Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  7:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Cheryl, email Bee Haven Maven, her name should be on the first of this thread, click on her name and her profile will come up, then you can hit, send email and email her your information. There you go girl. So Glad you are here with us.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  7:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Bev., I thought that I would help you get a jump start on your Christmas stash. I really appreciate all that you did.

www.countrynmore.com
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfabrics4u23

Edited by - countrynmore on Sep 23 2007 8:04:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  7:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies I am back from Ye old renfaire... and I have more more More soap to make. BUT.....

Now my 2¢ I like iBees well because we are an internet group. Without Borders is good, but I like Sew the Planet or Stitch Global. I think it will be a very short time until this becomes international.

My vision for a graphic, is a treadle machine... can someone lift off the decal graphics and over Singer lay iBees/the group name and motto, and where the Sphinx/red eyes would be(on the shoulder and base), lay the bee? I will dig out the old lap top and see if I can do it, but for it to look good it is going to need to be pretty seamless (and in perspective and shaded correctally) and I just dont have the software to do it.

I do like the fabric, and it does come in 3 different colors... and like all three... although I do have 5 yrds of the pink.
The salvage says, Luana Rubins for Robert Kaufman "Joie de Vivre' www.RobertKaufman.com Benefiting Breast Cancer Research

It really is very pretty fabric in person. I just love it. To order it from my distributer, we are going to need to make a $2000 min... with as many members as we have, and 3 colors, it shouldnt be hard. It will be approx $6.50 a yard and it can be listed on Etsy... So a person can buy 1 yard or 10 (BTW you can squeeze 8-10 yrds on a flat rate envelope). Or if someone is really friendly with a small quilting/fabric shop.... see what it would take to order it and prices. I dont think we would ever be able to compete price wise with Joanns/HobbyLobby/Hancocks with a coupon.

I am sure I will pop in and out. I have to soap and I have Wed & thurs at the faire for the student days.

E-

BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I can't use the cell phone in the car. I have to keep my hands free for making gestures."

Edited by - BotanicalBath on Sep 23 2007 7:21:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  7:32:28 PM  Show Profile
I really like the bee, an apron, a threadle, how in the world would you do that? Not a graphic person here girls. Love all the ideas.
E- you should be one very clean lady with all that soap.....LOL You go girl!!!!

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  7:42:39 PM  Show Profile
I can see if I can order it through Hancock Fabrics as an employee. I work tomorrow, so I'll check!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://thefabricho.blogspot.com/
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  7:49:49 PM  Show Profile
Leezard I love that fabric shop BUT

La La La La I can not hear you

La La La la there are totally great prices and I could spend a grand there

La la la la I dont want to hear free Shipping

La La La La I am trying to save my money for an embroidery machine and a new SUV this and next month....

LA LA LA LA LA LA

LA LA LA LA LA LA

E-

BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I can't use the cell phone in the car. I have to keep my hands free for making gestures."
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  8:03:41 PM  Show Profile
I ordered from them tonight. The sale price of the Michael's fabric is cheaper than I can get it for elsewhere, and there is no shipping charges. Oh Boy! Am I in trouble.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  8:13:06 PM  Show Profile
I wanted the retro western kids ~ but some are sold out already!!! :(

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile
E- do you think if you keep lalalalaing long enough you can run away from it?
You are toooo funny.
Good for you Sharon, a good buy is a very good thing, I loved the little cowboy and cowgirls, ahhhhhhh
Behaving myself, rent and basics are more important than fabric......am I sure?
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  8:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I can understand that. My dh is just not going to like it.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  8:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick note to all of you.
Tks for the compliments- I also got some valuable tips from Katy over on the tatting thread. I actually started another edging with her advice and it worked. Farmgirls are the best!!!

The clothespin bag is in MJ's book- I used a red sharpie to decorate-
I like the "without borders" ideas and the bee-
and I am a very good follower-
(Probably ought to pick something out that I don't like- kids tell me Mom's like corny stuff!!)
Welcome to newcomers- prepare to SEW!! You will be motivated and cheered all the way!
Blessings!
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  8:30:33 PM  Show Profile
yes

E-

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  9:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow ladies! This thread grows so fast!

I like "Bee Without Borders" since it flows really well of the tongue- but I like all of the suggestions so whatever everyone decides will be great! :D

I am going to get started soon on my first apron project as soon as I get my house all cleaned up.

The last few days the kitchen has gotten all clean, now I am getting a handle on the laundry and the livng room. Next will be the bathroom and the office, then the bedrooms. So Hopefully by next Sunday I will have a new apron! Yay!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  9:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Alee, ya gots to have something to look forward to, after all that cleaning.....rewards are a good thing and so is a new apron.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Alee, when you get that apron finished, be prepared to post a picture of it! Some of us have been brave enough to model our aprons ourselves...which is great fun, cause then we all get to see you in person....nice to have a face to imagine when you think of someone. If not, well, we just have to use our imaginations!

E....happy soaping....I know you will be checking out that site with the free shipping.....I just know you will!!!

