Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  12:12:33 PM  Show Profile
I posted some pictures on my blog. I have finished a couple of the mesh bags and I also finished a tea cozy for a swap. I'm working on a new bag. The two I made are in the mail and on their way to their new homes.

Teresa~glad you had a good time.

Sharon~sorry to hear about your son. I hope he's better soon.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  1:33:51 PM  Show Profile
ikes so ruth i found my camera and have taken a few pics but now i cant find the dang cord i think it ran away with karin and carol sues

trying to get back in the swing of things for housework and what not
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  2:33:33 PM  Show Profile
I think there's a "camera cord conspiracy" amongst us!!!!!

You girls are so funny!!!!

We bought all the appliances today - thats a big load off!!!
Now we wait to get power so we can finish the structural stuff next week and the finishing stuff the next.

Meanwhile my boy(from Lubbock) and his family will arrive on Wed and be here till the following Tuesday!
I haven't seen them since last year at the wedding.
Should be lots of fun!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  3:49:20 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is having a great day! I will have to go back a few pages and catch up with what's been going on!

Sharon, Glad to hear your sil surgery went well! I hope your son's finger is better!

Ruth, Are you trying to give my fabric away? hahaha!!! Ask a manager when they will be marking the fabric to %75 off! They should be able to tell you! I hope you are able to get some stuff!

Believe it or not it SNOWED here today! Not enough to stick, but it did snow! It's only about 50 now! Will someone please tell me where the global warming is going on at because it's not here!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  6:35:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ronna, snow and hail together are called grapple< snow pellets> geezz can you tell we have had some here a plenty. You need warm weather. That and that infection to get out of town, not fun. I like your idea of a fuzzy down comforter and sitting enjoying the ride. I so agree with you, we need some energy!!!!

Ruth, thank you, yes, I have been resting, will proably have to do some there but hey I will be at retreat!!!! And yes, ask about when the 75% off is and we will be beleiving for you to majorly get some fabric!!!!!!

Sharon glad your sil surgery went well, and that crazy son of yours needs to stay out of the emergency room! I bet you would agree with that one.....so are you back to sewing again....

Autumn, whoohoooo girl, appliances bought and structure being worked on, plus your son and family visiting. Girl you are striking it rich with family!!!!! How wonderful.

LOL, Monica, what global warming, we have had some of the snowiest winters in the last 2 years. You got snow, whoa girl!!!!

Karin, gosh girl, you need to be able to get some sleep. It so sucks when pain doesn't allow that. You need some good sunshine and a fabric run!!!!!

Ok, I have all my sewing stuff packed up, a few clothes, and a big grin on my face. Tonight running out to one of our quilt groups gals and presenting her with a quilt from us all in the group. She was diagnosed with breast cancer was doing really good and in January was diagnosed with Leukemia. This is to encourage and keep her warm. We loves that girl!!!!!
So I suppose I should go take a shower so I am not stinky!!!!!! LOL.
Off and running(acutally that would be very slow getting up, walking funky for the first few steps to get the muscles to move right and then being upright....) that is my form of running....lmbo but true!!!!

STeph, crimeney sakes, I just totally lost my train of thought. Will hope I remember it later....dahhhhhh

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  8:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue...you are so funny.
Hello to everyone.
I have to tell ya that I have a date with new man.
We met online and he actually lives only about 20 minutes away from me.
We exchanged emails..long ones like penpals then last week met for lunch. Spent a nice hour chatting and eating then. We both said we looked like our pictures...so that's a good thing.

We're going to dinner and movie Sat night.

He's a gentleman...most important...and intelligent, works in the medical field.

I am going to watch movie trailers to get an idea about a movie.

Anyone seen Adventureland? or Knowing? The movies I am thinking about.
Wish me luck!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  8:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue! Have a great time!! I know you will!! I am so jealous!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  9:57:35 PM  Show Profile
well yall can be jealous i have to try and feed her crazy kitten with a syringe (did i mention i am terrible at it)

i am working on my minis slowly but surely and trying to get some massive paperwork done.

wow things never seem to slow down around here i could use a mommy vacation, no kids for a weekend and lots of pampering and dont forget the pool to lounge around, yeah i know i am day dreaming but oh how fun it is.

i want to sew and cant cause i dont have a machine yet waawaawaaa ok done whining now.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  10:04:40 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, Dream on, please for both of us!!! I know exactly where you are coming from!

Linda, I hope you have a wonderful time on Saturday! You will have to tell us all about it! Do you need help getting a fabric stash started?!!!!

Good Night All!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Apr 15 2009 10:05:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  10:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Things could have been worse. My son told me about another student last year, who was not so lucky. If I told you what happened to that student, it would freak you out.

It never fails. With each trip comes some sort of injury or visit to the emergency room. My son will be gone for a week starting Saturday. I hope that he survives this one without any injury or illness.

I almost have a couple more aprons finished. I need to do some cleaning before Saturday, but it isn't that bad, although I wished that my dh did not bring all the boxes in to our living room. Most of those boxes are now gone.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  10:52:44 PM  Show Profile
i have i think five minis left and then i need to sew on the waistbands by hand
ikes this is really killing me with the time cause munchkin is teething and needs all the lovins he can get
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  06:54:13 AM  Show Profile
I tied a tiny quilt last night and posted it on my etsy site. It is nice to actually finish something. I have another one to finish up today. Well I don't know if I should set myself a bad example by actually completing two things two days in a row...

