Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  1:33:43 PM  Show Profile
My daughter is an LPN working towards her RN. She has told me some of the inadequate care she has seen aides give, and she isn't shy about turning them in. She has seen firings due to the licensed nurses not standing for the inadequate care. The funny thing is she is the last one I would have expected to be a nurse...she really doesn't mind the physical care that goes along with the job. It's truly an amazing thing when someone really embraces the committment. My sister is an RN and she is the same way - must be in the genes! When my sister was a new nurse the only negative comment on her ratings was that she was "too caring". I think what they were trying to convey was that she needed to distance herself in order to save her own sanity...I'm an accountant and I've said time and time again they deserve every penny they are paid and then some!

Edited by - Suzan on Mar 18 2009 1:35:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  1:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Whoops! - didn't mean to imply all aides are incompetent, but I think as commented above some don't realize what they are getting into and then feel "stuck" in a job they don't care to do. Molly raves about her aides that are really good, and is thankful for their help!

Edited by - Suzan on Mar 18 2009 1:38:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Suzanne,

Yes, there's always the negative in everything....There are loads of Nurse angels as I refer to them. :0) And plenty of aides that are compassionate caring individuals. We just need MORE of them. ;0)

I know it has to be a burden for those that find themselves in a job that doesn't support them financially and requires so much mental energy that they just don't have anymore.

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Mar 18 2009 2:13:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  6:46:40 PM  Show Profile
Ranchetta/Carol, email me thru the forum your email addy and I'll invite you. Goes for anyone that wants to visit my blog. Just email me thru the forum and I'll add ya. Just want people I know visiting~no weirdos. ;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  7:26:07 PM  Show Profile
Bonne....anyone, please go to my blog and see if you can leave a comment on that first post...blogger is doing weird stuff right now..need to see if you can post.

Thank you..

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  8:20:52 PM  Show Profile
Going steph.....

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  8:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Bonne I'll do that ...Oh, wait a minute, didn't Steph tell you what a weirdo I am? LOL

Steph, I'll try leaving a comment but I've been having problems..that's why I e-mailed you the first time. I'll try again.

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  9:19:23 PM  Show Profile
Steph I had no luck trying to comment on your post at all.
Looks like autumn got one in though.

I haven't tried to do posting in a while, need do and will see what happens with me girls.....

Now I cannot remember a thing I read girls....sheeezzz.

Oh yeah nurses and wages and care....my sister is a nurse and is compassionate and caring, but she will tell you there are some that it is a career not a passion. My philosphy of life is do what you are passionate about. Otherwise you will end up being unhappy. Your passions are who you are.....

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  9:21:34 PM  Show Profile
The weird message at my blogger dashboard is now gone! LOL What a strange happening. I think they are having major hiccups lately. Autumn, Thanks for posting..

Oh and Autumn, are you still on Dial-up?? If so, how long did it take for my blog to load?

What about you Carol Sue..how long does it take you?

Carol, What happens when you try to post at my blog? I know you've tried but I don't know what happens to prevent it??

I've got my header all dressed up and there's a new design that seperates each of my posts but they are not working right yet...in progress of fixing. I like the 3 column template.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  9:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Carol....you beat me to the punch line...LOL When Bonne said NO wierdos..I was wondering why she let me in....woohoo!! I think it's because her and I both like Glenn Beck.....hahahaha

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  9:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Ok, blogger will not take my password at all. It keeps coming back incorrect and it isn't.....what the heck

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  05:39:04 AM  Show Profile
I had some trouble with Blogger on Sunday. It was being really weird and my internet security kept telling me it was linking to things that would steal your info. It was weird and then it was over.

Steph~I commented on your blog the other day without any trouble. I will try it again today.

Kids have classes all day today. I had to make lunches and get everything ready nice and early. It's a long day out.

Yesterday, I put down newspaper in the garden area. The wind was a bugger, though. I will cover it with plastic tomorrow. It's supposed to rain today so I figured it should get wet and then I can cover it to kill the grass.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  05:58:33 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, Are you planning to put the plastic over it and lay soil mixture on top of the plastic? Just wondering...I want to put some raised beds together in the next couple weeks.
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  07:53:12 AM  Show Profile
hi gals i finally caught up. i have been hitting the rack early and just didnt seem to catch up. i am tired today, i dont know why though. gotta go do those dang dishes and start some more laundry the two never ending tasks.

someday i will get to do some sewing or something fun but not any time soon gotta clean up the yard and porch

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  08:05:26 AM  Show Profile
I ran out of newspaper doing our plot, but then I did the same thing with our other raised beds too. With the depth of soil/manure/compost whatever that you are laying down over the grass, I've never had any grass pop through except for around the very outer edges and that was quickly gotten rid of by pulling. When laying down newspaper first, you have to quickly throw your fill on top, as it will blow off. Do a small area at a time.

