Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic
Page: of 10

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  12:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Carol, my fingers were thinking faster than my mind! I just didn't want to miss out!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art and Apron....

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  5:30:21 PM  Show Profile
Annie...congratulations on the new one coming!! That is so exciting!!!
I am in Manti. (middle of the state almost exactly!) Did I read in BWH that you are in 29 palms?? My cousin lives there...her husband is military too. If you meet a blond named Tami who is about 34 let me know..bet it is her! haha
Do you know yet if your new one is a girl or a boy?? How fun!!! So glad you are here!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! Yes, we're here in the lovely (HA) desert. We can't wait to get back home. I will keep my eye out for Tami, though I don't get to base much (we chose to live in town, instead of military housing--much quieter this way).

The Baby '06 model will be a surprise as to gender, just like Olga was. There are too few wonderful surprises these days, anyway. I'm going to stitch up some boy things, though, just in case. For some reason daddy just can't allow a little boy to wear big sister's hand-me-downs. ;)

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  1:54:25 PM  Show Profile
You know, Tami could be off base too, I am not even sure. I think the baby being a surprize is so fun. I didn't know which sex my two "homemade sons" were ahead of time..although I did guess right both times..and the other 5 are adopted. Good idea to be prepared with some boy stuff..men are funny like that!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  05:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Diane,
Did you email or snail mail the list out?
If you emailed it, I havent received it yet.

Thanks

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  10:35:41 AM  Show Profile
Annie,
I am dying to read the series on "Starting Over" I just purchsed my first Backwoods Home and love it. Is there anyway of getting a photo copy of each installement? I checked the web and they aren't on there. I wanted to see if anyone had them before I plunk down the extra money for back issues.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  10:44:24 AM  Show Profile
They have been wonderful!!! Jackie clay is one of my heros for sure!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  2:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh, the Starting Over series is WONDERFUL. Jackie is an incredible woman, and the envy of most of us at the office. She certainly is an inspiration to me and my husband, and I know many others. I am editing the 7th installment of Starting Over now. Im afraid photo copies of articles are not available. The only circumstance we offer them is when a back issue is out of print and the article hasn't been released in some other format (anthology, cd-rom, etc.) and there is no other way to get the article. When the series is over, I believe we'll be updating the Jackie Clay CD-rom with this series in its entirety, so if you want to wait a while, you could get the articles that way. Of course, Jackie is still going strong on this series, and she has a lot to do on her new homestead, so I don't see an end in sight. :) Back issues are only $5 each, though, pretty cheap as far as most magazines go. If you call the office 800-835-2418, they'll help you get just the issues with the Starting Over series (she may have missed an issue or two, I can't recall). The Ask Jackie section is my other favorite part of the magazine. I always learn so much from her!

Don't mean to ramble on about this, and sorry I seem to have hijacked this post. I love my job. :)

To keep it a little on topic, I am going to have a quilt article in there soon. Probably for next winter's issue. I'm going to do a project quilt. Maybe I'll use some of the charm squares and quilt blocks we exchange here. :)

Annie
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  2:16:50 PM  Show Profile
By the way, has everybody signed up for the MJ's Farm quilt list? The gals will help us organize future swaps, to help keep names/addresses private.
Here's the link, so you can read about it:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/mail-lists.asp
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  11:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Anyone who wants to participate in the QUILT BLOCK SWAP (not to be confused with the charm exchange, that is a different animal) email your request to the MJF crew at... quilts@maryjanesfarm.org.

They will be handling lists and info, starting sometime later.

NOTE: A Block Swap is the exchange of usually 12" x 12" pieced quilt blocks between participants.Most often they are signed and dated.It takes a lot of work so be prepared, if you receive a block you have to return a block!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  10:59:38 AM  Show Profile
So if you recieve a block you return a block, I get it. I'm glad you said something 'cause I signed up for this and I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. I signed up through MJF and I got a response that I was added to the list, but is it OK that I haven't recieved a list yet? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something. I'm happy to clean out a little of my fabric and of course recieve some fun stuff that I may not have found on my own.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

bluelavender45
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

mary
league city tx
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  9:11:18 PM  Show Profile

You can make beautiful fast quilts with 12 1/2 inch squares. If you can't hand quilt the easiest way to go is tying the middle of each blocks with a piece of yarn. I've made several that way. Bluelavender
Let life be more of a dance and less of a battle.

Edited by - bluelavender45 on Sep 11 2005 9:17:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

bluelavender45
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

mary
league city tx
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  07:48:24 AM  Show Profile
If you would like to see some of my quilting projects you can log on to http://bluelavender45.myphotoalbum.com I still have many more ufo's and am working on a Christmas wall hanging right now. I have to make about 30 more Sunbonnet Sue 8" blocks to complete two twin size quilts. The two quilts made out of big squares were made with 12 1/2 inch squares that were tied in the middle and corner of each block. I was able to finish the two quilts in one month. Bluelavender45

Let life be more of a dance and less of a battle.

Edited by - bluelavender45 on Sep 12 2005 07:50:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  08:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful Mary!! You are sure talented!!! I LOVE the sunbonnet sues..always planned to do a quilt like that and havn't gotten around to it yet. I am a slow quilter..but always have one going! Loved seeing your work!!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  08:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Mary -- just beautiful!! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing with us.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  12:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Mary,
Wow! You must be a busy lady...thanks for sharing your projects with us! I really enjoy getting to see what others are quilting. Happy stitching!

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  08:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Well........after seeing bluelavendar's quilts I am inspired to share some of mine also. You can view them at http://quilt8305.myphotoalbum.com

I am anxiously awaiting the start of the quilt block swap.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  09:38:55 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful, Mary!! And.. I love it that your hubby is "holder of the quilts".

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile
To the two Marys...beautiful work. You both are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  10:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Mary and Mary-beautiful work!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  07:57:17 AM  Show Profile
So...........can anyone tell me the status of the quilt block swap? Is it going to happen?

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  12:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Mary,
I got an e-mail from the new girl at the farm who is organizing the lists. She thanked me and everyone for our patience and said she is going to be gone this coming week, and she'll get to work on the lists when she gets back. I'm hoping that means it'll be soon.
In the meantime, there's a nice person who wants to swap one-on-one for 6-inch Christmas blocks. I told her I'd swap one with her. It was quick and fun to create. Since, on my end, I'm just receiving just one block, I figure I'll add to it a bit and maybe some borders, and make a cute, Christmasy pillow. You can check it out in the stitching room area of the forum.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  1:02:02 PM  Show Profile
Jane,

Thanks for the tip and the great idea for a quick Christmas decoration/gift/whatever. I will definitely check it out.

Mary

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 01 2005 1:02:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  08:58:43 AM  Show Profile
OK. I have received my list for the quilt block swap, but have some questions. What are the guidelines to follow? I know the block is to be 12 1/2 inches unfinished, and I see some people have requested specific colors. Is everyone going to make the same block or one of their choice? Does anyone think that 26 names are too many and the list should be split in half? Twelve or thirteen blocks is enough for one quilt. Should we have a deadline e.g. this time next year? That would be approximatly a block a month if the list were split. I assume everyone is going to sign and date their block - I hope so. I have sent all these questions to Kate in a separate e-mail. I am anxious to hear your thoughts.
Mary The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 10 2005 7:17:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2005 :  11:16:38 AM  Show Profile
Ok I thought it was to be a 12" block not a 12 1/2" block. i've cut all mine already. I don't think I can change it, I certainly don't have enough fabric to start over again. Can someone state the guide lines so everyone knows what to do. Sorry but everyone gets a 12" block from me.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page