Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  12:06:25 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, so sorry you have another cold...I'm knocking on wood...I've not been bothered for a year with that..I guess my feet have decided to be my constant aggravation..LOL

Carol, your blog is grand! At last, I've found a place that grants freedom of speech. LOL... Too many people have given up that right and in many cases they don't even realize it. It's snubbed out in subtle ways.

Teresa, I guess Carol Sue will return tomorrow from her quilting retreat..I so hope she has had a grand time and has had a time without pain.

Karin, I'm so glad the weather is improving, that your sinuses are better and that you are a scrapping quilt queen these days! Find the camera...you know how much I love to drool over your quilts. Since I have the wrap around porches on both levels at the cabin I'm going to install one of the clothesline gadgets that you screw to the wall and then you pull out the line and hook to where ever you want to...I can do that outside the laundry room on the lower lever and have 25' line stretched out in a jiffy.

Ruth, Monica, Sheryl-lyn, Jess, Bev and everyone who I'm missing..hope you all have a lovely weekend..

Thomas and I are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary today(Saturday)

Talk to ya later, Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  12:45:12 AM  Show Profile
I just had a scary experience. I woke up gasping for air. It felt like my throat was tightening up and that there was a very small opening. It took a while to get better. I never had that before, so I am afraid that it will happen again. So for now, I am staying awake. I kind of relate this to an asthma attack although I do not have asthma.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Apr 18 2009 06:26:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  06:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sharon, I sent you an email.

Carol Sue...NOW I have to go look at your blog...! What's new on it?
Hope you had a WONDERFUL time....(take me with ya next time????)

Stephanie...Happy Anniversary! You are practically newlyweds! I know he is a wonderful man and I am so happy for ya.

Everyone: I'm going on my date tonight....looking forward to it...dinner and movie. We will get to know each other better. I'm going to scrub..(actually dust...and pick up clutter...lol) my downstairs and bathroom because he's picking me up. Danny boy likes to keep too many toys in the living room...LOL

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  06:25:32 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I can't wait to hear how things go. My mil arrives this morning. I told dh that I want to go to a local rummage sale this morning beforehand. My oldest son leaves for a camping trip with the college this morning and gets back next Saturday (The same day dh and mil fly to Arizona).

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  07:30:10 AM  Show Profile
Steph, Happy Anniversary! I love the clothesline you can reel in, I used to have one at my old house. I just haven't got quite the right set up for one here, I'll have to think about that though...porches are just the best, aren't they? I have a tiny sort of balcony porch upstairs off my sewing space.I have a porch off the living room here too, but at the moment it is cluttered with boxes of fabric and tubs of Christmas ornaments,etc. No more room in the barn, hmmm, time to do something. Oh oh, my brain just shut down..

Cold and dare I sayit, DANK again, al well. I just have to wash down all my meds with some caffeine. I got up around seven and sewed a few more small borders to the quilt top I made yesterday. The camera is still playing hide and seek with me. I need to start writingthings on my arm with a magic marker. My kids actually do that sometimes, I guess it works for them. Of course I would run out of room after a while. And lose the markers.

Definitely cold downstairs this morning, I guess I'll throw cautiion to the wind and turn the heat on for a little bit...I lead such a thrilling life,,,,

Sharon, a rummage sale sounds brilliant. Every once in a while one of the local granges will have one, nto that ai am allowed within a mile of one any more. Oh no. I just realized I live inside a huge rummage sale! Hope your visit with yr MIL goes well.

Ok, off to crank up the heat and look for more caffeine...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, have a great time with hubby.
The rummage sale is at our local Presbyterian Church. The last time, I found an old potato masher, like my mil has.

This time, I plan on going early. It does not open until 9 am.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  09:55:41 AM  Show Profile
Sharon~Are you feeling ok? Have fun at the rummage sale.

Steph~Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Linda~Can't wait to hear how things go.

Karin~my husband and I always say we are putting things in a place so we don't forget but always do forget. We can't wait until we find that magical place and all the things we've lost. LOL

Just finished working out in the yard. It was sunny and gorgeous but now the clouds are rolling in. We have the garden enclosure almost completed. We are going out to get some lunch.

Have a good one everyone!!

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:20:25 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, I am so, so. I have wait to take anything else for the cold. I just never had this happen before. If mil stays the night, then it will be another sleepless night.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
http://upchucky.com/music-jukes/1970/player.html

check this out! Includes "Bridge over Troubled Water"...gives me chills.

Let me know if you want an email that includes all links from 40s to 1979..
what a jukebox!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:57:30 AM  Show Profile
Well, we didn't get too much today at the rummage sale. Drawers on wheels, a magnifying light for dh, and a couple of other things.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  2:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, Yes I hope someday i find the magic place that contains all those important things I have carefully placed in the safe spot. I know it is here somewhere.

I am making apple crunch for a treat. My daughter protested the last time I suggested it, saying it was school lunch grade F food, but changed her mind. I like it, it is simple and tasty. I must say when my kids were in school and they would come home and tell me what was on the school menu it could be quite shocking. I always remember the time Susannah came home and announced at the top of her lungs that the lunch main event was PIZZA SOUP. Plate scrapings come to mind.

It has warmed up and the yard is buzzing with bees, always a happy sight. They are having a great time with all the little flowers. I took a couple pictures that I will post on my blog later.

Sharon, sorry the rummage sale was disappointing. There is something about the phrase "rummage sale" that brings me back to my childhood and the local church rummage sales. The first one that I went to when I was six, I spent my entire budget of twenty five cents on a roaccoon coat. I must have been insane even then. I remember my parents making fun of it for years. It seems like a fabulous find to me...my mother said I was quite a vision staggering home wearing a large raccoon coat dragging on the ground...

