Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  10:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Naomi, I have plenty of crickets. I was doing research on the Internet, and there quite a few sites that listed ways to catch crickets. I know that it is easier just to buy them, but I can understand. Dance is more important.

www.countrynmore.com
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfabrics4u23
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  04:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Jess
Young!!! 18 when they marry. She's next to the youngest.
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  04:48:32 AM  Show Profile
I know everone is rolling their eyes about the curfew- but my oldest is 31 and we've had the same curfew for all of them. They can have a later curfew but only by permission and not as a regular occurance.
It has kept them from some undesireable company-though it has been a trick to maintain.
Blessings
Autumn

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  05:51:11 AM  Show Profile
My older sister was dating a fella that lived about the same distance away and
he had to drive that far through city traffic to see her. Finally decided it was
too far & dangerous (fell asleep at the wheel), so they got married! LOL
40 yrs now.
Naomi~awesome tut!! Thanks a bunch! ;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  06:05:29 AM  Show Profile
HA!Bonne- That's it! Now that I think of it(senior moment) my sweetie had to drive 30 miles PLUS cross a cable drawn ferry to see me- so he got a motorcycle!! So did I! 34 yrs and still in love!!!
WOO!HOO!
Tks for not giving me the "she should........" speech.

Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  06:31:14 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, good for you. If the boy doesn't complain about picking up your daughter, the miles, and the gas, he is a good catch.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 15 2007 06:31:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:10:32 AM  Show Profile
I must be slow here...but what is the "she should..." speech?

I was young when I married my husband...I like it that way. We started dating when I was 18, married at 19, first kid at 20, and 7 kids and 10 yrs later we are still happy and we have had some interesting adventures to test ourselves, so good for her. I was not allowed to go out on school nights in high school. So she is lucky...or you are lucky...I just waited til my folks went to bed, climbed out the window and stayed out all night. I hope my kids do not do that. But, my parents were and still are pretty weird, so I think I turned out better because of it, and I left and moved to Australia at 16, so...nevermind...I am glad you have a happy fam and your daughter has a good boyfriend.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Jessica, my dh and I started dating when I was 17, and we got married, when I just turned 20. It has been 29 years now. My parents had two rules: They had to meet any boy that I was going out with, although they didn't do that with my dh. I guess is because he was from our church, and my dad knew his parents. I still had a 11:00 pm curfew on school nights, but on Friday and Saturday, it was 12:00 midnight. We would call my parents if we were running late, but we had to have a darn good reason. My youngest son has a 11:00 pm curfew, no matter what day. In the beginning when he first had the car, we worried sick because he went out with friends and he didn't come home until 4 am. I know that I posted this story, so I won't repeat myself. I think that kids need to have strict rules, although I don't think that it was right that you couldn't date. Fortunately for you, you found a terrific man.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:23:57 AM  Show Profile
yes, my parents have their own challenges. I hated it as a kid, but thought that at some point I would understand it...as it turns out I understand that they are both very bizarre people and I was normal. So here I am trying not to do the things they did..we will see how it works out.
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Sharon: well, with Daffy in the yard, we don't exactly have many crickets/grasshoppers to catch...haha...

Bonne: Thanks! Glad you are so excited to make biscuits..haha

Whew Jess you were young!

Autumn: I think 10PM is a fine curfew.

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:35:19 AM  Show Profile
I think that we need to look at how we were raised when raising our own. I had good parents, but my real parents got a divorce when I was 7. I went to live with my dad and stepmom when I was in the 7th grade. When I was young, if I said a bad word, then my mouth would be washed out with soap. I also got whipped with a belt. Needless to say, that it happened only once, but I never did that with my boys. When I was older, the consequence of doing something an activity away. That only happened once as well. My dh used to spank our boys when they were young, but the boys learned that it was fine to hit. I got my dh to stop doing the spanking, by using another discipline tactic (taking something away), and that pretty much stopped the hitting between the boys.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 15 2007 4:27:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:40:10 AM  Show Profile
The "she should..." speech is she should go to school,date 50 guys before deciding to marry one of em,get a job, start a business...blah blah blah..
I'm not surprised to find supportive ladies here- she just wants to have a home and do all the special things WE do every day.
She sews,crochets,quilts,designs and makes anything she can dream up- including her wedding dress. but she can not spell worth a flip!!!
She is dyslexic and has against all odds completed every task ever set before her and in twice or three times it takes most folks!
She has been a joy to raise and if ever there was a POLLYANNA she is it!! God sent a smart quiet strong big guy her way and he adores her gentle quiet spirit. He's building a house with logs he sawed at the family sawmill.Is that sweet or what?

