showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  6:54:32 PM  Show Profile
I love the word "tribe" and think it describes this group soooo well.
Isn't a tribe people who band together to accomplish something individuals can't, provide enough to go around and sing the darkness away?

that's what i've been searching for and why i feel so at home even though it's only been a few weeks with my new sweet friends.

great writing meadowlark-great gift with words. keep it up!!

talk to you soon-
love you lots-
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2005 :  07:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Put one more feather in your head piece, Meadowlark, for putting into words all that is in my heart. You have a gift with words that speaks for many. I, too, feel a closeness and bond that puts pure joy in my heart. It's absolutely amazing how this happens without ever meeting any of you in person. What a wonderful visit it will be when that chance comes our way. I love reading all the ideas, thoughtful comments and words of wisdom being shared from one coast to the other. There' so much to learn from each other, keep it coming. Blessings on your day.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  01:31:34 AM  Show Profile
I agree whole heartedly about the special connection that is felt here. Meadowlark you have captured the spirit of our tribal home, (this meeting board)!

I once heard that "a sister is a special friend, but a "sista" is a special friend that knows our heart and speaks to our spirit out of friendship and love." So to all my tribal sista's, you are the best and I am thankful to belong to the tribe!
*Blessings Sista's* Ü

"Think HAPPY Thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  4:11:51 PM  Show Profile
Sisters, Gather 'round me in my tent...My hands are trembling and the tears falling, I need your strength, good thoughts and prayers. The metal of my 25 year long marriage is being tested. My husband and I are going through some rough times.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  4:30:50 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear that Meadowlark, if there is ANYTHING we can do, you let us know, probably all of us can say in earnest "been there done that:" and it wasn't fun.Goes without saying you are in our prayers. Right sistas?????
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  5:30:30 PM  Show Profile
Right. Beating the drum and hopefully you'll both hear the same beat again soon. Healing thoughts to you Meadowlark.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  5:48:32 PM  Show Profile
dear meadowlark.......
your lament has been heard by many who care and know that pain.
Consider your tent full.
Will check in throughout the night if you need to be here.

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  5:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark- My husband and I have been going through "the seven year itch" and things have been very unshure and shaky, but I beleive it's beginning to pass and we are finding new ways to connect with one another. I feel for you and I am here for you. I will be praying for your marriage.

hugs and blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  6:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Jenny-- Keeping you both in my thoughts and wishing you a less bumpy ride. After 20 years together, we too have been tested and it is no fun. Be strong, be yourself, open and honest.That and in the heat of the moment, remember to be kind and not say anything you will regret. Wish I could give you a hug, atleast it would help for the moment. You know where I am if you need to talk.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,
I hope that you will be okay. Remember We Are All Here Holding You!
Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  7:49:19 PM  Show Profile
Jenny - thank you for telling us so that we can pray and hope and cry along with you. Oh, my heart is aching. Be strong!
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  06:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Meadow, woke up worrying about you today,,,,,,how are you doing? Just remember you are in our thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Arlene
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:28:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much dear sisters for your prayers and concern... I can really feel the good vibes! Don't know what I'd do without this tribe. Sometimes couples need quiet. Not only physical quiet, but spiritual quiet. This has been lacking with us and has taken a toll. With changes, there comes a need for quiet and to re-balance. That is what DH and I need to do. I love you all.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:38:58 AM  Show Profile
Good to hear, Meadowlark! I'll still keep sending you those good vibes to sustain you both.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,
I am going through a similar situation right now, 8 year itch so to speak. My thoughts and prayers are with you. In my world if things don't improve I may become a permanent Kansas resident!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:47:37 AM  Show Profile
Kim! I am praying for you...but if things don't work out there are communities in Kansas giving away FREE land to build on! It's really cheap to live here. There is an article about Ellsworth, KS 50 miles from here and their free land program on aol news today. If you like peace and quiet and old fashioned small town life this is for you!

Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:55:28 AM  Show Profile
hey kim and meadowlark-

sending lots of encouragement and love from me-praying for courage and strength for you both.

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  10:35:22 AM  Show Profile
Jenny and Kim

I am so sorry that you both are going through such tough times. Be strong and know that my positive thoughts and prayers are with you. There is a Jewish prayer for healing that I say daily. I will include you in this prayer. Each day as you wake up, know that there is a Farm Girl in Texas who is "with you."

Isn't it wonderful that we have such a strong support group with this Tribe.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes I don't know what I'd do with out my "tribe"!

farmgirl@heart

Edited by - Kim on Aug 24 2005 10:50:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  11:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Kim and Meadowlark - In addition to the Jewish prayers, and all the thoughts of healing and light being sent your way, know also, that I am praying to Jesus for you both. Jesus also needed spiritual quiet, and went through a lot of suffering on this earth. It is wonderful that many of us, of all different beliefs, agree that healing and support and quiet times are essential to love.

With you girls!
jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Connie,
Would you be willing to post the Jewish Healing Prayer? I often wonder if I should have been born Jewish.....

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:35:46 PM  Show Profile
Kim - You too are in my thought and prayers. Maybe this time you spend in Kansas will shed light on the direction or path you are meant to follow. Be well sisters, and find the answers you are seeking within the quiet truest places of your hearts.
Love to you both, we are all here for you.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Like JP so beautifully put, all faiths and spiritualities seem to meld here for the good. My greatgrandmother was Jewish. She was a raven haired beauty with proud bearing and sad sky blue eyes. My grandmother never spoke of her much. She is on my Dad's side of the family and he inherited those haunting blue eyes, and black hair. Like Kim, I too have a pull toward the Jewish faith. Connie, if you feel comfortable I would also love to have that prayer for healing. Kim, I am sending ya good vibes and prayers.

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:04:47 PM  Show Profile
Right back at you Meadolark. It's been rough for me, but I think my time in Kansas will help me heal or direct me to a new path.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:42:08 PM  Show Profile
To give you both a chuckle, my son came home in kindergarten seeming very agitated and not at all himself. After several hours at home we sat down to our usual dinner and all *&^%$#@ broke out!Apparently our friends Dad had come in to share the Hannukah games with the kids and pass out the chocolate gelt. He didn't really discuss the religion just some of the holiday practices for Hannukah. Well we had alot of explaining to do that night. He wanted to know why WE weren't jewish, who said we couldn't be jewish and he was going to become jewish! We made plans to go to temple with our friends that weekend and he was very excited. When all was said and done we came out and he was asked what he thought.He looked around at all of us and said : "Here are the things I liked:That big box with the treasure map( the scrolls) , the ceiling and that wall (they were beautifully carved) and all those golden cups". Well, what didn't you like? "You didn't tell me it was longer than my church and they don't speak American!" Ahhh, the mind of a 5 year old! He has been back several times since as a guest, but this year will probably have a few bar mitzvahs to go to!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Aug 25 2005 5:59:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are We A 21st Century Tribe? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page