Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Theme 12 1/2 inch QuiltBlockSwap *FULL*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Theme 12 1/2 inch QuiltBlockSwap *FULL* Next Topic
Page: of 13

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  2:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
hi gals, I am reading this just to get inspired to work on mine. I am finishing my first machine made quilt...then I'll work on all the blocks.

I am assuming all of them should be the same? The measuring is the hardest part for me...and cutting... but I'll be trying!

read...post....sew....read...post....sew...all the day long..la la la la

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  05:38:03 AM  Show Profile
I don't think it matters if they are all the same or not. Some of the girls in the last swap sent a few different ones and that was fine. They are sorted to send out by who made them, not the pattern. Be as creative as you want.

Don't worry about the measuring. Yours will be fine. I always have a problem with that too and they all come out fine.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  3:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Finished my first block. Came out better than I had hoped. yay! Now to get onto the rest of them.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have four embroidered many more to go

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  09:32:01 AM  Show Profile
Couldn't sleep last night so I cut out enough to make six more blocks.
Lots more to sew though.

Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I'm still cutting. I started over because I didn't like the first two fabrics I picked out. Individually they were nice - together...yuck. Oh well. I still have time. I'll have it done...lol

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  1:19:03 PM  Show Profile
My blocks are started too. I am doing a simple block this time. No stars or points just simple. Wintery but simple. I am going for the stress free block.
I got lots going on at work right now. Learning all new things. Trying not to step on my soon to be ex-boss-es toes. I am sorry that she was let go but on the other hand I am glad. Miserable best decribes her.

Kathy H
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Kathy,
I was hoping to do a star pattern but wasn't able to find one I thought I could do. Mine has points in it though. It is fairly simple. It doesn't take long to whip one up it is just that with so much going on, ie; grandbabies to have fun with everyday I have to stitch when I can. I figure if I can get one done everyday or so I still have plenty of time. I'm thinking about making some extras for Christmas gifts. Hot pads or potholders or a little lap quilt or something.

Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  6:53:23 PM  Show Profile
Denise,
Time is limited with me too. But we all just do the best we can. Hot pads and potholders are a great idea. Home made gifts are alway the best kind of gifts to receive. Or take three blocks, add some boarders and make a small table runner for your table.
When my daughter was little I made a couple of boo-boo blocks.
I used 6 1/2 inch blocks. Of course they were of a girly fabric. Bunny rabbits and Kitty cats were her favorit.
I used double thick batting and filled them with fish tank stones. Then placed them in the freezer. The stones held the cold for a long while.
When she fell or bumped herself I gave her the boo-boo block and it made it all better.
When the block got too dirty I would cut it open and reuse the stones in a new block.

Kathy H
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  03:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Kathy,
Boo-boo blocks. What a great idea. With two grandbabies here that would definitely be put to good use.
I didn't get to work on my squares yesterday but am hoping to do some rearranging of my sewing area so I can get to things. We just got the CO for our addition and since we haven't done permanent flooring yet I have been reluctant to move things into the family room. It looks like I will have to as it will be a while before we can get the carpeting and install it. So today I will get things in order and get to work on those quilt blocks. I do like the way they are coming out and have been thinking about do more to make a gift quilt.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  7:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Kathy,
I too love your boo-boo blocks idea.

I just made my 1st block for this swap, like it, so now I will start working on the rest.
I found a great fabric web site,(posted it over in 'Stitching') but here it is again,
I found it in the Nov '07 McCall's Quick Quilts magazine.
www.eQuilter.com
It has some really cool fabric and even apron pattrens.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  4:29:29 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I have an announcement to make....
....I have received my first set of blocks.
Way to go Corinne.
I see that a few of you are working on yours, how about the rest of you. We are very quite this time around.
I have a few of my blocks done but had to stop because of other swaps I am in. But I am going to try and finish up this weekend.

