Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 o.k. .. which part of HOUSE CLEANING do you ENJOY?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic o.k. .. which part of HOUSE CLEANING do you ENJOY? Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  10:35:24 PM  Show Profile
gosh! nuthin' hops into my mind right away. i dooooo love the look and smell of newly polished wood though! how's about you gurlz? xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  11:31:36 PM  Show Profile
I really like organizing things..although you wouldn't know it to look at my laundry/sewing room right now (or my kitchen for that matter today!!) and I like to polish wood.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  04:47:33 AM  Show Profile
I like to stand back, and look at it once it is done!!! I don't care that much for the doing part! Then I wish it was stay that way. But it never does!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  07:27:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm a little OCD so I just like cleaning and organizing......
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  07:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I have a thing about dirty carpets. So I guess I can say that I like vaccuuming the best.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  10:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I really enjoy ironing. Not really complicated things, but old linens in particular. I've already worked on them to get them clean, so I guess that's a big chore out of the way, and the peacefulness of just standing/sitting on a tall stool and smelling the lavendar water and finishing the work of old things cleaned and freshened, is fulfilling.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  10:09:44 PM  Show Profile
I like laundry...who'd a thunk it?

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  08:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I like everything when it is done and I REALLY love polishing thirsty wood. It is always so amazing the luster you can bring out in the wood.

I polished my wooden pantry shelf before I left on the 2nd. We got home yesterday and it is still gleaming and "happy" looking.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  1:56:36 PM  Show Profile
I love ironing too. I find it's a good time to let my mind wander a bit! I also love washing dishes for some reason. The warm water and lemony-smelling soap are very comforting.

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  2:05:01 PM  Show Profile

Believe it or not, I actually get satisfaction from cleaning the bathroom--it always looks so much better when I'm done. Too bad it doesn't stay that way for very long!

I also enjoy hanging out laundry; it's usually a nice day, and I find it a good time to think about life, or something I need to sort out in my mind.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  2:46:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm still thinking, Frannie.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  4:31:45 PM  Show Profile
When someone else does it! ;-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  6:00:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you wood polishers! Something about that smell and shine is soooo satisfying! Especially the cabinets around the sink-- they just drink up that oil!

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  7:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I should polish my kitchen cabinets! I am sure they could use it! I hadn't thought about doing those! LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  1:56:08 PM  Show Profile
None of the above! lol!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  10:55:27 AM  Show Profile
Although I totally agree with the "When someone else does it" and the "None of the above" responses, I really do enjoy cleaning the bathroom.
First, it stays clean for a while...unlike floors, dishes, etc...
Second, it only takes a little while.

I have slacked off a bit, but am trying to get back in the habit of wiping the sink and swabbing the toilet every day. This time, I'm adding in wiping down the shower walls when I'm in there, too.

It makes it stay clean even longer and takes even less time. When I was doing this every day, I hardly ever had to break out the AJAX.

I don't really mind washing and drying clothes, since you don't have to DO it, you just put it in and start it, but I don't like the fold-and-put-away part of laundry...or the fact that you turn around and there's MORE...

Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  9:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Washing dishes and folding freshly hung-on-the-line linens.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  5:39:32 PM  Show Profile
I like cleaning the bathrooms too! They are less cluttered than the rest of the rooms and clean up so nicely and pretty quick most of the time. I too, love the feeling of a freshly cleaned house though! There is nothing like cuddling up in a quilt to watch old movies or to read when the house smells so clean and looks sparkling clean.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2007 :  4:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
The part I love about house cleaning is "Coming home after the cleaning Lady has been here and cleaned up all of my mess" and the wonderful smell of a naturally clean house. Yes my hubby spoils me rotten and the cleaning lady is wonderful to use all my homemade cleaning concoctions. Never had one one all the kids were at home but now that the nest is empty she comes twice a month.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  2:05:33 PM  Show Profile
lol...I was a little embarrassed to admit that I have two cleaning ladies come in monthly, so thanks for 'fessin' up, Betty Jo. My home doesn't get too dirty, with just myself...and I clean the kitchen and bathrooms and do laundry and straighten up. I agree about the nice clean smell when you walk in the door after they've been there.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  2:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nothing to be ashamed about hiring a cleaning lady! I made my living being a cleaning lady for several years. I would love to hire a cleaning lady! hehe!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  3:22:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm probably some kind of weirdo, but My favorite part is standing up when its all clean and loving my clean house :D

Right now we have too much junk and we've been remodeling off and on since midsummer, so it is pure Bedlam. I Can't wait to get it all tidy again
I confess that I am not fond of washing windows, because I never seem to get them clean enough and surrounded by fields, they just get dirty so fast again. Its discouraging

Edited by - Annika on Sep 26 2007 3:41:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2007 :  9:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Annika-

You are not weird at all! That is the best part! Walking into a room where the windows sparkle, the furniture gleams with a nice polish, the floor freshly washed or vacuumed, and pillows fluffed on beds or couches. Gleaming counters and shining floors are so nice to have! It makes you want to take a picture because you just know it can't last for long.

I guess a clean house is the enemy of entropy and it seems like the universe always goes towards entropy so cleaning is might be our small way of staving off the end of the universe! *LOL* ;)

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic o.k. .. which part of HOUSE CLEANING do you ENJOY? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page