Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  3:06:58 PM  Show Profile
Where is everyone hiding?

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad everyone was quiet today!! I can keep up now.

Ruth: I am good!! Went to work today only to find out that I still have another two days off!! Don't have to go in until Wednesday now! Did I feel dumb showing up and not knowing when I am off! The custodians had a good laugh at me though.

CS: You ARE going to that retreat!! I mean it.

Karin: How fun your night must have been.

Jess: Pink hair!! Yes!

Autumn: If anyone needs a nice quiet night once in a while, it is you!! Glad you enjoyed it. Will be looking in on everyone's blogs tomorrow. I posted a very cool fabric store in Pennsylvania on mine. What an adventure.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  7:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn,
I saw your blog and that store, you would never be able to see all the fabrics in there, but oh what fun one could have on treasure hunts in there. It is like our hardward store we have here in our neighborhood, it is dusty and messy but you ask Claude and he can tell you exactly where to go for what you need. That old bird better be around a long time, cause he is a hoot and a half.

Ruth, I think some of them may have gotten some sun.....grin. At least I am hoping so.

Ok, I am giddy with glee....becasue after Tuesday we are back up in the 60's and low and behold this weekend 70's they are predicitng for 4 whole days. Oh my shall I be soaking that up like crazy.

I am feeling better and will be much better in a few days now that the meds are fixed again. Whooziers can they knock you for a loop when they are not right!!!!!

Carol, sure will be thinking of you traveling back to your home state, mine too. To those wonderful gardens of yours, but being a snow bird is not a bad idea at times.....grin.

Jess, gotta go check out new things on your blog....gotta go write on mine too. It has been weeks and weeks and weeks....off to blog land for a few....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  8:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls!
I've been on the road all day-permit office,errands,grocery shopping and FABRIC shopping!!!
I bought a bunch of linen at Hancocks today! So pretty!!!
Bonne retrained me to sew clothes and I have some great ideas- I'm doing my own patterns cause the purchased ones are way too fussy for me.
My first outfit turned out great!
I hope the next few do as well.

I cut broccoli yesterday!! More will be ready to harvest in a day or two.
My sunflowers and morning glories are up and the cucumbers finally have 4 leaves! WOO! HOO!
Spring is sooo much fun!!
No big work on the house for the next few days-while we work on getting power restored legally

Sherylyn- that fabric shop is awesome!! I'm afraid my sewing room looks a little like it
SOOOO much fabric-so little time to sew.

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  8:36:57 PM  Show Profile
LOL Autumn, I would have to say that is my sewing room as well right now.... fresh broccoli how wonderful. Your garden grows well.

Permits and doing it right is a very good thing. Soon it will be zipping along.

Waiting for LFD to get home, hoping soon so I don't have to go out in the cold to feed their animals one more time......hope hope hope

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:26:49 PM  Show Profile
I have been making aprons. I have to get ready because mil comes this Saturday. She is staying in California a little longer than planned. My mil was to go back a week from Wednesday, but my bil can not pick her up at the airport, so my dh had to schedule another flight. Dh is flying back with his mom and spending a couple of days with her.

I forgot. My sil is having surgery tomorrow. She has a bur (or something similar) on her spine at the back of the neck. It is touching the nerve, so she is extremely uncomfortable.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Apr 13 2009 10:29:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  05:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hey gals,
I don't have much fabric so someone can send me some of your big stash! I'll take anything!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  1:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!! Another dreary day here on Long Island. I did finish a wall quilt that all of you girls will love though. It sort of matches the thread we write on all day here at MJF. Hope the pictures do it justice. It was just so darn fun to make.

CS- Hope you did not have to go out and feed the animals again. Warm weather is coming though!! Here too, this weekend I think.

My attic looked worse than that fabric shop I showed you all! LOL At least we can be honest with one another here! :)

Edited by - sewgirlie on Apr 14 2009 1:24:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  1:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Linda: email me!! I really do have stuff you could have. This way, I can buy more! I am serious too.

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello!

Just came back from art class.

I have been working with the seedlings in the green house. Trying to get things fertilized and watered. It has been going into the 30's here at night and I hope my plants survive.

Unfortunately the corn looks the worst. I can't keep corn happy.

Ok this is the sewing thread not gardening. Anyway, I'm crocheting another mesh bag and I need to finish a tea cozy for a swap.

What is everyone else up to? Seems quiet here.

Sheryl-lyn~can't wait to see the quilt. Nice that you can chat with us again. How was the trip to Washington?

Linda~Monica just helped me by sending me some fabrics.

Gotta go make supper.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  2:45:48 PM  Show Profile
The trip to Washington was actually one of the best ever. The kids all behaved very well and accepted some of the strict rules we put on them (like taking their cellphones at night--we did not warn them about this ahead of time) and staying by us all of the time. The weather cooperated well too. I am glad to be done with all that school stuff now though. Just back to teaching and grading, which is more than enough!!