Teresa, oh boy that poor boy and teething, I remember my kids being so miserable, Susannah bit down on the edge of our coffee table, I called the doctoe in tears, sure her tum was filled with mahoghany shards. He just laughed. It was a nice decorating tough, tiny teeth marks. My doctor always recommended a bsaby tylenol if the kid got too miserable. I know I whine like the devil when I have tooth pain...

Carol Sue, I expect you are going to have buckets of fun on your retreat, wish i could be there!!! Wahhhh! Feeling seriously housebound lately, and nothing is better than a quilt retreat...you better find that camera cord, of course now Teresa is missing hers...hmmm...

Sun's out again, I got about four hours sleep so I'm no t too cranky yet, just got to have that cup of joe, or two, to get moving, got to have some energy to wrestle those pill bottle open....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  08:14:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!!

Having my 2nd cup of joe this morning. I'm thrilled because I feel like I have so much accomplished already and it' s only 11 am. YEAH!

I have my sponge sitting to make bread. I washed two loads of laundry and they are hanging out to dry, stew is in the crockpot for supper, beds are made, showered and picked up my son's friend so they could play, stopped at the grocery store to pick up some strawberries on sale and some flour.

Now I need to clean up my basement a bit. Things are getting crazy. Probably won't get too much done but I hope to at least pick up a few things and vacuum all the cob webs and dust.

Karin~Yeah~you're on a roll~completing all those projects. I just love all your quilts. Gorgeous~imagine if we could all come to see you, clean out your barn and then have a quilting retreat with you. FUN! FUN!

Teresa~hope your little one feels better soon. Teething is horrible. I think I would rather have any other pain than dental. I'm a big baby with teeth.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  08:59:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone!!!

Karin, I like your quilt! It's very pretty!!

Ruth, You are making me feel like a complete slacker!!haha! So far this morning I woke up a bit late and Isaiah could not find his shoes and we missed the bus by one minute, so he has a free day from school because I am not driving 45 miles to take him! Other than that I have put away laundry! It's only 9a.m. here so I still have some time to catch up!

Teresa, I hope the teething phase passes quickly!!! I do remember those days!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  10:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Monica~I was just glad that I was on a good role.

I posted some pics of my son's artwork on my blog. I hope you can come visit.

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  2:23:53 PM  Show Profile
ok so i have to be the slacker of the day. i have layed around and took a nap with the baby and am just now getting my butt in gear to do something and its almost two thirty in the afternoon. oh but i did get the girls off to school at seven this morning so that has to count as something right?

i just seemed to be wiped out from our mini vacation and having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.
ok i have to get ready to go to a school conference, talk to the librarian and school counsler. then we have ballet this afternoon and homework and gotta make dinner.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  2:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Ruth, he is so talented! Thanks for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile
I think that we all deserve to have a day just to take it easy. I am trying to get some things cleaned up before Saturday. It isn't bad, so that is a good thing.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  6:42:01 PM  Show Profile
well dinner is in and i am almost done except for the homework
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  9:50:26 PM  Show Profile
homework is done kids are feed and in bed and sleeping and now i am working on my minis while drinking a cup of kahluajoe.
oh to be done with my minis, soon i say very soon.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  10:08:24 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, don't apologize!! I was a slacker today! I did get some stuff done, but I was just worn out and it's been cold here! It is supposed to warm up in the next day or 2 and be in the mid 90's! I am so ready for warm weather!

Hope you all have a good night!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  3:21:14 PM  Show Profile
It is pleasantly warm today, a bit overcast, but i think we have said farewell to the Dank for a little bit. my sinuses already feel better...Put another quilt top together today out of a silly assortment of scraps, now i just have to find my camera, i don't think it is really big enough to be a real quilt yet. I never know what size I'm going to end up with...i'm not much of a pattern person, though i love looking at them.

There is a small carpet of brilliant blue scilla siberica in my yard under my kitchen window, it is such a lovely blue, I never seem to get a good picture of them. pretty soon something has to be green1

i need to do some laundry, i had to go get some more borax for my machine. My clothesline is quite pathetic at the moment. I need to make some long wooden notched poles so i can prop it up. There is nothing more olovely to me than hanging out the clothes and all the associations from my childhood. Good medicine.

Okay, i think i've had enough fun wandering about here, i better go see what i can dredge up for supper...and maybe another cup of joe, i hope you are all having a wonderful day...

'karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  3:51:30 PM  Show Profile
ikes i am having another slow day today i took a nap with the baby and slept for three hours jeez didnt realize how tired i was. the baby must be waking up more then i thought during the night

well i have to go feed the kitty and then i am going to work on the minis
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  8:30:33 PM  Show Profile
I woke up today with a cold. It is the second one this year. Dh was so nice and washed the dishes and cleaned the bathroom. I am glad because I was wiped and am still wiped out.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  9:05:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls.... a few pages ago (and on other MJ's Topics) we were talking about what's going on regarding some of our insecurities today....like a bill possibly prohibiting us from selling our products and/or produce at farmers markets without following very strict Government guidelines? WHAT?

I began checking into some of these possible restrictions and decided to create a "sharing" blog that addresses some of our given rights. PLEASE, if you are satisfied and happy with the way things are run under this new administration don't visit the site below....if you have concerns, here is the address.............

http://peopleunitingtogether.blogspot.com/

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page