Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  1:21:39 PM  Show Profile
Steph...I was soooooo excited when I saw the crown! Got the three columns working but now the header won't center..gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  1:35:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls, two days of sunshine in a row and I am loving it. Yesterday's cemetery ramble was so sweet we decided to try it again today. What remarkable things people erected to remember their loved ones. Today I saw a little stone in a family plot that just read : INFANTS. How sad. And I spotted a memorial to two brothers 8 and 4 years old who died a day apart in the late eighteen hundreds. It must have been influenza or something equally awful. Zan found the saddest little memorial of all, for a little girl named Isabella Longfellow. On one side of the little plinth on top it read: Bell is Dead. I'm going to post some pictures on my blog later today.

So i came home really revved up to clear out some of the rubble in the yard. Got one bag of stuff picked up, then I went flying and cut my hand on a piece of broken glass. So I decided to move indoors after that for a little bit, and of course I fell and smashed my frigging knee again. What a bore, I found my arnica so i've been taking that and I think it is helping. But the sunshine I think is the best medicine of all.

Lots of crocus, snowdrops and scilla blooming in my yard. I love the brilliant blue of the scilla. Zan and I have decided we're going to transplant some of the snowdrops to other parts of the yard. Narcissus and daffodils are budded out, a couple more days of this and they should bloom.

Yesterday i finished a top of a quilt with small neine patch squares, it is just so cheerful. I love it. I'll have to take a picture of that soon too.

Annika, your life sounds chock full at the moment. I hope you get a little time to yourself. Spring is always such an amazing time, everything seems to happen at once. I can't imagine dealing with all the things going on in your life, but I wish i could see the lambs! I have been trying to get some pictures of Jacob lambs at a farm near me, they are spotty and so sweet but I haven't managed to get a good picture yet...

I am going to make potato salad and ribs for supper, it sounds like a perfect meal to me. I got some nice new red potatoes for the salad, I think they are so delicious. I have been quite the lazybones about cooking lately so this will be a good thing to do. I love to cook, but with two people I don't get too inspired sometimes. Zan and I had a chance to go to a nice supermarket today, the one nearest to us is not so great. I can hardly wait for farmers market to start!

Well, I'm going to unload my camera and put some pics on my blog...

Steph and Carol Sue, I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  2:29:24 PM  Show Profile
hi girls, checkin in!

Karin, i love old cemeteries! I love to go with sheets of paper and crayons and do rubbings...or charcoal. Well, a friend of ours we havent seen or heard from in 7 years showed up today so we are going out to dinner with him and his wife adn son...shocker..never thought he would get married. yikes! soooooooooo.............went to feed store today for a quick trip. they just got their chicks in so gian and emilia and i played with their new fuzzballs for an hour or so. fun.

raining here still..at this rate my coop will never be done and my dining room will remain a barn..ugh, so sick of chicken in the house.

hope you all have a fine fab weekend, tomorrow we will be dying eggs, yay!

got surprises in mail this week from ronna and lisa, thank you both!!!!

I think it is time for new hair, so my thinking cap is on. Thinking of going back to my flouro pink magenta that used to make my husbands heart race..dunno how adult of me that is, but im ready for fun.

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  5:41:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!! I am home for a long while now and can finally keep up with you all. Hopefully everyone who is feeling pain is having a good day. Believe it or not, I think I have a few chicken pox in the same places I had them when I was a kid!! It's not like the normal hives I get when I am stressed out.

Jess: I posted the tea cozy I made you on my blog. What fun I had making it. Also, we always had chickens living in the house for sometimes a month when they were young. Don't they make a ton of dust?? Yuk.

Autumn: I am so excited for you to have your family living right there so you can see them all the time. Oh, the day you said you had a chicken die? My rooster died in his sleep the very next night. He had a good life and enjoyed all of the ladies in the coop for many years!!

I am all for heading to Karin's to clean and oogle her artworks.

