Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  06:57:40 AM  Show Profile
eh, well i opened my mouth the other day, it seems most are in agreement with us.....i still cant figure out how this happened? we should be able to choose more that 2 to pick from tho

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:13:45 AM  Show Profile
My dh had rigged a pulley system which was hooked up to our camper shell. When not in use, he would flip a switch and the pulleys would raise the camper shell up to the garage ceiling, and then we could lower it on to our truck when needed. It was way too cool.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:14:32 AM  Show Profile
awesome

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Jess~I agree~how did this happen? How did we get where we are today. It's almost like no choice at all.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:15:37 AM  Show Profile
I too have a "habit" of keeping stuff - I think from when we were first married and money was so tight (not that is still isn't) - husband was just telling me what a hoarder I am, he has a problem with it - the last couple years of clearing out MIL's stuff, I keep finding the most wonderful old things I want to keep. don't know what I will do with them, just hate to part with them. Like night before last I was cleaning out an old trunk and there were alot of fur collars she took off coats, fur hat, fur cape that is just beautiful...these are just all too beautiful to get rid of! of couse, he really complains because I still have most of the kids toys down in the basement...but the gkids really enjoy going thru them when they come...I did get rid of most of the baby clothes and the baby furniture...
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  07:18:06 AM  Show Profile
Sharon~that's sounds really cool. Would love to see that working.

Suzanne~men just don't understand. There are some really nice things that though they can't understand why we keep them~they should leave it alone~and no complaints.
Ruth

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  08:36:50 AM  Show Profile
I put up a picture of the treats Monica sent me and the mesh bag I'm crocheting on my blog.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  12:13:43 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I know it...of all body parts to quit working! I've got two staircases in the cabin and it's all hardwood floors so that alone is gonna be hard on me. I've to get some area rugs to provide some cushion.

I have an appointment on April 20th for the shots in my feet. They said I can drive myself but that the pain will be worse before it gets better.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  1:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Steph~I hope these shots help. Especially if it's going to be worse before it gets better. Praying you have some relief.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  8:11:31 PM  Show Profile
Steph, sorry about all your pain....and hope the docs can do something. With all of today's knowledge and medicines I'm sure they'll be able to fix you up.
Been working on my "Angels, Fairies and Totems" page and finally got the background and header done....much more work to do...but it will be a fun and POSITIVE site for all to share.....

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  8:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Carol, the blog is looking great! I'm your first follower. Yes, with all the tricks in the docs bag there's got to be one for me!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  9:15:52 PM  Show Profile
well gals i wont be on till next tuesday. i am packing to take the kids to the beach for the weekend and have a ton of fun. hope all of you have a wonderful easter weekend.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:12:22 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, have fun and be safe.

Steph

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:15:48 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Catch up with all of you tomorrow!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:21:51 PM  Show Profile
we will have a grand time if i can ever get packed and out the door tommorrow
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  03:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, the beach...oh have a wonderful time Teresa! How I long for the warmth of the sun and the sound of the waves....not this year, I fear.

Well, got the truck loaded with trees, blackberry,raspberry and golden raspberry bushes....off to the farm for some planting time today...and helping out at the construction site...Oh my things are speeding along, now....so exciting.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and a blessed Easter!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons for sale at: www.apronmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  05:59:56 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies!!

Carol~how can i visit your new blog? I would love to see it but didn't see a link anywhere.

Teresa~have fun at the beach.

Bev~wow~you are busy!! I am glad to hear things are coming along. The house looks great!!!

Today we are going to visit my daughter's surrogate grandmother. She has known this lady since 1st grade. She is so sweet. The house she lives in was originally built by a pilgrim in 1685, John Alden, for his daughter. It is amazing. I love visiting there. It's on the beach in Little Compton. The most beautiful area in our state, I think. It will be nice to see her and I can't wait to go.

I hope you all have a great day.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  06:02:27 AM  Show Profile
What fun! The beach!! No holiday here- we're almost through getting all the demo done on the guest house-on Saturday we start putting it all back together!!!!
Shopped for appliances and fixtures last night and pest control is coming today to give it the once over for bugs and mice.

I wanted that done before the walls get closed back up.
I'll post pics on my blog in a day or so!
Have a great day girls!!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  10:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Steph, gosh I love the pet beds you had on your blog....I have a suitcase that will be perfect for the doggies, just need the legs. What a great idea. Of coarse both dogs and the 3 kitties all sleep together so that should just get very interesting....lol.

