Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are We A 21st Century Tribe? Next Topic
Page: of 3

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2005 :  5:09:55 PM  Show Profile
More and more women are joining this wonderful forum. We are diverse and scattered across land and sea... We support each other in trials and hardship...We celebrate births of children and grandchildren.. We mourn and offer sympathy and comfort and prayer when one of us looses a loved one or is hurting...We tend to health and give medicinal advice and strategie for healing...We share joy...We share pain...We lash out at times and vent, but it is tolerated and forgiven and understood...We marvel at each others accomplishments... Is this ancient women tribal bonding on a 21st century scale? We will always seek each other out...We are sisters...We are women and powerful.( Oh and for any males reading this...it's alright if you are here too and joining us...we welcome your voice too!)

The flowers flee from Autumn, but not you-
You are the fearless rose that grows amidst the freezing wind. Rumi

Edited by - MeadowLark on Jul 30 2005 5:10:58 PM

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2005 :  5:21:18 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, So well said!!!!! Yes, this forum is my tribe. I'm glad I finally have found a niche to belong to, where I fit in. And, yes, you are my sisters... you've stepped right up to fill that gap. Brothers are great, but I've been missing sisters all my life! Thank you all! XXXXXXXXXXX Lotsa hugs. I think I'll beat my drum now... feels appropriate. Perhaps call us all together?

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2005 :  6:22:24 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful thought! I love it!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2005 :  6:56:34 PM  Show Profile
We also share agricultural advice: the growing and preparing of food, animal husbandry, use of textile, child rearing advice, advice on birth control and menopause...can't get much more ancient than this sisters!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2005 :  9:11:06 PM  Show Profile
I totally agree!! I love what you wrote! I am so glad to have found this place and all of you!!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2005 :  9:44:13 PM  Show Profile
Jenny and all-- What an interesting way to think about this group!I think in one of my very first posts I used the words,"I have found my people". This crazy machine has given us a way to connect across states, countries and wherever kindred spirits dwell. I have shared stories and thoughts with all of you that only a few people close to me know. How strange that this forum gives us the ability to open our hearts, and hopefully our minds to what each of us has to share without being judgemental or close minded. We laugh, cry and share our concerns ,worries, joys and celebrations. We have certainly become a community of friends I sure like to visit!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  06:14:44 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Jenny Meadowlark,
You have descibed exactly what my heart has been singing for a few months now.Although you have all known each other a bit longer and I am a fledgling sister you all feel closer to me than my own sister,who thinks all of my interests are "backwards" and "too much work".of course we all know better.
Before I found the connection, I was searching the web, in vain, for a penpal/network/chat that fit me.I felt such an incredible longing to find even just one gal to share ideas with and,lo and behold, I have found a bushel full!!An extra big hug to my local PA farmgirl, HildieMae for our renewed committment to unabashedly sharing our farmgirl ways with the world around us.It continues to blossom!!!
In the last few months, my already blessed life has been enriched in a thousand ways by meeting all of you.
Jenny, thank you so much for posting this sentiment........
It will live large in my heart today.
I look forward to the day when we all meet..I know it is destined to happen..

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Nov 02 2005 09:34:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  08:07:20 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark - Thank you for posting your beautiful and eloquent thoughts. I feel blessed and lucky and also a little bewildered to have found such a wonderful and consistently caring group of women. You guys make each day better and more loving. And modern technology made it possible for us!!! Even though we are all striving to preserve the old ways, the new ones can be made "human" too if we use them that way.

Thanks to all of you!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  09:51:36 AM  Show Profile
My drum is beating girls. I have poured out my heart to you on subjects I dont normally discuss. I am a better person for knowing all of you! Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  10:00:13 AM  Show Profile
{{{{Hugs to all of you sweet farmgirl tribe}}}}

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  1:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh JP -- I read your post and it just brought tears to my eyes! I can not begin to tell all of you how much you have come to mean to me in the short time I've been here. I check in a couple of times a day just to see what my friends have been up to. I have lived my whole life wanting to be where I am right at this moment -- living on my property, changing my modern hectic life back to a simpler one, doing things the way my mom and grandma used to do them, and learning new things every day from all of you. The experience of connecting with all of you, sharing my heart with you, and learning from your wisdom is like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. We are a 21st Century Tribe of smart, strong, and beautiful women!!!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  2:28:48 PM  Show Profile
We even have our own "names" that fit our personalities, like other tribes before us did!