Steph: Great idea to get the feet taken care of. The shots will be worth it.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  9:06:38 PM  Show Profile
Annika, I think of you often. I knew you suffered some ailment but had not known what. I guess we all wind up on the bandwagon of pain at times and it really stinks. Mine has just about taken over my *otherwise fast paced* personality..I love following Bev on her blogs because that used to be ME! Full of energy, never stopping..just go, go, go! I've never had anything slow me down before so this pain has played a mental trip on me as well. I do hope I find a solution this month. I'm thankful I have Carol Sue and Karin that know exactly what I'm talking about...and now you.

There are several *vintage washes* on the market for cleaning your apron. I'll look up the names..I know that the other ladies will have some input on this too. Besides cleaning it just remember if you display it to keep it away from direct sunlight.

I'll be in touch...take some time for yourself too!
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  9:20:52 PM  Show Profile
Jessica...as far as the hair goes...sounds like a fun expression to me....JUST GO FOR IT!!!!LOL

Glad others like old cemetaries, too....that's why I posted about Chloride's a few weeks ago.

Wishing you all a Wonderful Easter.

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  12:03:45 AM  Show Profile
Jess, when I was in high school in Newburyport, Massachusetts, our house was very near to a huge old cemetery. I used to make gravestone rubbings there, Lots of the graves had skulls with angel wings, wonderful images, some very personalized. My favorite was one about a man who had died from choking on a pea at his very own table. I wonder what ever happened to those rubbings. I know they are not in my barn, I guess they were lost years ago...Wow is that tea cozy you received fabulous!

Well it is 3 a.m. so I'll be going upstairs in search of sleep now...not having much luck in that area lately...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  07:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies!!

Gray and rainy day here today. I need sun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much planned for today.

Jess~hope you had a good time out. Can't wait to see what you decide for your new hair.

Karin~I used to do gravestone rubbings too. It's been a long time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  1:04:18 PM  Show Profile
It is grey and rainy here today too. I was so tired that I slept until 10am!! Then I needed a short nap around 1 pm!! After that, I went to the quilt shop to pick up an item for a class I am doing. Now the woodstove is on and I am just working on a really cute quilt that those of you on this thread will love. Hope to show it off before the week is out (next week).

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Those of you with bodies that have pain would not be feeling well here with all this rain and humidity.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  4:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
howdy farmgirl sisters! I don't know when or if I'll ever catch up but gotta jump in here to say I'm thinking about ya and did read a few pages back.
I spent Friday nite and Sat in hospital getting Danny boy taken care of. Very stressful...someday I'll get to stay calmer but he came after me with violent threats, a big meltdown. He's 80 lbs and energetic and strong. This time I was really scared and angry. I'm still trying to make him think I'm bigger and stronger. You can imagine. We do the best we can but now I think someday he will hurt me and I try to love him anyway.
He needs a med increase etc. It is so hard to be a single mom at my age with him. Forgive me for complaining because I wouldn't want any other life.....love him and he's my greatest joy also. It's just a hard job but not boring!

This week I had a lunch date with a new man after we became pen pals thru email. We like each other and he asked me to go to dinner and movie soon. Sure looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is doing good. Happy Easter!! Christians get our biggest celebration and also Spring to enjoy!! Thank God!
I had to check in with all ya.
Love and talk/chat soon!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  5:16:24 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I will be praying for you and Danny!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  6:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Dh and I did my mom's front yard and some other things around the house. A big relief, so I can do some other things when I go to see her next time.
Linda, I am sorry about Danny. I hope that things work out there. Glad to hear that you are going out again. Let us know how things go.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  12:16:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls and Happy Easter,

Annika, so nice to see you again. I am glad that Steph knew how to laundry vintage aprons. yes, gasp, I throw them in on a gentle cycle with my homemade soap. So far so good, but I am thinking it might not be the best way to go. Been thinking about you girl and wondering how you were doing. Whoa you sure have a lot on your plate right now....

Sheryl-lyn, you are back to quilting like crazy I can see. Good for you for napping and sleeping in. Then off to the quilt store, I would think that would be a great Saturday.