Right, enough babbling, i better go do more laundry, it is getting kind of frightening in the laundry room,,,

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  7:43:31 PM  Show Profile
Linda: hope your date was super!! I am thinking of you.

Steph: Happy Anniversary!! Great to be in a loving, happy marriage, huh?

Sharon: That SAME EXACT thing happened to me twice last month!! I had to stay awake the rest of the night. Very, very scary. Hope you are ok.

Karin: Glad to see you are getting so much done. Hope the weather gets nicer for you too.

Ruth: Howdy!! Did you enjoy your week off from schooling? I was back on Wednesday, but sure did love all that time off.

Hi to everyone out there. Hope you have the best day tomorrow!!

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  9:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! Yes, it's great to be in a loving marriage. It has a way of making you feel much younger than you really are.

Hugs, Steph

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  11:48:10 PM  Show Profile
Happy Anniversay Stephanie and Thomas!!!!! Glad you both are loving romantic heart throbs. Grin!!!!

Karin, what we are suppose to do our laundry, are you sure? LOL.
I swear it multiplies and then when you aren't looking does it again and again. How can 2 people, that would be dh and I have so much darn laundry? I am glad that you are doing quilts and having fun. Always makes the day better.

Yes, I did enjoy quilt retreat, lots of laughing and telling stories, didn't do great guns of sewing. But I had fun. Yes, pain was still a pain, but when you are in a room full of women all 13 of us, gabbing, laughing at ourselves and helping each other out, nothing better than that. It was the most beautiful sunshiny drive on the way back home, make it all the better. Came home and slept for 4 hours!!!!! Yep, great fun was had by this girl.....

Linda, haven't blogged for sheezz weeks on end, intend to start back at it. Sure hope that crazy camera cord shows up....

You gals have a great morning.....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  10:02:58 AM  Show Profile
I feeling better today. We are almost ready to leave to go to our old church. The membership is way down, so the Presbytery decided to close down the church. Most of the members left years ago. They are having a lunch and special program after wards. I look forward to seeing many of my long time friends again.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  11:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey Steph...glad you like my new "WE THE PEOPLE" blog and thanks for being a contributer!
I checked out the website you sent and it's great. I've added many helpful sites to keep us informed.......I'm planning on staying FREE from oppression! LOL

We're on our way to Washington in the morning. Should be there in a bout 3 days! Then I can post pictures of my favorite little spot in the world!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  1:58:17 PM  Show Profile
So glad you had a fun time Carol Sue!! I knew you would be able to go to that retreat. You sure needed and deserved it.

Sharon: Hope you had a fun time at the church.

My dad made me a beautiful tea box!! It came last week, for no reason at all!! You just have to check out his work.

Hope you all had a stellar day today. I did a little gardening out behind the chicken coop and planted some basil seeds in tubs. Trying to do more from seed this year. Hope it goes well.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  2:43:08 PM  Show Profile
Once again I have to catch up on the last few pages ,but I just wanted to say "Hi" and I hope everyone is having a great Sunday afternoon! It is finally Arizona weather here today! It's in the mid 80's right now!

Steph, I know this is a day late, but HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I hope you and Thomas had a wonderful day!

Sharon, I hope you are feeling better!

Sheryl-lyn, The tea box and quilt are both very beautiful!!! I love the little aprons and the butterfly is incredible!

I have been working on some new silk thread and wool yarn lately so hopefully I will have some pics up soon on my blog!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  7:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Shery-lyn, I did have a fun but sad time. It was hard to see the church closed, but there is a church which used part of the church for their services for the last 11 years. I saw people who I have not seen in 20 years.

Monica, I am feeling better. Thanks for asking. Thank goodness for cough medicine. I was able to sleep very well last night. At least I did not have another one of those episodes that I had early Saturday morning.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  8:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Monica...we had a nice dinner at a tiny cafe on Friday evening and then just a relaxed weekend.

I go to the doc tomorrow afternoon at 3pm...Y'all hold me up! I'm gonna be at the mercy of the needle and I'm lacking in the bravery department when it comes to pain and needles.

They say it's gonna hurt worse before it gets better but I can drive myself?? I hope they are right about the driving part. Thomas wanted to take me but I don't want him to miss work..we've got so time he'll be off at the end of month as it is...

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  11:22:43 PM  Show Profile
steph just breathe and it will be all right, i am also a big wussy when it comes to needles.

sorry i wasnt around this weekend girls but spent time with my family and just plain had a good weekend

Happy Birthday jess!
i know i am a whole 36 minutes early but i wanted to make sure i did it.. your card should be in the mail by the end of the week.(could you resend me your address(yeah i lost it))

Edited by - Lavendar fields dreamer on Apr 19 2009 11:25:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  05:50:41 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Jess!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  05:58:19 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Jess! I hope you have a lovely day!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  06:17:30 AM  Show Profile
Steph~praying for you today as you go for your shots. I hope that it will all go well and you will get some relief.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Happy Happy to Jess. Big birthday week here too, my son and stepmom on Wed and my grandson on Thurs.
Good car show weekeend, got sunburned a bit-6600 ft elevation and a nice day. Very cool tiny old mining town built into the side of a mountain. I don't know how they get around in the winter, some of the streets don't look like they'd be driveable with a snowcat. Our car got one of the awards, from the oldest hotel in Nevada, that was nice. The sponsors each chose their favorite car rather than going by classification.
Mid 80's here today and tomorrow, possibly record temps.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page