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

Lazycreek
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Charlee
Mt Ida AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  2:47:52 PM  Show Profile
I love coming here and you spoke the words from all our hearts.

Charlee

Believe in the power of your dreams
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  11:44:51 PM  Show Profile
Well said Meadowlark and I couldnt agree with you more..

A great oak, is just a little nut which held it's ground.
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  04:17:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Meadowlark, for writing what I feel in my heart. I look forward to spending time with all of you each day. You have opened parts of my heart that I had closed because I had no one to share the farmgirl in me. Thank you for sharing your talent with us and speaking from you heart.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  05:26:08 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree! We are a 21st century tribe and this website is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Everyone here is so thoughtful and caring. I NEED you all. I was having major withdrawals this weekend, as my laptop I brought from work is not working in my hotel room.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  05:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kim - how is Kansas City? Going to meet any of the tribe while you are there? :)

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  05:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark,

What a wonderful way to describe this connection we all feel! Before a friend told me about this website, I felt like what I was doing every day was just ME out there on the farm working and then back home raising kids, quilting, and making use of the farm's produce . . . now I feel like it is what WE do every day. This tribe brings me such peace and joy. I look forward to the personal e-mails, the wonderful discussions on the site, and the surprises in my mailbox. We have so much in common and I treasure these positive farmgirl friendships.

Jane

"Let us then plant with diligence and care
The garden of the soil,
But let us, with far deeper earnestness,
Tend the garden of our hearts."
~ from The Cottage Gardener, 1849
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  10:17:19 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

Meadowlark What a wonderful, touching way to describe our group. Everyone has contributed so many fine comments that I will only add that you are like "kindred spirits" to me. I have never found a group that was so like-minded and kind. I have tried to explain this to others but they don't seem to understand how special this is. I feel that our "Tribe" is with me each day and truly treasure this. We are truly sisters.

It is ironic that such modern technology has connected those that value the "old ways."

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Well farmgirl tribe...My drum is broken (my computer is crashed) I took the hard drive in to a computer repair and hopefully my "drum" will be beating soon!

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  12:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Meadowlark, so your pony threw you huh? Did you have to go to the library to get on again and beat your drum a little? These cyber ponies get a little tough to get along with sometimes. Hope you are back on soon.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  1:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for every word, every idea, story, all of the sharing.
I am so new- I keep the site open all day and look at all the updated chat going on. I've read through most postings already.
I feel not only that I connect in my everyday life and interests- but, also that I can find a part of myself here in each of your lives that I don't have in mine!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  2:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Things are going well here in Kansas. I would love to get together with any and all of the Kansas tribe members. Shoot me an e-mail Kansas gals. I have a lot of free time!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  09:26:52 AM  Show Profile
Ditto!

To live without farm life is merely existing, to live with farm life is living life to it very last experience.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  08:41:14 AM  Show Profile
So much has been said and I agree with in all. I too have had a hard time decribing to other people what kind of connection we have here. I never knew you could have such a connection with so many women you have never met face to face. It's so freeing in a way it leaves all judgement away ( as it should be in the world in general) and we love eachother for our words and all the feeling behind those words. It so good!

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2005 :  5:36:39 PM  Show Profile
I love the new pic of the sweet little girl holding up the farmgirl bumper sticker on the home page...Then the sociologist in me came out and said "Are the bumper stickers a device to let others know we belong to this tribe?" Food for thought...but I love it, and wear my tribal badge proudly on my car!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Are We A 21st Century Tribe? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page