NO to it...but the doc said that sometimes the shots can cause more problems in the long run. In addition to the pain factor of the shot I really wasn't hip on injecting that concoction into my body but am at my wits end.

After going through the anti-inflammatory causing my blood pressure to spike I try to think for more than a minute..LOL before I do something..It's a process of elimination with this stuff.

Miss Bev had TOLD me to buy some foot braces to sleep in months ago when I was just starting the anti-inflammatory drugs..so now that is what I will be getting this week except the doc can fit the brace to fit my foot better than the ones I would order. The thought of the braces was kind of strange too but now after exhausting everything else short of surgery I will try them next.

So there's the update! Hope everyone has had a nice day..it was a beautiful day here..supposed to get into the 80's at the end of the week!

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  10:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh Steph, so sorry to hear about your foot pain.
I always try anything and everything before I have surgery. Keep trying and I hope you get better soon. Foot braces sound like a good idea to me.
Hope it helps you.

Welcome back Carol Sue!

Ronna, glad you kept warm!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page