Autumn, oh my gosh how very exciting for you and your family close by, even better.

Ronna, so glad you had a enjoyable time with Glenny and the dumb court process.

Karin, yippee a sign of spring for you

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  11:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Jesss, what a grand idea going up and doing a farmgirl turn at Karins would be, first we would have to ohh and ahh and then hit it running....lol

Karin, you crack me up, velcro ceilings, off to read more.....

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  11:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Steph, I think we get to the point that we just plain need the releif from the pain. You have to many fun things to do when you are in the cabin to have that kind of pain!!!!! Hope it brings you some relief finally.

Suzan, what us hoard, no, not us, we just have collectables, vintage and just plain fun. Now what would they say if we went through their shops and said what we thought....lmbo....

Sharon, what a great idea with the pulley system for your camper, smart thinking.

Ruth, I have got to go catch up on your blog and others....

Lanna, I could just see myself playing with the pulleys for the piano and it letting go....yikes......lol

Carol, you are working away on your blogs and what a great job you are doing....

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  12:03:39 AM  Show Profile
Yippee, I caught up!!!!!

Bev, I bet your arms are sore with all that planting but how wonderful. Girl you are gonna keep adding to your preserving list....grin.

Yes, Teresa and family got off and running. They should have a great time. WAAAAHHHHHH, I love the beach. One of these days I will see it again.

We have had 4 whole days of sunshine and good weather. It sure was nice having the bones warm up some. We got our chicken yard set up much better, and the girls are very happy now. Had doggie patrol, sheezz......enough said.
And the daffodils are up further and one of them has the start of a bud. The others just need some more sun.
So now we are back to the normal weather.....cooler, cloudy, and rain. But the tease of spring was so very very nice.

Body did good for a couple of days, or was it because I got to be out in the sunshine, but too days of pain not so intense was so nice. So back to normal and you deal with what you got and readjust.

You want to laugh at me, I have this one piece of fabric I have been saving for an exhange we are doing with my quilt group, I had it where It hought I knew exactly where it was. Holy cow, I am in big fat trouble now because it has not been there. I have been looking for 2 days, out in the little quilt barn and inside.....I swear that darn camera cord stole the fabric and escaped....ehhhhh gadss......lol. I have to find it cause I get to go to our quilt groups quilt retreat next week and that is what it is for.....I am in big trouble now.....lol

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  12:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol Sue.....yep, I'm fed up with pain! It really cramps my style..just not me to be limping around...dam, I'm only 50! This is crazy..So I'm ready..it's either gonna be shots or surgery.

I can't believe you have lost a piece of fabric...no way! LOL Did you see my post at my blog of all the containers of my fabric stash? I think about a fabric that I think I have..it will be a joy to unpack all those totes.

I hope you have a restful fun weekend!

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  12:31:43 AM  Show Profile
I wanted to wish all of you girls a blessed and peace filled Easter!

I don't get to post a lot these days. Between working on the farm and taking care of my dad in Seattle (lots of travel) I just don't get to chat much. I'm dead ( as in dead on my feet!) in the middle of lambing and kidding on my landlord's farm and am having a fit of exhausted insomnia so I'm probably the last one posting tonight/this morning? :P

I wanted especially to say hi to Carol Sue ( Hugs girl!) and Stephanie (And more hugs!) I'm sorry that both of you have pain to deal with, but I admire your strengths and fun-loving spirits =) I have Raynaud's disease in my hands and feet and have to deal with numbness and pain a lot, so I sympathize.

I was wondering about care and keeping of antique aprons...I inherited an antique apron from the estate of my great aunt. it is a south west theme apron from the 1940's and I will post a pic as soon as I can remember to =0 it is a lovely thing and I want to take care of it right

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Ruth.......the Angels, Fairies and Totems page is still in the making and I want it to be perfect so it will be another 3 to 4 weeks or so before it's up and running. I've asked for Steph's advice on some things so I guess she got to have the first peek! LOL I'm just so excited about it but with having to pack and relocate homes for the summer my mind is in a thousand directions.

My main intention is to have this new blog be a kind of a sharing place with contributions of POSITIVE stories, ideas, and crafts that we can share with others, as well as another avenue for promoting our businesses, or bogs. So this will take a little time to coordinate for it to be a valuable site for anyone that may be interested. I feel we ALL bring special gifts into this world, that there is no "better than" or "worse than than"............and I want this page to reflect that. Hopefully I can make it work!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page