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  3:06:34 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that you had a good time, Sheryl-lyn.

Sharon~I hope everything went well with your sil surgery. Those back surgeries are tough. Hope all goes well with mil's visit.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  3:45:35 PM  Show Profile
I can finally talk online for a few days and hardly anyone is talking!! Must mean we are all busy outside or on vacation. Makes it easy to keep up with, so I am not complaining.

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  3:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls, I never did find that silly fabric I was looking for, had a friend email me and tell me to meet her at Jo-anns, she said come on we are going shopping for some material for those purse blocks so you do not stress anymore. What a huge relief and blessings, I truly was in a panic because my head just could not come up with another idea. We are doing a 12 purse blocks, then exchanging them at quilt retreat. We have been doing these exchanges for the last 3 years. We come up with a theme, ususally from when we have been talking and silly and then it just comes to us. It is hysterical at times. I have yet to put one of them back together again, but beleive you me, one of my wnats to do this year is getting back to finishing up some of my quilt tops. It is a passion and a need to do for my well being.

Linda, half of my little quilt barn is filled up with stuff!!!! Not material, lets see Christmas, some of dd fabric, a couple of chairs, and everything but the kitchen sink. It is one of the projects I must get to, I like orgainzed and this is anything but!!!!!

Ruth, so do you have a break all week with the kiddos, does this mean you are having fun playing?

Sharon hope surgery went well, and that you live through another visit....lol.

Jess, you must be out working on that coop like crazy....you go girl.

Steph, when was your doc appt girl? Been thinking about you.

I am off to see the grands and play with them a bit, I see sunshine....it is cold but at least it is a glimpse of sunshine....grin.

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  4:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue...come take your damn snow back..I don't want it! Hard winds and blowing snow. luckily, I worked a store close to home and when I saw what was coming down (should say sideways), I just came home. It was very near whiteout for a couple hours. Mostly blown away now, thankfully. I feel crappy, have what Larry did the last week or more. Meds will be at Sams for me tomorrow; they called that it had to be ordered and told her I wouldn't be in today anyway. It was snowing in Reno too, but she didn't know before talking to me and then asking someone who had just come in.
We have the first car show of the season this Saturday, about 125 miles away. Larry has done a lot of work on the Hot Rod over the winter, much mechanical to make it safer, easier to drive and more comfortable for us.
I don't where the storm is headed, but who ever gets it won't like it at all.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  5:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Ronna: Glad you are home safely. Sorry to hear that you are sick though. At least you are home. Hope you are well within a few days. That car show sounds like fun.

Carol Sue: Lucky for you that a friend came to the rescue and made you go to JoAnn's. It is so stressful when you need something for a class and you cannot find it.

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  5:46:06 PM  Show Profile
WOW! It's warm and spring-y here!!!!!
Can't believe you had snow Ronna!!!!

I'm barely able to get here these days- so much garden and flower bed work-in addition to the little house renovation.

Got all our legal permits(whew!) - did ya'll know ya have to get a permit to build or do ANYTHING but a fence on your own peoperty?????
We didnt even do that on this house!!!! SHHHH! Don't tell them- I have no idea what we should have done!!

We should have power restored by next week and then work will move fast. Picking out appliances and flooring tomorrow!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  6:44:47 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, that weather sounds rotten, and sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you get to go to your car show.

'I refuse to think about the weather until it descends, yesterday was sunny and very windy, today sunny, cold, but no major wind howling around. I went out and checked my raised beds, my strawberries are leafing out and the chives are up. No sign of my rhubarb, I hope it didn;t die on me. At least we had some snow on the ground when the temperatures really plummeted. I don't like losing things to the frigging cold.

I'm trying to stay awake long enough to watch a tiny bit of baseball, but since the game doesn't start until ten I probably won't last very long. I do enjoy watching the Red Sox, especially because they don't stink quite as bad as they did for the last oh, ninety years. Too cold down here, I guess I'll go do a couple crossword puzzles with my feline heating pads....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  7:01:48 PM  Show Profile
Autumn,
The permits are a bit rediculous..they get ya coming and going!

Karin,
Thomas also loves baseball *of course, even he says, "it's like watching grass grow at times"..LOL but he loves it nevertheless, all of his sons love it, their kids play it, watch it, breath it..LOL I'm totally unbiased with sports..I don't watch any of it. Well I'll watch the olympics but that's about it. Most of this is probably due to me not being one to sit still for long.

Ronna,
Blow that snow out of there..enough already!

Carol Sue, the appointment is Monday, the 20th

I made many blog visits lastnight..got to see what y'all are up to..

