Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  7:13:50 PM  Show Profile
Like I said the other day, "I shutter to think of going to a home"...I'm gonna just have to depart early or someone take pity on me and help me should Thomas be gone. I'm so sorry she has to experience this stuff Sharon.

Karin, As each year passes I enjoy the eccentric look more and more. Have y'all read the English poem "When I grow old I shall wear purple"?? That's me!

And I can't spell worth a crap lately! I look at my post and think who typed that..LOL

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Mar 17 2009 7:15:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  7:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Steph, if you finish the poem and join the Red Hats...you'll surely run into my sister...so run fast the other way. Don't know about other areas, but the ones here are loud and obnoxious wherever they go. One big "I'm better than you and I'll show it" group. I stay far away from them.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, I'm so sorry I didn't make myself clear..I like the poem..that's all..I have no intentions of becoming a red hat society lady... I do fine entertaining myself, thank you very much..LOL

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  8:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Me too! I am glad that my mom is alert to things that are going on. I really like most of the nurses. I think that it is the night nurses who try these things.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  8:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Me too, Sharon. The nurses that are doing this should be reported. If our colleges would be funded more money for their Nursing Departments and programs so they could have more instructors and classrooms and labs, etc. they could graduate a decent number at a time. Then maybe we wouldn't be facing the shortage of them that we are. The burnout rate is so high on top of everything else..

Ronna, I thought of that poem when I was replying to Karin about the older people being eccentric dressers..I'll just dress in purple if I choose too with any other color that I think at the moment looks good. The last thing in my mind was a bunch of obnoxious women...LOL

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Mar 17 2009 9:00:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  9:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Steph, I figured as much; you're too independent to be a part of such an obnoxious group. All I've seen do their best to "out do" everyone else. I didn't think life was meant to be such a competition.
Hell, I'll wear purple any time I want...and had the purple dodge challenger too. Larry telling me to forget about having one was the biggest reason I made sure to buy it after we divorced-hahaha. Purple power!!! Wish I still had it, was my favorite car until the Vette. and yes, I did enjoy driving it today and likely will all week. 79k miles in nearly 14 years; the '05 PT Cruiser has the same. Yes, it does need to be driven more, thanks Larry.

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  10:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Carol/Monica,
My guess on the old pickup would be early 50's Chevy or GMC, could tell better from the front. My other half would know I'm sure.
If any of you have ever heard of the Burning Man celebration in NV every Labor
Day, there's a row of decorated rocks and fake tombstones out there. Been quite awhile since I've been out there, but don't think any are painted up like that. Poor hippies here, I guess, no money for paint.
Larry and I were both working here in NV when all the San Francisco hippies headed across the land to Woodstock. Quite an experience I've never forgotten, just to watch them. Half a dozen shared the same toothbrush, would hand it to the next as they came out of the restroom. Anytime a customer got up in the cafe, if there was any food left on the plates, one of them would sit down and gobble it right up. Have to say, don't think any of them pocketed my tips, which was usually a whopping big quarter back then.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  10:39:31 PM  Show Profile
You got that right, Ronna..They are like a bunch of alpha females that have to constantly "up" the next one... all in all totally obnoxious. What a collector item the Dodge would be today...what a flashback!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  10:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Boy howdy you girls have been chatting a bit and we are over 900 pages.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, just having a bugger of a time. Need a break from this for a bit.

Gonna go read as that always cheers me up!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  10:45:27 PM  Show Profile
If that Challenger is still around, in restored condition it would be worth at least 40 times what it cost new. Was a rare model "Western Sports Special". Some have gone for a million $$, but only with the humongous engines and rare features. and still selling, too...some people must have kept their money under the mattress, the $$ auctions are doing well. I should research it, still have the original window sticker from it and the '68 dodge charger I traded in.
Happy we're on the same "anti red hat" page. blechhhh
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  10:46:55 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue....you have mail :)
what is RSV?
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:07:57 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, that was a great apron girl!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, the ones still spending the big bucks like that had a major load of $$$$$$$$$$ before the market fell...they'll weather the storm virtually unaffected..they may have to lower their usual receipts but they'll keep on churning. And that's a good thing..God help us if everyone was equal in this country!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Rest in pieces in deed Autumn, dang that was funny.

