Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic
Page: of 10

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  11:29:01 AM  Show Profile
What would I do without my Ladies?

Kate I got the revised list, Thanks. This looks like it will work out well for everyone.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  11:35:41 AM  Show Profile
Super!! I'm so glad. Hope you all have fun with your Quilts. Send me pictures when your done I would love to seen some finished!!
Love ya all!!
Very relieved your happy!!
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  12:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Do we make and send 1 block to each person on the list?
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  1:29:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, sorry to be a pain, but would those with my name on their list please remove it.. as we intend to shift soon, I just dont have the time to do this. My list includes, Kay. Anna, Carol, Kim, Julia, Bridge etc.
Once again, very sorry to muck you all around. Helen
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  1:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Helen and I'll send an e-mail out as well just in case.

Yes Bridgette just one block for each gal!!

Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  1:54:39 PM  Show Profile
HEllo All!!
I just sent out the three different Quilt Block lists. I tried to make them small so it would be less time consuming. So if you get a list and you didn't want to be on this list please just send me a quick e-mail letting me know to take you off. Same thing if you didn't get a list and you would like to be added just send me your information and I'll fill ya in. I'm going to let everything settle and allow everyone to look at their e-mails and decide. By the end of tomorrow I will send out all the up dates to lists one two and three. Thanks for everyone’s hard work to get this ready. Hear from ya soon!!
Kate

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  2:13:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kate -- I'm on Quilt Block list #2 -- by mistake! I can't do quilt blocks -- not well enough to send to someone else, anyway. Please remove me from the list. (I've emailed you as well, but I find my emails often get filtered out, so I'm giving you this heads-up as well.) Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  2:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Much!!

Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  3:50:34 PM  Show Profile
Kate,
Got my list today, and I'm happy and excited! You're doing a great job, and I just wanted to tell you thanks! Gotta get sewing...fun, fun, fun! Have a great day!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  4:03:14 PM  Show Profile
I just got back from changing the sheets on the Bed and Breakfast beds and I came back to my computer to see a wonderful note!! Thanks so much It makes my day when i get nice little notes. You just put a BIG smile on my face!! Have a wonderful evening and when you get your blocks made into a quilt I would love to see one. If you could take a pic and send it to me!! You gals make my job such a delight!!
~Much love
Kate

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  4:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kate for all your hard work. This should be fun. I need to get sewing. I would like to get all my blocks out by Christmas.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  07:20:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks a bundle to the charming and talented Kate! All you gals on my list, I'll contact you sometime today so we can make a plan of action. :) This is gonna be fun!

Annie
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  07:55:18 AM  Show Profile
Kate -- thanks so much for the list. I like having it broken down into smaller groups -- that make it much more manageable. Helen -- I'm sorry that you're taking your name off -- I was excited to have you on my list!! But maybe you can come back soon.

Kate -- you're doing a great job!

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  10:10:33 AM  Show Profile
CJ Smith,

I don't know your email address or your screen name. Can you update the quilt list so we can track you down?

Annie.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  10:21:31 AM  Show Profile
CJ, since I don't have your email, this is just for you. I emailed the other gals on our list:

I don't know if anyone has started making blocks yet (I haven't) but I thought we might want to decide among ourselves how we want to swap. We could do anything goes: any pattern, any color. We could do any pattern in a specific color range (for example all blues or predominantly blue). We could do a specific pattern in any color, or with basic guide lines (i.e. shoo-fly with light-colored background).

I have a gazillion pattern books, so if we need ideas, I've got plenty.

My preferences include:
Any color goes--so I don't have to buy anything (I'm out of some colors)
A pattern that can be rotary cut and not too fussy to put together

What do you think? Anyone who has already started, what are you making?

Annie
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  11:19:09 AM  Show Profile
Howdy Kate,
Can I make a few tiny suggestions? I believe it will save everyone some time and maybe even prevent confusion and so many questions.

When a list goes out is it possible to put a title at the top of the page naming what list it is? I was on the charm and the quilt block swap list and I downloaded and printed them both out without looking first and now have no way of knowing which list is which..

Secondly,it may be a good idea to send "list specific" instructions along with each list of 13 names, so as to avoid the confusion and mistakes like poor sqrl just encountered.It really isnt a big deal to
go back and fix but I would have hated it too, not to have known before cutting.
Maybe Fabulous Diane could explain the sewing or cutting details if it is too much for you, but I think it is important to have that project specific information in front of you when you start the project. That way, you don't have to go back in and search through the whole thread for the answers.
I hope you don't mind the suggestions.
Thanks for puttin' it all together for us.

BEB

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Oct 14 2005 11:19:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  1:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Good point Susan, and I agree with you! One other note, is there a time limit on this exchange? I'm still cutting charm squares along with painting the house and babysitting new grand baby so I'm not sure when I'll be able to start my quilt block, I know we talked about doing one project at a time a few pages back? Just wondering, I'll try to keep up either way! Thanks!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  3:02:05 PM  Show Profile
BlueEggBade, thanks I think thats a great idea. And junebug, I sure hope theres no deadline, I've got some fixing to do and I want to make them just perfect.
I saw that some people requested certain colors, I didn't realize we could do that. Myself, I like the surprise and the idea of a many color quilt. But I was wondering if I could request no holiday prints since I don't really celebrate Christmas or surrounding holidays. Winter prints are just fine though. I 've got some really great ideas for the ones I'm making, can't to send them out.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  4:25:38 PM  Show Profile
Maybe sometime after the holidays? I very much want to do it, but have to finish Christmas presents and want to not feel stressed. Thanks!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  9:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Maybe the deadline should be in January. Just about the time we're starting to get the winter blahs we can have nice surprises coming in the mail. Plus we will have all the Christmas and holiday projects out of the way.

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  09:57:46 AM  Show Profile
One more tiny thing, is it OK if we don't do elaborately pieced blocks? I make watercolor art quilts and haven't done much piecing. Thanks, P

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2005 :  2:41:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello Kate
I think you put me on a quilt block list but it isn't printing totally on my computer. It says it is Group 1. I wasn't clear on this but anyway could you please remove me from this list I just have to much going on right now and can't participate. Maybe later.
Thanks so much

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  12:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Miss Kate, I'm afaird I have to be removed from the quilt block list, as my plate is full right now, and to be fair to the other projects I started before this one, it's only right. Maybe I can join in on the next one, hope everyone understands and it doesn't cause any problems? I'm still on the charm square list and mail art of course. Thanks Kate!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  10:38:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patricia I think it's just fine not to do a pieced block. The only reason I'm doing any piecing is cause I cut my squares too small, so I'm putting a border around them. I'm mostly doing embroidary. I like the idea of having all kinds of blocks.

Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  3:52:55 PM  Show Profile
Help Has Arrived!!! MaryJane just talked to me about spending some good girl time together working through these lists. Yeehawwww! She can tell I'm in need of some good MaryJane time!! (She also knows how to spell!!) She is going to help me organize! You gals are sure in for a treat....up to date lists that are spelled correctly with the right addresses!! What more could a Farm girl ask for?? Ü

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page