Steph, I can so relate to being the girl with energy and going and going, that was me. It isn't me anymore. I think that is the hardiest part of fibro, your life just plain isn't the same. I can't go and go and do all that I want to in a day or even in a week. Major adjustment for sure. And yes, it does mess with you emotionally and mentally. I can't wait for you to get to unload those tubs and have a hay day running your fingers through it all and going oohhhh and ahhh.

Linda, howdy girlfriend. Sorry for the toughter time with Danny. It has to be pretty darn scary to deal with his strength and challenges. Will be keeping you in my prayers girl. You love him dearly and that shows!!!!!

Jess, oh girl go for it. Can't wait to see what you do, change is good. Hmmm is this because we need spring so badly!!!!
Yes, our sunshine is gone and they are saying that nasty word for a couple more days. Then they say we shouldn't have anymore snow....are you sure!!!!!!! Yes, chickies in the house are a challenge for sure. We were doing that last year. I am voting for the rain to knock it off if my vote counts at all....grin. They need to go play in their own house.

Girls if you want to see Kathies new grand daughter go to the Winter Apron swap....she is a cutie indeed!!!!!

Ok, going to bed now....night ladies.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  11:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Happy Happy Easter everyone!!
I'm going to turn into a boiled egg! A green or blue one! I like them and "somebody" has to eat them LOL

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  11:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
If I turn into a blue boiled egg you gals will want to see a pic!
LOL

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  12:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Linda: I am praying for you during the trying times of parenthood. He is lucky for your love and that will pay off.

Carol Sue: I was thinking of you all day yesterday when I was hanging around in the rain. I hope your weather is cooperating with your body and not causing pains. Since I did not sleep much while working on the drama club and the DC trip, I am often more tired than I normally am. Very frustrating, but I give in and just relax when I can.

Happy Easter everyone!! We need to see Jessica's hair!! And to see Linda as a boiled blue egg.

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  2:16:56 PM  Show Profile
Feeling better this afternoon. Thank you Linda for your email. I decided to take two pain pills at once so that I could get supper made and be able to enjoy it too. My son Martin is here for the day, and the night. We're having chimichangas and pineapple upside down cake for supper, and then we will all watch a really silly movie together. My son is such a good natured fellow, we always enjoy his visits.

The last two nights I have barely slept, the wind really got the clog dancing noises going. I had tried to remove the frame before, but too old, too wimpy.

Jess, pink flourescent hair sounds brilliant, what a wonderful color for spring,. Zan put some red violet temporary color on her hair last week, but it didn't pack much of a punch, she has deep brown hair. Years ago she used to bleach her hair and then color it up, that was amusing. I admit I did a few terrible things to my hair when I was in high school. but there weren't any good colors back then....

Linda, Danny is so lucky to have you, parenthood can be very trying at times and medical issues always complicate everything. You are a real trooper, it is hard to be a single parent on top of everything else. I hope your date goes well, there have to be a few good men out there someplace...

OOps, time to go check on my cake, since I forgot to look at the clock when I put it in the oven.....

I hope you are all having a good day.

karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  2:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter friends!!

I hope everyone is having a good day. We are having a quiet day. We visited my parents yesterday, my mom is working today. I finished another mesh bag today. I think I'm going to make a couple more and I may put them in the market place and on my blog.

Karin~sounds like you will have a nice day with your son and daughter~enjoy.

Linda~sorry to hear about your son. I hope things get better.

Sheryl-lyn~so nice to hear from you. How are you?

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  3:06:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Ruth- you are making some neat things!!!
Keep it up girl-you wont be cleaning that office at night if ya keep coming up with such cool things to make/sell!!!