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:41:33 AM  Show Profile
I think that I need something like Daffy around here. We do have a lot of lizards and frogs, which feast on the crickets. Thank goodness my dh listened to me about where the crickets were getting into the kitchen. It has been so nice and quiet. I have even found frogs and lizards in our garage, but then they wouldn't be there if it weren't for the crickets.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 15 2007 08:04:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  07:50:43 AM  Show Profile
how sweet.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:04:39 AM  Show Profile
Autumn that is so sweet. You have a wonderful daughter and a soon to be son-in-law.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 15 2007 08:05:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:28:13 AM  Show Profile
Awe, thats so sweet Autumn!

Sharon, even with Daffy we have alot of lizards around as they eat the moths and whatever other bugs around, I dont mind em as long as they stay outside, as they are murder to catch indoors, getting behind and under furniture...

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:43:49 AM  Show Profile
we used to fave fence lizards in our house. they loved to climb the shower curtain, and we would hang our towels over the curtain, so they would be there whenyou wrapped your towel around you after your shower..i love reptiles, but not scampering across my naked self! but that is just one extremely mild childhood story.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, we did have one lizard that got into the house this past year. My boys had a heavy hanging cloth outside their window to block out the sunlight. Well, when the winds hit, that heavy thing put a large hole in the screen. Dh hadn't fixed the screen, and it was hot, so my son opened up the window. Well, the lizard found the hole and came to the comfy room.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 15 2007 4:27:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  7:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Where is everyone?

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Nov 15 2007 7:48:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  8:02:24 PM  Show Profile
I just got home~went to visit my son today. Baked cookies, "Dump Cake", Ham and mashed spuds. He's wanting to learn to cook more things on his own so we had a cooking fest today.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  8:19:34 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun. It was just to dull around here. It has been like that everywhere. I finished tagging my items today and I am wiped.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  8:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Well it was a nice day till I realized again I will be missing my daughter soooo much come april!!
She'll only be an hour away but she has rarely been away from me.
I do this with every one of them.
We just dont let go easily!!!
Ya'll gotta keep me up- I know it will be ok but sometimes it feels so bad to know they are leaving. Only one more left at home.
They have all left and done fine- and I am thankful- but boy my heart has a hole in it tonight thinking of my baby girl-another one growing up!
Nuff o that! Tomorrow I will sew something and it will be better!
Tks for lettin me ramble
Blessings
Autumn

Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  9:12:02 PM  Show Profile
Sharon: dunno where everyone else was, but I finished my minis tonight while watching Sense and Sensibility..lovely movie..too bad I havent finished the book...
cut out and sewed the bodies of two dolls for grandma, still have to stuff them, also started her skirt, not as much fabric as mine, but I havent much to work with, just 5-6 yards vs the 10 we got for mine! 6 yards of which went into the skirt(all of which was first gathered, torn out and pleated by yours truly this year)! whew!

still much to be done before Thanksgiving and Christmas!

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  03:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey everyone....I was around yesterday, but spent my day sewing....no posting. Finished my hat today...will be a Christmas present along with the matching apron....

Visit my workshop at: www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  03:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I spent the rest of the day in an exercise in frustration. Found this pattern and thought it would make a cute apron for me....more like a pinny or jumper...but I will wear as an apron....

So I cut out a medium and sewed it up only to find that it is huge!!!! I mean like a tent!!! Now I am in the process of redesigning it to fit a bit better. I did not want to take it all apart because of all the bias tape, so I have just altered the style and gathered it in.....will post a picture when I am satisfied....right now it is a work in progress and I am a bit perturbed!!!!

Visit my workshop at: www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Nov 16 2007 03:41:35 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page