Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic
Page: of 10

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  08:16:04 AM  Show Profile
To all the ladies in the quilt group #3, my address should be N99 W16181 Northway, Germantown WI 53022. The name of the street was left off the list and the city was misspelled. Thank you.....Jan Pinter
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  08:32:01 AM  Show Profile
got it.
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  08:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Are you feeling better, Patricia? Hope so...healthy hugs to you.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  09:10:01 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the correction, Jan. Since I haven't heard much back in the way of preferences, I'm just going to start making my blocks and sending them out as I finish.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  09:13:13 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for asking, Diane, the doctor says it will probably be another tough week, but she's giving me some heavy duty nausea pills which should help and she said they'd make me very tired (so what is this I've been feeling? Certainly not pep!) but I figure that may work for me since part of this withdrawl is not sleeping. So keep your fingers crossed. I'm going to go drool in the corner now.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  3:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Dear Jane,
"Quilting Queen" you put me to shame - I had planned to be the first one to get a block out and here you go and beat me to it! And what a beautiful block it is! Thank you so much for being the first to surprise me. Now I must get on the ball and get to work.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 27 2005 3:55:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  06:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Mary,

I'm glad you liked the block. The kids and I had 2 days off school for parent-teacher conferences, so I got a 4-day weekend. Whenever I got the chance, I worked on blocks. I'm making each person's in a completely different block pattern and different fabrics and colors, so you can know that yours is one-of-a-kind. I'm having fun trying different blocks and putting color combinations together. I wouldn't want to put anyone to shame...I hope I can inspire you instead. Happy sewing!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  1:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Well GIRLS..you might let a person know you were starting already!! Did I miss that? Guess I better get my sewing machine back in the corral.....

I think I read the postings wrong..you wanted to be FINISHED by January, I was thinking you didn't want to START till then. I think I need either new glasses or a new brain...:)
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  4:42:43 PM  Show Profile
I finished all of my quilt blocks today. I'm really pleased with them, and I hope you gals on my list will be, too. Husband said "don't give those away, those are great!" So it looks like I'll be making up a bunch more of these. By the way, I have a couple extras to swap, so if anyone NOT on my list (group 3) is interested in swapping with me, I'll send a block to you, too. First to claim gets a block.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  08:22:52 AM  Show Profile
AnnieT,

I'll swap with you. Our group's list has grown a bit short. Thanks for offering.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  08:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh Geez -- I better get busy and decide what kind of blocks I want to do!! I can assure you it will take me until January to get these done. I'm glad the list is small.

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  09:38:15 AM  Show Profile
Annie T = I'll swap with you too. I'm number 14 on the original quilt block swap. I'll e-mail you my address.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  12:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Okay, Jane and Mary. I have your addresses and blocks will be on their way to you as soon as I get stamps. Anyone else? I still have a couple more.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  1:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I'd be happy to, Miss Annie. Do you have a color preference for a return block?
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  1:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Sold! No, I have no preference as to color. I already have your address, so I'll get it in the mail when my stamps come.

Two blocks left, folks. Any takers?

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  3:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Annie, are you a redhead by any chance?
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  5:48:28 PM  Show Profile
I am a strawberry brunette, I suppose. Lots and lots of red in there, but a little too brown to be considered a redhead (much to my dismay).

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  8:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I KNEW it. The colors in the charm squares you sent were so a redhead person's choice!! They were a lovely well coordinated lot too. Did you make a quilt out of them?
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  1:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Nearly all the squares I sent out (everyone got a slightly different batch) were leftover from various quilts, but I don't think they were all in the same one. My quilts are very scrappy, though, so it's a possibility. Right now I'm making a quilt for my daughter that is almost entirely fat quarters and fat eigths. I think I have about 35 different fabrics in it so far, and they are all farmyard themed, the majority with chickens! It is soooo fun. I think I'll have to make another barnyard quilt for my little boy due in January. I'm sure Miss O will love to match her baby brother. And what better way to use up all those chickens!
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  11:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Sounds very cute.I just love those colors...after years of pastels I am going thru a "I want more color" phase.. winter is at fault, the rainy Western Washington grey gets to me after a while!

Congrats on the future addition..do you have a name picked out yet? How fun to know before he is born...wish I had. I was always so careful with the room decor and the baby clothes, to make it generic, then had 3 girls and in retrospect, I could have bought every frilly lacy thing of my desire! Oh well!
Shall I put a chicken on your block?
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  08:01:37 AM  Show Profile
We do have a name: Gavin. We actually didn't plan to find out his gender, but the lady running the ultrasound forgot that we didn't want to know. We're tickled, though. I have so many boy hand-me-downs from my little brothers and friends of ours that I won't have to do much sewing for him for about a year.

Funny that you mention you want more colors. I have been going thru this in my wardrobe, too. I looove to wear earth tones, so usually all the fabric or clothes I buy for myself is somewhere between cream and brown. Lately I've been looking at myself in the mirror thinking "I look like mud." So I made myself a dark bright red tank top, and ordered some bright yellow fabric to make another top. So I guess now I am not allowed to make myself anything mud colored until I have made several more colorful things.

Oh, and a chicken would be wonderful!

Annie
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  09:40:56 AM  Show Profile
Well I'm getting there I have only a few finished, I have to check me list, with so many people dropping out I am wondering how many people are still on my list. All my block are different so far. Each with a little embroider saying on them with a little border. Sometimes it seems to take forever, but I'm enjoying it, thinking about everyone making the're quilt with my little block somewhere mix in. I wish to see a picture of everyone's quilt when they are finished with it. Happy stitching!!

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  1:31:39 PM  Show Profile
I hope you all don't think I'm lazy when my blocks arrive. I did all of mine pretty much the same, just a few color differences, and I didn't embellish them in any way--no embroidery or applique or anything. I just don't have time for that with all the zillions of other things that need doing around here. I AM proud of my blocks, I really like how they came out, but there's nothing extra about them.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  11:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Annie, you have a toddler and a baby on the way! That you even MADE blocks amazes me, and that you not only participated but beat this old Nana with no kids around puts me to shame.No one expects fancy blocks from anyone...just getting them done is enough.And I am sure they are in lovely fabric too... so we will treasure them. Not to worry!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  1:31:53 PM  Show Profile
I agree..mine won't be fancy probably either. It is fun no matter what..and I bet yours will be great!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page