Hope you all had a great Easter Sunday! It was quiet here- no grands to share it with. Just us two old birds and our big ole'boy!
Church was very nice and the quiet evening has been a nice change.
The little house is going well-I'll post new pics in a little while on my blog.
Linda- hang in there girl- YOU are making a difference!!! Danny boy is so blessed to have a dedicated mom like you!!!! We need more folks like you who keep on task-even when it gets tough!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  5:57:24 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, yep just the two old birds heretoo and the animals....lol. Sure is quiet without the grands. Rainy and cold too. No Easter egg hunts, darn that is half the fun....that and chocolate....lol.
Dh says it is nice when they are gone because then we can miss them. Such a funny fellow because his next sentence is, sure do miss their laughing.

Karin, gosh your day sounds great with your kids. I haven't made a pineapple upside down cake in forever. Will have to wait till the tummy is settled a wee bit more. But gosh that sounds good.

Linda, how funny thinking of you being robins egg blue and then Jess with her pink hair. Spring is defintiley here with those two pictures.....lol.

Sheryl-lyn, thanks for thinking of me, all prayers gratefully accepted. What a whooper of a time lately. Gotta be well without this flu bug cause Quilt retreat is this Thursday. I am doing way way way better than 2 days ago. Thank goodness. Our Easter meal is Homemade Chicken noodle soup. Grin. Next Sunday will have our Easter dinner.

Ruth, quiet days are good. Shoot I need to go check our your blog, in fact a few of your gals blogs to catch up.

Steph, I enjoyed seeing your stacks of bins there. Oh wow are you going to have major fun running your fingers through all that fabric. Hope you had a nice Easter girl.

Jess, so do we have that pink hair yet or are we still contemplating it. You know we live vicariously through you thus whey we keep saying go for it.....LOL.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  7:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls. Happy EAster.

I haven't done my hair yet. Pink was so nice in my teens and early 20s I just feel I must be responsible and mom like. I will do something fun. I need to look around, the fun color store is gone. I am not sure where to buy it now.

Autumn, your house is looking good.

CS, must have missed it...you been sick? get better sooon.

Steph and ranchette you get the comp stuff fixed?

Karin, yum, i like to make pineapple upside down in the dutch oven on the fire pit in the summer time.

We got more coopy loveliness done this weekend. Now we have rain forcasted for the next 3 or 4 days grrrrrrrrr............oh well. Maybe we can get the roof on tomorrow evening, we will see. Then the truth of the windows and doors will have to happen...did we leave enough room for em? I think so. I am pretty happy with the coop so far, still got a long ways to go. Oh well.

Sheryl, have a great week!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  8:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Will be leaving Arizona for Wshington State earlier than usual this year. Am packing up right now and will probably leave next Tuesday. We need to get Mr.'s eye sight taken care of ASAP and this part of Arizona is not the place to be for medical conditions! LOL

I'll be back with some great WA pictures once I get home..so I'll talk with you all in about 3 weeks or so.

Monica, it's been so much fun for me to have gotten to know you in person and have really appreciate our sincere conversations (and all the lovely things you do with fibers)...we'll stay in touch and I'll see you FOR SURE in November!

Steph..should I, for some reason, disappear from this site........let's keep in touch thru e-mail! I'm going to have a very busy and interesting 3 weeks..or more.

Anyone interested in contacting me via e-mail...I would love to hear from you.

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  8:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Got a bug that was not nice on Thursday. Jess, I realize pink is proably not what you can do, do you have the beauty stores like we do where you can go buy the dyes that hairdressers use. Dang I cannot remember the name of them. I use to color my own hair for a long time and that is where I got it. Yippeeee, more done on the chicken coop, closer to them living in their own space. Wont you be glad then!!!!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  8:27:42 PM  Show Profile
yep i will be a happy chickie. i will do hair soon when i get me time...hahahaha...when is that? ha! anyway...yes, see blog for new things on coop
http://funsizefarm.blogspot.com

-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  05:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies~

We have spring break here this week. No big plans. Right now they are just finishing up some math so they don't have to do other work this week. I have some projects I want to tackle and get finished.

It is very cold here. Only 30 last night and will be the same tonight. They are promising a warm up by next weekend.

Carol Sue~hope you are better soon.

Jess~great news on the coop.

Carol~good luck with packing and your move.

Autumn~I have to go check out your blog.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page