Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic
Page: of 10

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  10:56:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary!!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  10:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Calling..Quilt8305.....Mary..Thanks for the snail mail..got it today. That was a great help! Now the hard part is getting everyone to pick a pattern, email me their addresses and color preferences..HINT HINT TO THE OTHER LADIES WHO WANT TO SWAP SOON!!
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  3:29:37 PM  Show Profile
Diane, glad you got the information. I would go with what you have in front of you for a pattern - the friendship star. It is easy and you can see from the picture it turns out nicely. The whole idea is to have a scrappy kind of quilt I think, so to keep it simple instead of picking colors, etc., why not throw it open and see what develops? Keep the pattern the same and require only 100% cotton fabric, an off white background, - sign and date - I think it would be a lot of fun that way and easier for you to coordinate - basically just a list of names, addresses and e-mails.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  7:59:23 PM  Show Profile
I would love it if each person embroidered their name, city & state, and date on the swapped blocks. With all of us coming from places all over the country (and world), it will be fascinating to have the locations included on them. Has the type of block already been decided? I was hoping that we could each pick our own kind of block as long as it was 12 inch (12.5 inch with seams). That way we could each share our own creative quilting and see neat stuff that others enjoy making. We'd each end up with beautiful, unique friendship quilts that are scrappy, colorful, works of art. What do you think?

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  8:12:44 PM  Show Profile
Jane- I suggested something similar , an autograph type block, but I like your idea. I am still trying to find out if the charm swap has started , am I just hopelessly lost? It wouldn't be the first time!!!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  8:22:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure about the charm thing. I think Diane & Holly "Fabulous Farm Femmes" are organizing both swaps.

Jane

"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much love we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  11:09:52 PM  Show Profile
I would love to participate in the charm swap and subsequent quilt block swap, if it is still open. Goodness knows I have enough fabric to share. Who should I send my address to?
Annie
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  04:50:25 AM  Show Profile
AnnieT,
Fabulous Farm Femmes (5 entries above yours) would be the name to click on. You'll get their profile and there will be a place to send them an e-mail.

Jane

Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  06:21:04 AM  Show Profile
Are we still doing the charm square swap too?

It would be a shame not to because it is so easy to just clip a small square of fabric out and mail it off....

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  10:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Yes the charm square exchange is still on..have been waiting to see if anyone else wanted to join, that list goes out tomorrow actually.
Go to Top of Page

bluelavender45
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

mary
league city tx
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  12:51:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi I just joined and it just so happens that I love to make quilts. I just finished a Toile quilt and gave it to a cousin. I am working on two Sunbonnets at the moment along with many other UFO's. A charm square for beginners would be great. Bluelavender45
I was going to post some pictures but couldn't figure out how.
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:06:16 PM  Show Profile
Is it too late to get in on the block and/or charm exchange? I would call myself an "intermediate" beginner...ha-ha..how's that for hedging? CarolC, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Is it too late to get in on the block and/or charm exchange? CarolC in El Rancho, NM
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Never to late to have fun with fabric, Carol! I sent out the original charm list yesterday, sending an addendum today with 3 new ladies (you included) on the list! The quilt block swap will start later this fall I am guessing, as the Lovely Ladies of MJ's Farm are now in the process of making these swaps computerized I guess you would call it.Which is good as we can all get a head start that way..making blocks I mean..as we will probably swap 12 1/2" blocks I would think, pretty standars swap size.Anyway glad to have you!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I never got the list, can you send me one, PLEASE........
wesue@townsqr.com Thank you!!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Terrific! I just hope I can find my way to it....I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to moving about in computers. Which is ironic, since my job involves sitting at one nearly 24/7! How and when do we find out about patterns, preferred colors, exact sizes, etc.? And thanks for including me!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  09:46:47 AM  Show Profile
Fabulous,
I emailed you my address, but just wanted to make sure you put me on the list for the charm squares and the block exchange.
I've very excited about this!
Annie

Edited by - AnnieT on Aug 27 2005 9:30:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  2:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Hubby and I headed out for vacation today, so will send all you old charm exchangers a postcard with the new names, and the new ones the current list from the sunny Oregon Coast...maybe i will find some fun new fabric to send out too...hmmmmm..
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  2:41:31 PM  Show Profile
Have a fabulous time!!!
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  2:45:04 PM  Show Profile
Have a lovely and safe trip!!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile
Oooh! I'm jealous! That's where we're from. (But we have to be in stinky S. Calif until Spring). Have fun and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weather they've been having back home! Annie.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  8:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Girls, I HIGHLY recommend that you go back and edit your messages to delete your email addresses. This is not a safe practice. See the Member Tips post in the Welcome Category.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  8:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Annie....you ARE the Annie from backwoods home magazine right?? How fun to have you here..I feel like I watched you grow up!! And now you are a mom too..neat!!
I have subscribed to BWH forever and love it. I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  9:36:02 PM  Show Profile
That's me! Hard to get that domain name unless you're family. :) Always glad to come across a subscriber who I have things in common with (other than the love of our family business, of course!). My little girl is 17 months old now, and we have another on the way, due in January. Lots of sewing to do before then!

By the way, Jenny, where are you in UT? My mom is in Hyde Park. Annie.

Edited by - AnnieT on Aug 28 2005 12:11:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  11:58:39 AM  Show Profile
Welcome AnnieT, I love BackWoods Home and even got my grand daughters photo in it a couple of issues back. Glad to have you here and look forward to swapping with you!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art and Apron....

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Block swap NEW INFO page 6 bottom Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page