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  7:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, I would never every send any friggin snow your way.....lol.
Seriously you know I wouldn't but I wondered if you were gonna get some of the cold we did. Ok, the good news is it starts warming up tomorrow which means hopefully you should be warm soon if you feel good enough for that show. And no fair with Larry sharing, if you wouldn't suck lips that wouldn't happen.....lmbo. I am gonna get it for that one....lol I love to have fun with you!!!!!!

Autumn, maybe we should be thankful that don't want us to get a permit when we blow our noses.....lol. It is silly and just greedy in some ways all the money they want. I can see some of it so it is built right and safe, but other things I just shake my head at.
Yippee, you are playing in the garden, ahhh one of these days. That dirt has to get a whole lot warmer.

Karin, I am so glad you have those kitty heating pads, they sure do help when they lay in the right spots for you. Now strawberries leafing out and chives coming up is great. Lets hope that rhubarb shows up for you. I am going to go have to go and see how mine fared tomorrow. And I didn't even think about checking on my chives.

Yes, Sheryl I am very fortunate that I got rescued and very thankful as well. Will cut it out later tonight or in the morning. Most likely the morning cause my batteries are wearing out. I wish I could take power naps like my dh but I have never been able to.

I think I am taking a nap for now, yep nap and then wake up for a few hours and then go to bed....sheeezzzz I hope I have a lot more energy for retreat.

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  8:26:20 PM  Show Profile
What do you call a mixture of snow and hail..snail? that's what's been flurrying the past hour or two. More tonight and into the morning is what the weather says..but we know better than to trust the forecast.
Just my usual sinus crap, but when the lymph glands in my neck get like golf balls, I know the infection is overwhelming my weak immune system. I'll get the meds tomorrow and they should kick in right away. I'll go this weekend, whether I feel like it or not. Can always sit in the car with a down blanky around me. Supposed to be about 70 on Saturday. We'll leave her really early to be there by 9 am and spend the night. Unless Larry hates it and we come right home that night; it's happened before.
All you busy whirling dervishes are making me dizzy, can't you just share some of that energy with those of us who need it?
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  02:03:50 AM  Show Profile
Well Ronna, I call that mixture a spring s#*tstorm, I hear you! We are not getting any precipitation, but the temperature is plunging again. I'm so tired of being cold! I keep waking u0p at 4 a.m. no matter what time I go to bed, and since I can't sleep i am down here seeing what everyone is up to!

I managed to watch one inning of baseball, the Red Sox got three runs in the top of the first, but then the As got five runs in the bottom. That was enough for me. I guess I like baseball because it is the one sport I understand and I always remember watching the world series with my father. I do like to look at the Olympics, but that is about it for me.

Carol Sue, Isn't it great to have friends who prod you into action? And a visit to JoAnn's is always good for something, I am glad there isn't one close by mje, I get in enough trouble locally...

Time to go back to bed, if I can't sleep at least I can read....I trust you are all warm and feeling as well as can be. I swear spring brings in a whole new crop of cooties. I have such an embedded sinus infection i never get anything new, thank heavens...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  06:46:05 AM  Show Profile
It's a cold morning here today. The sun is shining but it's supposed to rain later.

I went to Walmart yesterday and the fabric dept is closing. All the fabric is 50% off. Why do I have to be broke right now. I have some bills to pay and some packages that need to go out. Don't know if I'll have anything left over after that.

Ronna~snow~yuck~I hope you feel better.

Carol Sue~I hope you have a great time at the retreat. Get plenty of rest now so you can build up your energy.

Karin~my strawberry plants are coming up. Sunny and a little warm yesterday here. Better than what it has been.

Autumn~permits are a bit of a pain. I know they're needed for just about everything. Sometimes you don't even think of it you just do it and then find out you needed a permit. Yikes.

Have a good day. No snow and lots of sunshine for everyone.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  08:06:25 AM  Show Profile
good morning

well we had a lovely time. it was like a mini family reunion. the weather wasnt very nice but we still had fun.
i also got to visit one of my girlfriends that i have known since childhood. we also saw the wind turbanes on our way home they are huge and soooo cool.

wow you gals have been busy. i cant remember everything i read. hope everyone is having a great day and happy belated easter.

oh yeah and go for the shock and awwww jess. express yourself with your hair
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  10:45:24 AM  Show Profile
Gals, the surgery went well for my sil. I took my son to urgent care yesterday as one of the many things that had to be done. My son was using a rock hammer on a geology trip last weekend. While breaking rocks looking for fossils, the end broke off and hit his finger. His finger was so sore, so we wanted to be sure that there were no metal fragments or any other fragments in his finger. Doc said that the finger will be fine and that my son's finger is free of any fragments.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page