Carol Sue...hope you are feeling a bit better these days......glad we give you a diversion!!

Bonne....thanks for all the wonderful links.

everyone new.....welcome....I should have e-mailed you by now...

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Bev- what are you doing up so late sweetie, I know why I am!!!!!
Diversions are a very good thing.....
That is why I embroidery, I don't have to think lots and am concentrating on something else helps. Besides they are Christmas ones that I am majorly having fun with.
Nay, you mean you went to bed early, shock aronis!!!!!!LOL

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I am up with a sick dog....Sadie is having a severe reaction to a sedative the vet gave her yesterday. She is having the closest thing to a drug induced psychosis that I have ever seen in a dog.

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
She finally layed down so I think I will try to sleep. She is always my problem child....never heard of a mentally ill dog, but I think she just might be....and it is very un-nerving. Hopefully only temporary....but she has been like this for 36 hours now.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:26:07 PM  Show Profile
Flickr groups are great for additional photo albums and you can even have Flickr groups but a Blog will give the Chapter so many added features that we can't get short of creating a website from scratch...and plus will give us a very nice identity and appearance.

I see a Chapter Blog as truly Inter-connecting all of the members since so many of us have personal and business blogs, websites, etsy shops, etc.

I really believe for the sake of download time it will be to everyone's advantage to "link" to photos alot of the time when posting on the blog (that's where the Flickr albums come in)...otherwise it's gonna take forever for the folks on a "dial-up" to view anything....something to think about...

Also, the blogs are usually free or a very small fee depending on which one you choose..I use blogspot (it's free) but I know many ladies use Typepad and Wordpad which offers much more flexibility with design.

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:40:58 PM  Show Profile
I promise I'm not talking to myself..LOL Someone asked about Yahoo groups earlier.....Yahoo groups are so impersonal, lack customization, no labels, search feature is lacking....overall a 10 on the richter scale....much better options available.

Of course, Mary Jane could always set up a forum for us over in the Farmgirl Chapter area of her website with all the categories we like to talk about or set up "farmgirl blogs" to sign up for...Yep, I see that Mary Jane needs more bandwidth big time..LOL... I guess we will have to wait for the new position to be filled to see what happens over there for the chapters.

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  11:56:41 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, you are so excited and so full of truthfully really good ideas. Half the stuff you are talking about I would have no clue. Good thing that you and others do.
How is sewing going girlfriend? I am up for only a little bit more. Suggested to take a muscle relaxant that I had and see if that doesn't help with the sleep factor.
Want a funny girls, I think I am doing so good throwing in the sheets that are on top of the washer, I wonderded why they were folded but didn't think any further about it. Dh had already washed then and folded them thinking I would know that he did. LOL, clueless here washed them again......Yep, laughing at myself.....some days I make myself wander.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  12:11:24 AM  Show Profile
OMG Carol Sue, Ok...I confess since you did the double washing the sheets thingy....I threw one of those microwave dinners in and....well..got busy and when Thomas came home he goes to heat up something and finds the dinner (hours later)...RITFLOL I just stood there and said, "I told you I'm losing it and it's a short trip these days! Ok, does anyone else have "a moment" they would dare to share?? LOL

That muscle relaxant ought to do the trick and you are gonna have some clean sheets there girly!

Sweet Dreams,

Stephanie

quote:
Originally posted by Carol Sue

Stephanie, you are so excited and so full of truthfully really good ideas. Half the stuff you are talking about I would have no clue. Good thing that you and others do.
How is sewing going girlfriend? I am up for only a little bit more. Suggested to take a muscle relaxant that I had and see if that doesn't help with the sleep factor.
Want a funny girls, I think I am doing so good throwing in the sheets that are on top of the washer, I wonderded why they were folded but didn't think any further about it. Dh had already washed then and folded them thinking I would know that he did. LOL, clueless here washed them again......Yep, laughing at myself.....some days I make myself wander.

Enjoying life.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  12:47:11 AM  Show Profile
Bev, so sorry about Sadie..I would be a wreck for sure if it was my "Miss Morgan"..Let us know how she's doing...

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  03:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I am up again....had a few hours of sleep....Sadie finally slept. Weirdest behavior I have ever seen.

I am glad you like the blog idea. I am only familiar with blogger so if someone else really likes another blogging tool, please speak up and give your recommendations.

I will submit an e-mail ballot to everyone by the end of the week....due back to me on Saturday....then we will see what the general concensus is on our group name.

Also.....please if you are good with graphics....do a little playing around and see what you can come up with.....with a bee and a treadle. Aprons brought us together originally....but it is only one facet of what we do....unless that little bee could have a teeny tiny apron around her "waist"????? Don't want it to look corny, though, right?

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  03:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Bev, you girl haven't had enough sleep. Glad Sadie is doing a little better and hope that is the end of the bizarre behaviour. Hoping you can take a nap today. I like the idea of a bee with an apron, not sure how you would make it work. Muscle relaxants helped, but still not asleep.....some day....
Ahhh who needs sleep. Not me.....LOL
Have a good morning girls, I bet I will be sleeping....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page