Ronna, you should drive that Vette, green works just fine for the day.

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:53:11 PM  Show Profile
will email you back ronna....

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  04:59:28 AM  Show Profile
I finished my Kitty Kat wrap skirt. Now I want one in brighter colors.
Love these skirts and actually have the weather to wear'em.
Headin' north for the rest of the day.;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  06:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Bonne~Enjoy your day. Can't wait to see your skirt.

Carol Sue~I hope you start feeling better soon.

Karin~Too funny of the couple you saw at Joanne's.

Sharon~so sorry to hear about your mom. My mother in law is in a nursing home and I can't even begin to tell you the stories of things that happen there. It is so sad that things are this way. We should be caring for them in a better way but no one, or very few, seem to care enough.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  07:06:18 AM  Show Profile
Bonne...will you be showing a picture of the skirt on your blog or on this site? (I tried to visit but it told me to go away...get lost.....I wasn't invited LOL!)

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  08:30:55 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, there will always be the good sprinkled with the bad. There are some very good workers there, who enjoy their job. The lazy ones need to find work elsewhere.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  10:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Where is everyone these days? Are you all out enjoying the nice weather?

I have to give my dog a bath, clean the bathroom and hopefully get the newspaper laid out in the garden area today. It can start to decompose and then I will put compost on top of it in the garden.

I have a bunch of towels to wash and then a load of the dog's things.

What is everyone working on?

Ronna must be out enjoying her vette.

Sharon~yes, that is true. Unfortunately here most of the workers are people who were trained for this job because they couldn't be on welfare any longer. Alot of them really don't like their job and are not shy about saying it. The nursing homes in this state have had a lot of trouble. You can't close them down because too many people with no where to go. So sad.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  10:30:07 AM  Show Profile
Ronna trying to get a Discover screw up resolved. Not true, it's the hotels where my son is staying, putting a hold on the card for his room, not just for incidentals like they should. Company pays for hotels, but sure making a headache for Jerry and me with the $8-900 holds every week. grrrrr
Then I'm headed out and not sure which car...probably the Vette. Lots of Harleys on the road yesterday too. Yay for spring, though we might get dumped this weekend again.
Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog, one day I might even do the posting and let Jess do what she needs to for herself.
Elder care abuse is rampant, I feel for anyone who does not have someone to monitor their care in any nursing or assisted living home. I know they didn't like me. When one is paying over $8k a month for care and told to pee in their diaper cause not enough staff to help to the bathroom-something is really wrong.
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  10:59:48 AM  Show Profile
So true Ronna. They have told my mil many times to pee in her diaper because they don't have enough people to lift her. So sad.
Sorry to hear about the cc trouble. The companies are being pains lately. Had some trouble with ours recently and its one we don't even use. heard on the news that they actually want people to close their accounts and have been cutting limits and raising rates to irritate people.

Ruth

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:11:53 AM  Show Profile
When my mother first went in to this place, I checked on line to see if their rating. They were rated better than the other place that she was in. The social worker told me in the beginning that they screen the workers very carefully before they can work in this place. Maybe, these workers were fine when screened, but not now.

When I went to use the restroom, one of the nurses came out and she did not wash her hands. I reported it immediately to the facility. I even told my mother about who the nurse was. My mom makes sure that who ever works on her that they wash their hands, and that the person has clean gloves. I think that this person may have intimidated my mom, so that is why my mom did not speak up. My mom usually is very verbal.

Oh, and by the way, I have been trying to increase my apron inventory, so I have done some sewing today. Clothes have to be folded, but they can wait. There is sewing to be done.

www.countrynmore.com

Edited by - countrynmore on Mar 18 2009 11:12:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  12:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I feel sure it's the CNA's that are changing diapers, bathing..all the nasty work..and in this part of the US the pay scale is either minimum wage or a bit higher..it's equivalent to slave labor..I think the ladies that take the fairly quick CNA training don't realize what a load is gonna be thrown at them..it's crazy to say the least.

And of course, many CNA's realize they need to become a NURSE..LOL Make good money and not have to so much nasty work or atleast be paid good if they are doing it.

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Mar 18 2009 12:25:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I agree with you there. I wouldn't want to do it.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page