Grace and Denise..I also made a boo boo bunny out of a folded washcloth. In the center I could place an ice cube. That was too messy because of the melting ice. Then one day I found some little plastic icecubes. But she told me then that she was "a big girl" and boo boo bunnys were for "little girls"

Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  4:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
WOW

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  4:52:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kathy that is cute! They do like it when they are big girls. I have seen the boo boo bunnies everywhere. Have never used them though.
I managed to get some done on my blocks today. Didn't get complete blocks finished but that is because I started doing the same sections of about four blocks. When I finish I will have four done at once this way.

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  5:39:28 PM  Show Profile
I bought my fabric and will be starting my blocks this weekend. I am finishing up some other swap projects.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  6:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
hi... I am still signed up on this swap aren't I? I hope so...was looking forward to it. I bought fabric...does that count as starting? LOL

Quilting...sewing..reading...posting...swapping. I LOVE being a FARMGIRL!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  09:03:54 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
You are #1 on my list. Of course you are still in this swap. And yes, the purchase of fabric is one of the first steps. So yes, that counts as starting!!

Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2007 :  4:30:08 PM  Show Profile
I had a busy day today. We got up early. Ran to the super market for a few things. Then fixed the kitchen faucet. Next was the lights in our bedroom closet. My first time working with electricity. Not as hard as I thought it would be. I replaced the receded fixtures with dome lights. I like them a lot better. I will be doing the same in our kitchen.
As long as it does not rain tomorrow, I will be cutting the lawn. I need to throw a little grass seed down before it gets to late in the season.
Then if I have time I will be finishing up on my winter theme blocks. I am almost done.

Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  06:23:03 AM  Show Profile
I keep changing my mind!! I have all my winter fabrics picked out, so I'm OK there. I made a table topper with a 12 1/2 inch block that I really like, and think would be a good pattern. But, now I got a book with more 12 1/2 inch blocks, and I've found a couple that I like there too. Soooooo, it looks like I may do a couple different blocks! I'm just waiting for the first cold day around here to get motivated to work on the winter theme!! I'm anxious to get started, but the freakishly hot weather we've been having this year may just make me wait a little longer!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  10:53:10 AM  Show Profile
Ktknits~
I found that once I got started it really doesn't take that long and I think we have till the 30th of November. Still plenty of time. After I finish the set I have cut out now I will only have about 6 more to go I think. I have two grandbabies here a lot so they do keep me away from sewing but when they leave I work on them then. Or if they are here there are usually enough of us to keep an eye on them so I can get some sewing or cutting done. Said all that to say this. Whatever fabric you choose I'm sure we'll love it and once you get started it will probably breeze right along.
My son is in Indianapolis right now but hasn't said anything about the weather there. I think because he is inside a lot. my guess is that is a bit away from your area though.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  11:17:19 AM  Show Profile
Mine are done, have been for a week, I just need to square them up & then get them to the post.
I truly believe in simplicity, so I did not make these complicated which made tackling the project less daunting.
I think, getting to the post is the most difficult part, hahaha!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  08:04:07 AM  Show Profile
Indianapolis is about 2 hours south of me, Denise. They're typically a little warmer, but pretty comparable weather. Today it's supposed to be in the 60's, but it's been in the 70's and 80's so far, and while we may get a day or two like that at this time of the year, consistent 70's and 80's this late in October is very unusual for us! I'm planning to do one of each of the three blocks I like this week, and then I'll make up my mind and do the rest.

And, Grace, I agree with you!! Getting to the post office is almost as hard as getting to the health club to work out!! Ha!!

Kathy

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  09:30:05 AM  Show Profile
Now see Ktknits~Kathy, there you go, using that potty language again! "health club-work out" lol!
just kidding, but you are right, we are quick to sign up, write that check, and go faithfully the 1st month or 2, then the excuses start flowing like a river! hahaha!

Khartquilt~Kathy, sent you an email, need an address...have homeless quiltblocks...hurry! before they escape or I hog them all to myself...

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 23 2007 09:31:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile
Grace,
Got your email. My address is on its way..

Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  11:13:27 PM  Show Profile
kathy,
my blocks are on the way....
took them to the post, so they should arrive to you by next Wed., or sooner.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Theme 12 1/2 inch QuiltBlockSwap *FULL* Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page