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  09:30:39 AM  Show Profile
Steph, I can't leave a comment on your blog! Every time I try it just goes blank! I have that trouble from time to time on other blogs even though I am signed in on blogger! I can't leave a message on the vintage collection either even though I followed the link! I have to tell you we are truly sisters at heart! I have the same stack of storage containers full of fabric too!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  09:36:25 AM  Show Profile
I need to do some more sewing. I worked a little on my trailer. It needed some overhaul. I am not finished, but it is better than when I first started. I don't know why things like that can get out of hand. sheesh! I was able to finish up some aprons and put them up on the website. I sold one of the aprons that I finished this week.Yeah!

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  10:01:09 AM  Show Profile
We have been fighting with our bank lately! We are allowed to take money out of savings 6 a month and we went over that for the first time in 3 years and they are trying to charge us $48 for it! The problem is they are trying to charge us for the ones we are supposed to be able to do! Hubby has been on the phone a number of times trying to straighten it out and the manager he talked to is just nasty! On top of all of it one of the times I transferred money was because they closed his debit card because of some compromise with the number! They did finally refund some of it, but they are still won't fix it right!

To top all of that mess off, we had given John a check 2 1/2 weeks ago for "rent" and I forgot about it because I don't write hardly any checks and when he finally deposited it, it didn't clear! That is the first time in 20 years I have done that, but when I called him to let him know, he got all snotty with me and told me I should not write checks if I don't have the money to cover it! For crying out loud it was a mistake! I can't wait to move out of here! I told hubby from now on he can talk to John because that was the second time he had gotten all snotty on the phone with me! Hubby said he is going to sit down and have a man to man talk with John when he gets back in town! Pray we find another place soon! Sorry to vent! I have just had enough with people and their garbage! As far as I am concerned right now everybody can just go away!

My bright spot is that Carol and I are getting together tomorrow and I am so excited to finally meet another farmgirl! Yipee!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  11:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Have a blast with Carol~she looks like a good time~lol

arghhhh on the bank issues. I'm trying to get a double billing reversed and that takes forever it seems. They're quick to double charge but slow to refund THEIR error. pffstt!!

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  12:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Bonne, Isn't that the way it goes! They can take it in a second, but when you try to get it back it takes weeks and they need to "research" the matter!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  12:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I need help again...Anyone, PALEEZ go look at my blog and see it the music note image that appears between each Post is showing up?????

From my computer they are not loading, partially loading or a few loading..the designer that uploaded it for me says she sees all of them and they are fine.. So what the????

Let me know what you see please!

Well, let's see I had a double charge on our cable/internet bill a week ago..went in to pay it online like I always do, wouldn't accept it, told me to call customer service..so I did that the next day, asked it they showed any pending payments, NO was the answer....looked at my online banking last Friday and I have two debit for the exact same amount...went back to my online account and looked...sure enough one posted the 13th, the other posted the 16th....there WAS a pending payment...good grief! So now I have a credit and will not have pay next month....

NEXT, WALMART (It broke the camels back and will never buy from them again) They double charged me..the total was $109...for some reason the debit machine was being wonky...so she reset it (she said) and told me to swipe it again and like a dumbaSS I did...and guess what, Walmart now has been paid $218 for $109 worth of stuff..And they are telling me I'm crazy.

I'm soooo wish I was gonna be there with Monica and Carol tomorrow!!!! WAAAAAAAAA Why do we have to live so far away..we need our own commune!

Monica, I'm sorry the bank has charged you this rediculous fee...they get us coming and going! Thanks for trying to leave me a comment...Blogger has major bugs lately!

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Sharon~right now I am putting down newspaper held down with lots of rocks and it's getting rained on today. Tomorrow, I will cover it with plastic. This way the grass will die and then I will remove the plastic and put down more paper and add compost. Probably in a couple of weeks and wait to plant when it's warm enough here.

Monica~Banks are so horrible especially right now. It's difficult to deal with them. So sorry to hear about this trouble. I had to stop using my debit card because I was always forgetting to take the money out of the check ledger. Have fun with Carol!

It is true they are quick to charge you and not quick to return. One time they made a big mistake on a deposit I made and when I called the bank they were sassy and rude. I wasn't able to get them to fix it. They kept saying it was my mistake. When I told them that my husband worked for the bank, knew their manager and would take care of it then they tried to be very nice. It was too late then.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Steph~just came from your blog and I can see the music notes between the posts.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  12:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ruth, Now I wonder why my computer is not loading them??? totally wonky..

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  12:49:55 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, you're making too much work of it. Lay the paper/then the fill and be done with it. The grass won't grow through if you put the required depth for a raised bed (6-8")

I finished another apron-wrap dress today. ;)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page